Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:
https://soundcloud.com/bitters-kiss/the-rope

^literally me irl right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe1Tb08H-AA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Shaggar posted:

racist garbage.

:ironicat:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
amazing

quote:

When Google Capital met local services company Thumbtack last year, its partner David Lawee assured the San Francisco startup’s cofounders that the search giant was not personally interested in expanding into the space. In fact, it was his word that helped Google Capital seal a deal to lead a $100 million round of investment into a company that helps connect users with service providers such as handymen, plumbers and wedding DJs.

(...)

On Tuesday, Buzzfeed first reported that Google is working to create a new product in the home services market. Sources confirmed to FORBES that the Mountain View, Calif.-based technology giant is working on an offering through its ads team that will allow customers to connect with roofers and repairmen and put it in direct competition with Thumbtack and Amazon.com, which launched its own home service provider marketplace last week.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2015/04/07/after-investing-in-a-local-services-startup-google-turns-arounds-and-builds-a-competitor/

also rip google moderator

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Tangra posted:

how many watchlists do you think you're on?

e: :nsa:

dta

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

quote:

Buttercoin, a bitcoin exchange startup backed by Y Combinator and Google Ventures, is closing its doors this month after failing to raise new investment.

“Buttercoin will be turning off our service on April 10th at 11PM Pacific,” the company said in a note on its website. “Be sure to move your bitcoins to another service and remove your dollar balances by Friday April 10th at 11PM.”

http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/06/buttercoin-bitcoin-closing/

so it was google who was paying off all the buttcoiner shills. the path for bitcoin to overthrow the dollar is finally free

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
why the gently caress would you name your product/service/anything "buttercoin"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
thats such a double standard like you wouldnt trust all your assets to a fiat bank called butterbucks

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

poty posted:

thats such a double standard like you wouldnt trust all your assets to a fiat bank called butterbucks

backed by kerrygold

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Beeftweeter posted:

why the gently caress would you name your product/service/anything "buttercoin"

who the gently caress even invests in something called buttercoin

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
paula deen

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

http://thenextweb.com/google/2015/04/08/youtube-will-soon-let-you-pay-to-remove-ads-but-content-creators-cant-opt-out/

holy poo poo

Google cutting off ad revenue for YouTube channels.

don't agree to the terms and your vids are made unviewable.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
uhhhh it looks like you still get paid when no-ads subscribers watch your videos

edit: anyway if you make a living off of internet ad revenue (like google) you should know you're walking on a tightrope and you're kind of an idiot

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

"if you make a living off of ephemeral technology you should know you're walking on a tightrope and you're kind of an idiot" - a yosposter

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

PleasureKevin posted:

http://thenextweb.com/google/2015/04/08/youtube-will-soon-let-you-pay-to-remove-ads-but-content-creators-cant-opt-out/

holy poo poo

Google cutting off ad revenue for YouTube channels.

don't agree to the terms and your vids are made unviewable.

does this mean goog will try to stop adblock from working? or are a few dorks blocking ads not impactful enough for them to bother?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

fleshweasel posted:

edit: anyway if you make a living off of internet ad revenue (like google) you should know you're walking on a tightrope and you're kind of an idiot

oh, you pulled yourself up from your bootstraps and offered people entertainment they valued and agreed to a contract when building your brand? looks like you're the sad fucker here.

haha.. seriously? you're a voice with serious star power and a bright future? pathetic imo!!!!

lmfao you were Time magazine person of the year because "you" were empowered to make a living from "your" content on "your" channel. "you're are" the laughing stock of the internet!

ok but really this is the tech bubble poo poo that will happen to uber and all other crowd-laboured poo poo. long live the 1% and such.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

compuserved posted:

does this mean goog will try to stop adblock from working? or are a few dorks blocking ads not impactful enough for them to bother?

i see ads on youtube with ad blocker pro as it is ...

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i don't see any with ublock

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Celexi posted:

i don't see any with adblock plus

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

normal adblock and adblock edge and alll the silly forks block them aswel

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i leave ads on to support my favorite youtubers and also whitelist sites i goto.....

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Smythe posted:

i leave ads on to support my favorite youtubers and also whitelist sites i goto.....

I like this idea but I like even more the idea of every marketing person on earth having to eat cat food and newspaper to avoid starvation

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

THC posted:

I like this idea but I like even more the idea of every marketing person on earth having to eat cat food and newspaper to avoid starvation

why?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

because bill hicks say so

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Last Chance posted:

because bill hicks say so

oh?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I don't think they should die or kill themselves. that's mean. I just think they should not be able to make a living that way

if they have some other skill they can use to find work, they won't even have to starve in my brave new ad-free world

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

THC posted:

I don't think they should die or kill themselves. that's mean. I just think they should not be able to make a living that way

if they have some other skill they can use to find work, they won't even have to starve in my brave new ad-free world

so you would condemn pagancow to poverty?

:hfive:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
with the black background it looks like the one on the left is poking the right one's eyes out

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

A Pinball Wizard posted:

so you would condemn pagancow to poverty?

:hfive:

yes

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i love photos of communist cities in the 80s

no billboards, little neon

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

go to vermont some time, it's amazing how nice not having billboards everywhere is.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Sudo Echo posted:

go to vermont some time, it's amazing how nice not having billboards everywhere is.

missouri too, oddly

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

neon is good

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

horse mans posted:

neon is good

if i had my way neon signs would be the only legal advertising

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
search for something something timezone
"did you mean something something time zone"
sure, why not, click on the link
results show pages with "timezone" bolded

whatever

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Wheany posted:

search for something something timezone
"did you mean something something time zone"
sure, why not, click on the link
results show pages with "timezone" bolded

whatever
if you want to do conversions between things, wolfram alpha is way better than google

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Google purges bad extensions from Chrome

Tens of millions of users who visit Google sites use a browser loaded with malicious add-ons, research suggests.

Most rogue extensions bombard people with ads, but the most malicious steal login names and other valuable data.

Carried out by security experts and Google, the project analysed more than 100 million visits to the search giant's sites.

It led to Google purging almost 200 bad extensions from its online catalogues of browser add-ons.

:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

countdown until all ad blocking extensions marked malicious

• Locked thread