Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ICHIBAHN posted:

Can anyone recommend me a lightweight gi please? Preferably uk based. Thanks.

Tatami Zero G is supposed to be good. I haven't used it but I've been happy with their other gis and rashguards I've bought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I have a Tatami Zero G and it is light and has been durable aside from having to re-sew a belt loophole once or twice.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

How much does the lightweight jackets weigh?

I've got an inverted gear that is at 350g I think, I've seen some others at about 500g.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yah, i have a Tatami Nova. It's good but very heavy. Any other lightweight manufacturers with a decent rep? I'll probably go with the zero g.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Gameness Air is a popular pick.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I understand why the weigh in rules are what they are, and I understand why that causes people to look for light gis. But damned if I don't feel strange without a double weave. I own a couple single weaves but I never wear them because it feels like all I am wearing is a t-shirt.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The lighter the better for me, and I'm not even just talking about summer heat (not done bjj in the summer yet). I just much prefer the speed and fluidity of no gi, so a gi as close to that feeling as possible is the ideal. I went for the Gameness one btw. Cheers.

awkward_turtle
Oct 26, 2007
swimmer in a goon sea

ICHIBAHN posted:

The lighter the better for me, and I'm not even just talking about summer heat (not done bjj in the summer yet). I just much prefer the speed and fluidity of no gi, so a gi as close to that feeling as possible is the ideal. I went for the Gameness one btw. Cheers.

Sounds like you've already made your decision but I'm partial to the lighter weight KINGZ gis. They're cut with a long torso to arm and leg ratio, and fit me a lot better than most gis.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
nice one, I've gone for the other one. I'll leery you know how it holds up

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

So im about three months in and I've injured myself, well maybe not myself, but im injured.

The closest thing I can say is that it feels like they describe a golfers elbow, I feel a small pain constantly in the muscle attached to the elbow. When I roll it hurts alot more, while I've only been doing drilling and technique and avoiding sparring for almost two weeks now, it still hasnt gotten better.

Does anyone here got any experience with this sort of thing? I've been told to take anti inflammatory pills for five days and rest alot, and see if it helps.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
accidentally stole someone's white belt at jujitsu yesterday. feel terrible. in other news, new gameness lightweight gi was SUPERB. much lighter than normal, much more freedom of movement. 

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Anyone else watching the Freestyle World Cup?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

JHomer722 posted:

Anyone else watching the Freestyle World Cup?

I didn't catch the first round but I was planning on watching the USA-Russia dual just coming up now

Link to the free stream for anyone who is interested.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

Do you know when each dual's line up is announced? Do they pretty much stay consistent, barring injury? I'm curious if they're going to sub Pico in for Metcalf in any of them.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

JHomer722 posted:

Do you know when each dual's line up is announced? Do they pretty much stay consistent, barring injury? I'm curious if they're going to sub Pico in for Metcalf in any of them.

No clue, I assumed it would be the same lineups. Did Pico even weigh in?

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

Thoguh posted:

No clue, I assumed it would be the same lineups. Did Pico even weigh in?

Yeah, he weighed in and is eligible to wrestle, if called on. I like Metcalf, but want to see how Pico does at this level.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Team USA singlets just make it look like all our wrestlers have swamp rear end.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Team USA singlets just make it look like all our wrestlers have swamp rear end.

lol that threw me off earlier. Guess it's not as hot in the arena as I thought.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

Is your stream super laggy, too?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

JHomer722 posted:

Is your stream super laggy, too?

Naw, haven't had any trouble.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
And Burroughs improves to 100-2 in his international career. The guy is just on another level.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

what a stud

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
How much longer is this running/any good wrestlers coming up?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Seltzer posted:

How much longer is this running/any good wrestlers coming up?

There is another round of duals tonight (though the USA is done for today after this one) and then a full day of matches tomorrow.

To your second question, the lineups are full of Olympic and World medalists. Lots of really good wrestlers on the mat this weekend.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

I know people like to make fun of Lindland for being a doof, but he seems like a good coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPoS_OkenY

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Really gotta start paying more attention to this thread on weekends. :smith:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Alreet, looking for some advice. I do BJJ and recently I've been getting slight pains at the back of my ears and knuckle joints (not my thumb and forefinger though for some reason). Anyone had anything like this before? Any advice? Cheers.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Kekekela posted:

Really gotta start paying more attention to this thread on weekends. :smith:

There's a whole nother day of Freestyle World Cup today. Here's the schedule from the website (times are PDT). In French because SAS is cultured like that.

11:00
Compétition – session 3
Finales 7/8 – 5/6 - toutes les catégories

16:15
Finales 3/4 - toutes les catégories

17:45
Finales 1/2 - toutes les categories
Cérémonies protocolaires

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Finals are probably going to be USA vs whoever wins the Iran/Azerbaijan dual this morning. Russia sent their B squad but still have a good shot at third.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

Iran/Azerbaijan should be a good match; apparently the Azerbaijannis have looked really sharp.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Ed Ruth :swoon:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10155354358445167

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

Final between Iran and US just started!

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

JHomer722 posted:

Final between Iran and US just started!

i watched the russian/azerbaijan one, is this one on the same mat/stream?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

why did the iranian flip out and then win the 57 kg thing

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

Yuriy posted:

i watched the russian/azerbaijan one, is this one on the same mat/stream?

It's on Mat A. Here's the link: https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/world-cup-senior-7

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

Yuriy posted:

why did the iranian flip out and then win the 57 kg thing

I have no idea. Freestyle rules are :confused: Sure is exciting, though.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

ill be real, this has been really entertaining, its like the best parts of mma scrambles in wrasslin' but without any of the awful clinching or wrassler kickboxin'

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

Burroughs' double legs are a bigger threat to Iran than their nuclear program is to us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

JHomer722 posted:

Burroughs' double legs are a bigger threat to Iran than their nuclear program is to us

he is so loving neat to watch and i look forward to his post-wrestling mma career