Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I get watching something that's so badly made it's funny, like the room, but watching all 12 or 24 episodes of a badly made show in hopes for one or two funny moments at some point seems like a really stupid way to spend your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I've seen like two of those and they're always super lame, so now I never trust anybody who describes a show like that.

It's a good way to live your anime-watching life.

I did really like the first 6-7 episodes or so but then they decided that solid character writing is for suckers, and abandon that for ~wacky plot twists~.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

I've seen like two of those and they're always super lame, so now I never trust anybody who describes a show like that.

It's the term posters in here use to excuse their bad taste without admitting to themselves that they watch terrible, pandering garbage and enjoy it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Samurai Flamenco isn't badly made or terrible except for the Sentai arc which is too long, but even that has a great opening and ending.

One arc is Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and therefore all people of moral character are obligated to watch it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it starts out like okayish japanese kick-rear end and then they want to do stupid genre parodies/commentaries bullshit so every few episodes it switches to another garbage superhero genre ripoff each with worse animation then the last and with more garbage characters. somewhere in there there's also the old godlike being cliché, a ghost, torture and sloppy lesbians. its awful. people try to say it is deep, but there is nothing there deeper then 'this guy is a politician so votes get him power, only this time it isn't political power but he literally becomes more powerful' wow!! haven't seen that done better before

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I get watching something that's so badly made it's funny, like the room, but watching all 12 or 24 episodes of a badly made show in hopes for one or two funny moments at some point seems like a really stupid way to spend your time.

Yah like having to say oh of course you didn't like it you didn't even get past episode 7, that's like 3 hours, that's a lot of other anime i could've been watching.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Davincie posted:

it starts out like okayish japanese kick-rear end and then they want to do stupid genre parodies/commentaries bullshit so every few episodes it switches to another garbage superhero genre ripoff each with worse animation then the last and with more garbage characters. somewhere in there there's also the old godlike being cliché, a ghost, torture and sloppy lesbians. its awful. people try to say it is deep, but there is nothing there deeper then 'this guy is a politician so votes get him power, only this time it isn't political power but he literally becomes more powerful' wow!! haven't seen that done better before

See Davince hates it that's how you know it's good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

I remembered that there were lesbians but until you mentioned that I completely forgot that one of the girls vomited and then made out with another girl. Yikes!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rodyle posted:

See Davince hates it that's how you know it's good

I trust him more than I trust you.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

I remembered that there were lesbians but until you mentioned that I completely forgot that one of the girls vomited and then made out with another girl. Yikes!

That's not sanitary.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it was directly after a torture scene that went on for way too long too

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcQ-gqMiWNo

e: it's actually like 10 episodes or so after that scene but that scene was too long

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Well punchline was definitely not what I was expecting from the preview or what I was expecting at all. I was hoping for a SamFlam2, but I got something I doubt I will give the 3 episode rule to.

I bet the burst of light that took over his body is just him that figured out that he could just go back further in time to skip all this nonsense of being a ghost.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I liked Samflam but yeah it decided to be an unremarkable superhero parody rather than follow the promising start it had. The torture and girlfriend drama was really bad, and the three sentai episodes sucked. The two dudes are cute together though.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Punchline is a show about superheroes and panties and ghost shenanigans. That's structured like a video game. And really really well animated.
It's wonderfully silly and I quite enjoyed this episode and am likely gonna keep watching it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It's definitely a show that panders and panty shots are a plot point but if you can get past that it's real real good I think. So far at least.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

everythingWasBees posted:

It's definitely a show that panders and panty shots are a plot point but if you can get past that it's real real good I think. So far at least.

heck ill never pass a panty shot

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I like the show where it turns out the superhero's transformation scene is just a mock dance in slow motion, and then it's immediately juxtaposed with a sci-fi chute down to an underground motorcycle vault.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

pandaK posted:

I like the show where it turns out the superhero's transformation scene is just a mock dance in slow motion, and then it's immediately juxtaposed with a sci-fi chute down to an underground motorcycle vault.

She fights with a straw. She's a juice themed magical girl superhero that fights with a giant straw.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Everybody involved seems to be having fun in making it, and it's wonderful.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Also, there is an anime version of Velma in it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Punch Line is basically an ecchi version of Ghost Trick, isn't it?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Fangz posted:

What's a Ghost Trick.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

What's a Ghost Trick.

:yikes:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its the best game the ace attorney guy made

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What's a Ghost Trick.

One of the best DS games ever made that you should buy and play.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

chumbler posted:

One of the best DS games ever made that you should buy and play.

Sure, why not.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What's a Ghost Trick.

Hey look, a ghost!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Haha, tricked you.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

chumbler posted:

One of the best games ever made that you should buy and play.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Sharkopath posted:

Why is it fun.

Everybody involved seems to be having fun in making it, and it's wonderful.

This seems to tie two conversations together and answer the somewhat absurd question of "what the hell does fun mean!?"

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Fun is the metric by which all other metrics may be discounted. If a show is fun then that's all that matters.

That said, fun is one of those things that varies from person to person, so I really wouldn't use "It's fun" as the basis of a recommendation; doubly so when the preceding part of that statement is "It's bad/dumb/trashy, but―"

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fangz posted:

Is it actually? I will watch it in an instant if this is true. Do not break my heart and lie to me, Forum User Fangz :ohdear:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Good action, nice panties

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

SSNeoman posted:

Is it actually? I will watch it in an instant if this is true. Do not break my heart and lie to me, Forum User Fangz :ohdear:

Nononono. I meant in terms of premise and some other superficial similarities. Whether it approaches that level of quality is pretty heavily up in the air and honestly not super promising. But maybe it could turn out good.

Wait for someone else to watch a bunch of episodes and come up with a coherent opinion.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Only two shows I've watched from this season are BBB and Ore Monogatari 'cause I've been busy.

Please recommend me a third.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Only two shows I've watched from this season are BBB and Ore Monogatari 'cause I've been busy.

Punchline!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Bad Seafood posted:

Yamada-kun is a good manga and hopefully it will be a good anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Uh, Euphonium or Kinmoza, if you like moe. Uhmmmm, maybe Plastic Memories, if you like some drama.

DoubleDonut posted:

Yamada-kun is a good manga and hopefully it will be a good anime

I'm looking forward to it.

• Locked thread