Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Depths posted:

Week of Papa G, month of Blood starved beast

Year of Vicar Amelia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

OneDeadman posted:

Year of Vicar Amelia

Decade of Ebrietas.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
moment of the witch of hemwick

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Depths posted:

Week of Papa G, month of Blood starved beast

They probably could have gotten him early on if Pat had just thrown the drat molotovs instead of trying to go for the oil urns first. They do a ton of damage to beasts all on their own.

Edit: Oh my god the gem upgrade thing. Just hit X when the box is highlighted Pat! :cripes:

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 7, 2015

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I might be the only person here excited for this possibly happening, but hey, I guess this might be a thing:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
WHO?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
The Friendcast curse strikes again, new Deus Ex leaked and then revealed

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/04/07/may-cover-revealed-deus-ex-mankind-divided-568435.aspx

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Pat and Liam's tangent about SMRPG had me rolling my eyes because their weird preconceived notions about how other RPGs work ended up making them overanalyze and overcomplicate things in that game to the point where they probably wound up making it less fun for themselves. Also I don't think it's fair at all to compare it to Chrono Trigger or FF6 because aside from the genre they're almost nothing alike.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think it's completely fair considering it's the same devs, time, tech, and genre. It's aged poorly, oh well.

Anime chat is based around bad adaptations as usual but holy poo poo that fusion dance conversation is amazing.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

A Meat posted:

I might be the only person here excited for this possibly happening, but hey, I guess this might be a thing:

Yeeees, FPlus is amazing, I am hype for this collaboration should it come to pass.

It shocks me to this day that Pat is not a goon; the FPlus is maybe the gooniest podcast in existence.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hoobajoo posted:

Yeeees, FPlus is amazing, I am hype for this collaboration should it come to pass.

It shocks me to this day that Pat is not a goon; the FPlus is maybe the gooniest podcast in existence.

Well all you need to do is just tell him that J.E. Sawyer posts here. Or show him the New Vegas thread.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

God DEUS EX:HR was the loving greatest and now there's more to come holy loving poo poo am I excited.

wait. HOW IS ADAM JENSEN STILL ALIVE?!.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/585542319975358465

Cassie Cage confirmed for best new character.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Wow I was really expecting a remake of the original Deus Ex over a straight sequel.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ahahaha, the only thing that'd make that better would be if she had 3 hands to throw up the deuces too somehow.

Also condolences to Matt on the dealing with sick father stuff. I can attest to how extra rough that poo poo is.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Good thing they have wireless internet in the Netherealm.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

Kimmalah posted:

They probably could have gotten him early on if Pat had just thrown the drat molotovs instead of trying to go for the oil urns first. They do a ton of damage to beasts all on their own.

Edit: Oh my god the gem upgrade thing. Just hit X when the box is highlighted Pat! :cripes:

They don't have the tool for blood gem slotting yet. It's right after Gascoigne, so they'll get it next time and a new menu will open up at the workbench.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wiseblood posted:

Good thing they have wireless internet in the Netherealm.

They're not loving savages

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm glad Jake's heart is in the right place.

Edit: Did Liam start loving with the camera 14 minutes in? It's stuttering and janky as all hell on my end.

Edit 2: Yeah this is literally unwatchable, asked a few friends and it's not just me.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 8, 2015

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Yeah halfway through I said gently caress it and played some Boxboy while listening. Worth it for when they run into Mr. Thirdperson McCreepster.

So many legs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So this is what having Parkinson's is like

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The part that made me stop the podcast was I think Liam and/or Pat talking about SMT spin-offs, and saying Devil Survivor is arguably anime. Like, what. That is arguably MORE anime than Persona.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm glad Jake's heart is in the right place.

Edit: Did Liam start loving with the camera 14 minutes in? It's stuttering and janky as all hell on my end.

Edit 2: Yeah this is literally unwatchable, asked a few friends and it's not just me.

