Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm surprised they didn't get Hurricane Blue back. Nao Nagasawa, her actor, was appearing in EVERYTHING for a while, and she was the one that pushed for the Hurricanger 10 Years Later movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Isn't she pregnant now or did that happen awhile ago?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cliff Racer posted:

Isn't she pregnant now or did that happen awhile ago?

I didn't not know that she was pregnant!

According to Google, she was pregnant since July, so I guess the baby has been born by now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dexie posted:

I didn't not know that she was pregnant!

According to Google, she was pregnant since July, so I guess the baby has been born by now.

She may have been still pregnant when they were filming though

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
The more I watch of Ninninger the more I find Takaharu annoying and the more I like Ninja Dad.

I wish Ninja Dad was able to overcome the prejudice of the Last Ninja and become the Cowboy Ranger.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

The more I watch of Ninninger the more I find Takaharu annoying and the more I like Ninja Dad.

I wish Ninja Dad was able to overcome the prejudice of the Last Ninja and become the Cowboy Ranger.

Ninja Dad finds out that he had the potential to be a Ninja all along. :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'd say he still has a chance, StarNinger is set to debut around episode 9 or so which leaves plently of time for them to bring in more new rangers later on if they want to.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I really hope Ninja Dad's frustration at not having any powers of his own actually builds to something and isn't just something they'll only occasionally reference.

I'm also a bit optimistic that with the tension between Gabi Raizou and Kyuuemon we'll start to have the villains be interesting, probably not as interesting as ToQger's were but I want them to at least try to get to that level.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
I sure can't wait for Takaharu to forget his teamwork lesson yet again in two episodes!

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 9, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love this thread at times because it makes me realize that my feelings towards a series are not just my own cynism. Seriously, Takaharu, please stop being Takaharu.

Also, about Drive...man, I did not like this episode, which is really weird to say about Drive. The Mach Driver is immediatly repaired once the episode begins, so it being destroyed ends up being pointless. The series wastes the chance to finally show why the hell Go is as angry and determined to kill every Roidmude, and instead of something useful he gets two pep talks and suddenly he's a-OK. This is followed by him controlling Deadheat which is nice but far, far too late to be useful, and even in-battle where Go was meant to show off, Shinnosuke ends up doing more with a lot more ease due to Formula. And in the end...Go gets absolutely nothing and outright stops Rinna from getting him an upgrade because "he's strong enough".

Go keeps being pointless in the story, and unlike Nitoh he's not even likable. Hell, it seriously feels like this plot was only there for the second Mach Driver for Chaser. Go's spotlight episode only accomplishes something for another character.

At least the Kiriko/Chase scene was cute, and this is just one bad episode in a series that has been great and will likely keep being great.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Shaezerus posted:

I sure can't wait for Takaharu to forget his teamwork lesson yet again in two episodes!

Ah, the Raphael approach to character development.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Shaezerus posted:

The worst part was they even brought up the last time he learned it at the end using the same loving metaphor and a flashback. Like 'yeah he learned this awhile ago then forgot it'.

I feel like, though they'd never do it, they could really drastically change the tone of the series for the better if Takaharu's stupidity gets him into a fight with Gabi he can't win and he ends up dying and there has to be a replacement Red.

Never gonna happen though.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I suspect that this episode is the one that had to be "cut" due to the hostage crisis and was instead just moved back two weeks. It would make a lot of sense if this one was a direct continuation of the original "egg goes best with other stuff" episode and would tone down the forgetfulness aspect of it too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Anyone have an idea if/when the blu-ray rips are coming out for Gaim? I want to rewatch the series but I'm waiting on Asir to clean up the blu-rays

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Movie Otomonin DinoMaru

Chouzetzu Changer

Lion HaOh

HaOh Shurikenjin

:siren: Carrierzord confirmed? :siren:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Haoh looks like Shurikenjin is sitting on a throne. More nested mecha = yay.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Anyone have an idea if/when the blu-ray rips are coming out for Gaim? I want to rewatch the series but I'm waiting on Asir to clean up the blu-rays

I don't know if Aesir was going to revise the subs in any way, but I was considering juggling Fourze and Gaim's BDs once I finish OOO, or maybe even as soon as I get the first Drive BD collection out of the way.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

SpazmasterX posted:

Chouzetzu Changer

Who the gently caress is this guy.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's some kind of Super Armor thing for Takaharu, not a new Ranger. :(

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

Who the gently caress is this guy.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's some kind of Super Armor thing for Takaharu, not a new Ranger. :(

Apparently it's going to be a power up that's shared between the team like ToQger's Hyper mode and Shinkenger's Super mode. I kinda like it actually, the design sort of reminds me of Armed Hibiki in a way.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
It looks bulky and ugly, do not like. Still if its passed around among the team that could be interesting.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

OZC posted:

I don't know if Aesir was going to revise the subs in any way, but I was considering juggling Fourze and Gaim's BDs once I finish OOO, or maybe even as soon as I get the first Drive BD collection out of the way.

If nothing else, there's adding the cipher to the first episode or maybe two that had overlordese, as well as a secondary track that undoes the cipher for people who have seen the series and therefore won't be spoiled by it.

There were other things though (instances where they played things too safe/not safe enough due to foreshadowing), but honestly I wouldn't count on them happening.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Saban and Lionsgate are reportedly in talks with Dean Israelite to direct next year's Power Rangers reboot. If you don't know who he is, that's okay because the only thing he's done is Project Almanac.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

AzraelNewtype posted:

If nothing else, there's adding the cipher to the first episode or maybe two that had overlordese, as well as a secondary track that undoes the cipher for people who have seen the series and therefore won't be spoiled by it.

