Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Next week is when we get Collectathon+ Deluxe Edition in the US, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

For the love of god, buy Splatoon. Don't let that game die before even having the chance to take off.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I really wanna know how DS games that had GBA slot functionality would work, like how would you go about unlocking WarioWare Touched's Mona Pizza player when you needed to have both it and WarioWare Twisted in a DS at the same time?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
They probably don't, just like all the dummied out multiplayer stuff in the GB VC games. Which is dumb but par for the course at this point.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

So here's what's in that Spring sale from the NA press release:

WiiU:

Pikmin 3 - 41.99
Captain Toad - 27.99
Golden Sun (GBA) - 5.59
F-Zero Maximum Velocity (GBA) - 4.89
Sportsball - 7.00
Castlestorm - 6.99
A World of Keflings - 6.99
Chariot - 10.49

3DS:

Kirby Triple Deluxe - 24.49
Tetris Ultimate - 13.99
Mario Kart 7 - 20.99
Tomodachi Life - 24.49
Mighty Gunvolt - 2.79
SMB: Lost Levels - 3.49
Kersploosh! - 2.09
Whoa Dave! - 3.49
Siesta Fiesta - 3.99

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

greatn posted:

I'm tempted to buy Warioware touched as well but I literally have the cartridge which can work in my 3ds at any time.

I'm glad to see someone has their cartridge working. I have to keep blowing on it every time I wanna play it.
gently caress that poo poo, I'll buy it so I won't have to deal with it anymore.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yoshi Touch & Go is the second-best Yoshi game. Meditate on that for a second.

It's really fun though! (Yoshi's Cookie is better.)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Willo567 posted:

I'm glad to see someone has their cartridge working. I have to keep blowing on it every time I wanna play it.
gently caress that poo poo, I'll buy it so I won't have to deal with it anymore.

Blowing on any cartridge for any system would literally do nothing but maybe get your spit on it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kirby Triple Deluxe is on sale? Please go buy it. It is the best looking game on the system and the 3D is phenomenal.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

Blowing on any cartridge for any system would literally do nothing but maybe get your spit on it.

Nope it fixes it

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
How is WarioWare touched? I adore all the other WarioWare games, is it worth getting if that's the case?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Watrick posted:

How is WarioWare touched? I adore all the other WarioWare games, is it worth getting if that's the case?

Touched is great and totally worth getting. $10 is a good price for it too.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

greatn posted:

And that spit will make the contacts corrode much faster.

If you're at all serious about keeping your carts around for a long time, never ever blow on them.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

ChaosArgate posted:

Touched is great and totally worth getting. $10 is a good price for it too.

Yay! I'll be picking it up for sure. Thanks!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

pnumoman posted:

If you're at all serious about keeping your carts around for a long time, never ever blow on them.

My SNES carts from like 20 years ago still work perfectly, c'mon man

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

pnumoman posted:

drat, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I used to be a cartridge blower and it genuinely seemed to help, but I naturally became worried about corrosion. As a sort of compromise, I use a gas duster/canister of compressed air to clean that and other electronics. Apart from being too strong of a breeze, I can't see a downside.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Oh, nice sale. Getting Lost Levels to complete my portable collection of NES Marios.
I played through that one on SNES Mario All Stars a long time ago... I can only assume it's even more brutal in the original format. :getin: Thank you state saves.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
SMB Deluxe is still cheaper and has both SMB and the Lost Levels, though it is made more difficult by being zoomed in, and doesn't have world A through E.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Nope it fixes it

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You guys blowing on cartridges know that they (or at least N64 carts) specifically say on the back label that you shouldn't blow on the connectors, right?

I still do it sometimes too.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

What's the goonpinion on affordable space adventure? Looks good and I'm thinking about getting it after work.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Minidust posted:

Oh, nice sale. Getting Lost Levels to complete my portable collection of NES Marios.
I played through that one on SNES Mario All Stars a long time ago... I can only assume it's even more brutal in the original format. :getin: Thank you state saves.

It's more bullshit. You have to complete the game 8 times in a row to access the letter stages.

Anyone that doesn't buy Captain Toad at that price is an rear end in a top hat.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yeah don't do it, saliva plus close contact between two different types of metal is a perfect environment for galvanic corrosion and in a fight between the copper edge connectors and the stainless steel contacts the copper loses.

Edit: The cartridge also says not to take alcohol to the contacts but that's BS, rubbing alcohol plus a cotton swab is the best way to clean the cartridge edge connector. Just let it evaporate before you put it in the system though.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 9, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think blowing on cartridges will do much to clean them.

You gotta stick your tongue in there and work it around to get any results.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Alcohol works on cartridges, but if the contacts are truly tarnished, only something like Brasso will work. Brasso is a miracle substance.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Yoshi Touch and Go is a great $10 game and this is a great Wario Ware even if some weirdos hated it at release, good week.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah both are great time waster games.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jesus where is Zero Mission already

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

man nurse posted:

Jesus where is Zero Mission already

Probably in five months if Super Mario Bros 3 and Donkey Kong Country games are a indicator.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Been waiting for The Keep to go on sale, thanks NOA for screwing me again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I used to use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts, always worked for me.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I'm mightily tempted by kirby at that price. On the one hand it's the cheapest I'll likely see it, on the other... Xenoblade and monster hunter ate my 3ds priorities now.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Party Meiser posted:

I'm mightily tempted by kirby at that price. On the one hand it's the cheapest I'll likely see it, on the other... Xenoblade and monster hunter ate my 3ds priorities now.

Everyone should play Triple Deluxe at one point or another man

It's good

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

Everyone should play Triple Deluxe at one point or another man

It's good

Oh, no doubt. I just figure I need to at least try and budget my time and money a little bit.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Every time I play a WarioWare game, I get really confused about what the heck is going on

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

irlZaphod posted:

Every time I play a WarioWare game, I get really confused about what the heck is going on

the warioware mythos runs deep it is understandable. it is important to keep in mind that chronologically warioware twisted comes before warioware touched, even though it was released in the opposite order due to delays. this is readily apparent due to the fact that dr crygor does not appear in his apple fusion form in twisted. also

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I ordered a xenothing digital download code from the nintendo online store when are they supposed to be sending it to me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

epitasis posted:

I ordered a xenothing digital download code from the nintendo online store when are they supposed to be sending it to me

you'll receive a slip of paper in the mail containing your code in 3-5 working days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Are you lamewads just getting Xenoblade now?

Uhhhhhhh LOL!!!!!! etc