Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mmkay posted:

Excitement! Suspense! High speed chase! Horrible shitlords! T95 gameplay!

That Tiger II certainly took his sweet time going around the long way.

What mods are you using there? I think I like literally everything better than the versions I have ><

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008
How do I finish the lorraine on track and not want to kill myself? This is the most miserable t9 i've ever had the misfortune of driving. I thought I knew true hatred with the 28proto but holy loving poo poo

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

This is Lighttanks.jpeg for me:

enkalen
May 26, 2013

one on a bun posted:

How do I finish the lorraine on track and not want to kill myself? This is the most miserable t9 i've ever had the misfortune of driving. I thought I knew true hatred with the 28proto but holy loving poo poo

I'm only up to the AMX 40 on the french line for the Batchat on track. They have been pretty bad so far. I am hoping the ELC makes this more fun.

enkalen fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 8, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
First, this was from a while ago. I opened up with my current line - "Anyone with a winrate below 50% has proven themselves irresponsible. They should never be allowed to be top tier - it's too much responsibility."

I will pretend he was trying to cross 'irresponsible' with 'disposable' which is definitely true for most pubbies.

Now the meat - I might have someone special.

And now we wait for him to bite again.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 8, 2015

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Steelion posted:

Unlocked the STA, gonna miss the Chi-Ri. It was a blast to play, in spite of the 48% winrate :smith:

I have a 45% on my CDC and T-54 and yet I love the poo poo out of them. Sorry, teams.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Missing Name posted:

Does anyone here speak br? I'm at a loss as to how this whole thing started :saddowns:

we lost 14-1

it was worth it

Chi-ha with clantag suggests grouping up and advancing together, you unleash the cursed numbers of the devil that should never be mentioned to us Brazilians, Chi-ha without clantag immediately says "on your rear end human being", "go gently caress yourself" and "you poo poo", Chi-ha with clantag comically mistakes his buddy's insults as being directed to him instead of you because he thought the suggestion of proceeding together as a team was gay, then you get TK'd.

It was basically all your fault and the interpretation is mostly unnecessary. It was over when you said 7-1.

Edit: Oh, I thought the implication is that you died, but no, he merely scratched your paint. Nevermind!

OSad fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 8, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

OSad posted:

Chi-ha with clantag suggests grouping up and advancing together, you unleash the cursed numbers of the devil that should never be mentioned to us Brazilians, Chi-ha without clantag immediately says "on your rear end human being", "go gently caress yourself" and "you poo poo", Chi-ha with clantag comically mistakes his buddy's insults as being directed to him instead of you because he thought the suggestion of proceeding together as a team was gay, then you get TK'd.

It was basically all your fault and the interpretation is mostly unnecessary. It was over when you said 7-1.

In other words, I made him mad at me and then I TK'd him :getin:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Azhais posted:

That Tiger II certainly took his sweet time going around the long way.

What mods are you using there? I think I like literally everything better than the versions I have ><

Here's my config file. I also usually go with Gnomefather's sound mods but they caused the game to crash on startup after the last micropatch.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

one on a bun posted:

Lorraine is good though. Play it like a 50 100 that goes fast and has usable gun depression, because that's basically what it is.

e: All of its bad reputation comes from before like a year and a half ago when its depression got buffed. You have a good gun (232 AP pen and whatever the gently caress for APCR is good for a t9 medium, though you won't be penning E-100 turrets).

I guess the most concrete piece of advice I can give is don't fire all your shots at once unless you know it's safe. Better to trade 600 damage for 0 than 900 for 400, when you're given a choice.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 8, 2015

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I read the BULBA/PBKAC wardec thread on the official forum, and it was pretty interesting. It explained a lot of what we were discussing earlier with regards to CW activity. The thing that was really curious was how BULBA basically said "gently caress you" to the top power bloc on the server. I mean I know they're good (despite more than a few obvious rerolls) but pissing off most of the other clans that matter is hardly good diplo. Do they not give a gently caress because they primarily plan to do tournaments and not participate in CW at all?

Hellsau posted:

First, this was from a while ago. I opened up with my current line - "Anyone with a winrate below 50% has proven themselves irresponsible. They should never be allowed to be top tier - it's too much responsibility."

I will pretend he was trying to cross 'irresponsible' with 'disposable' which is definitely true for most pubbies.

