Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Sash! posted:

I would be unhappy if there was a rule that your color scheme had to match your team name's colors. Tan and white boy am I excited

I'm pretty sure this would make like 95% of college teams wear some shade of brown. Although it might be worth it just to see what Hawaii would have to wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Michigan State would be a team full of handsome buff men with bare midriffs.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

We would be the same. Us and Tulane.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Michigan State would be a team full of handsome buff men with bare midriffs.

Jersey would look like one of those t-shirts with muscles printed on it

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Fluffdaddy posted:

We would be the same. Us and Tulane.
Syracuse, Duke, Stanford, and North Texas would also stay the same.

So would a bunch of Ivy League schools (Cornell, Brown, Dartmouth, and Harvard). Brown wouldn't change their colors because their teams are named after the color, but because brown bears are, in fact, brown.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Any sign of this rivalry coming back?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnGgxBc9nAs

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
God I wish, but no.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thermos H Christ posted:

God I wish, but no.

I kinda like you guys having the final say-so indefinitely

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Penn State: tan and white
Michigan: black and brown
Ohio State: green and brown
Nebraska: green and yellow
Wisconsin: black and white
Iowa: dark brown and light brown?
Maryland: also dark brown and light brown
Rutgers: red and silver
Northwestern: gray and white
Minnesota: dark brown and tan
Illinois: there is no good way to say "Native American colored"
Indiana: uh...?
Purdue: beer color and whiskey color
Michigan State: copper and red

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT: good luck

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

God, it owns that A&M got Case McCoy'd.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
University of Florida:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Every team called the Tigers would just like the Cincinnati Bengals or Princeton.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Does Florida have a gator on campus? Also what is its name? And do they bring it to the games?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PostNouveau posted:

Does Florida have a gator on campus? Also what is its name? And do they bring it to the games?

The mascot Albert was originally a live gator back in the 1950s.

But gators in Florida are under pretty strict protection now. I don't think they could keep one as a live mascot anymore, or maybe they just wouldn't want to.

Actual gators are pretty scary and they're everywhere in Florida. There was a story a while back about some stupid runner taking her shoes off and putting her feet in the water of a canal or lake. All they found were her shoes because a gator grabbed her and drug her into the water lol.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Crotch Bat posted:

VT: good luck

I guess it'd be turkey colors.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Orange and black with horrifying yellow accents?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So it turns out the homeless kid from Baylor was offered NCAA-approved housing and turned it down to go live elsewhere and basically Baylor's compliance department told him he was making a mistake and he ignored them. Because of that the NCAA has ruled him permanently ineligible.

Regardless of individual thoughts on the NCAA we live in an age where even they bow to public pressure so you know when they double down and rule a kid out like this that he hosed up and that's pretty much exactly what happened. Baylor gave him housing, told him what would happen if he went somewhere else, and the kid did it anyway.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

The instant mental image of "NCAA-approved housing" is a radiator and a chain.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Got goosebumps all over again watching this. Owns that it ended this way.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Anals of History posted:

The instant mental image of "NCAA-approved housing" is a radiator and a chain.

With a hacksaw and some dude chained up across from you

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

It looks good but under very rare occasions, like the lining on a Detroit Tigers logo, or the Astros old dope jerseys, or uh, okay I don't know anything outside of sports apparently. A sunset, that involves orange right?

Sakuraba's trunks

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

But gators in Florida are under pretty strict protection now. I don't think they could keep one as a live mascot anymore, or maybe they just wouldn't want to.

Actual gators are pretty scary and they're everywhere in Florida. There was a story a while back about some stupid runner taking her shoes off and putting her feet in the water of a canal or lake. All they found were her shoes because a gator grabbed her and drug her into the water lol.

People still go swimming in Lake Alice which has a ton of gators (people are dumb).

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

N: Morgantown, due to a healthy average of 300 street fires per year for the past decade, has come to a point where they are now banning outdoor upholstered furniture.

V: :laffo:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

N: Morgantown, due to a healthy average of 300 street fires per year for the past decade, has come to a point where they are now banning outdoor upholstered furniture.

V: :laffo:

When burning couches becomes outlawed, only outlaws will burn couches.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ehud posted:

"lol," the reaction of native Floridians to people being murdered by large reptiles.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Isn't there also a huge invasive snake population in Florida because people get small ones as pets and dump them near the 'glades or wherever when they get big?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yes. Burmese pythons.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Isn't there also a huge invasive snake population in Florida because people get small ones as pets and dump them near the 'glades or wherever when they get big?

Yea. Burmese Pythons

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

vyst posted:

Yea. Burmese Pythons

Yeah, and they're there for good now. Thanks Florida.

I believe they've also started populations of a more aggressive anole, monitor lizards and some large African rat.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Henchman of Santa posted:

"lol," the reaction of native Floridians to people being murdered by large reptiles.

Yeah it owns.

I just can't wrap my head around people who swim in canals and lakes, or people who spend time around the edge of those bodies of water. I remember being a little kid and having it beaten into my brain that you just don't do that in Florida. Our dog almost got eaten when she sat on the edge of a canal barking at an alligator :ohdear:

When I used to visit my dad he lived in a subdivision with a man-made pond/lake and there were several gators that would just hang out in the streets like they owned the place. They are the epitome of :colbert: in terms of territory.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah they keep finding huge pythons everywhere. Floridians are stupid.

Bonus picture I took in Savannah, GA of an alligator that almost ate me:

And here is a list of people who got killed by alligators:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_alligator_attacks_in_the_United_States_by_decade

And here are some totally cool alligator gifs:

This cat is :catstare:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I sat on a gator once at Gator World.

Also Michigan is making a bid for best named recruit of 2016, getting a commitment from running back Matt Falcon.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The best alligator story: http://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/alligator2

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

:lol:

Thanks Archer

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I am ready for football. Is it football yet.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Alligators in Florida are bad, but Saltwater Crocodiles in Australia are so much worse. There are stories of big bulls flipping boats and coming way up on shore to get at people. In Darwin they build artificial beaches since Salties can live in the ocean and there are more of them up that way than people. It is truly spectacular to watch these huge like 17' bastard get the majority of his body straight up out of the water with no warning right next to you. Not to be hosed with.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
About the only place I see alligators here is on golf courses oddly enough.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I drive a Chevrolet movie theater

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Emron posted:

I am ready for football. Is it football yet.

Is It College Football Season Yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That number is way higher than I thought it would be, and now I'm sad.

• Locked thread