Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I'm frankly astonished that Rand has already destroyed his own candidacy. That was really loving fast.

Did shushing that reporter really kill it? Seems doubtful.
Who's the black candidate? Herman Cain isn't running again is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Rand just launched a cease-and-desist against Iowa stations running Rick Reed's Iran ads.

Meanwhile, Rand gets trolled with a second Iran ad. Probably one of the best negative ads I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGqz3vmWVE

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

OMFG, the first real drama of the game is Scott Walker's pasty, clumsy rear end falling face first into a pool and hitting his head on a ladder, with snapshots indicating this was a major life event.

Art imitates life.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

How often does this happen? Cause it seems like a petulant and extreme response.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sharkie posted:

How often does this happen? Cause it seems like a petulant and extreme response.

It's funny because you could be referring to either the ads or the c&d

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Gravel Gravy posted:

Who's the black candidate? Herman Cain isn't running again is he?

Ben Carson. I was gonna post his wiki but the first google result is this which sounds suitably ridiculous:
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/ben-carson-selfies-116813.html

Ben Carson as played by Cuba Gooding Jr posted:

Please stop.

The old-fashioned selfie was bad enough. In New York's zoos, circuses and carnivals, taking selfies with tigers or other big cats is actually illegal. Turning your back to a large carnivore, apparently, is not a great idea. I've also seen individuals take selfies while crossing city streets or driving — talk about reckless.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
People who get upset about selfie sticks are a thousand times more irritating than selfie stick users.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:gay:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Sharkie posted:

Wasn't Citizens United the result of Hillary suing to stop a similar type of attak ad?

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

sullat posted:

Wasn't Citizens United the result of Hillary suing to stop a similar type of attak ad?

No, it was a feature-length movie that was being sold VOD.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The Hillary scandal du jour.

quote:

But an IBTimes review of public State Department documents shows that as the Giustra-Clinton foundation relationship deepened, Hillary Clinton and the State Department never criticized or took action against the Colombian government for alleged violations of labor rights at Pacific Rubiales. Instead, Clinton’s State Department issued certifications in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 declaring that Colombia has been complying with human rights standards that are required under federal law for continued U.S. military aid to the country.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I don't think I can trust a candidate who likes coffee syrup and pizza bread. :colbert:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:siren: Wrap it up, other Democratailures. Hillary's announcing this weekend. :siren:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Would announcing relatively early be a plan to discourage other people announcing?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Little_wh0re posted:

Would announcing relatively early be a plan to discourage other people announcing?

And maybe to get some of the crazier attacks over with early?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Little_wh0re posted:

Here's Hillary reacting to other candidate entering the race:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it seems to have a lot of marginal value in a lot of instances: she takes money from other candidates that might announce first. theres no conversation between two mid tier candidates, instead they both get compared to hillary during announcement. lets her steal the show from all of the Rs announcing right now.

but in reality its not going to do much o anything really. might a well do it now i guess.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Drudge has had this photo of Rand on his homepage all day.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

it seems to have a lot of marginal value in a lot of instances: she takes money from other candidates that might announce first. theres no conversation between two mid tier candidates, instead they both get compared to hillary during announcement. lets her steal the show from all of the Rs announcing right now.

but in reality its not going to do much o anything really. might a well do it now i guess.

It's really three things: One, providing an apparatus to respond to attacks. Two, the ability to start fundraising. Three, she can start campaigning and dealing with political problems now in the early primary states instead of letting them fester.

im a ski bum
Feb 17, 2011

Joementum posted:

Is this some sort of "Aqua Buddha" baptism?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
There's a PAC set up to draft Robert Gates to run for President.

It is named Ready for Robert USA USA USA USA

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
okay that's pretty funny

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

quote:

We don’t know what he believes in,
but we believe in Robert Gates.

I have doubts about this organization.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Joementum posted:

This is just like one of those internet usernames that make you wonder if "Ready for Robert USA" through "Ready for Robert USA USA USA" were taken already.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Joementum posted:

I don't think I can trust a candidate who likes coffee syrup and pizza bread. :colbert:

I definitely don't

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

Who the hell is Tucker Higgins?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I don't think Paul looked any worse in that interview than Hillary did in that interview with Terry Gross.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Coffee Syrup rules, sorry rest of america but its true

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

paranoid randroid posted:

Who the hell is Tucker Higgins?

Some weirdo with blue hair apparently... and he goes to my school too :negative:

Though it makes a little sense, actually. For reference, Bob Gates is currently the chancellor of the university we go to.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Mr Jaunts posted:

Though it makes a little sense, actually. For reference, Bob Gates is currently the chancellor of the university we go to.

He was president at mine until he had to the the Defense thing. He is a competent university administrator.

And a pretty nice guy, really.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

SedanChair posted:

I don't think Paul looked any worse in that interview than Hillary did in that interview with Terry Gross.

Yeah that was cringe worthy in the extreme. The SSM portion was excruciating.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Concerned Citizen posted:

Rand just launched a cease-and-desist against Iowa stations running Rick Reed's Iran ads.

Meanwhile, Rand gets trolled with a second Iran ad. Probably one of the best negative ads I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGqz3vmWVE

Any political ad that ends with a Nuclear Explosion has my vote! Wait are we voting ads to be president because I'm voting for that voice over guy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is it normal for attack ads to start this early. I mean, I get that the Republican party is eating itself and all, but these had to have been ready to go before Rand ever announced and it's so goddamn early in the season it just seems absurd to launch them.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah wonkette's writing is annoying to some people, but their coverage of Paul has been pretty funny this week.

If Rand Paul F*cks Up One More Day This Week, He Wins A New Car!

edit

Joementum posted:

Gotta include the rest.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 10, 2015

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah wonkette's writing is annoying to some people, but their coverage of Paul has been pretty funny this week.

If Rand Paul F*cks Up One More Day This Week, He Wins A New Car

Hahaha the joy the author experienced writing that article comes through the screen like a tractor-trailer at 60mph.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

site posted:

Is it normal for attack ads to start this early. I mean, I get that the Republican party is eating itself and all, but these had to have been ready to go before Rand ever announced and it's so goddamn early in the season it just seems absurd to launch them.

The hawks of the Republican party have hated Rand for quite a while and want him gone. It's why Lindsay Graham is running, just so he can tell Rand, and to a lesser extent Cruz, to gently caress off on a national stage.

Any attempt to shift the party towards isolationism or in any minor way away from chest thumping militarism will not be tolerated.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

site posted:

Nobody's about to let their opponents get free press coverage unopposed. Got to start smearing them with dirt before they can come up with a way to define themselves. Literally, in Rand's case, apparently.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Hillary has a time limit to legally declare, I think, since she has already rented office space in Brooklyn for the express purpose of HQing her campaign. IIRC the 14-day time period would run out beginning of next week??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Okay, but really, how the gently caress does Rand's campaign team keep letting him go outside with that haircut?

• Locked thread