:neckbeard:

I'm so excited that Leonard "J." Crabs is finally making an appearance in WoT!

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 8, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Desuwa posted:

Lorraine is good though. Play it like a 50 100 that goes fast and has usable gun depression, because that's basically what it is.

e: All of its bad reputation comes from before like a year and a half ago when its depression got buffed.

No it's still pretty bad, it's just not bad as measured on a galactic scale like it was before the elevation buff. The gun elevation did nothing to change the enormous slab sided size of the completely unarmoured vehicle, or the atrocious gun handling that makes on the move shooting at anything beyond point blank a total waste of shells.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I can't believe people are doing these missions. Winning a single game is frustrating and exasperating enough, let alone meeting a very specific set of conditions that require as much input from the 29 other people in the game as they do from you. I think I would literally rather neck myself.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Patch just hit, anyone got notes? Website is down so I can't check there.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Rutkowski posted:

Patch just hit, anyone got notes? Website is down so I can't check there.

Looks like it was just a micropatch. https://eu.wargaming.net/support/News/NewsItem/View/228/world-of-tanks---micro-patch-08042015

9.7 should hit the EU servers sometime next week.

As for the content, I have no clue.

adamantium|wang posted:

I can't believe people are doing these missions. Winning a single game is frustrating and exasperating enough, let alone meeting a very specific set of conditions that require as much input from the 29 other people in the game as they do from you. I think I would literally rather neck myself.

Get a bunch of goon platoonmates that are willing to help you out (and vice versa), it's how I've handled most of the more frustrating ones. You are in a goon clan right?

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Apr 8, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

So I think the best way to grind credits in this game is to do tier 6 stronghold skirmishes with the Type 64 and a 50% credit boost (from the stronghold financial center building). Every game is at least 40k even if you do no damage, and a high damage game is 90k+. If your team is good enough to role the lovely teams you see 90% of the time, you can finish a battle every 3 minutes.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
guys. should i cure my amazing social life and start playing tanks again?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
no

JustNorse
Feb 10, 2011

Atal Vataman posted:

guys. should i cure my amazing social life and start playing tanks again?

Yes. Those of us without a social life prefer dragging you down with us. Besides, I need a fellow Norwegian to platoon with and to berate me for being obese, basement dwelling, sober, pubbylevel bad and generally scum.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Atomizer posted:

I read the BULBA/PBKAC wardec thread on the official forum, and it was pretty interesting. It explained a lot of what we were discussing earlier with regards to CW activity. The thing that was really curious was how BULBA basically said "gently caress you" to the top power bloc on the server. I mean I know they're good (despite more than a few obvious rerolls) but pissing off most of the other clans that matter is hardly good diplo. Do they not give a gently caress because they primarily plan to do tournaments and not participate in CW at all?

BULBA declared war on us (otter)?

If so, I can't say I am surprised...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hellsau posted:

If you are willing to poo poo in a bag and send it to the address he gave you, I will pay the postal feces fees.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 8, 2015

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Atomizer posted:

BULBA is part of what is arguably the top power bloc, together with CHAI, CHAII, HOHO, YO_OY and PINGU

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Jack_tripper posted:

BULBA is part of what is arguably the top power bloc, together with CHAI, CHAII, HOHO, YO_OY and PINGU
That's not a very good bloc.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Uranium 235 posted:

That's not a very good bloc.

Honestly, I am so far gone from CW I am not even sure who is a top tier clan anymore. But BULBA is defiantly up there. They picked up some good callers, and if OTTER is any indication good callers are #1 for winning battles.

SDP was filled with BR and poo poo players (and me at one point) but Chair still got us to win battles against RS (who was a Top 5 clan at the time).

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Honestly, I am so far gone from CW I am not even sure who is a top tier clan anymore. But BULBA is defiantly up there. They picked up some good callers, and if OTTER is any indication good callers are #1 for winning battles.

