Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
If there are any Chuck fans here, they released the soundtrack today.
http://smile.amazon.com/Chuck-Television-Series-digital-booklet/dp/B00UMT86S2

No idea why it happened now, but I love it..... I'm a nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Raluek posted:

It takes billable hours that small businesses can't afford, endless nights, to convert these kinds of systems into something modern that can be plugged into a modern system. Not to mention re-training, and paying for the software in the first place. The thing with small businesses is that they are small because they can't afford to be any bigger.

And going out of business is a better alternative?

I really hate to use Oracle as a positive example, but they are well known for coming in and doing such conversions. For free. IBM provides quite a bit of service and assistance if you purchase one of their systems - not to the level of Oracle, but you don't get the attached strings either. Many other providers provide other levels of support as well.

There are solutions out there for nearly every small business situation you can think of. It requires the business to get out of their comfort zone a bit and find what will work for them. Most vendors don't cold call businesses, so the business needs to initiate the conversation. Most places I've dealt with when I was in this industry either can't get over their self imposed impressions of what the "next step" is, or are trying to cultivate some kind of throwback, old time experience in which case they usually have some kind of niche that they either excel in, or die with.

So yeah, political problem. The logistics stuff is pretty well solved.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Cat Terrist posted:

Just reading this whole yes you still will stink you bomb weed......

I'm more WTF about the cop giving a poo poo about weed rather than the loving stolen car. FFS, weed is goddamn near harmless who the hell cares?!?!? It's loving dumb that I could *literally* take a walk not far from where I live, harvest as much wild weed as I wanted and be a criminal. I thought I had walked into someone's stash but I've since found out cannibas grows wild here and it's dead easy to find. Criminalisation makes zero sense anymore on any level.

And frankly I tend to find weed smokers - even ones who don't give a gently caress about the legality - tend to be more considerate of non smokers.

Yeah, that's what bothered me, my car got stolen and hosed up and the cop still felt the need to be all :smug: about it for no reason.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat is there some crazy poo poo going on around here

So this dude fancies himself a scam artist
http://www.dailydot.com/society/stop-bullying-ceo-fraud-benjamin-byerline/

We walked in the same circles, he dated a friend of mine. He's got a trail of knocked up girls behind him. All around major scumbag. So in the last few weeks Indiana has made headlines over this new law that may or may not allow legal discrimination. A pizza place about an hour northwest of here said they'd refuse to cater gay weddings and they were at first smacked down hard, the bigots and gay haters have now raised almost $900K in support of them. It's loving crazy.

So this Ben clown in another of his scams announces he is opening a pizza joint and that they will refuse service to "the gays." He even posts a link to the story about the place that I mention above. It's pretty clear that he wants to cash in. I also hear through the grapevine that he's stolen $3000 from one person and they're going after him to get it back. So today I'm sitting at work and I get a call asking me if I want to get in on this brute squad they've assembled to go after the dude.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You know what needs to be done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNqKrX1sx8

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

If anyone could track this dude down I'm sure they'd do worse. The police had to go break up an incident at his girlfriend's apartment. More than a dozen guys showed up looking to gently caress him up earlier today. I don't even really know the guy but for how horrible of a person he is you'd think w'd be best friends.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Taco Box posted:

Kina E/N here, but I feel really off the last few days. Hours at work are short and I'm on a different machine doing e-beam welding instead of CMM. It's interesting work but it's not what I want to do with my life. I finished up all these projects over my 4 day weekend and I just feel such ennui about everything. I feel this longing and nostalgia and I have no idea what for. One phrase keeps coming into my head "I want to just go home". I am home. My wife is here, my cats are here, my whole life is here and just want to go home. I have no idea WTF is going on with me. I have been running more just to keep the depression at bay. I had really severe depression diagnosed about a decade ago, but I couldn't afford to keep going to therapy and pay for the meds (Wellbutrin) and I had to quit cold turkey. I found that the only thing that brings me up is exercise, and booze. I've had a pretty bad five year bout with alcoholism. I get hangovers within an hour of having a drink now, and I have no money for booze anymore. I spent my last nickel on parts for the miata's top and now I am so tapped out I have no idea how I'm gonna pay the bills this month. I guess I have to sell some bicycles again :smith:

I'll leave you with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJVQJ4-n_cA
It's how I feel, even the notes describe my mood. I wish I had some wine. I guess I'll go to bed. Sorry to take your time guys, I feel so adrift :qq:

Take our time? Pff, I (and others, I'm sure) come here to read some words and maybe escape a few more minutes of work/other crap I/we probably should be doing in life so you really don't have to worry about 'taking' our time to vent a bit.

