Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The only books I read are light novels and mangs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

so, about as active as any other thread on the book barn

now, now, the harry potter thread still gets a page per day

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

those in anime houses shouldn't throw stones

Ask me about my Warhammer 40k novel opinions.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

now, now, the harry potter thread still gets a page per day
are they still arguing about whether or not ron and hermione should have gotten married

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Endorph posted:

nice humble brag

It's my life's work

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imo the most hosed up part is that loving luna rated a middle name for harry's kids but dobby didn't

luna: says some weird stuff that makes harry feel better once
dobby: literally dies for him

harry: 'i gotta pay tribute... to that wonderful girl...'

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

are they still arguing about whether or not ron and hermione should have gotten married

Right now there's a separate Harry Potter thread because I guess they need a separate thread for making fun of fanfiction.

Yeaaaaaaaah

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

my meatspace name is dobby potter

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

imo the most hosed up part is that loving luna rated a middle name for harry's kids but dobby didn't

luna: says some weird stuff that makes harry feel better once
dobby: literally dies for him

harry: 'i gotta pay tribute... to that wonderful girl...'

I wouldn't name my kids after a loving house-elf.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Good to know ridiculous anime swords are actually combat viable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

Right now there's a separate Harry Potter thread because I guess they need a separate thread for making fun of fanfiction.

Yeaaaaaaaah
who the gently caress is still writing harry potter fanfiction in 2015

and who the gently caress is reading it just to make fun of it? like, just read my immortal, laugh at it, and move on. you don't need to spend hours of your life 'ironically' reading a fanfic where lupin and sirius are harry's gay dads, my immortal is the funniest that format will get.

boom boom boom posted:

reported for racism

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

Endorph posted:

reported for racism

no they are genuinely inferior

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Good to know ridiculous anime swords are actually combat viable.

Not all of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xogheZdAO18

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

imagine if the slaves liked being slaves

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

I think the more salient issue is not wanting to name one of your kids "Dobby" which would be a surefire way to make the shortlist for wizard school swirlies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the entire point of the house elves was that they were socialized and abused into seeing slavery as their only option. hermione's attempts to free them were dumb not because they were somehow genetically programmed into being slaves, but because they knew no other life. their entire culture was built around being enslaved. you cant free them by just yelling at them until they suddenly have an epiphany, you have to tear the tree out at its roots - which is why hermione gets a ministry job in the ending. she's dealing with the problem by dealing with the wizards who perpetuate the problem.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

poo poo, *im* the one writing harry potter fanfiction in 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wow, just wow

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
edmund wilson says right here that house-elf slavery was just as unpopular with the death eaters as it was with the ministry of magic, because they had begun to realize that living in proximity to elves resulted in moral degradation

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

safebooru...

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

brave nazi aviator posted:

edmund wilson says right here that house-elf slavery was just as unpopular with the death eaters as it was with the ministry of magic, because they had begun to realize that living in proximity to elves resulted in moral degradation
Around elves, watch yourselves.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Where's the hufflepuff babes at?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

Where's the hufflepuff babes at?
name one major hufflepuff character

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i read all the books as i grew up and i only recognize 3 of those. are the rest made up or what

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

good. very good.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

my lad cedric diggory

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I would rather die than be seen with a Harry Potter anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

i read all the books as i grew up and i only recognize 3 of those. are the rest made up or what
pansy: one of draco's hanger-ons
ginerva: ginny
hermione: lol
luna: lol
bellatrix: that evil lady with voldemort
narcissa: draco's mom
lily: harry's mom

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Helga

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Davincie posted:

some of those girls are the adults that they turned into anime girls.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

why would you ever name your kid narcissa

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

im going to name my kid malbadevildark

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

the entire point of the house elves was that they were socialized and abused into seeing slavery as their only option. hermione's attempts to free them were dumb not because they were somehow genetically programmed into being slaves, but because they knew no other life. their entire culture was built around being enslaved. you cant free them by just yelling at them until they suddenly have an epiphany, you have to tear the tree out at its roots - which is why hermione gets a ministry job in the ending. she's dealing with the problem by dealing with the wizards who perpetuate the problem.

No they're gross monsters.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
grainger bears responsibility for the civil war by using elf slavery as a cudgel and moral fig leaf when in fact her real motivation was the same blind rapacity that drives sea slugs to eat one another

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

why would you ever name your kid severus

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

i want a harry potter anime adaptation now

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

poo poo, *im* the one writing harry potter fanfiction in 2015

I'll be the guy who keeps talking about how bad your fanfic is, and obsessively read every chapter and comb over every detail about your personal life so I can be an internet psychiatrist.

(I'm not even kidding about that happening in the thread!)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

slytherin is evil house that's why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

i want a harry potter anime adaptation now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qxNES79fPY