Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

In the same situation. It would be a room split between one goon, her cousin, and myself. One is new to Comic Con and asking to have the Hall H/Ballroom B waiting experience for the big panels, so we wouldn't be a bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

fount of knowledge posted:

In the same situation. It would be a room split between one goon, her cousin, and myself. One is new to Comic Con and asking to have the Hall H/Ballroom B waiting experience for the big panels, so we wouldn't be a bother.

It's an experience for the first 15 minutes, and a hard-learned lesson for the remaining 15 hours.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

So, through the kindness of goons (thanks Soarer) I got a hotel, but that means I have another that wasn't accepted. It's the Doubletree San Diego Mission Valley that a friend volunteering at the con transferred to my name once he realized he could crash with someone else and wouldn't need it. Should I just decline and let it go to wherever these things go, or is there a way to share good fortune?

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
How much did you get the doubletree for? We had a buddy miss the early bird mission valley sale so it was 500 a night and he ended up finding a shared room with a bunch of strangers instead.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Shawn posted:

How much did you get the doubletree for? We had a buddy miss the early bird mission valley sale so it was 500 a night and he ended up finding a shared room with a bunch of strangers instead.

The e-mail says $203 per night.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Anybody here an exhibitor looking for help? I'm usually a motorcycle mechanic but I can hawk T-shirts or help set up anything. I'm a hard worker! I've been to Comic-Con for the last five years, but it was my and my ex's "thing" and we broke up a bit ago so I was just "wahhh I don't want to go ever again" and let everything go. Now I'm feeling better and want to go and all opportunities have passed. I did sign up to volunteer but wasn't selected, boo. I really just want a Friday badge so I can hit up the Adult Swim panels, as is my tradition.

If anyone has any helpful ideas for being able to get in Friday I am all ears. Also looking for a room. I'll be in the area probably Wed night-Sun afternoon.

e: People to party with would be great too, as this is my first year going alone. I like to drink, other people smoking is fine but not for me.

bobula fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 1, 2015

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Went to Wondercon today. Surprised with how small it is.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dr Tran posted:

Went to Wondercon today. Surprised with how small it is.
Wondercon is delightfully tiny. Its A-List events are rather odd (they premiered the Lego Batman movie a few years ago, they're doing some Teen Titans GO stuff tomorrow), but the focus on comics programming in the conference rooms is sweet. Really shows why happens when the Pop Culture and Hollywood is taken out of CC.

Its ComicCon's less hyper, stoner cousin that works part-time at a comic shop, basically.

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

I really enjoy Wondercon. I know norCal wants it back, especially now that we have Comikaze (which I have yet to make) but it's a really nice cozy con in comparison to SDCC. Breathing room, moving room, being able to hang out with my buddies at their booths without being stepped on, Richard Hatch wanting $40 for an autograph and a picture, it's chill.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Never been to WonderCon. I'll try for it next year.

I've been to ComiKaze twice, it's fun too.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Felt about the same as Comikaze, size and capacity wise.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
So how does the hotel resale on the 8th work? I've got a hotel but I'd like to try for something a bit closer in.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Yeah I don't have jack or poo poo but I was wondering if the waterfront hotels were still on the table? Hell even the omni

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Wondercon 2016 coming to LA

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Dr Tran posted:

Wondercon 2016 coming to LA

This is a one year contract and has everything to do with the fact Anaheim is remodeling the convention center over the next year.

Obviously this can change as I believe Anaheim was a one year contract that extended as well.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
This should be interesting. Maybe the "SDCC should move to LA" crowd will go to Wondercon, see how boring the LA Convention Center is and how nasty the surrounding area can be, and realize that San Diego's pretty nice after all.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
That's gonna be real nice just taking the Metro downtown. I approve this change

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it is less time for me to drive and I don't have to figure out how cheat Disney parking. I too approve

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Axel Serenity posted:

That's gonna be real nice just taking the Metro downtown. I approve this change

Indeed

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Never been to WonderCon. I'll try for it next year.

I've been to ComiKaze twice, it's fun too.

Comikaze is great since it falls so close to Halloween, there were tons of people who showed up in costumes this year which was pretty cool.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Ugh, Anaheim Convention Center is like two miles from my house and my Disney pass includes parking, this got way less convenient for me.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sefer posted:

Ugh, Anaheim Convention Center is like two miles from my house and my Disney pass includes parking, this got way less convenient for me.
I'd skip next year then. LAConCen is in a sea of crap, aside from the eateries at LA Live, the Regal Cinema and the Hooters, there's not much in the immediate area.

