Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Fuckssake. Wish I wasn't at work so I could read them... Kakukaku returns to save manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nate RFB posted:

:siren: TWO new Kakukaku Shikajika chapters :siren:

I'm not ready :( E: I'm dead, this manga has killed me.

jesus :cry:

Nothing like realising it's not fiction but the author desperately trying to apologise to someone who is no longer there to hear it.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I have a relatively low tolerance for drama even when it's actually done well, so I enjoy stuff like this instead:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Pokemon-Dating-a-Team-Magma-Grunt-Doujinshi

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Algid posted:

I have a relatively low tolerance for drama even when it's actually done well, so I enjoy stuff like this instead:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Pokemon-Dating-a-Team-Magma-Grunt-Doujinshi

The protagonist of Tamen de Gushi has the world's best bro and it's great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tamen De Gushi is great and you've just made me realise that I should really check other manga sites because I had no idea there were that many chapters translated.

Or maybe not, I forgot about the tiny Asian webcomic chapters thing.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 3, 2015

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Mophead is the greatest bro. It's also weird how Chinese it is, I haven't read any sort of visual novel set in modern China so it stands out a lot. I can probably probably pick up similar details from manga if I've ever lived in Japan but I haven't so it's just it's a mishmash of random things that I sort of notice but don't really connect to anything in real life.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been meaning to read Tamen De Gushi since I've already been reading 19 Days by Old Xian and Mosspaca Advertising Department which is their joint gag manga thing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I seek a manga with lots of good action and lots of good romance. Anyone got anything that might scratch my itch?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer

coathat
May 21, 2007

Banana Fish

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
New Wakabayashi Toshiya 4koma went up. A very cute, frank, and funny series of vignettes about young adult romance, I like these a lot.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When is the goddamned Love Master going to return (only to be defeated by his pursuer)?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

chumbler posted:

When is the goddamned Love Master going to return (only to be defeated by his pursuer)?

Series finale.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

:yikes:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

I agree, Team Aqua for life

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I completely forgot to read that new Stretch chapter that came out a few days back. Trip report: it's good!.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Already read and enjoyed Lucifer, and while I haven't much experience with BL manga, Banana Fish has good enough buzz to go on my list. Anything else matching my criteria?

pandabear
Apr 27, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

Already read and enjoyed Lucifer, and while I haven't much experience with BL manga, Banana Fish has good enough buzz to go on my list. Anything else matching my criteria?

Maybe these?
Tokyo Crazy Paradise (super shoujo in the beginning)
Basara (never actually gotten around to reading this)
7 Seeds

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Basara's an interesting take when your love interest is also your sworn enemy who is also technically responsible for the slaughter of your family and village. I don't feel it's perfectly executed, but it's different from your usual shoujo because of that dynamic.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Reading Bonnouji for the first time. I've been getting a little tired of just how completely self-inflicted every conflict in every chapter is (probably my fault for reading it in long sittings instead of letting it breathe), but I did enjoy how self-aware this panel seems to be :allears:

Anyways, I just kinda stumbled into this thread the other day and haven't read very much yet. I really liked Stretch, any other recommendations along those lines - mostly light and sweet in tone, but with characters that are generally reasonable and intelligent? :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

Anyways, I just kinda stumbled into this thread the other day and haven't read very much yet. I really liked Stretch, any other recommendations along those lines - mostly light and sweet in tone, but with characters that are generally reasonable and intelligent? :v:

Collectors.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

chumbler posted:

Collectors.

As long as you acknowledge that book girl is always right.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
gently caress me this is great.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Nate RFB posted:

gently caress me this is great.

And it's nice to see good stuff coming out of China. Manhua don't seem to get a lot of attention.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

chumbler posted:

Collectors.

Soylentbits posted:

As long as you acknowledge that book girl is always right.

I just finished this and it was rad. I've gotten into collecting vinyl over the last year, so I sympathized a lot with book girl.

Is there any word on if there's going to be more? Looks like it ended with chapter 13 (which was the first new chapter after the first collection), if the site I was reading on was any indication.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

abraham linksys posted:

I just finished this and it was rad. I've gotten into collecting vinyl over the last year, so I sympathized a lot with book girl.

Is there any word on if there's going to be more? Looks like it ended with chapter 13 (which was the first new chapter after the first collection), if the site I was reading on was any indication.

Uploader's Comment posted:

Volume 16 of Rakuen had chapter 21 of Collectors in it. The magazine comes out three times a year, with the next issue due out later this month, and usually has 1-2 chapters of Collectors in it (it's been a while since an issue had 2, though).
Collectors volume 1 had chapters 1-12 plus extras, so if volume 2 is going to have chapters 13-25 or so, it might be a while before it's announced. Rakuen lists upcoming tankoubon on their site, which was linked above, so you could keep an eye out for it there.

You can always find a current listing of Collectors chapters on Lililicious's Rakuen project page, if you scroll down.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

:siren: Episode 1 of Oremonogatari is up on Crunchyroll :siren:

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's called My Love Story you illiterate swine.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually, it's MY love STORY!!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Whatever you call it it's real real good!

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Xyven posted:

I still read the teacher chapters, but I don't think it's for the reasons the author intended. It's a disturbingly accurate depiction of a manipulative pedophile grooming a young boy. If you're in the mood for something that makes you feel horrified and disturbed, it's great stuff. Super hosed up that the author thinks it's romantic though

From a page back but, I don't think this is quite exactly the same, but I kinda felt the same way reading a yuri manga called Hoshikawa Ginza District 4, in which a elementary school teacher semi adopts a middle school girl and soon fall in love with each other.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Browsing for random yuri manga I started reading Yuri Danshi. It's about a guy obsessed with yuri. It's kinda funny if you don't mind the stalker-like behavior as he observes a few girls in the class. His monologue is... interesting to say the least.

"Yuri is a blessed thing. The refined and subtle actions, the warmth of a world where only girls reside... Yet also the pain of interpersonal politics and selfish intrigue. And finally those strong emotional bonds before which no hardship is an insurmountable obstacle. Verily, a finely honed mental and spiritual realm far transcending the crude conceptions of the male mind."
Naturally it was set to the background of a Marimite reference. :)

"Ah, why does yuri spur my heart to such ungovernable fluttering!"

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 10, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

why did either of you read it

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Poil posted:

To be fair, it's the school girl who takes most of the initiative. So it's not quite as bad, relatively speaking of course. And the creepiest part is the blackmail in my opinion. :gonk:
No, that's exactly as bad.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
No, that's still bad. I honestly don't know why that had to be said

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

No, that's exactly as bad.
Fair enough. I really don't want to disagree.

Cake Attack posted:

why did either of you read it
Well, I just read it today based on that post. I blame it on morbid curiosity and poor self control. It also helped that the kid was a teenager and not an actual child. Still bad of course.

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 9, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i don't understand you people

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

here is a guide to reacting like a not weird person:

- Realize a manga is for pedophiles > Stop reading the manga

- Someone talks about a creepy manga for pedophiles > Don't read the god drat manga for pedophiles

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

here is a guide to reacting like a not weird person:

- Realize a manga is for pedophiles > Stop reading the manga

- Someone talks about a creepy manga for pedophiles > Don't read the god drat manga for pedophiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I apologize. And I apologize again if it seemed like it wasn't creepy or that I was defending it, which I certainly did not mean to imply. :(