Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Daredevil's tone seems super different from SHIELD. Like it's trying to be a gritty crime drama, or took it's influence from The Dark Knight franchise instead of the Marvel universe.

I mean, All of these styles and influences pretty much come from the same man. Frank Miller. and actually IIRC his Daredevil run was why they brought him on to do Batman in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Maybe what's on the Carrier is a bomb based on the Diviner, only you know someone hosed up and it's a terrigen bomb rather than a kill people bomb. It'll get set off in the struggle, or a bitter loser will set it off, and a whole buncha people will end up undergoing terrigenesis.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Soylentbits posted:

I think I would notice if I cut myself and it healed instantly.

Do you spend a lot of time cutting yourself?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Azhais posted:

Do you spend a lot of time cutting yourself?

I mean, not on purpose, but it happens sometimes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

hope and vaseline posted:

Premiering on the CW:

The INHUMAN Diaries

He's so goddamn generic it hurts.

At least I figured out why he was bugging me. He's Yet Another Aussie soap opera export.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

NecroMonster posted:

Maybe what's on the Carrier is a bomb based on the Diviner, only you know someone hosed up and it's a terrigen bomb rather than a kill people bomb. It'll get set off in the struggle, or a bitter loser will set it off, and a whole buncha people will end up undergoing terrigenesis.

Holy poo poo, I never thought about the fact that they actually have already used bombs like that on the show before. I wonder if those bombs like the ones Hydra used to kill those people at the dinner would activate Inhumans.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Professor Not-Xavier's School for Youngsters Who May Or May Not Be Gifted: The Series

I've been half-expecting this ever since Fitz and Simmons were treated like returning heroes at that one SHIELD academy.

As well as Operations and Science academies, we now have the SHIELD Inhuman school. Try not to have rivalries and general teen drama.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

XboxPants posted:

Holy poo poo, I never thought about the fact that they actually have already used bombs like that on the show before. I wonder if those bombs like the ones Hydra used to kill those people at the dinner would activate Inhumans.

That would be a pretty kickass way for Bobbi to get her Mockingbird power set.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Deadpool posted:

Maybe you're just unfamiliar with Daredevil. That's pretty much the tone of Daredevil and has been for decades.

Very unfamiliar, do all Marvel characters exist in the same universe? Like Daredevil and Starlord could technically run into each other as unlikely as it would be? I'm just gauging from the trailers but he doesn't seem to fit in the serious-but-fun world the rest of the Marvel films take place in.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Very unfamiliar, do all Marvel characters exist in the same universe? Like Daredevil and Starlord could technically run into each other as unlikely as it would be? I'm just gauging from the trailers but he doesn't seem to fit in the serious-but-fun world the rest of the Marvel films take place in.

Anything produced by Marvel directly is tied in, even Daredevil and the other Netflix shows.

Here's a tie-in from Daredevil for example: apparently there's a line about how the office Foggy & Matt Murdock rent for their law office was damaged in the attack we saw in The Avengers.

They're going to be drastically different in tone, but part of the same shared universe.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Stunt Rock posted:

Anything produced by Marvel directly is tied in, even Daredevil and the other Netflix shows.

Here's a tie-in from Daredevil for example: apparently there's a line about how the office Foggy & Matt Murdock rent for their law office was damaged in the attack we saw in The Avengers.

They're going to be drastically different in tone, but part of the same shared universe.

Which does make a certain amount of sense. Not every part of the Marvel universe is going to be the same. I have a feeling that Star Lord et al are going to blow Earth's collective mind when they finally meet the Avengers.

edit:

Unlike the DC Cinematic Universe which smolders with generic angst.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Stunt Rock posted:

Loeb (producer on both shows) was talking about connections between Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD. (mild spoiler) "Crusher" Creel was a young boxer who fought (and lost) against Jack Murdock, Daredevil's Father. Creel later went on to become Absorbing Man and was harassing SHIELD earlier in the season. Loeb says they're definitely the same guy, though if that ever actually becomes relevant in either show, I have no idea.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

It's the same in the comics, all of Marvel's titles are in the same universe but many of them have different tones and vibes. Daredevil in particular has always been one of the key titles in their Marvel Knights group, titles which tend to be darker and more adult (see also: the Punisher, for example). When characters crossover the tone will normally depend on who's title it is, similar to what we saw with Arrow/the Flash this season.