Cross your fingers that it returns in a year.

Though, I could see a move from ACC being beneficial given the uptick in attendance. Never seen security close off the front of the god damned convention center to foot traffic. That made just sightseeing folks a chore.

So what's the news on Wednesday's hotel thing?? We gonna be fighting for scraps??

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hijinks Ensue posted:

This should be interesting. Maybe the "SDCC should move to LA" crowd will go to Wondercon, see how boring the LA Convention Center is and how nasty the surrounding area can be, and realize that San Diego's pretty nice after all.

Yeah, this is going to suck but I want to see how bad it is.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I guess I won't go to Wondercon anymore.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
IS there a hotel resale tomorrow? I haven't heard a thing, and I'm afraid to touch anything with my existing ressie for fear of messing it up and being left high and dry.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Yes, hotels will go back on sale tomorrow.

However, waitlisted people are getting email confirmations right now for hotel, so I doubt anything good will be available for tomorrow.

edit: have some parking info
http://www.aceparking.com/comic-con/

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 7, 2015

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
If you try to get anything in the resale, do you have to give up what you already have? (Sorry for the stupid questions, it's my first time when I haven't had a hotel in downtown.)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hijinks Ensue posted:

If you try to get anything in the resale, do you have to give up what you already have? (Sorry for the stupid questions, it's my first time when I haven't had a hotel in downtown.)

I believe this is the first time they've ever done a resale. Usually it's just a "go to the website everyday and check" thing if i remember right.

To be safe, I'm sure you could use a different email address and be fine.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So how does the resale work and what time to I have to be up to :f5: the poo poo out of the page?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
It starts at 9 a.m. PT.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Is Sunday only worth going? Have a wedding that just popped up trying to figure it out, never been on a Sunday.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

xxEightxx posted:

Is Sunday only worth going? Have a wedding that just popped up trying to figure it out, never been on a Sunday.

Sunday's growing into a real day. If you want exclusives, you'll probably be out of luck but you can get some great deals on the floor from people not wanting to ship poo poo back.

Also the programming's starting to get a little better. You won't have major studios but some fan favourites are usually on Sundays (I know Supernatural, I believe It's Always Sunny too).

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

RevKrule posted:

Sunday's growing into a real day. If you want exclusives, you'll probably be out of luck but you can get some great deals on the floor from people not wanting to ship poo poo back.

Also the programming's starting to get a little better. You won't have major studios but some fan favourites are usually on Sundays (I know Supernatural, I believe It's Always Sunny too).

Thanks, debating staying in San Diego Sunday night and making a day of it, but if it's just everyone breaking things down I might not.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Anyone got a feel for what shows/films are going this year?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

Anyone got a feel for what shows/films are going this year?

Expect the general mainstays of SDCC/TV (Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Supernatural, Adult Swim and Cartoon Network shows). From movies, you can probably expect a push from Fox on Deadpool and Fantastic Four as well as Warner showing up with their DC slate in hopefully a better showing than last year (Hey, let's bring the main cast members on stage for like 2 minutes just so we can take a selfie!)

Don't expect Marvel. They've already been confirmed out this year. Also, probably best not to expect some big SDCC showing for the final season of Downton Abbey. That's just not in the cards.

Also, expect utterly bewildering showings of movies and shows that really don't belong at SDCC. Last year Let's Be Cops got a lot of play and for some god awful reason, CBS seems to show up a lot even though their main audience for 90% of their shows is halfway in the grave. But never underestimate the general public's obsessive need to be 100 yards from celebrities.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's 9:01am PST on April 8th and the website isn't updating arggghhh :aaaaa: :f5: :aaa: :f5h:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I'm refreshing the page and there still isn't a link for the hotel reservation form. Kinda at a loss, also have to leave for work pretty soon so this sucks.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Server timed out.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah Im not seeing poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

Yeah Im not seeing poo poo

Img=RayCharlesICantSeeShit.jpg

ComicCon is screwing us again! The only tradition you can count on. I fully expect a wave of Twitteratti saying they booked penthouse suites in 5 minutes, followed by CCI saying "Yeah the page was up for 10 femtoseconds, SEE YOU AT CON! #someshitaboutrecorddemand"

• Locked thread