Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how weird is it that there are like 3 teams in the FBS that have nearly identical weird as hell color schemes to my color-blind rear end (Clemons, Syracuse and Illinois)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
While on the subject of uniforms, can we petition Wake Forest to readopt the butt-logo for their helmets?

Scarf fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 8, 2015

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The only bad color is orange, luckily there are no worthwhile teams that use orange anyway

:argh:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

While on the subject of uniforms, can we petition Wake Forest to readopt the butt-logo for their helmets?

holy crap that rules

YO SAMURAIFOOCHS GET THIS DONE

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The only bad color is orange, luckily there are no worthwhile teams that use orange anyway

Oregon State did it right with Orange & Black but otherwise this is true (:( ).

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I thought it was universally agreed that Tennessee had the worst shade of orange.

And on that note, Auburn is going to attempt to stripe the stadium alternating sections of orange and blue for the Ole Miss game this year. Wonder how well that will work out.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I thought it was universally agreed that Tennessee had the worst shade of orange.

And on that note, Auburn is going to attempt to stripe the stadium alternating sections of orange and blue for the Ole Miss game this year. Wonder how well that will work out.

Horribly, I hope. :getin:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It builds character. :colbert:

Better than Texas's crumby orange. :regd09:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

A small child's creamsicle puke.

I sure as hell can't find anything to support, but my best friend's dad is a Clemson alum (and season ticket holder for like 45yrs) and his college jacket is royal blue and orange. So were all his old drinking buddies' jackets/blankets/etc.

Maybe because it's just a plain university jacket and not affiliated with athletics. He said the purple wasn't as popular in the 60s and it changed a lot in the 80s.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

A small child's creamsicle puke.

I sure as hell can't find anything to support, but my best friend's dad is a Clemson alum (and season ticket holder for like 45yrs) and his college jacket is royal blue and orange. So were all his old drinking buddies' jackets/blankets/etc.

Maybe because it's just a plain university jacket and not affiliated with athletics. He said the purple wasn't as popular in the 60s and it changed a lot in the 80s.

Yup. The "Regalia" purple made a comeback in 91 I believe.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Tennessee's orange is really ugly on its own but actually looks great in a checkerboard or other situations where it's with lots of white.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That seems odd. Is Auburn-Ole Miss one of those rivalries that nobody outside of the SEC realizes is a rivalry?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
pre:
Rank	Team		Won		Color 1	Color 2
1	Michigan	915		Blue	Yellow
2	Texas		884		Orange 	White
3	Notre Dame	882		Green	Gold
4	Nebraska	881		Red	White
5	Ohio State [b]	863		Red	Grey
6 (T)	Oklahoma	850		Red	White
6 (T)	Alabama[c]	850		Red	White
8	Penn State	849		Blue	White
9	Harvard		848		Red	White
10	Penn		830		Red	Blue
11	Tennessee	811		Orange 	White
12	USC [d]		805		Red	Yellow
13	Princeton	804		Orange 	Black
14	Georgia		777		Red	Black
15	Louisiana State	761		Purple	Yellow
16	Mount Union	742		Purple	White
18	Wittenberg	736		Red	White
19	Auburn		734		Orange 	Blue
20	West Virginia	719		Blue	Yellow
21 (T)	Virginia Tech	711		Red	Orange
21 (T)	Georgia Tech	711		White	Gold
23	Texas A&M	709		Red	White
24	Syracuse	708		Orange 	Blue
25	Wash & Jeff	707		Red	Black
White Power I guess

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Now do it for the modern age, also without fake schools like "A Wittenberg" or "Wash and Jeff"

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I don't have a speck of orange in my wardrobe and it's probably at least partially motivated by Clemson, but it's also just a real bad color in general. Texas' burnt shade is the only one I come close to liking.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Spacemonkey57 posted:

That seems odd. Is Auburn-Ole Miss one of those rivalries that nobody outside of the SEC realizes is a rivalry?
Nope, probably the least of our rivals in the West.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

spring ball circus catch for UVA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg0EMjHhBSU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That's some good poo poo right there

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Orange is really just the worst color. It doesn't look good on anything and never has.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Quandary posted:

Orange is really just the worst color. It doesn't look good on anything and never has.

I know you're saying this as an OU fan but :mad:

also

FB Scoops posted:

Marshall has signed head coach Doc Holliday and athletic director Mike Hamrick to contract extensions, taking them both through June 30th, 2021.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Spiritus Nox posted:

Baylor released their post-spring depth chart today.