This line:

quote:

I feel this longing and nostalgia and I have no idea what for.

I am so with you on this. It's really weird, it's like somewhere in the back of my head I know what I want but it won't come to the front and reveal itself so I can actually get my head down and work towards it. It's not cool. Outside of that, depression messes with you in a variety of less than wonderful ways so you have my sympathy but don't keep it all bottled up, talk to someone, especially your wife about how you're feeling.

In ending I would like to offer you the Fred Falke remix to the above track because Fred Falke is wonderful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLIYkV96Qic

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Anyone else watching Better Call Saul?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

angryhampster posted:

Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad are two shows that I will readily acknowledge are loving brilliant but I just cant get into. I struggle to keep watching hoping it'll click because I see and get how good they both are.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Ahhh, first day back to work after four off. So now I work today, and then have knee surgery tomorrow. Not gonna lie, kind of worried about it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I liked Interstellar so much, I printed the ship:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
That's pretty freaking cool.

Interstellar was so much better on a rewatch. It actually made a little sense to me except for the whole theory of relativity thing where time passes more slowly, etc. That turns my tiny rear end lizard brain into a pretzel.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's awesome. Did you make the model yourself?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Reminds me of the ship from the 80s cartoon Ulysses 31 (which nobody ever remembers despite it being dope as hell)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

angryhampster posted:

"And that's a Chicago Sunroof."

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Took today off. I feel like a bitch complaining about my back with some of the issues you guys have, but I spent a good 6 hours yesterday sitting on a bucket hunched over a phone field. I was in crazy pain yesterday and went into my first PT session not knowing what to expect. I instantly felt a lot better but wanted to take it easy today anyways.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

angryhampster posted:

That was a great season. Can't wait for the next.

Every time I hear that Esteem idling it makes me sad for the inevitable episode where it will die.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CharlesM posted:

That's awesome. Did you make the model yourself?

Someone else actually did the model, I just printed it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

angryhampster posted:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That was a great season. Can't wait for the next.
I saw the first two episodes and it didn't really grab me much. Glad to hear the seasons over with so that I can binge and give it another shot.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

God drat is there some crazy poo poo going on around here

So this dude fancies himself a scam artist
http://www.dailydot.com/society/stop-bullying-ceo-fraud-benjamin-byerline/

We walked in the same circles, he dated a friend of mine. He's got a trail of knocked up girls behind him. All around major scumbag. So in the last few weeks Indiana has made headlines over this new law that may or may not allow legal discrimination. A pizza place about an hour northwest of here said they'd refuse to cater gay weddings and they were at first smacked down hard, the bigots and gay haters have now raised almost $900K in support of them. It's loving crazy.

So this Ben clown in another of his scams announces he is opening a pizza joint and that they will refuse service to "the gays." He even posts a link to the story about the place that I mention above. It's pretty clear that he wants to cash in. I also hear through the grapevine that he's stolen $3000 from one person and they're going after him to get it back. So today I'm sitting at work and I get a call asking me if I want to get in on this brute squad they've assembled to go after the dude.
Sounds like a scumbag, but now that he's scamming bigots, it is hard to care.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Turbo Anal Isis

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Turbo Anal Isis

The most :stonk: terrorists

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cage posted:

I saw the first two episodes and it didn't really grab me much. Glad to hear the seasons over with so that I can binge and give it another shot.

It would probably work better that way. It is a bit slow out of the gate but it does pick up nicely. I'm honestly just as glad, maybe even moreso, to see Mike show up as a major character here and get a proper backstory.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Cage posted:

That's what happened to me with Breaking Bad. I watched the first episode and wasn't really engaged; I thought the story was neat but didn't care to keep watching it. Then my wife and I gave it another shot a month or two ago, made it through the first few episodes, and got hooked. We're about halfway through season 5 now.

I think Breaking Bad didn't really start working for me until around episode 6 of the first season... I think because the introduction of Tuco marked the entry of Jesse and Walt into a bigger arena, while before it had felt very small-time with just them and Krazy-8.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

IOwnCalculus posted:

It would probably work better that way. It is a bit slow out of the gate but it does pick up nicely. I'm honestly just as glad, maybe even moreso, to see Mike show up as a major character here and get a proper backstory.

You and me both. Mike was one of my favorites in Breaking Bad, getting to know more about him is the best.

