Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There's nothing on this entire planet of Earth that could compel me to wear another team's colors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

You omitted that the OL's name was "Rod Johnson".

:golfclap:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Fluffdaddy posted:

Saban channeling the Junction Boys I guess.
To beat Aggie...one must become Aggie.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sash! posted:

There's nothing on this entire planet of Earth that could compel me to wear another team's colors

Anyone my team plays regularly, I'd agree.

(Except Miss St, of course :v:)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Deteriorata posted:

I dated a girl who went to Michigan State. We went to a bunch of games at Spartan Stadium. We got season tickets to the MSU hockey games at Munn. Then I married her.

Hey, it's not like she's an Ohio State fan.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

In Gator news, we lost an OL for the spring.

Also Grier leads http://fanbuzz.com/story/jim-mcelwain-names-a-leader-at-the-quarterback-position/

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

Gospel!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

That could change easily. Treon was away for a death (murder) in the family.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hope Jordan Scarlett never gets kicked off the team or anything or he will end up regretting this tattoo:

http://www.onlygators.com/04/08/2015/look-florida-rb-signee-jordan-scarlett-got-one-of-the-best-gators-tattoos-you-will-ever-see/

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hey look it's Stephen Garcia at Florida

lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
e: eh you know what nevermind

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 8, 2015

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Pakled posted:

GT's B-Back situation got worse.

Quaide Weimerskirch, our early enrollee who was expected to get some significant playing time next year, injured his foot and is out for the rest of the Spring and questionable for the season. After some shuffling around, our depth at B-Back is now C.J. Leggett, a converted LB, and two walk-ons.

There are rumors that we're getting a transfer B-Back, though. No names yet, though speculation is that former Kentucky RB Josh Clemons fits the bill. He supposedly is looking to transfer somewhere close to his family in Fayetteville, GA and he looks like he's got the skills we need, just an unlucky streak with injuries. If he is indeed transferring here, and can learn the system and not get hurt, then I think he'd be a good addition. I'd certainly feel more comfortable with him than with what we've currently got. Anyone know more about Clemons?

I hope Clemons ends up at GT and plays well. He struggled with injury at UK but looked like a very productive back as a freshman in 2011. He's a good fit for B in a triple option because he has decent vision and runs with good ball security but just isn't the electric runner he was prior to injury. He's had a meniscus tear that caused him to miss 1.5 seasons and a torn Achilles tendon that cost him 2013. He was way down the depth chart at UK last season because of the talent in front of him (Boom Williams, Braylon Heard, Mikel Horton and Jojo Kemp) but he also only practiced sparingly in the spring and fall due to his injury history.

He lost his mother in January of this year and is a May graduate from UK.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Sash! posted:

Your wardrobe must be pretty bland.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
I enjoy wearing the colors of teams that do well for me in betting. I've got a nice UC-Irvine tshirt coming my way after they covered their way into my heart. It's a nice way to get some interesting shirts.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dattserberg posted:

I enjoy wearing the colors of teams that do well for me in betting. I've got a nice UC-Irvine tshirt coming my way after they covered their way into my heart. It's a nice way to get some interesting shirts.

I have like three anteaters shirts because anteaters.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I own a whole bunch of weird stuff just from doing swaps with friends (sadly most of them are now waaaay too big :().

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I have a bunch of random team stuff that my parents would pick up on business trips. As a child I had a Florida Gators hoodie that I would wear a lot. Now I have an Arizona one. I also have a Southern Miss throw pillow and somewhere at my parents' house a Colorado State shirt. And when I was in like kindergarten my dad bought me Brett Favre and Warrick Dunn jerseys (which is surprising considering they were division rivals) and these little not-quite-bobblehead figures of Steve McNair, Dikembe Mutombo, Steve Smith (of the Hawks), Zigmund Palffy, Thierry Fleury and probably a football player I'm missing. Those are still in my old room.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Regnevelc posted:

Your wardrobe must be pretty bland.

There's don't look good in red, orange, and green anyhow

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The only bad color is orange, luckily there are no worthwhile teams that use orange anyway

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The only bad color is orange, luckily there are no worthwhile teams that use orange anyway

:mad:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Thems fightin' words 'round these parts, Dogg

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
To be fair most of that is rooted in my hatred of the Birmingham Brother Rice Warriors, a rivalry that will never die.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Orange is the best color.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

To be fair most of that is rooted in my hatred of the Birmingham Brother Rice Warriors, a rivalry that will never die.

Detroit Catholic Central, I'm guessing? :catholic:

The Notorious ZSB posted:

:hfive:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Orange is a bad primary color, a good secondary color.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Frinkahedron posted:

Orange is a bad primary color, a good secondary color.

Depends on the shade. In our color scheme it absolutely needs to be the secondary color, but mostly because anytime we wear it as our prime uni color we lose embarrassingly.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

DJExile posted:

Detroit Catholic Central, I'm guessing? :catholic:

You beat me to the punch.

Additionally, screw the PW Pirates.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Depends on the shade. In our color scheme it absolutely needs to be the secondary color, but mostly because anytime we wear it as our prime uni color we lose embarrassingly.

I think it works for our hoops and baseball unis, but yeah orange as the primary for our football unis looks bad and has baggage winning wise.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So what you're saying is I need to assemble a wardrobe of neon orange and crimson red?

Actually, who has the most garish orange? Syracuse? Auburn? Illinois probably doesn't.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

So what you're saying is I need to assemble a wardrobe of neon orange and crimson red?

Actually, who has the most garish orange? Syracuse? Auburn? Illinois probably doesn't.

Auburn's orange is the secondary color and it's not garish at all. The worst is "any primarily orange team playing on ESPN in primetime" because their HD cameras bring it out to an extreme degree.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Jamal Dean an early enrollee at Ohio State this year was not medically cleared to play and has left the team and will try to get medically cleared somewhere else. It all steams from a knee injury he suffered two years ago and reinjured at an all star game after last year.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Clemson is orange and purple and it really doesn't get worse than that.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Orange and Purple rule. How boring are your lives that you want standard boring rear end colors for jerseys. Give me Yellow and Purple with a hint of orange and put a loving siren on each shoulder.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Henchman of Santa posted:

Auburn's orange is the secondary color and it's not garish at all. The worst is "any primarily orange team playing on ESPN in primetime" because their HD cameras bring it out to an extreme degree.

Counterpoint: everything about Auburn is hideous and their colors fill me with disgust

(Clemson does look even worse though)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Purple is a good color. Go all purple teams.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Sup guys heard we were talkin about orange and purple

(Good)

(Good)

(Good)

(Really Good)

(Really Good)

(Alright?)

(Wait. Stop)

(No.)

(Oh God No)

Scarf fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 8, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

purple and orange together is a good thing

if you're going to clown college hahahahahaha!

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Ehud posted:

purple and orange together is a good thing

if you're going to clown college hahahahahaha!

oh poo poo

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Bonus shot of the throwbacks we wore for 2 games in '95 and '96

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Scarf posted:

(Oh God No)