Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
No there is not. Did your friend intentionally lose games on the account first?

If you just make a new account and win your first few games on it, ending up with a bunch of ~MG players is about what I would expect to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

generally if you go through all 10 wins and lose just one or two you will end near DMG/LE from what I have found, this will vary depending on the round margin of the wins and how much the magic MMR machine thought you would win/lose by.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

astr0man posted:

No there is not. Did your friend intentionally lose games on the account first?

If you just make a new account and win your first few games on it, ending up with a bunch of ~MG players is about what I would expect to happen.

No, what made it odd was that these wins were his first two games on the account!

Alighieri posted:

generally if you go through all 10 wins and lose just one or two you will end near DMG/LE from what I have found, this will vary depending on the round margin of the wins and how much the magic MMR machine thought you would win/lose by.

Good to know! My own smurf is on 4 wins out of 5 games now, so that'll potentially be an interesting development if I keep getting lucky.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Bohemian Nights posted:

No, what made it odd was that these wins were his first two games on the account!

It's not that strange, most elo type systems start you at an "average rank" number that is probably roughly in the nova/mg range for csgo. A brand new account doesn't start at 0 MMR/silver 1

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
That makes sense. I guess I was assuming something more towards the latter.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Bohemian Nights posted:

Good to know! My own smurf is on 4 wins out of 5 games now, so that'll potentially be an interesting development if I keep getting lucky.

I tried to lose the first few games on my smurf and ended up going about 3-2-2. Now the pistols only smurf I made for playing with my silver 3/4 friends is playing nothing but mg2s. Which is double frustrating because my main account is nova 2 (partially because of spending a lot of time with said silver 3/4 friends and partially cuz I'm bad)

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I just purchased ESEA today, after getting an account to LE my first game was a guy spinbotting the entire match. I mostly hover at DMG though and my main is still stuck at MGE. We'll see how this goes.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Akumos posted:

I just purchased ESEA today, after getting an account to LE my first game was a guy spinbotting the entire match. I mostly hover at DMG though and my main is still stuck at MGE. We'll see how this goes.

Esea

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Making a thing.

Because reasons.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Crain posted:

Making a thing.

Because reasons.

Spank me with your ruler.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Akumos posted:

Wait you got an account to LE? On the back of a p-90? I hate this game. :suicide:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

mythadile posted:

Spank me with your ruler.

No, but I'll stab you with my scalpel.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
welp lost my first "Esea", seems I had the worse team. I'm not going to SS every game obviously, just posting it because it's my first look into this. Hitreg did seem better and I didn't notice anything shady about the players, which is already a lot different than typical DMG games.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Rws are only given when you win a round so the losing team will have a lower arws if that is what you are looking at.

Jelly you got to LE.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Kwilty posted:

Wait you got an account to LE? On the back of a p-90? I hate this game. :suicide:

Learn to adapt to csgo viability ok like if it works is it truly dumb? Makes you think

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

MM logic for ranks makes no sense especially when the other day it was 4 mge/1 dmg against 3 lem/1 dmg/1 mge in a match.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Crain posted:

Wipe your gross keyboard you filthy hobgoblin.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Learn to adapt to csgo viability ok like if it works is it truly dumb? Makes you think

Didn't say it was dumb, but I've seen Akumos play and I'm still blown away that he got to LE with his P-90 skills.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kwilty posted:

Didn't say it was dumb, but I've seen Akumos play and I'm still blown away that he got to LE with his P-90 skills.

He's LE? We're talking about the same Akumos?

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
LE isn't hard to get to. defiled from my ill-fated LAN team has solo queued two or three accounts to SMFC.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sitting Bull posted:

LE isn't hard to get to. defiled from my ill-fated LAN team has solo queued two or three accounts to SMFC.

Well then I loving blow. Been stuck in dmg forever. Lost hope and just stopped queuing

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

afkmacro posted:

Wipe your gross keyboard you filthy hobgoblin.

That's my work desk, It never stays clean cause I'm always working on poo poo right next to it.

vehk
Jan 31, 2014
Mr. Pink blew my mind when he posted that he is/was DMG in MM over in the sub.io thread. If thats true :suicide:

Every MM match I play is the hardest game I've ever played. Its like facing 5 of the best goonman players at once every game with the top guy 40-0. I never seem to face the derpy opponents from youtube highlight reels. Stuck in Nova 2 for life not that I care all that much anymore. MM is a poo poo experience all around.