That was an awesome first season. I'm genuinely excited for more now, Bob Odenkirk is a fantastic actor.

Also! Just got my card in the mail, I am now a Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator-In-Training! Come April 29, I'll have all my required hours and be a fully fledged Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator. gently caress yeah!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

T1g4h posted:

Also! Just got my card in the mail, I am now a Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator-In-Training! Come April 29, I'll have all my required hours and be a fully fledged Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator. gently caress yeah!

What does a Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator...do?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Magnus Praeda posted:

What does a Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator...do?

Distribute water.

No, seriously, it's a fancy way of saying i'm now officially and properly licensed to work on and maintain a water system. It just translates into me now earning $10 an hour at my job because I have all the proper certs :v:

vvv Pretty much! I'm the Hank Hill of water systems.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 8, 2015

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
He distributes water and water accessories, that's what :v:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

T1g4h posted:

Distribute water.

No, seriously, it's a fancy way of saying i'm now officially and properly licensed to work on and maintain a water system. It just translates into me now earning $10 an hour at my job because I have all the proper certs :v:

vvv Pretty much! I'm the Hank Hill of water systems.

Do you do fish tanks? I have a dirty fish tank.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Astonishing Wang posted:

Do you do fish tanks? I have a dirty fish tank.

Nah, pretty sure that's a higher grade. Do you have any water lines that need clamping? Cuz I can bolt on wraparound clamps like a motherfucker.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

Which store are you buying vape cartridges from? That was a good price you mentioned earlier

How's your pup doing?

I normally go to the Ocean Greens place since its closest to my house and has a huge selection of vape cartridges. From looking at their site they range from $35 for .5 grams to $80 1 gram. The one I have right now is Hogsbreath which I would recommend.

The dogs doing better, getting more and more obnoxious everyday from being stuck in her kennel, the hair is growing back on her back and she now looks drunk when she walks around. I still have to build a bunch more ramps for her to use to get on/off the couch and other random stuff around the house. Then we have to train her to actually use them. She will use ramps/stairs to get onto things, but then ignores them and jumps off, which is what fucks up her back. I just do not want to deal with having to have this surgery done again.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

1.4 INCH DICK posted:

Guess who's got tickets to see Electric loving Wizard on Monday :getin:

http://youtu.be/fBdkbqgAmto

Uhhh gently caress yes. I think I know what I'll be doing Monday.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

CharlesM posted:

If there are any Chuck fans here, they released the soundtrack today.
http://smile.amazon.com/Chuck-Television-Series-digital-booklet/dp/B00UMT86S2

No idea why it happened now, but I love it..... I'm a nerd.

thanks for this, chucks one of my favorite shows

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Got my second visit with a counselor today. Kind of nervous about it, not sure if I should keep going. Don't know why I'm telling you guys, but I gotta tell someone and I don't really trust anyone else, so what better way than tell a bunch of strangers right? LOGIC! :science:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Work has been like descending through the seven circles of hell this week. First they bitched about me coming in late and choosing to eat lunch at my desk. So now I'm loving sitting here at 12:45 with nothing to do.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm sitting at home, with 100 things I could be doing- but don't want to be. New job officially starts Monday, but after five weeks off, I've ran out of energy or rather caring about house projects.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I get the feeling I am being deliberately dicked around for a laugh either by my broker or mortgage company at this point.

That was the only slight blemish on an otherwise magnificent day out with the family on a bunch of steam trains.

Also bought my parents old telly off them, they upgraded from a working perfectly 32" lcd to a 40" led. I mean it's nice and all but it's quite unlike my parents. My old telly was a 26" lcd that showed pretty artsy garbage when fired up for about 20 minutes, then would abruptly work perfectly until switched off. Only tv in the house, my workmates think we're weird. No console either.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

T1g4h posted:

That was an awesome first season. I'm genuinely excited for more now, Bob Odenkirk is a fantastic actor.

I do love him too, but I will say that it feels like the flashbacks to "Slippin' Jimmy" are a bit awkward because he actually manages to look younger in the series' present-time than he does back then.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

IOwnCalculus posted:

I do love him too, but I will say that it feels like the flashbacks to "Slippin' Jimmy" are a bit awkward because he actually manages to look younger in the series' present-time than he does back then.

I think the flashbacks were the only weak part of the show. The rest was pretty great and I'm looking forward to S2. I like it more than Breaking Bad because the main character is likeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, it is kinda strange. I think it's the hair, for some reason it seems to make him look older.

• Locked thread