Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Expedition Everest opened today nine years ago! That's crazy to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

The Fantaysland Equivalent of "gently caress the Police"

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

MagicKingdomOnAWeekend.jpg

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

If anyone cares, tickets for the Halloween & Christmas parties went on sale today. I was planning on going to the Halloween party on Halloween, but then I saw the price, said gently caress that, and bought tickets for Oct 27.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Happitoo posted:

If anyone cares, tickets for the Halloween & Christmas parties went on sale today. I was planning on going to the Halloween party on Halloween, but then I saw the price, said gently caress that, and bought tickets for Oct 27.

Fuuuck yeah. I'm going to the 9/22 one.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Oh that is when you move it to BFE and bury it where they won't find it for hours.

Also they are Gator fans so gently caress them. Push it into a retention pond.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Well I don't see any "no parking" signs on the inside of that rope.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

It was always fun watching people come out of a ride and panic when they can't find the stroller they left improperly parked and a CM moved to the proper area.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Happitoo posted:

We're going to the Nov 13 MVMCP! :dance:

RE: Strollers. I am so excited to be going sans stroller this trip. I hate dealing with them. I know you CMs have to move them around and stuff but I hate that so much. I'll just not bring one and save y'all the trouble, ok?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

skipdogg posted:

It was always fun watching people come out of a ride and panic when they can't find the stroller they left improperly parked and a CM moved to the proper area.

I particularly loved moving ECVs, since they always flipped the gently caress out.

The worse you park it, the farther most people will move it. The one in the picture above would be moved to Jungle Cruise most likely. Or the river of America.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Gettin' antsy. We leave Sunday for a week at the Poly. Sadly, the bungalows are a little outside our budget. Got dinner ADR at BOG the day we arrive.

I'll post pics when I get back.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
How bad are the water park crowds in April?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Lincoln posted:

Gettin' antsy. We leave Sunday for a week at the Poly. Sadly, the bungalows are a little outside our budget. Got dinner ADR at BOG the day we arrive.

I'll post pics when I get back.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE

I feel your excitement. Leaving Saturday for nine days. I'm checking my plans every day to make sure I've covered everything.

The weather has me bummed just a bit. I don't care that it looks rainy next week, but the forecast temperature keeps going up. I was hoping for low 80s and how it's pushing into the 90s.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

When it's raining, that's the best time to be at the parks. People clear out and the lines are short.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Braksgirl posted:

When it's raining, that's the best time to be at the parks. People clear out and the lines are short.

More people have caught onto this, so it's not as effective anymore. Unless it rains ALL DAY. Then the park is your oyster.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

More people have caught onto this, so it's not as effective anymore. Unless it rains ALL DAY. Then the park is your oyster.

DAMMIT.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
My wife and leave for Disney the first week of may. Meeting some family there who have annual passes and have everything planned for us. Looks like the only thing we are going to miss is the BOG dinner unless things change somehow. Thats not a huge priority on our list we just wanted to enjoy it with her niece who is 6. For the last couple of months we have put extra money in the jar as our "eat our way through Epcot" fund and I can't wait to gain some weight with all the beer and cocktails and food I will be eating. It also comes at a perfect time because we both just finished our no meat for 3 months. I am so excited that I can eat whatever I want there.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The food at this year's flower and garden festival is really good and you'll have a great time. Try the Jalapeno beer at the America booth for a wild experience.

Speaking of Be Our Guest, I'm taking my little cousins (7 & 8) for their first trip to Disney this weekend and we snagged breakfast there, kind of hesitant of the prices but I guess it's not too bad considering it includes drinks and everything compared to lunch/dinner. It's the only themed dining we're doing so I think they'll love it. If anyone's been for breakfast, which dishes do you recommend?

also;

quote:

Kellogg's® Cereal - $12.99
Choice of Kellogg's® Cereal with Milk, Fresh Fruit, and a selection of pastries

:lol:

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 9, 2015

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

It was pouring the first time we went to Hollywood Studios, didn't really affect crowds too much to be honest. Everyone just wearing their ponchos and running around. When you spend the coin to go to WDW you don't let a little water slow you down.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Disney has some cool VIP packages for Star Wars Weekends. Oh by the way the most expensive one is $399 per person welp.

http://www.worldofwalt.com/forum/disney-announces-premium-packages-for-star-wars-weekends-t1273.html

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Tim Whatley posted:

Disney has some cool VIP packages for Star Wars Weekends. Oh by the way the most expensive one is $399 per person welp.

http://www.worldofwalt.com/forum/disney-announces-premium-packages-for-star-wars-weekends-t1273.html

I wanna goooooo! I wanna meet Ian McDiarmiiiiiid! :cry:

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Truth. Back in 2012 when we first moved to Florida, we purposely would schedule park days for days with a nasty weather forecast because the parks would be virtually empty. By September of last year, that trick was useless.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Ryan Gosling is set to star in Guillermo del Toro's Haunted Mansion film. That movie is going to rule so loving hard.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Tim Whatley posted:

I am prayyyying they train me for that one but I haven't heard anything yet.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Oh right. I forgot to tell y'all about Be Our Guest Breakfast. It's kind of butts.

