Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Black Baby Goku got probied again for upsetting this person with his jokes on a comedy forum :

If you're offended by this then just report and move on. What weirdo decides to get all uppity over this stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Golden Goat posted:

If you're offended by this then just report and move on. What weirdo decides to get all uppity over this stuff?

Fixed.

Start probating people who feed trolls rather than the trolls themselves, because the people who fall for it and write walls of text are a lot more disruptive than the easy to scroll past trolling.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

gently caress it just probate both.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Excels posted:

any place that gets on their high horse over the term "human being" is a place you shouldn't bother posting

I kind of think that the forums should have outgrown using that word a long time ago. :shrug:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
if your goal is to wind retards up reporting people for tenuous violations of civility is as good of a way to do it and requires no greater levels of effort or care than complaining about how the forums are overrun by humorless transsexuals or whatever

better, sometimes; as far as I know the latter have never made offsite conservative discussion forums for the sole purpose of e-stalking goons

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i just post badly

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

i just post badly

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Eonwe posted:

i just post

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We all love to post.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
:justpost:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Posting is... good?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

precision posted:

Posting is... good?

:eyepop:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The only thing I report people for is the N word because I mean, come on. Generally I think the bigot words are not particularly funny or necessary, though, and I think things are better when people get probated for using them. I guess that makes me a Carehard or something. if it ever gets insufferable I just post elsewhere, which is why I mostly don't post in GBS anymore.

the screeds about SJW PC censorship gone mad are legit psychotic in a "one or more of these people may actually do a murder" way, though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i wonder how many actual murderers have posted on SA

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

we're all murderers here. corpses and corpses of goombas lie in our wake....

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Excels posted:

i routinely murder centipedes when they invade my house in the spring because i hate them a whole lot and they are rude to come in without asking. there, i said it. arrest me, officer.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i have murdered mice with traps almost every september, because whenever new neighbors move in, our apartment building gets mice. it's usually only one. i apologize to the mouse community and will be meeting with spokesmice to deliver a press release.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Excels posted:

there is an animator for 343i that posts here

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bicyclops posted:

For example, I posted this on my other account.

Same

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Excels posted:

Every time i posted about Murdering someone? True

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Excels posted:

There was that guy who posted asking about guns to stop people from stealing his Halloween pumpkins and then a few days later he killed two people and then shot himself.

EDIT: This guy http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1606

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Excels posted:

how many GiP regulars are there?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I would bet that some of those 4chan murderers had accounts here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

corn in the bible posted:

how many GiP regulars are there?

:eyepop:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I'm not the PC police or anything but I don't like when people use slurs. :shrug: I think it should be bannable like it used to be.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
paige is my posting spirit animal

its pale, misunderstood + sexy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It is possible to both post jokes and give a poo poo about things, which confuses a lot of people.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont think people should use slurs or doxx/talk about personal stuff

other than that i think things are fair game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Also, it is possible to discuss things, genuinely, with your real opinions and even like some stuff, like particular video games or TV shows, while also sometimes posting jokes.
just posting "Thing sucks!" is not in and of itself a joke.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

here is a deep personal secret about me, maybe TMI for some people:

I like video games, many of them are fun to play, even some popular ones.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

here is a deep personal secret about me, maybe TMI for some people:

I like video games, many of them are fun to play, even some popular ones.

i have seen people make this "joke" so many times that my brain automatically converts it into a puff of white noise

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
and its possible to care about something and joke about that exact same thing. this is actually what a lot of comedians do

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

It is possible to both post jokes and give a poo poo about things, which confuses a lot of people.

:agreed:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
like chris rock hating niggers but being black

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I like video games, mostly ones with anime in them. BlazBlue and Guilty Gear are my favorite fighting video games, and they contain anime so I think that's why. I can also enjoy video games that do not have anime inside them, though, like Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe, or God Hand.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

there are some things I don't like and i will criticize the things that I like, but I enjoy talking about the things I like more, like Hyrule Warriors, Smash Brothers, DK64, and critically panned old game, Uru.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Excels posted:

i have seen people make this "joke" so many times that my brain automatically converts it into a puff of white noise

uhmmm its not a joke, he said it's a personal secret ok, he's being earnest.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

I can also enjoy video games that do not have anime inside them, though, like Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe, or God Hand.

Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe both have animes tho

Anime is great

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
More people should like Donkey Kong 64.

I am lying about that, but I do think Donkey Kong 64 is fun and that part is not a lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i have found at least something to enjoy in every video game i have played except one which just frustrated me to no end.

also really enjoying the resident evil remaster but the lack of bad one liners and Zumbe not being written on the side of boxes is sorely missed

• Locked thread