There were other things though (instances where they played things too safe/not safe enough due to foreshadowing), but honestly I wouldn't count on them happening.

I haven't watched the early episodes since they originally aired so I can't remember, but were the Overlord lines just not subbed or were they done fully translated since it was prior to the cipher being put together? I know that the key to the cipher was posted in the comments at Aesir's site, so converting the lines for a second track shouldn't be a problem, and I know someone wrote a converter that will generate the Overlordese lines which I saved to my Dropbox, so if those early episodes are just outright translated, that should be easy enough to fix too.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

OZC posted:

I haven't watched the early episodes since they originally aired so I can't remember, but were the Overlord lines just not subbed or were they done fully translated since it was prior to the cipher being put together? I know that the key to the cipher was posted in the comments at Aesir's site, so converting the lines for a second track shouldn't be a problem, and I know someone wrote a converter that will generate the Overlordese lines which I saved to my Dropbox, so if those early episodes are just outright translated, that should be easy enough to fix too.

They're outright translated, but I can't remember if the translation was posted in this thread or just to 4chan; in the latter case, well, good luck rummaging through 4chan archives!

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

point of return posted:

They're outright translated, but I can't remember if the translation was posted in this thread or just to 4chan; in the latter case, well, good luck rummaging through 4chan archives!

That's just it though, if they are already translated to English, I should be able to drop them into the English-to-Overlord translator I have and get the output. Unless you mean they are already in Overlordese, in which case I'm trying to see if I can reverse the script so it'll go Overlord-to-English.

If all else fails, hopefully I can find the translations.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

AzraelNewtype posted:

I think in the post they mentioned doing the Blu-Ray subs in they also mentioned changing Ryouma's surname (and the driver's name) to correct their mistake of going with the Wärring (sic) States thing when it was actually just its creators surname.

If it does happen I'm gonna miss Ryouma Wärring at least a little. :v:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cernunnos posted:

I think in the post they mentioned doing the Blu-Ray subs in they also mentioned changing Ryouma's surname (and the driver's name) to correct their mistake of going with the Wärring (sic) States thing when it was actually just its creators surname.

If it does happen I'm gonna miss Ryouma Wärring at least a little. :v:

I'm still a little sad they didn't double down and call him "Warren Statesman."

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

OZC posted:

The episodes in question left it untranslated (despite point of return's assertion to the contrary), so no you can't do anything about it.

After that point yeah it's just the converter (and unfucking the spaces).

Some Numbers posted:

I'm still a little sad they didn't double down and call him "Warren Statesman."

That's a funny joke, but a thing I deleted from this post before seeing yours was just complaining about people who learned Japanese from children's cartoons seeing the word Sengoku and thinking they know a thing and being wrong, and here you go and actually do it. That isn't how his name works.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 11, 2015

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

OZC posted:

https://archive.moe/m/thread/10631614/#10636655
https://archive.moe/m/thread/10631614/#10636710

You have the one line in episode 23. However, checking the episode itself, there are snippets of episode 24 that aren't translated so this is the best you'll get.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Waffleman_ posted:

Saban and Lionsgate are reportedly in talks with Dean Israelite to direct next year's Power Rangers reboot. If you don't know who he is, that's okay because the only thing he's done is Project Almanac.

Power Rangers reboot? What is this? Is this the movie that mutated into an animated feature?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

AzraelNewtype posted:

The episodes in question left it untranslated (despite point of return's assertion to the contrary), so no you can't do anything about it.

Yes, the episodes left it translated, but I could have sworn Magenta or Caphi posted translations of those parts somewhere on the Internet before the cipher was nailed down.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

AzraelNewtype posted:

Gotcha. On the bright side, my approach to this stuff has been that if I can fix something, great, but if I can't or I miss something to fix, it's no worse off then what we've already got available to watch anyway. I can always patch updates later if need be.

maybeflan posted:

https://archive.moe/m/thread/10631614/#10636655
https://archive.moe/m/thread/10631614/#10636710

You have the one line in episode 23. However, checking the episode itself, there are snippets of episode 24 that aren't translated so this is the best you'll get.

Thanks, those will help greatly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Omnicrom posted:

Power Rangers reboot? What is this? Is this the movie that mutated into an animated feature?

No, that trailer was a rejected proof of concept that was presented to Saban several years ago and has nothing to do with this current project. They're basically making a Mighty Morphin' movie that comes out next summer.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So I just found out who ToQ 7-gou is in that upcoming special DVD thing, and I couldn't be happier!

IAMGINAAAAAAAAAAAAAATION

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Over-Time just released ToQger vs. Kyoryuger yesterday for those who weren't aware of it yet.

It was pretty good I thought, nothing amazing but at least both teams got good focus unlike Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters. I also really enjoyed when Baron Nero did a roll call and the other Shadow Line members just stood there.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Carrranger 46 got uploaded last night. Just two more left...

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Can I ask about GARO here?

I really want to watch Goldstorm but I also have never watched GARO before, and it seems like it has a huge amount of backlog.

Is there stuff I absolutely have to watch to understand Goldstorm?

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Stallion Cabana posted:

I really want to watch Goldstorm but I also have never watched GARO before, and it seems like it has a huge amount of backlog.

It's a sequel to The One Who Shines in the Darkness so you'd at least want to watch that first. That said it's worth noting that people largely prefer the original Garo series and its sequels compared to The One Who Shines, so if you end up liking it, you may want to check those out too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stallion Cabana posted:

Yes. You have to understand that you should not watch Gold Storm.

Please don't watch a Ryuga series, they're the worst part of Garo. Watch the first series or the anime, those are good places to start, then go from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Watch the first series or the anime, those are good places to start, then go from there.
These are the only GARO things I've seen, and I liked both of them.

• Locked thread