The more you know! :eng101:

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Which does make a certain amount of sense. Not every part of the Marvel universe is going to be the same. I have a feeling that Star Lord et al are going to blow Earth's collective mind when they finally meet the Avengers.

Whole movie will be RDJ laughing at a talking raccoon

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

Instant drinking buddies.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Rarity posted:

This cannot happen soon enough. :D

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Daredevil's at the bottom there, left of center.

I tried to find a picture of Howard the Duck and Daredevil together but sadly I couldn't. This picture does have a big sasquatch and a tiny ant-man in it, though.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Tarquinn posted:

This cannot happen soon enough. :D

Somebody post that picture of Rocket pointing at Winter Soldier demanding his arm.

Also, next week's poster!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Somebody post that picture of Rocket pointing at Winter Soldier demanding his arm.

Someone mentioned this issue before, but I don't feel like I need much to be impressed by the metahuman May takes down. I don't think there were a lot of supers around in the world pre, say, 2008. Like, just consider the kinds of people SHIELD took as serious enough threats that you'd have to be indexed and depowered. Someone hot-glued razors on their fingernails and that was enough for SHIELD to take them as a serious threat.

If May's opponent is a B-tier villain, gently caress even a half-decent C-tier one, I can very easily imagine that SHIELD would be loving going nuts over the fact that May took her down singlehandedly.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

XboxPants posted:

Someone mentioned this issue before, but I don't feel like I need much to be impressed by the metahuman May takes down. I don't think there were a lot of supers around in the world pre, say, 2008. Like, just consider the kinds of people SHIELD took as serious enough threats that you'd have to be indexed and depowered. Someone hot-glued razors on their fingernails and that was enough for SHIELD to take them as a serious threat.

If May's opponent is a B-tier villain, gently caress even a half-decent C-tier one, I can very easily imagine that SHIELD would be loving going nuts over the fact that May took her down singlehandedly.

To me it's more about the powerset than the name value. Even if it turned out to be Scorch, that would still be really badass.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Rarity posted:

To me it's more about the powerset than the name value. Even if it turned out to be Scorch, that would still be really badass.

Oh, yeah, I didn't mean "b-tier" in terms of recognizability, just in terms of power. Scorch is a pretty good example.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Betting the situation will be less AWESOME ASSKICKING MURDERFIGHT, and more grimdark and sad.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

loving badass.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

PunkBoy posted:

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD: Fitz continues to be the best.

Can someone make this avatar sized for me?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Very curious about the spinoff! Think we could lose Skye to it? Once she gets control over her powers nothing so far on this show would be a match for her and she could get the Daisy Johnson identity as part of the spinoffs premise. Idk, probably not since she's very much a Main Character.

I'm hoping for Mack & Turbos Custom Cars.

OB_Juan posted:

Betting the situation will be less AWESOME ASSKICKING MURDERFIGHT, and more grimdark and sad.

There will probably be a fair amount of awesome asskicking murderfights but the outcome will most likely be that, yeah.

Martout fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 9, 2015

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Not sure how I feel about the spinoff thing, as I'm hoping it won't ultimately affect Peggy Carter's chances of renewal.

If R.E.A.L. S.H.I.E.L.D. sticks around, I wonder if they'll come back into the fold and morph into S.W.O.R.D. or something for the spinoff, which would allow them to focus on the extra-terrestrial threats while S.H.I.E.L.D. handles the earth bound stuff. You then move Mack, Hunter and Bobbi over to that show and keep the original cast around for original show. You then introduce Abigail Brand as the lead after Gonzales gets killed and maybe add an alien or two to the team.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stunt Rock posted:

Robot Hobo posted:

Loeb (producer on both shows) was talking about connections between Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD. (mild spoiler) "Crusher" Creel was a young boxer who fought (and lost) against Jack Murdock, Daredevil's Father. Creel later went on to become Absorbing Man and was harassing SHIELD earlier in the season. Loeb says they're definitely the same guy, though if that ever actually becomes relevant in either show, I have no idea.

lol these are some weak rear end tie-ins / references.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol these are some weak rear end tie-ins / references.