Is there any correlation between GPskill and MM rank at all though or is it really all about your team in each ladder that makes the difference?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Crain posted:

you have a lot of cum on your keyboard

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Yeah MM is pretty poo poo and valve always seems obnoxiously confident in their matchmaker, but its clear that until you're at the high ranks you're going to be facing smurfs but then you have to deal with the new problem of misplaced new players and tons of hackers

The only solution is to find people who are consistent to queue with, so that you can eventually get to those ranks, or to be good enough that no one can really smurf you because you are the smurf

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013
Ranked up to LEM today and somehow the matches are getting easier the higher you go it feels like. Not sure if I'm getting better or if there are more cheaters than you'd think at DMG, where I had the hardest time. I only play about 1-2 matches a day so the former seems unlikely. Or perhaps it's because better players are more predictable and doesn't do crazy poo poo all the time? :iiam:

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Yeah MM is pretty poo poo and valve always seems obnoxiously confident in their matchmaker, but its clear that until you're at the high ranks you're going to be facing smurfs but then you have to deal with the new problem of misplaced new players and tons of hackers

The only solution is to find people who are consistent to queue with, so that you can eventually get to those ranks, or to be good enough that no one can really smurf you because you are the smurf

the only way to win is to not play MM and stop caring about your rank, then join ESEA and constantly span .stats pug and watch your RWS tumble

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

vehk posted:

Mr. Pink blew my mind when he posted that he is/was DMG in MM over in the sub.io thread. If thats true :suicide:

It's not. I think someone filled out DMG on the signup sheet for the tourney as a joke. He's low Nova.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Xenaero posted:

He's LE? We're talking about the same Akumos?

Eh I had an alt that ranked to DMG and I grinded like 60 games on it and won enough to get LE but I lost my first game and will prob drop out. Also my lurking rear end in a top hat style works better in MM idk. Based on the games I've played I'd say I belong in high MGE to mid DMG, not LE. Also that first Esea game where I seemingly had a better score than my team was mostly P90ing lmao.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 8, 2015

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Did my first game of ESEA today, was pretty good. Everyone was about the same skill level as me bar one guy and I'm MGE in normal mm. We won 16-6 and I got 12.4 RWS (i have no idea if this is good)

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Xenaero posted:

Well then I loving blow. Been stuck in dmg forever. Lost hope and just stopped queuing

I was stuck at DMG for like six months or something then I ranked up. DMG for some reason is pretty sticky. Once I ranked up it only took two more games to get to LEM.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
And yeah if you look online the hardest rankup is DMG->LE, for whatever reason you have to stomp like 10 wins in a row to get up. Every loss at that rank sets you back like 2 wins.

Most goons on this server have way better peeks/rifle aim than me but have super loving slow rotations so I'm not sure if that is what is holding some of you back or what, but doing early rotations when I see poo poo going down seems to work in my favor more times than not because I can get into some new position to jump out and P90 everyone. :getin: It's also incredibly hard to gently caress up defensive AWPing so I do that a lot in MM.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 8, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fuckin did it. Time to lose all my games now

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
y'all seen this yet?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419404847

"Recoil Master" training map. Improved my spray massively after about 20 minutes.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Me defending against a rusher in CSGO:

Elman fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 9, 2015

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Alighieri posted:

the only way to win is to not play MM and stop caring about your rank, then join ESEA and constantly span .stats pug and watch your RWS tumble

:viggo:

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.

bpower posted:

y'all seen this yet?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419404847

"Recoil Master" training map. Improved my spray massively after about 20 minutes.

This is an insanely good map. The big target has an option to show where your crosshairs are supposed to go during a spray (including a fancy 1/4 speed setting so you can practice it slowly). It never really dawned on me that the crosshairs didn't need to move that much.

Doesn't support any of the SMGs I tried, though.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Delicious Meat posted:

This is an insanely good map. The big target has an option to show where your crosshairs are supposed to go during a spray (including a fancy 1/4 speed setting so you can practice it slowly). It never really dawned on me that the crosshairs didn't need to move that much.

How do you get bullet time to work? I "enabled bullet time button" but didn't notice any change.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Delicious Meat posted:

The crosshair moves with your spray for a good 3-4 bullets, more on the M4s than the AK, and more on the budget rifles I believe. So you don't even need to do much pulldown relative to the crosshair with short bursting, but after those first few bullets the crosshairs continue to move, but the spray moves beyond what the crosshair is moving, so the spray is above the crosshair, but since the crosshair is still moving the distance you pulled down is much more than the difference between the bullets and the crosshair

Counter Strike is weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Xenaero posted:

Fuckin did it. Time to lose all my games now

lmao well that was quick. My rank up brought you good luck.

• Locked thread