SDP was filled with BR and poo poo players (and me at one point) but Chair still got us to win battles against RS (who was a Top 5 clan at the time).
BULBA legitimately seems good. CHAI has good players but I haven't been active in CW long enough to know much about how they perform in battles. I've only played PINGU in stronghold skirmishes and they were not impressive, but that's not necessarily a great indicator of the clan's quality, because it's not unusual for a caller to decide to gently caress around one battle and end up getting wiped. PINGU appears to have good players, but they're so new that I don't think they've proven themselves yet. The other clans listed are not very good.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Wargaming is no longer accepting support tickets for in-game rules violations...you know, because of the "consistent increase in player base."

https://na.wargaming.net/support/News/NewsItem/View/369/in-game-reporting-system

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Driving my T-34-2 with 122mm right now is pretty funny. So many AMX's driving around I just load HE as my first round and slap a scout for 500+ damage almost everyone round right away.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Driving my T-34-2 with 122mm right now is pretty funny. So many AMX's driving around I just load HE as my first round and slap a scout for 500+ damage almost everyone round right away.

If you see a CDC that is by itself/not behind a meat wall of teammates, the player is doing it wrong and deserves the HE gift to the garage.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Wargaming is no longer accepting support tickets for in-game rules violations...you know, because of the "consistent increase in player base."

https://na.wargaming.net/support/News/NewsItem/View/369/in-game-reporting-system

Welp, I guess we get free reign now?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Missing Name posted:

Welp, I guess we get free reign now?

No, I'm sure WGA will now pay a lot of attention to ingame reports and will punish people for violhahahaha just kidding I guess the only goon who is going to be chat banned now will be Shanky.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Ushering in a new era of telling pubbies to eat various quantities and qualities of dicks.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

No, I'm sure WGA will now pay a lot of attention to ingame reports and will punish people for violhahahaha just kidding I guess the only goon who is going to be chat banned now will be Shanky.

Was he ever un-banned?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Mesadoram posted:

Was he ever un-banned?

Put in a ticket and find out...Oh wait.

Not that fear of being reported has ever stopped me, but I might just have to up my game now.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

If you see a CDC that is by itself/not behind a meat wall of teammates, the player is doing it wrong and deserves the HE gift to the garage.

Apparently HE rounds explode on trees :(

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Is there any basic guide to SPG positioning? While I can usually find my way around the more open maps urban maps, especially Kharov and Himmelsdorf, are difficult for me to wrap my mind around. I can never really find a position that covers a decent portion of the major firelines without actually being in them.

EDIT: Dear god I'm falling in love with the ELC AMX so hard. It's a little RC car made of homicide. I've killed heavy tanks in the drat thing with the fully upgraded gun.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 8, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Apparently HE rounds explode on trees :(

HE will explode on anything it touches. Can't do fancy shots through stuff.

WayAbvPar posted:

Put in a ticket and find out...Oh wait.

Not that fear of being reported has ever stopped me, but I might just have to up my game now.

Two times the insults, two times the tears, two times the fun.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Is there any basic guide to SPG positioning? While I can usually find my way around the more open maps urban maps, especially Kharov and Himmelsdorf, are difficult for me to wrap my mind around. I can never really find a position that covers a decent portion of the major firelines without actually being in them.

EDIT: Dear god I'm falling in love with the ELC AMX so hard. It's a little RC car made of homicide. I've killed heavy tanks in the drat thing with the fully upgraded gun.

Himmelsdorf arty goes to the trainyards, but if you notice your team has gone somewhere else you're obviously poo poo out of luck.

Just platoon with some arty goons and bug them about where to go. Or, play the Bishop/FV304 and never worry about positioning again.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

The easy answer is to stop playing arty.

The hard answer is to use camo, camo nets, camo skill, sixth sense to know when you are spotted and now maybe binocs to help your recently nerfed view range (read: warning range). In theory, this will let you hang in the back of a fire lane and get a shot off. Then relocate your rear end, maybe to the other side of the map.

If there's one bush in the area, don't use it as cover. Of course they're going to blindshot it as a matter of habit. If there's two or three, keep moving between them, maybe even if you haven't fired. Of course, only do that if you think you won't be spotted by the heavy rush being held off by that one bottom tier medium. Note: pretty much moot in urban maps. Just hope your camo and poo poo holds.

Then get killed by the light tank that your team ignored and go back to garage. Sell the arty as soon as possible. Stop playing arty.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I assume the A-20 is still garbage, so assuming I want to go up the Soviet medium tree, T-80 line or start at the T-50? T-50 is obviously a shorter grind (but it's low tiers so it'll go fast either way), but I hear the T-80 line of tanks is pretty solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I have no idea how WGNA even walk and breath at the same time. EU gets pretty much 200K players at peak time and NA gets what, 30K? How the gently caress can they be overwhelmed with tickets compared to the Mongol hordes on EU?