No huge surprises - Seth Russell is the official starter at QB, but that's been expected for months. I will say that between this and general insider reports, there's a bunch of young guys all over the defense who seem to have been making major strides and vying for some quality minutes - which is exactly what I was hoping to see, especially in the secondary. Seeing Tion Wright listed as a co-starter with a not-terrible veteran starter DB in Ryan Reid seems like a good sign to me, with some of things I've heard about our secondary getting gassed or playing through injury because we didn't feel comfortable playing the guys behind them too much. I also really like the Jefferson/Zamora/Coleman trio at kick returns - that's some speed. Offensively the skill positions will be absurd and the left side of the line will be pretty formidable. Won't be a bad place to groom a new QB, that's for sure. I also kind of want us to run power some with some two-tight end sets featuring Armstead and McGowan - that's going to be just a wall of muscle.

From a few pages back, but Lynx Hawthorne is an incredible name. Almost as good as:

Pakled posted:

Quaide Weimerskirch

And orange is a terrible color for people who cannot appreciate yellow.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Quandary posted:

Clinton Portis Broncos Alternate Jersey

Next try?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It looks good but under very rare occasions, like the lining on a Detroit Tigers logo, or the Astros old dope jerseys, or uh, okay I don't know anything outside of sports apparently. A sunset, that involves orange right?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I will eat your whole head

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

Tennessee's orange is really ugly on its own but actually looks great in a checkerboard or other situations where it's with lots of white.

These are actually the only 2 helmet concepts I really like from Empire. The orange ones would look good with UT's white jerseys; the alternate grey ones would look nice with the orange jerseys.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

That black matte one makes UT almost tolerable. Almost...

Still a garbage man convention on gamedays.

Also, orange is my favorite color even though I am a Bama alum. It is what it is.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Tennessee should add brown to their colors so they can start putting the dog on everything.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I would hate Tennessee slightly less if they started slapping a goofy hound dog logo on everything.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Jeremor posted:

I would hate Tennessee slightly less if they started slapping a goofy hound dog logo on everything.

Oh, not a logo. Just straight up have collage photographs of the dog on the jersey and helmets.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Go all dog mascots :3:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It was kind of them to put that hat on the dog to cover its eyes so that he doesn't have to be subjected to the actual game.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

VDay posted:

It was kind of them to put that hat on the dog to cover its eyes so that he doesn't have to be subjected to the actual game.

Derrick Dooley football is the number one killer of domestic dogs.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

JesustheDarkLord posted:

pre:
Rank	Team		Won		Color 1	Color 2
1	Michigan	915		Blue	Yellow
2	Texas		884		Orange 	White
3	Notre Dame	882		Green	Gold
4	Nebraska	881		Red	White
5	Ohio State [b]	863		Red	Grey
6 (T)	Oklahoma	850		Red	White
6 (T)	Alabama[c]	850		Red	White
8	Penn State	849		Blue	White
9	Harvard		848		Red	White
10	Penn		830		Red	Blue
11	Tennessee	811		Orange 	White
12	USC [d]		805		Red	Yellow
13	Princeton	804		Orange 	Black
14	Georgia		777		Red	Black
15	Louisiana State	761		Purple	Yellow
16	Mount Union	742		Purple	White
18	Wittenberg	736		Red	White
19	Auburn		734		Orange 	Blue
20	West Virginia	719		Blue	Yellow
21 (T)	Virginia Tech	711		Red	Orange
21 (T)	Georgia Tech	711		White	Gold
23	Texas A&M	709		Red	White
24	Syracuse	708		Orange 	Blue
25	Wash & Jeff	707		Red	Black
White Power I guess

gently caress Wittenberg.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Agreed. Pretty White People With Problems.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Quandary posted:

Only acceptable time to wear orange:

Just in case they need to find you floating at sea or piece together your mangled corpse, you know

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Agreed. Pretty White People With Problems.

That describes so many schools on that list.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Raku posted:

Tennessee should add brown to their colors so they can start putting the dog on everything.

The color of poo poo is never a good idea.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

That describes so many schools on that list.

Yeah, but I don't like Wittenberg in particular :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If they said that Penn State had to pick new colors, I'd want black and silver like the Raiders.

I would be unhappy if there was a rule that your color scheme had to match your team name's colors. Tan and white boy am I excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Quandary posted:

The New York Mets and the Chicago Bears make good use of orange.

That's pretty much it though

• Locked thread