Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Captain Blaargh posted:

On that note most wave 3 pre orders are up on amazon with a date of June 15.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_lin...rd_i=B00ND603UU

Huh. Looks like preordering on BBTS was the cheaper route in comparison.

Also just saw Perfect Effect is doing a Lio Convoy.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=PFT10043&mode=retail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Blackheart posted:

Viper is wave 3 so not yet.

Also gently caress you wave 2-having people. FUUUCK YOOOOUUUUUU

As I have only scored Motormaster and Blackjack for Wave 2 so far your hate shall fuel my search for Megs and the limbs.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Hahaha the combiner head on the ladder still cracks me the hell up.

It looks like he's been moonlighting in a British TV show for very young children since G1 went off air. I love it.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Huh. Looks like preordering on BBTS was the cheaper route in comparison.

Yeah, I agree. I'm waiting to just grab them locally or see what price I can get them through Hasbro Toy Shop unless I dig up an old amazon gift card or something.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really wish we could predict which wave is going to be the scoop/thundercracker ship x5 as much to store crapper and which ones to jump on.

I kinda feel like I should just pay retail for Off-road and Air Raid :( but maybe not???

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

Blackheart posted:

Also gently caress you wave 2-having people. FUUUCK YOOOOUUUUUU

If it helped I got stung by customs for importing them from Thailand, for the tune of an extra £25. But I have menasor and superion so I don't care.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How are Perfect Effect figures? Leonidas looks cooooool

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Endless Mike posted:

He does look fantastic.

So posable!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Endless Mike posted:

They are heavy on parts-forming, but if that's a non-issue for you then I would easily pick up anything of theirs you like the look of.

I have their Fort Max and I adore him, even his utterly inane "tank" mode. Quality plastic, complex transformations, super solid to hold, incredibly poseable.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah PE Warden's rock solid, I don't doubt that Leonidas will be anything less, even if it holds no interest for me.

Birthday soon, torn between Takara Superion or Menasor. And also not having any room left with Devastator pre-ordered. Guuuuh decisions.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
This mtmte was great, really answered the questions I had about the "Decepticon cause" which seems to be the theme for this season of the book.

Hm, this also shows that Megatron might have lost more than previously thought - he seemed to think all organic life was a threat and would sooner or later destroy the Cybertronians, but now in the universe where he never existed it's been proved that would never actually happen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't love parts-forming, which is weird since I love Super Fire Convoy. Maybe because he's designed for it? I didn't like the Microblaze Onslaught largely because of it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Endless Mike posted:

I don't love parts-forming, which is weird since I love Super Fire Convoy. Maybe because he's designed for it? I didn't like the Microblaze Onslaught largely because of it.

There's a difference between having to take yourself apart to change modes and taking apart a separate piece to become an AMORED SUPER MODE

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That is true, buuuuut Fire Convoy still can't become a proper vehicle without extra parts.

Which doesn't bother me at all really, he's awesome.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Calling it now, Tarn isn't Roller, he's Nemesis Ambus. Who else could be that nefariously administrative?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Acne Rain posted:

Hm, this also shows that Megatron might have lost more than previously thought - he seemed to think all organic life was a threat and would sooner or later destroy the Cybertronians, but now in the universe where he never existed it's been proved that would never actually happen.
No, it shows the Cybertronians giving up an entire moon, living on one planet with the consortium closing in and Rewind straight up says "We lose".

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Blackheart posted:

That is true, buuuuut Fire Convoy still can't become a proper vehicle without extra parts.

Which doesn't bother me at all really, he's awesome.
If you didn't lose his comically small gun like I did, he makes a funny little cab that rolls around without his armor!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Why do people hate the idea of Combiner Wars Prowl not being able to combine with Devastator?

He can combine with Superion, Optimus Prime, Menasor, Galvatron and Defensor.

That sounds definitely better than just combining with devastator.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

A voyager-class one that slots into Devastator would be awesome, that's why.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why do people hate the idea of Combiner Wars Prowl not being able to combine with Devastator?

He can combine with Superion, Optimus Prime, Menasor, Galvatron and Defensor.

That sounds definitely better than just combining with devastator.

And then the only thing any third party company have to provide is shoulderguns and new head and voila, it's Prowlastator. That is basically the only thing Prowl contributes to Devastator in the comics. But I do admit I have no idea how the Leader+Voyager torso combination mode is going to work.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I don't really care for Prowlastator, but it would just require a plate to put over regular Devastator that has prowl's head and some lightbar details.

Although I did a brief image search and this made me chuckle:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I don't really care for Prowlastator
You don't need to care about him, it's not like you're dating.

I think if nothing else it is one of the more interesting things the comics has proven willing to do. Nothing has really underlined the war being over like that - even moreso than the Megatron taking over MTMTE thing.

Unrelated to you but it's pretty weird/interesting how we have a new emergent "geewunner" thing, where people shriek about how they want comic aligned toys and so forth in the same threads as people claiming they won't buy Offroad because NOT MAI SCRUNTICONS!!!11 Not sure what we should call them though.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
A third party Prowlstator headpiece is probably the first or second thing that'll go up for preorder for Titan Devastator, depending on how many groups already have replacement Scrapper arms pre-designed.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh no I love idea in the comics, I just don't really feel the need for a toy incarnation unless its maybe a simple add-on like the one I suggested.

