Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

hahaha wtf is this

also i'm the sidebar that's just an image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Testiclops posted:

hahaha wtf is this

were the traffic lights all red that time? did that make you two minutes late for work? did nobody actually notice, but then a week later your stapler was missing?

well that's because you are being gang stalked! it must be true because the guy in front of you at the supermarket coughed, and when you went outside there were three red cars parked next to yours.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Testiclops posted:

hahaha wtf is this

excuse me, paranoid schizophrenia is no laughing matter

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

KERNOD WEL
Oct 10, 2012

gangstalking is the saddest conspiracy theory.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

KERNOD WEL posted:

gangstalking is the saddest conspiracy theory.

that's because it's a symptom of mental illness

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

http://bitstrips.com/user/0QNP/?subsection=1&page=6

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

and here's the explanation

paper boy tossing the paper at a door in his unit from the side walk. i hear the same thing every night against my neighbours door. didn't realize what it was at first. glad i didn't have paranoid schizophrenia at the time.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The album is known in some countries as I'll Be There (アイル・ビー・ゼア?).

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:cry: In Japan, a junior idol (ジュニアアイドル junia aidoru?), alternatively chidol (チャイドル chaidoru?) or low teen idol (ローティーンアイドル rōtīn aidoru?), is primarily defined as a child or early teenager pursuing a career as a photographic model. Generally, this means gravure, or "cheesecake", fully clothed shots; but, junior idols can, and some do, eventually enter the AV industry. :cry:

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
for a while there were people posting bitstrips of themselves or whatever of fb and all i could think of was poor mr gangstalking

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

doomed to failure, people only turn to homeopathy because they have no money

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Panty Saluter posted:

doomed to failure, people only turn to homeopathy because they have no money

yeah i remember when stebe went with the fruit diet because he couldn't afford chemo

magic water is ridiculously expensive, that's part of the scam

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
homeopathic medicines aren't just tap water passed off as homeopathic medicines though, they're usually made as they should be

the end result is still a joke but generally it's not a "scam", as in, the people selling it and making it believe in it, and spend money making it properly

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

echinopsis posted:

homeopathic medicines aren't just tap water passed off as homeopathic medicines though, they're usually made as they should be

the end result is still a joke but generally it's not a "scam", as in, the people selling it and making it believe in it, and spend money making it properly

lol succussion

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

duTrieux. posted:

lol succussion

homeopathy promotors should be succussed repeatedly

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
would it even be legal to sell the homeopathic remedies if it was actually concocted from poisons - like isnt that the point that they "mystically gently caress up poisons that cause our pain and make it your friend" or whatever?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sniep posted:

would it even be legal to sell the homeopathic remedies if it was actually concocted from poisons - like isnt that the point that they "mystically gently caress up poisons that cause our pain and make it your friend" or whatever?

because the level of poison is undetectable and within safe limits and orrin hatch and his son have made sure the fda has no regulatory teeth wrt supplements

there is no way most homeopathic remedies are made "properly" as it is scientifically impossible to tell a proper prep from an improper one

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sniep posted:

zicam burned out people's ability to smell because their supposed homeopathic preparation actually had so much of the "active" substance that it would overdose you with frequent use.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
homeopathic medicine rules, it is the perfect cure for those who believe in it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

theflyingexecutive posted:

there is no way most homeopathic remedies are made "properly" as it is scientifically impossible to tell a proper prep from an improper one

do supplements of like gingko bilboa count as "homeopathic"? if so how is it impossible to test if there is or isn't the proper number of bilbos

(first one was an unintentional typo; decided to just run with it)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

while I'm sure it exists, I doubt many products sold as homeopathetic are just totally bogus scams. You can't tell from the end result but everyone I've met in the homeopathic industry believes it works and because of the process involved. I have every reason to believe they try to make it properly

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

I doubt many products sold as homeopathetic are just totally bogus scams.

that said, all are totally bogus scams

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lutha Mahtin posted:

do supplements of like gingko bilboa count as "homeopathic"? if so how is it impossible to test if there is or isn't the proper number of bilbos

not all quackery is homeopathy. homeopathy is the one where you take whatever thing you want the medicine to act against and dilute it in water again and again until there are literally single digit numbers of molecules remaining