I mean the food tasted good, no question, but the pastries were dry and basically out of a box from Costco, they gave me bascially a spoonful of eggs with a tiny drop of creme fresh for my Eggs Florentine, and the puff pastry it's served in is bascially flavorless. My friend got the Vegetable Quiche and she said it was good, but basically store bought quality. It also didn't help matters that it took over 20 minutes for them to get the food to us, and they were basically waiting for us to leave to switch over to lunch. 20 dollars was really a steep price to pay for all of this.

In short: Large disappointment compared to lunch and dinner. They should revamp the whole thing, do a character breakfast with Belle and Beast and make the food better.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Ugh that's what I figure too, since this is a test and all I'm sure they'll make improvements, especially if they're sticking to the one price thing.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
But where else am I going to get a $15 bowl of Fruit Loops?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

That's very disappointing.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Oh right. I forgot to tell y'all about Be Our Guest Breakfast. It's kind of butts.

I mean the food tasted good, no question, but the pastries were dry and basically out of a box from Costco, they gave me bascially a spoonful of eggs with a tiny drop of creme fresh for my Eggs Florentine, and the puff pastry it's served in is bascially flavorless. My friend got the Vegetable Quiche and she said it was good, but basically store bought quality. It also didn't help matters that it took over 20 minutes for them to get the food to us, and they were basically waiting for us to leave to switch over to lunch. 20 dollars was really a steep price to pay for all of this.

In short: Large disappointment compared to lunch and dinner. They should revamp the whole thing, do a character breakfast with Belle and Beast and make the food better.

What time did you go? I can't imagine doing any kind of breakfast in the parks unless you get a reservation before park open. It seems like you're basically paying for a ride on Mine Train with no line, with some food included.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I know expectations for Disney should always be high, but I'm not sure if getting breakfast right before a kitchen's lunch cut over is a fair evaluation. You never want to be the guy getting McDonalds breakfast at 10:28, or one of the last people to order in a restaurant before closing. No cares are being given at that point.

My wife looked at the park app last night... 7D Mine Train was showing a 280 minute wait, I told her it had to be a bug of some sort, that's insane. The line would have to be past the Carrousel or something.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

skipdogg posted:

I know expectations for Disney should always be high, but I'm not sure if getting breakfast right before a kitchen's lunch cut over is a fair evaluation. You never want to be the guy getting McDonalds breakfast at 10:28, or one of the last people to order in a restaurant before closing. No cares are being given at that point.

My wife looked at the park app last night... 7D Mine Train was showing a 280 minute wait, I told her it had to be a bug of some sort, that's insane. The line would have to be past the Carrousel or something.

The app does that sometimes. One time, it gave Mickey's Philharmagic an 80 minute wait, which is actually impossible. The longest you'll ever wait for a 3D movie like that is 30 mins. tops. It just gets the information we send to our wait times people, and sometimes that's not accurate either. I was working at the merge point of Winnie the Pooh and our screen told me the FastPass wait time was 5000 minutes long. We had no one in line for FastPass.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I was working at the merge point of Winnie the Pooh...

I would imagine that at least one patron over the years has attempted that ride while stuffed to the gills with good-poo poo acid. Do they recover, or do you just quietly send them to the mental hospital?

(Seriously, that's a loving weird kids ride.)

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

MrYenko posted:

I would imagine that at least one patron over the years has attempted that ride while stuffed to the gills with good-poo poo acid. Do they recover, or do you just quietly send them to the mental hospital?

(Seriously, that's a loving weird kids ride.)

It's less weird than what was in the same spot before hand (Mr. Toad's Wild Ride), but yeah, Heffalumps and Woozles gets people going "Wait what the gently caress just happened here" a lot.

Kids are usually scared of it and the thunder in the next scene, so that's fun.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Hey now, Mr toads wild ride is D-ticket fun at C-ticket prices

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Mr. Toads is great and I wish I could have gone on the larger WDW version.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mr Toad is the greatest thing I have ever ridden.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Mr. Toad owns

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

My bags are packed and I'm leaving in seven hours. Anticipation!

My first challenge will be landing at 8:15 with a California grill reservation at 9:20. Airport sprinting will be happening.

If we like this trip, I'm eyeballing a short trip for food and wine (plus the Swan dolphin version) as well as universal and their Halloween nights. I love planning.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I'm posting from 30,000 feet using jetblue's awesome free WiFi. If anyone is wondering, the connection is decent. 700ms ping to California with 18mbps down and 2 up. We're on track for an arrival of 8:05 local time. From there it's a quick jaunt to the parking garage to pick up our rental and off to the California grill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Richard M Nixon posted:

I'm posting from 30,000 feet using jetblue's awesome free WiFi. If anyone is wondering, the connection is decent. 700ms ping to California with 18mbps down and 2 up. We're on track for an arrival of 8:05 local time. From there it's a quick jaunt to the parking garage to pick up our rental and off to the California grill.

Uhhhh I know this thread doesn't move super fast so my post is probably only a couple pages back, but get a couple drinks around the world for me and have fun! Remember to have infinite patience in the happiest place on Earth!