Speaking of geewunner there's this guy that forum searches TFW for instances of the term geewun to yell at people using it. He's almost as whiny as the literal brony who went on and on about how Alpha Bravo and offroad were a personal gently caress YOU from Hasbro to him and it made him IRL sad. Both will also frequently remind you how they dislike the IDW comics universe.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It's really bizarre. I saw a guy on there complain that he couldn't take a higher paying job because his TRU stock boy discount was the only way he'd be able to afford to buy 2 Devastators.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Robot Style posted:

It's really bizarre. I saw a guy on there complain that he couldn't take a higher paying job because his TRU stock boy discount was the only way he'd be able to afford to buy 2 Devastators.

That's pretty loving special right there. I bet he's got it down to the cent per pay check too.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I thought Streetwise's vehicle mode looked like crap because it had too much white and looks almost like a knockoff with the other colors. But then I saw his G1 toy and that looked even worse. So I guess it's a vast improvement since his robot mode looks a hell of a lot better and doesn't resemble a wrongly assembled ikea shelf.

They can't really paint him with that much black either since Prowl is going to be using the same mold probably.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm not sure if the different Autobot and Decepticon approaches to organic life in the IDW continuity ever made all that much sense? I mean, was senator Proteus actually a lizardman in disguise? Was Zeta Prime sending bouquets of flowers to the Galactic Council while he was melting down cities into energon? (or whatever he was doing. I remember it was bad) Did a space dog steal Megatron's pen while he was writing all these anti-establishment tracts?

And then Megatron joined the Autobots because he was sick of the war and all these greater threats to Cybertron that he had to help Optimus defeat. Organics didn't play any part in any of that.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Robot Style posted:

Calling it now, Tarn isn't Roller, he's Nemesis Ambus. Who else could be that nefariously administrative?

Imagine if he is really Dominus Ambus

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

You Am I posted:

Imagine if he is really just a new character

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pfft, it always has to be some established character ;)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, the Awful app decided to poo poo the bed after I tried to take a picture after a lengthy post, so here's the Cliff Notes version:

Menasor has a short torso, but getaway sticks up to his face; he's a classy dame. Drag Strip and Off Road are great as arms, the arms can be positioned in such a way that they don't interfere with Menasor's arm movement. Motormaster has no tabbing problems, but he does have the hip ratchet issue. His weight makes it not so much of a problem, as you can see in the pic.

Dead End, while a close second to Off Road for "best Limb" has arms that get in the way and look dumb while he's an arm. (I assume Breakdown is like that as well due to his shape but I have to test it out to be 100% sure.) Great figure.

Breakdown is awkward. That is all.

Off Road is great. If Wildrider is a remold of Dead End, that's nice but Off Road makes a better arm. He looks like if Banzaitron and Kup had a baby. Could be remolded into Kup easily.

Completed Superion is great. Air Raid is the best limb, the way the wings fold hides the flying tub-like nature of the limbs. I hope Slingshot is a remold of this guy.

Huffer is great. Never had this mold before, it's perfect for Huffer, he even has a backpack that doesn't overshadow his head, which I like. He's orange and blue like Da Bearsss and Mrs. Rainbowbeard has named him "Mike*."

Blackjack is great. Shoulders are a little funny, wish they were higher so his arms didn't look so long, but he's still great and turns into boobs for a classy dame. Gotta shave those pegs. Fan mode doesn't do it for me.

*DITKA

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Dead End has designated positions for his arms when in arm mode that don't get in the way.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Completed Superion is great. Air Raid is the best limb, the way the wings fold hides the flying tub-like nature of the limbs. I hope Slingshot is a remold of this guy.

Slingshot is a remold of Fireflight.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Until I figured out this means legs, I was like "when the hell did they release Getaway? Is he a Lockdown remold, is that why he sticks up to Menasor's face?" Because Lockdown is super tall, see.

Sometimes I am very creative about being a total cretin.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

When were the Ambuses established characters?

Nice same pose, 3 out of the 6 guys.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

Dead End has designated positions for his arms when in arm mode that don't get in the way.

I'm looking at the directions, The arms seemed to chafe? More experimentation is needed I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really hate that I came into the Prime toys this late. I saw the Breakdown mold and decided I wanted one and it's close to $200 for the show color version.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
He was never released in America, so that price sorta makes since.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm looking at the directions, The arms seemed to chafe? More experimentation is needed I guess.

The left side is how it's supposed to be. To achieve this, the tab on the right arm called out in orange goes into the slot in the torso/backpack likewise called out.

If aligned as shown, the arms don't chafe.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 9, 2015

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Hey for all the nice people that asked to see pictures of the big TF lots I was selling, I'm really sorry but I got a good offer on the whole thing and I needed the money. I had to buy a house to accommodate the twins I am having in August, jesus christ.

Anyway sorry for the tease but I still have other good stuff, not stuff that needs to be moved with a shovel, and I'll give you guys first picks.

Also this leader Megatron is the poo poo, thanks you beautiful goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

On the topic of TFW posters, I present a man arguing that the G1 line was actually called "The Trans Formers" based on the boxart.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/1006189-x-transbots-mx-i-apollyon-mp-megatron-post12407131.html

quote:

For me its G1 all the way, Megatron is a gun. Any other incarnation of him is just Hasbo's attempt at rebooting a line that they killed when they decided to kill prime in The Trans Formers: The Movie.

Yup G1 was "The Trans Formers", not "The Transformers" which it seems to be now known as, i've seen all modern packaging, they don't separate the word.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/1006189-x-transbots-mx-i-apollyon-mp-megatron-post12407318.html

quote:

The word transform has never been used on the G1 boxes "Transfomed" has. However The Trans Formers has, and it has nothing to do with being too long. It is even split when on the same line.

For anyone who wasn't around for G1, here is what was on the back of every box.