Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If there was a Flacco throw in Torrey's direction and no DPI flag was thrown then there was no DPI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Intruder posted:

If there was a Flacco throw in Torrey's direction and no DPI flag was thrown then there was no DPI

this was before Torrey Smith: DPI machine really took off

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

maybe if lovely corners weren't getting burned by torrey all the time they wouldn't panic and interfere

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Sour Diesel posted:

yea torrey smith had an obvious one not called for him that negated a touchdown

it was bullshit

Let's not even talk about deer antler spray either

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Bucs/Raiders was the absolute worst, except for watching Bill Callahan throw a game on the biggest stage.
It was pretty awesome for fans of other AFC West teams

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

It was pretty awesome for fans of other AFC West teams

It may also be the least just Super Bowl ever. I'm struggling to think of any as evil as that one and that's considering Elway was in like four.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

It may also be the least just Super Bowl ever. I'm struggling to think of any as evil as that one and that's considering Elway was in like four.

Seahawks vs. Patriots, regardless of the outcome.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sour Diesel posted:

yea torrey smith had an obvious one not called for him that negated a touchdown

it was bullshit

Hashtag it was a block in the back

:colbert:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Parmesan Basil posted:

How is the Superbowl where the hapless Bucs curbstomped the Raiders an evil one? I also hate when historically awful teams are good for three years and one SB before slinking back to the basement.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Hashtag it was a block in the back

:colbert:

i wonder what falcons fans think of the last drive in the nfccg

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Seahawks vs. Patriots, regardless of the outcome.

Please. Hawks aren't even in the top ten. Pats are only the sixth worst. Both teams put together aren't as bad as Warren Sapp. It's like you're not even trying.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
If you didn't want to see Every Cool Veteran Ever win a ring you are an awful human being

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Some CFL news not worthy of its own thread, but I think you guys would get a kick out of this!

http://cfl.ca/article/major-rule-changes-approved-by-cfl-governors

CFL posted:

The CFL is modifying the convert that follows a touchdown to make it less predictable.

A kick for a single point, which took place from the 12-yard line in past seasons, will now be kicked from the 32-yard line.

Last year, 99.4 per cent of kicks for a single point following a touchdown were successful. For field goal attempts from between 31 and 33 yards, 81 per cent were successful.

If a team opts to run or pass the ball into the end zone for a two point convert following a touchdown, the ball will be scrimmaged from the three-yard line, instead of the five-yard line, which may entice more coaches to “go for two”.

CFL stands for Crazy Fun League.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

We think incidental contact is all that's allowed inside 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and that loving linebacker held/mugged Roddy and it absolutely should have been called.

I also think that Tony G was wide open in the end zone but the OC called a no-read crossing pattern...

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Chilichimp posted:

We think incidental contact is all that's allowed inside 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and that loving linebacker held/mugged Roddy and it absolutely should have been called.

I also think that Tony G was wide open in the end zone but the OC called a no-read crossing pattern...

no but see there was a penalty that should have been called against the falcons in the 2nd quarter somewhere so that makes it all equal

I'm going to start a gimmick poster named False Equivalence and just do this whenever people make poo poo arguments against teams that got ref-hosed.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Sour Diesel posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, this is the only play that matters :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLsN6G-Mv_8

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Coldforge posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, this is the only play that matters :colbert:

Wrong game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Really enjoy seeing him hurt his knee and get tackled by a bunch of teammates while trying to grab it

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intruder posted:

Really enjoy seeing him hurt his knee and get tackled by a bunch of teammates while trying to grab it

It was just Eric Reid, and it's hard to blame him because he had two concussions (that we know of) by that point :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hey, if someone wants to take over my goon drafting duties for the Bills, I'd appreciate it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Who wants to read a really terribly depressing article about Darren Sharper and how badly they repeatedly kept loving up his case

http://www.propublica.org/article/p...=darren-sharper

quote:

It was around 2 a.m. when he saw a woman he knew stumbling through the crowded club in a daze. To Stafford, the woman, a former Saints cheerleader, looked like she was sleepwalking.

Stafford became alarmed. He saw Sharper, whom he also knew, sitting in a corner with a hat pulled low, eying the woman. Stafford went up to him and asked about the woman.

Stafford said Sharper told him the woman was okay. He was taking her back to his apartment about a mile away. "She's on the potion. She's ready," he told Stafford. Sharper then took the woman's hand and walked out.

The remark chilled Stafford.

He wasn't going home with a woman, Stafford said in a recent interview, "he was going home with a zombie."

Detroit_Dogg fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 9, 2015

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Who wants to read a really terribly depressing article about Darren Sharper and how badly they repeatedly kept loving up his case

http://www.propublica.org/article/p...=darren-sharper

That's absolutely chilling. If he doesn't get more than 9 years in prison, I'm going to be very upset over the internet.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
"My daughter makes me mindful of how women are treated: undervalued and exploited," he wrote. "Which is why I feel compelled to take advantage of this
opportunity to speak up about domestic violence."

Good night

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
All games in which the Patriots win are not good games

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Lessail posted:

Them beating the Eagles in the Super Bowl was acceptable

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Lessail posted:

Exception: Buttfumble.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
here let me rush to type out all the exceptions to that statement because i, like the entire nfl, have had to endure in our asses the penises of tom brady and bill belichick so much that we repeat to ourselves as we lay awake at night "they they are good they are fun it is ok they are likeable i'm happy they won" to dull the pain. but it never fully dulls. eventually they look like they're having a down season maybe their era is finally over and maybe the dual attack of their penises are slipping out of our now gaping asses but no that is just the let up before another thrust from those two because surely by now that is the only way they can get off anymore

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Dolphins first QB ever died.

Dick Wood is an all-time great QB name. Possibly top 3.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dick Wood vs Dick Butkus for Dick name supremacy

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

the winner gets to face former Jet time management coach Dick Curl in the grand finals

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Dick Trickle loving shot himself lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Dick Wood vs Dick Butkus for Dick name supremacy

dick lane wins

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dick Wolf

Dick King

Dick Shiner

Dick Deer Slayer

Dick Vick

Dick Wood

All actual NFL Dicks

Kalli fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 9, 2015

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Kalli posted:

Dick Wolf

Dick King

Dick Shiner

Dick Deer Hunter

Dick Vick

Dick Wood

All actual NFL Dicks

?????

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's Dick Deer Slayer, which is even better.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My bad, it was Dick Deer Slayer, member of the Oorang Indians, the mostly-Native American carny as poo poo team coached by Jim Thorpe.

Also looking at old names reminds me that we should bring back the name "Dutch". That's a good no-nonsense surly sob kind of name.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
welp time to pretend "Deer" is his middle name thank you and good night

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The Lions had Dick Lane and Dick LeBeau starting in the secondary at the same time. Dick supremacy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I declare Dick Deer Slayer the winner because of course that wins what's wrong with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The real question is, was he a dick that slayed deer or was he a slayer of deer dicks? This is important people.

• Locked thread