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

haveblue posted:

not all quackery is homeopathy. homeopathy is the one where you take whatever thing you want the medicine to act against and dilute it in water again and again until there are literally single digit numbers of molecules remaining

oh so like allergy shots? except lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

no natural and naturopathic meds are a different thing. not inherently bankrupt, although the fda or whomever has totally ruined everything good they've gotten by making it illegal and turning them into regulated pharmacueticals

legit wanna know what a natropath thinks about opium and magic mushrooms. i mean those are probably the two most worthwhile medicines on the entire planet and one is hyper illegal while the other regulated to hell. certainly kills their buzz when you take all the good things away from them

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

haveblue posted:

those are higher homeopathic concentrations tho, the lower ones are equivalent to dissolving one molecule in 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 universes

this is 100% not an exaggeration

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

supplements count as "don't need testin" because orrin hatch, senator from utah and major investor in "supplements" companies, got a law passed int he 90s that said as long as you sell things as supplements you don't have to put up with any testing until basically a lot of people got very sick or died from the product.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

haveblue posted:

no, most homeopathic dilutions go so far that on average you'd have a fraction of an atom left if dilutions could work at that level. as such they are chemically indistinguishable from water (or sugar if its in pill form, or in some cases alcohol, lots of preparations are in alcohol).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

echinopsis posted:

no natural and naturopathic meds are a different thing. not inherently bankrupt, although the fda or whomever has totally ruined everything good they've gotten by making it illegal and turning them into regulated pharmacueticals

legit wanna know what a natropath thinks about opium and magic mushrooms. i mean those are probably the two most worthwhile medicines on the entire planet and one is hyper illegal while the other regulated to hell. certainly kills their buzz when you take all the good things away from them

there was that "naturopathic doctor" in quebec that killed someone by giving them a bateria-contaminated ic (both the needle and the fluid were contaminated)

she was denied bail because one of the conditions was that she stop practicing "medicine" during the court case

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Improbable Lobster posted:

there was that "naturopathic doctor" in quebec that killed someone by giving them a bateria-contaminated ic (both the needle and the fluid were contaminated)

she was denied bail because one of the conditions was that she stop practicing "medicine" during the court case

tons of acupuncture places don't bother to clean their needles properly so they just jam needles coated with people's bodily fluids into other people's bodies all day long

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

naturopathic medicines are "sometimes" fine and contain whatever plant. and plants have chemicals in them, so the naturopathic medicines should do something, but i recall they did testing, and most of them just had grass powder or somesuch in the pills.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

those are higher homeopathic concentrations tho, the lower ones are equivalent to dissolving one molecule in 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 universes

this is 100% not an exaggeration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwaGnj8kPU

james randi has a pretty good explanation of why homeopathy is complete nonsense

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Nintendo Kid posted:

tons of acupuncture places don't bother to clean their needles properly so they just jam needles coated with people's bodily fluids into other people's bodies all day long

was it acupuncture that does have a measurable effect but is just as effective when the needles are jammed in at random by someone with no training

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

break dancing according to wikipedia, exhibits a and b

Two Worlds can be found in the background, silently wondering how this will fit into The Arielverse

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

there's a good series of pics to show people who try to freak you out over "toxins" or "chemicals"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

was it acupuncture that does have a measurable effect but is just as effective when the needles are jammed in at random by someone with no training

they do use it to treat addicts in oregon

and yes, the state will foot the bill

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

it's a bit more than that:
any form of poking at people seems to help a little with pain, and if people believe in the particular form will help them report other symptoms as bothering them less. this happens whether you legit puncture the skin according to ancient chinese guidelines, or if you just poke anywhere, or if you only prod the skin with a blunted thing, never breaking it, or if you just poke people with your fingers (in medical gloves of course for safety and cleanliness) straight up.

so basically there's no reason ever to do actual acupuncture, because you have a non-zero chance of rupturing somethin important or someone forgetting to clean the needle and jammin' some bacteria all up in your flesh.

basically the safest and equally effective thing to do is a straight up massage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

yeah acupuncture works because you believe it works. so once you understand HOW it works, then it doesn't work for you anymore! haha owned