Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

brokenknee posted:

so i'm minding my own business, when i overhear that the most retarded poo poo is going on in Mor Dhona. Basically, Mor Dhona being Mor Dhona. I go to check it out, popcorn in hand.

IN THIS EPISODE WE HAVE ... gently caress it, just...

:catstare:

fellow goon's perspective:

I was gonna say som of those names looked familiar. I'm ashamed to be from Balmung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

hobbesmaster posted:

But without alliance chat on how do you laugh at the tanks fighting with each other?

i dont lose aggro to scrubs

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Vil posted:

If you meet the 2-star requirements, get your master 1 book for something, craft a shitload of artisan turn-in HQ tokens for that craft (Spruce Plywood, Darksteel Hook, etc.), and get the non-crafted artisan leftside gear (i70, not to be confused with the crafted artisan leftside gear which is i60, is better, and is a poo poo-ton more expensive).

Those items are basically like fully melded crafter AF, minus a whopping 1 in each stat. Won't last forever but they're really good for their relatively minimal cost/effort, and they're usable across all crafting classes.

Which, if you ask me, makes them priceless for conserving bag space.

necessary voodoo
Nov 4, 2010

brokenknee posted:

so i'm minding my own business, when i overhear that the most retarded poo poo is going on in Mor Dhona. Basically, Mor Dhona being Mor Dhona. I go to check it out, popcorn in hand.

This is pretty tame compared to when the female*-only guild was promoting in the Saucer.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Something I've been wondering about, and I want to hear from the healers and warriors on this.

For you meat axes: As a warrior, do you expect a healer to know when you go Berserk, and to esuna/leech the pacification, do you let them know, or do you not care?

For you fellow healers: Do you feel like warriors who do have notifications that they're using berserk are doing it properly, or are they expecting the healer to cater to their whims? Are you more likely to esuna/leech someone who tells your, or doesn't tell you?

Discuss, I want to hear your thoughts, goons.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

brokenknee posted:

Something I've been wondering about, and I want to hear from the healers and warriors on this.

For you meat axes: As a warrior, do you expect a healer to know when you go Berserk, and to esuna/leech the pacification, do you let them know, or do you not care?

For you fellow healers: Do you feel like warriors who do have notifications that they're using berserk are doing it properly, or are they expecting the healer to cater to their whims? Are you more likely to esuna/leech someone who tells your, or doesn't tell you?

I've played both and my opinion from both sides is I don't give a poo poo. If I'm tanking it doesn't matter and if I'm healing I will esuna basically any debuff asap regardless of macros.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Pacify macros always strike me as incredibly self-important. For instance in T13, Berserk is ready for it's second go during the second set of Earthshakers which means the timing works out so that you should hit Pacify right before or during Gigaflare. If the DPS pushes hard enough you can be pacified while the first add spawns, which is problematic. That's YOUR PROBLEM, though. You should know if that's going to happen or not.

Second, in the time it takes for the healers to notice pacify, switch to you, hit the button, and get it off you, they're by and large maybe giving you what? 2 seconds? It's so inconsequential that it's nice to have, but I would never EXPECT it. It's a waste of their time and yours to plan around it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

brokenknee posted:

I play for both sides. As a Warrior, I don't give a crap. This is my primary reason for having Flash CCed, to keep my threat rolling.

As a SCH, I leech the crash when it happens, but only if I've got the GCD to spare. Don't care if they tell me or not, I'm staring at the HP bars anyways, kind of hard to not notice.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
As SCH, I almost never leech the pacify, because it takes the better part of 2 GCDs to do and I almost always have better things to do with them. It's 1.5 of my GCDs versus 1 of theirs, and the math doesn't really check out.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Pacify's a little vacation! Talk to your friends in FC chat, take a drink of your pepsi, text your mom, she misses hearing from you.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's also 1 or 2 free TP regen ticks, which is really useful when you're not in defiance.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

I just flash once. It makes me feel special.