They're going to re-render and upload it again tomorrow.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
its anime all the way down please don't argue about which of the 50 shades of anime each entry is

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat's anime-powerup moment when he understands the lesson taught by his master and wrecks poo poo on the last Bloodborne episode was cool. If I wasn't too lazy I'd tag DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY onto that poo poo.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
My bet is that Woolie will kill 0 bosses during the BB playthrough.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

My bet is that he'll kill gently caress all until they get to the end in which case he'll eek one out against the final boss thus driving Pat insane.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Eventually the experience levels will even up, there's always that area that you repeat a hundred times in these games. Plus, every person has that boss too, and it's not always the same. So Woolie might get a boss or three, but I still think The Red Fister Patrick McAngry will be the conqueror of bosses.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dias posted:

Pat's anime-powerup moment when he understands the lesson taught by his master and wrecks poo poo on the last Bloodborne episode was cool. If I wasn't too lazy I'd tag DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY onto that poo poo.

http://youtubedoubler.com/eZNX

I did it, I did the thing.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Add in a "sen i soshitsu" as the fist goes in and it'll be Perfect.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
make woolie eat some eggs on cam to get over his dumb opinion on eggs.

same with pat and mayo.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Watching Pat explore is suffering

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Perfect Potato posted:

Watching Pat explore is suffering

Look at a dead end with an NPC: "That's progression", turns around and goes down the actual progression path. :ughh:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
There's a lot of stuff thats decently easy to miss in this game, theyre gonna miss all of it! Pats gonna explode when he finds out how many things theyve walked past.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Wiseblood posted:

Look at a dead end with an NPC: "That's progression", turns around and goes down the actual progression path. :ughh:

"The best LP ever" while completely running past a really important lamp without lighting it and a huge area full of story NPCs. Nice! :cripes:

They also still haven't figured out that armor they picked up isn't a duplicate so they'll probably just sell it off.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
The only thing I don't get about Pat exploring is that whenever he does finally wind up on the progression path he never actually goes back to the secret poo poo.

Also I don't know how he never managed to hit the lamp in Oedon Chapel. Also I hope they gently caress up and send everyone to the clinic because oh man.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Wordnumber posted:

The only thing I don't get about Pat exploring is that whenever he does finally wind up on the progression path he never actually goes back to the secret poo poo.

Also I don't know how he never managed to hit the lamp in Oedon Chapel. Also I hope they gently caress up and send everyone to the clinic because oh man.

I've noticed a lot of players don't seem to remember that you actually have to light the lamps just like the bonfires for some reason. And I'm honestly surprised they even noticed the chapel was a safe place considering the way they just talked over the NPC and basically glossed over the area like it didn't matter.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's because bonfires in Dark Souls are super duper obvious parts of the scenery. There's nothing in the Souls games that looks like a bonfire. In Bloodborne they're just lanterns on the floor and the hands don't even come out and be noticeable until you activate it, so it's very easy to just not see it or not see that it's a unique object while you're playing.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
They noticed the lantern through, Pat just never activated it. It's not a big deal or anything, the Gascoigne lantern is right there after all.

I hope they explore the plaza outside the chapel again sometime because you can get grabbed by a giant invisible hand there and it's rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Wordnumber posted:

They noticed the lantern through, Pat just never activated it. It's not a big deal or anything, the Gascoigne lantern is right there after all.

I hope they explore the plaza outside the chapel again sometime because you can get grabbed by a giant invisible hand there and it's rad.

Gascoigne lantern isn't that great since it's a needlessly long walk and eventually there will be a guy there who will gently caress them up. It's not a huge deal but it's just amazing how much they're just not paying attention to this game. It's also funny the way they keep popping the Madman's Knowledge and laughing about it because higher insight actually does make the game more difficult by spawning new enemies and changing enemy behavior. :v:

I just beat the boss of Cathedral Ward today and never got grabbed so it's either not a guarantee or there's some trigger for it.

CJacobs posted:

It's because bonfires in Dark Souls are super duper obvious parts of the scenery. There's nothing in the Souls games that looks like a bonfire. In Bloodborne they're just lanterns on the floor and the hands don't even come out and be noticeable until you activate it, so it's very easy to just not see it or not see that it's a unique object while you're playing.

But he didn't miss the lamp, he saw it and just didn't light it because...?