The NYC destruction from the first Avengers is actually a fairly big deal about the underlining rise of the Kingpin from what I understand, as the corruption from all the reconstruction contracts is one of the ways he's rising in power.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I always felt like the superhuman May took out was like, a mind-controlling toddler or something she'd actually have reason to feel bad about killing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OB_Juan posted:

Instant drinking buddies.

oh my goddddddd

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Next week: May vs Matter Eater Lad

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Keshik posted:

I'm kinda surprised so many people didn't see Deathlok coming a mile away. He's been in Coulson's back pocket for months, of course when he's in serious trouble he calls Mike in.

Why would you be suprised about this? Deathlok's last appearance was walking off on his own, there has been literally no reference to him in the show since and Coulson has been in serious trouble before and didn't call Mike in.
Are you seriously saying that when Coulson said backup was coming your immediate thought was "Yeah he's given Deathlock a call", or is this just hindsight :smug:

Martout posted:

Very curious about the spinoff! Think we could lose Skye to it? Once she gets control over her powers nothing so far on this show would be a match for her and she could get the Daisy Johnson identity as part of the spinoffs premise. Idk, probably not since she's very much a Main Character.

I'm hoping for Mack & Turbos Custom Cars.

There will probably be a fair amount of awesome asskicking murderfights but the outcome will most likely be that, yeah.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what about Skye's powers make her an unstoppable machine capable of taking out anything? She can create shockwaves and earthquakes and for some reason make water into patterns?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Javid posted:

I always felt like the superhuman May took out was like, a mind-controlling toddler or something she'd actually have reason to feel bad about killing.

It was Skye's mom and then she found the baby.

Boy will May be surprised when Skye introduces the family to all of her new SHIELD buddies

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr Beens posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but what about Skye's powers make her an unstoppable machine capable of taking out anything? She can create shockwaves and earthquakes and for some reason make water into patterns?

She could focus her shockwaves to someone's heart and give them a heart attack or just make it explode. Same with the brains or any internal organs. Or she could just make your whole body vibrate apart. Or just pretty much destroy any vehicle or man made building.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

She could focus her shockwaves to someone's heart and give them a heart attack or just make it explode. Same with the brains or any internal organs. Or she could just make your whole body vibrate apart. Or just pretty much destroy any vehicle or man made building.

I see you haven't been watching Flash.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr Beens posted:

Why would you be suprised about this? Deathlok's last appearance was walking off on his own, there has been literally no reference to him in the show since and Coulson has been in serious trouble before and didn't call Mike in.
Are you seriously saying that when Coulson said backup was coming your immediate thought was "Yeah he's given Deathlock a call", or is this just hindsight :smug:

I think Skye's powers are god-teir like Iceman and Magneto. Once she learns to perfect them she will be able to vibrate herself through walls and use those same vibrations to cause the water molecules in your body to excite as if you were in a microwave. At least that's what one poster said. I think she's like Flash where her initial power (super speed, earthquakes) is like a parlour trick once she really learns how to control it

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Mr Beens posted:

You don't see how someone capable of making targeted earthquakes on demand could be dangerous?

Also the water thing was kind of a cheat since you need a camera running at a certain frame rate to see it, but it was just the show's way of demonstrating that Skye is vibrating the air. It was a setup for her hadouken'ing the SHIELD team that came after her later in the episode. I imagine the writing staff saw one of these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uENITui5_jU and thought "Hey that looks awesome, we should have her do that".

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think in at least one of the comic books Daisy becomes the director of SHIELD too. Man, is Gonzales gonna be pissed

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Mr Beens posted:

Dunno about that guy, but yeah, I figured it was gonna be Agent Peterson.

Coulson said "Actually, there's only one person coming". The established one-person armies that they'll put on this show are May (captive), Ward (Not likely), and Deathlok, who happens to be the most powerful of the three AND this was the perfect moment for him to show up and turn the tables.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Javid posted:

Dunno about that guy, but yeah, I figured it was gonna be Agent Peterson.

Coulson said "Actually, there's only one person coming". The established one-person armies that they'll put on this show are May (captive), Ward (Not likely), and Deathlok, who happens to be the most powerful of the three AND this was the perfect moment for him to show up and turn the tables.

I'm like the anti-Barry Convex because I was irrationally hoping it'd be RDJ as Iron Man pulling down the Quinjet.

oh well :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Pander posted:

I'm like the anti-Barry Convex because I was irrationally hoping it'd be RDJ as Iron Man pulling down the Quinjet.

oh well :)

I guess I'm a happy medium because I kind of thought it was gonna be Jeremy Renner, the most affordable Avenger.

• Locked thread