Like all the hate is out of my body, look at this rainbow!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
If I don't have anything better to do I'll Leeches the pacify, just to look like a Good Healer Who Is On The Ball. It's pretty unnecessary but it's something to do while my DoTs are ticking and nobody needs healing.

gently caress you if you have a macro that's like <se.2><se.2><se.2> {Pacify} {Esuna} {Leeches} {Please do it for me.} though. You can enjoy your couple of dead GCDs.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

brokenknee posted:

It's two GCDs. If I cast flash twice then I'll be unpacified while still in GCD for the second flash. There's probably better poo poo for the healer to be concerned with.

If there's nothing for the healer to be doing and I'm pacified then I'd rather they threw a DoT on the boss or something.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

brokenknee posted:

I keep thinking I should make a macro for Berserk but I can't be arsed can't think of an obnoxious enough line for it.

It's nice if a healer catches the Pacify, but I've never once encountered a situation where the downtime was a problem.

As a healer, I like to catch it because it satisfies the OCD but that is the only reason.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
you could also just make an obnoxious macro to make sure that you don't get your pacify cleaned

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Won big on gold and platinum packs, got my three favorite FF games repped now.

Two more then I can go :effort: the GC leaders to death with 3 star cards. Triple Triad owns.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

you could also just make an obnoxious macro to make sure that you don't get your pacify cleaned

I hate these so much.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
From a few pages back, but I was curious enough to look into it:

Popehoist posted:

I wonder if that dude who stars in the Highbridge FATE and has those 2 catgirls on his dick still has all the funny sexual innuendo in the japanese script. probably not.

In the JP version, Hunberct Longhaft is "Hunberct the Razor", where he's just very vain and followed around by a retinue of fangirls, instead of constantly dropping innuendo about all the sex he's having with his subordinates. Compare their generic dialogue when you talk to them:

JP version posted:

すまないが、キミを入れる空きはないんだよ。入隊希望のレディが多すぎてね。ふふ。
[Sorry, but there aren't any vacancies for you to fill. There's just too many ladies who want to enlist, y'know? Haha.]

EN version posted:

My unit is not unlike a machine. Each part interlocking, and running best when well oiled... if you know what I mean. If you're looking to join, well, then I'm afraid I must disappoint. Another hand on the lever is the last thing I need.

Even the flavor text of items from his moogle mail quest reflect the difference:

JP version, "Parcel Addressed to Hunberct" posted:

シルフ族の商人から送られたフンベルクト宛の小包
[A small parcel from a Sylph merchant, addressed to Hunberct.]

EN version, "Hunberct's Package" posted:

A new package for Hunberct Longhaft (not that he was dissatisfied with his current one).

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 9, 2015

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I can't believe he's still going on about his lever at a time like this. People have lost their homes!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I can't believe he's still going on about his lever at a time like this. People have lost their homes!

And when those homes are rebuilt they'll need to be repopulated, he's the man for both jobs.

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Countblanc posted:

"Gg." is also acceptable.

i prefer the classic "lol owned".

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

brokenknee posted:

That Blair Ipswich guy/girl/guycatgirl has tried to get me back to his FC house on multiple occasions. One time I went and his catgirl was stripped down and I was like "lol bye"

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

cheetah7071 posted:

Alliance chat is fine because of the people who say nothing except "rip" right after wipes.

#rekt is my personal favorite as I am a child.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

brokenknee posted:

Timing berserk properly so that pacification happens during downtime in fights is an important part of being great at warrioring.

Any fight I do long enough or grind I eventually figure out how many gcds I have until I can berserk so that it wears off just as a jump or phase change or something happens.

For trash in dungeons or whatever, I just unloaded a tp bar's worth of maim-berserk-unchained-internal release'd overpowers, it is impossible to pull off me and two gcds of tp recovery is completely welcome.

