Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

duz posted:

He changed the medium, the style is the same. (I prefer his stamps too)

That particular image looks kinda hosed up- like it's been blown up and tilted or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The second one is awkward because you have to read the tickers on the building sides to get the message.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

Dear god that is ugly as sin.

But it does give me hope that Ruben Bolling will make a new Top Secret Files of Dick Cheney comic!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

duz posted:

He changed the medium, the style is the same. (I prefer his stamps too)

Demanding that someone continue making woodcuts of all things is completely unreasonable, but I also don't like the change. His style just looks bad in crayon or whatever he's using now.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If Latuff were alive during WWII he'd have an extensive collection of pro-Nazi propaganda.
Are we assuming he doesn't?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Nativity In Black posted:

Am I being dense or is this cartoon supporting AQAP?

It is.

If Latuff were alive during WWII he'd have an extensive collection of pro-Nazi propaganda.
I think the problem here is that you're both not terribly well-informed about what's happening in Yemen, otherwise you'd be accusing Latuff of supporting the Houthis or even Salah. al-Qaeda is basically a side-show taking advantage of the chaos by the main attraction - the showdown between the Houthis/Salah supporters and Saudi-backed Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi. I don't think Latuff supports any of these groups or people, he just really doesn't like countries like Saudi Arabia playing empire in other countries.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I see it as more anti-Saudi than pro-anything. Don't see how you could read it in a way where all these bayonets are good.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

It is.

You are both dense, Latuff is supporting the Houthis. Saudi Arabia is in Yemen explicitly because of the Iranian backed Houthi's ousting of the Saudi Arabian backed Yemeni government. AQAP is kind of unrelated to Saudi Arabia stepping in.

edit: beaten, but here's a link about the Saudi assault on Houthi positions

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Selachian posted:

The second one is awkward because you have to read the tickers on the building sides to get the message.

Yeah, it's a clever idea but the execution's kinda whacked. A giant football stadium cheering with a jumbotron saying that might've worked better.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Speaking of Latuff, I'm not sure what this is about but I love it:

quote:

Secretário de Educação de Novo Hamburgo (RS) Alberto Carabajal e a situação dos professores

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

R. Mute posted:

I think the problem here is that you're both not terribly well-informed about what's happening in Yemen, otherwise you'd be accusing Latuff of supporting the Houthis or even Salah. al-Qaeda is basically a side-show taking advantage of the chaos by the main attraction - the showdown between the Houthis/Salah supporters and Saudi-backed Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi. I don't think Latuff supports any of these groups or people, he just really doesn't like countries like Saudi Arabia playing empire in other countries.

And so the siren song of ignorance calls you back.
Missed u ~<3

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

My Latuff-sense was tingling.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oooh this one's really going to piss off my friend

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

God what happened to pirvacy, you know? You can't shoot an unarmed person 8 times in the back before planting evidence on his corpse anymore.

Also JRRRose can't draw hands.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Was about to say "wow McCoy finally says something nut utterly reprehensible. Then I realized he kinda missed the point entirely.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Whenever someone misinterprets Latuff, the small statuette of Goku I keep on my desk starts jackhammering the accompanying Piñera statuette.

They're only monitoring this thread or otherwise Goku'd just never get a rest.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Obviously McCoy is just trying to show how terrible conditions are for Christians elsewhere and thus backing a cake for a deaf lesbian couple is not something worth getting upset about.

And once again McCoy is right, people need to go to unreasonable lengths to ensure that their rights are protected in the face of police violence. AGC.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 9, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Oh my loving god is he complaining about there being video evidence of a cop murdering someone?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
lion of obama, jah

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

R. Mute posted:

Speaking of Latuff, I'm not sure what this is about but I love it:

Bobagem, este é um ano de eleições!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh my loving god is he complaining about there being video evidence of a cop murdering someone?
No, he's complaining about the American surveillance state and culture that records everyone at all times. The fact that he's only bothered by this because a cop was recorded murdering someone is purely coincidental.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

That cop is eyeing the black dude in a hoodie and thinks how to do it without getting recorded by any cameras.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

lion of obama, jah

kill me

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

:chanpop:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

lion of obama, jah

I don't like the new art style in Animal Nuz.

Bawook Chewbama

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 9, 2015

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Jesus Christ, look at those deformed hand monstrosities.

lion of obama, jah

Maybe a certain cartoonist should reread the story of Daniel in the lion's den.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Waaaaah!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Why are you worried if you have nothing illegal to hide Glenn, hmmmm?? :grin:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Jesus Christ, look at those deformed hand monstrosities.

I keep picturing that woman's upraised hand whipping around like a knobbly tentacle. A squid with knuckles.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Iron Lyin Zion.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Ohhh I think I get it, the lion is actually wearing an Obama mask.

Wait, nope. Lost it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Don't recall seeing either of these.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jedit posted:

I'm not black or anything but I have known about this "talk" since I was a kid. Basically, get ready to be submissive to a degree you didn't even know was possible if you ever even breathe that a cop is around. If you're black, that is.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 9, 2015

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

Internet Kraken posted:

I know some of you guys looking at old political stuff so I thought I'd share this insane piece of Nazi propaganda I found earlier.

That's actually norwegian propaganda (an additional dutch version exists). It is WWII era though, from 1944.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

lion of obama, jah

Israel is flanked by dangerous nations that were supposed to deal with it but instead refuse to do anything remotely harmful to it and devour those that threaten it. AGC.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lion with Obama mask is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah, it's a clever idea but the execution's kinda whacked. A giant football stadium cheering with a jumbotron saying that might've worked better.

I agree, this could have been better, and it's really because Darrin Bell has been really good and I hold him to a high calibur.

Jedit posted:

:smith:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Jedit posted:

And then some rear end in a top hat comes in saying #alllivesmatter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuco
Jul 24, 2006

I look good too!

zoux posted:

Oooh this one's really going to piss off my friend

He must have a sense of humor, because I can see this pissing of people who have that.

• Locked thread