The last time I remember caring about pacify was when I'd have an rl friend heal for me in CT1 when it was current and we'd collude to win threat fights and eat bahamut meteors and other showoff poo poo, but mostly threat fights. Though now by the time pacify happens in any threat fight I get into there's generally a clear winner by then, or I timed it for a jump, so vOv

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

I love the localization team for this game. Hunberct Longhaft is the best

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boten Anna posted:

Timing berserk properly so that pacification happens during downtime in fights is an important part of being great at warrioring.

Any fight I do long enough or grind I eventually figure out how many gcds I have until I can berserk so that it wears off just as a jump or phase change or something happens.

For trash in dungeons or whatever, I just unloaded a tp bar's worth of maim-berserk-unchained-internal release'd overpowers, it is impossible to pull off me and two gcds of tp recovery is completely welcome.

The last time I remember caring about pacify was when I'd have an rl friend heal for me in CT1 when it was current and we'd collude to win threat fights and eat bahamut meteors and other showoff poo poo, but mostly threat fights. Though now by the time pacify happens in any threat fight I get into there's generally a clear winner by then, or I timed it for a jump, so vOv

How do you eat meteors I want to do this. Does Hallowed Ground/Holmgang work?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Robo Reagan posted:

How do you eat meteors I want to do this. Does Hallowed Ground/Holmgang work?

No it will blast through holmgang or hallowed. However, it does a flat 9999 damage and that's easily beatable as a warrior and even possible to beat as a paladin.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Fun uses for holmgang: you can interrupt casts of lots of spells/skills as long as you're towards the max range for holmgang because you'll actually pull the mob towards you. Ahk Morn is another fun one. Another good use is the slime boss in AK. When he targets a party member, grab him right before he runs off to smack them and he'll just sit and flail helplessly in the air.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It's probably time I level a melee DPS. DRG seems to have the lowest amount of bullshit to deal with.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

brokenknee posted:

Generally healing pacification results in the healer trading one of their GCDs for one of the warrior's. Also generally, the healer can do more damage with that GCD than the warrior would. Also having a macro announcing when you're pacified is really obnoxious because nobody cares.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fun uses for holmgang: you can interrupt casts of lots of spells/skills as long as you're towards the max range for holmgang because you'll actually pull the mob towards you. Ahk Morn is another fun one.

Please tell me you have a video of this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also pacification isn't really a big deal. You can still flash and thanks to the extra enmity generated by flash it's fine for even snap aggro of new adds. I've had to grab adds in t13 before with no problem when pacified because we pushed a bit faster than I expected.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Eight-Six posted:

Please tell me you have a video of this.

We've got one version in our first clear of t13. I'll grab the video link in a sec. The method we used then was I would provoke bahamut and holmgang the second ahk morn while our PLD covered me. Now we use it instead on the third one and the healers just ignore me and top off the pld. I have to activate right at the end of the cast to ensure I survive, but I'm fine to go right back to what I was doing after.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Pretty much every kill video you will see of T13 uses this so it's not really a cool trick.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

It's still a cool trick. It's just not a unique or new trick.

Also Nthing the whole warrior pacify thing. Even if it does get unexpectedly removed, I'm generally mid-Flash anyway, so whatever. And a tank who has countdown macros or otherwise whines for it to be removed, accomplishes nothing except to annoy me when I'm healing and ensure that I won't even try to remove it. (Otherwise, sometimes I might if I'm bored.)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vil posted:

It's still a cool trick. It's just not a unique or new trick.

Exactly.

Here's the provoke/holmgang I was talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YGpxWHH0Ag&t=597s

I don't have video of how we do it now, but the 7 man posted earlier does.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I think what happened is that they assumed you meant Holmgang used at max range interrupts Akh Morn, when you just meant it's one of like the two times I'd actually say it's a useful cooldown besides Giant Baravoir

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

You can interrupt on Leviathan with holmgang. It feels exciting at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It is insanely cool to get blasted by Akh Morn and see huge 5-digit numbers pop up and still be standing.

• Locked thread