Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

JT Jag posted:

And now we're back to the start of this dumb argument maze. I'm out of here until the subject changes.
Let's talk about this...

... FOREVER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

R. Mute posted:

Let's talk about this...

... FOREVER!

Well eventually she'll have the baby and the point will be moot, but we're good for at least a month.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

The cop father definitely could have benefited from a life skills course on not murdering minorities.

But that's the whole point of joining the police?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Go back to a subject we will all comfortably circlejerk over, because literally everyone in this thread already agrees on the shooting itself (it was bad).

Yeah, 2 hits out of 8 fired at close range? And the dude was a big target even. That is definitely bad shooting.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Go back to a subject we will all comfortably circlejerk over, because literally everyone in this thread already agrees on the shooting itself (it was bad). Don't promote debate or discussion about US Politics in the US Politics Debate & Discussion thread. Got it.

i'm glad you understand

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

icantfindaname posted:

But that's the whole point of joining the police?

ReidRansom posted:

Yeah, 2 hits out of 8 fired at close range? And the dude was a big target even. That is definitely bad shooting.

Okay, maybe he could have used a course on how to murder and frame minorities better.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "I have a big plane. He doesn't." ~ Donald Trump, on the advantages he'll have over Rick Santorum campaigning in Iowa.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Okay, maybe he could have used a course on how to murder and frame minorities better.

Step 1: eliminate witnesses.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

R. Mute posted:

Let's talk about this...

... FOREVER!

Iran is now demanding that the US lift all sanctions immediately, else there is no deal.

It seems Iran should be in no position to be making demands on the world power. Who does Iran think it is, Canada?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

But he was already a police. Maybe the lessons just didn't stick because he was a dumb police or something.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "I have a big plane. He doesn't." ~ Donald Trump, on the advantages he'll have over Rick Santorum campaigning in Iowa.

*Santorum's small plane can land at far more Iowan cornfield runways than Trump's third-hand Soviet knockoff of a G6.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

In any case, it's the baby we should be worrying about now. Assuming the lady actually likes her husband, that babby is gonna grow up with a beef. Maybe we strip her medical care and hope the problem takes care of itself.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

*Santorum's small plane can land at far more Iowan cornfield runways than Trump's third-hand Soviet knockoff of a G6.

April 9, 2015: MIGF argues that having more money is a disadvantage in a political campaign.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Joementum posted:

It worked for Mitt.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ReidRansom posted:

In any case, it's the baby we should be worrying about now. Assuming the lady actually likes her husband, that babby is gonna grow up with a beef.
Thanks to the wonders of technology, that kid will be able to watch their dad murder somebody.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

JT Jag posted:

I must confess that I care more about how a government governs its state as a whole rather than how it treats any single person. By giving 'charity' to select individuals to cover bad circumstances that they as lawmakers are largely responsible for, it allows a government to ignore the structural problems of its policies.

The problem with this is, there's a person in the middle of all of this - a person who's soon going to be two people. Don't you think helping them matters more than making a political point? More to the point, wouldn't it be better to demand "charity" for individuals while working to expand the social safety net?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

It's not the size of the plane, it's how smoothly you land it.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

Iran is now demanding that the US lift all sanctions immediately, else there is no deal.

It seems Iran should be in no position to be making demands on the world power. Who does Iran think it is, Canada?

Come on you saw the White House fact sheet. It's a great deal. Only horrible war mongering assholes would disagree with it.
http://news.yahoo.com/irans-khamenei-says-neither-rejects-accepts-nuclear-deal-101644472.html
Oh poo poo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Looks like Rick Santorum's PAC is going to launch it's own network TV crime drama based around ISIS haxing teh gibson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ExyzEhJ_8Q

Patriot Voices: Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest [Coming this Fall on ABC]

:lol: child_waving_flag.avi even made it into this

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:lol: child_waving_flag.avi even made it into this

Glad you're noticing those as well :)

At this rate, I think it's fair to say child_waving_flag.avi is the early frontrunner in the 2016 Presidential race.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Joementum posted:

In some way, you almost have to admire how brazenly FYGM a statement like that is. Trump, truly the candidate the GOP deserves.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

ReidRansom posted:

In any case, it's the baby we should be worrying about now. Assuming the lady actually likes her husband, that babby is gonna grow up with a beef. Maybe we strip her medical care and hope the problem takes care of itself.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

April 9, 2015: MIGF argues that having more money is a disadvantage in a political campaign.

nonono, merely that having a bigger plane isn't necessarily an advantage in Iowa.

More money is always an advantage in politics. If there's parity, sure, it comes down to candidate personality. When there ain't? Moneymoneymoney rules the waves.

Joementum posted:

Glad you're noticing those as well :)

At this rate, I think it's fair to say child_waving_flag.avi is the early frontrunner in the 2016 Presidential race.

We've yet to see prideful_veteran_crysaluting.flv, Joe. Until that wildcard goes into play, its anybody's game.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Money just lost the race for an R candidate in an R city up here two days ago.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

But how is Trump going to go anywhere in Iowa outside his opulent plane? The land of corn lacks the garish gold plated marble bidets or caviar infused champagnes necessary to sustain The Donald. Why there can't even be any over sized iconographic naming for him to draw narcissistic sustenance on for hundreds of miles.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

site posted:

Hey now don't be blaming the money. It didn't have a choice on how it was spent.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
A secret for USPol posters: What matters most isn't raw money, its unique in-district money.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
I love what you guys have done with the thread while I've been gone! You make me look positively civil and rational.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Quidam Viator posted:

I love what you guys have done with the thread while I've been gone! You make me look positively civil and rational.

DEATH TO LATIN

Like seriously, that poo poo has no place in common core.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

My Imaginary GF posted:

A secret for USPol posters: What matters most isn't raw money, its unique in-district money.
Excuses, excuses...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, "[Obama is] using his precious time in the Oval Office to call people up to congratulate them for being gay. [Chris Kyle’s] widow didn’t get a phone call, but a football player who came out did.” ~ Mike Huckabee.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "[Obama is] using his precious time in the Oval Office to call people up to congratulate them for being gay. [Chris Kyle’s] widow didn’t get a phone call, but a football player who came out did.” ~ Mike Huckabee.

Huckabee is just mad he can't call up gay kids and tell them to kill themselves as President of the United States :freep:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Please do not ask Ted Cruz about events prior to 1970.

quote:

Harwood: Now, a third Texas president, L.B.J., created Medicare in the mid-'60s. Your hero, Ronald Reagan, campaigned vigorously against that, saying it would lead to socialized medicine, it would end liberty in the United States. Who was right, L.B.J. or Reagan?

​​Cruz: ​You know, at the end of the day— it's not worth tilting at windmills. And we are at a different point in time than we were in the 1960s. Today, Medicare is a fundamental bulwark of our society. And there is an entire generation of s—

Harwood: ​So, the philosophical objection just goes out the window?

Cruz: ​At the— I'm— I'm a big believer at focusing on battles that matter and that are winnable. And there is a broad, universal consensus that Medicare is a fundamental bulwark of our society that's fundamentally different. Look, it's one thing to have asked 50 years ago should we have created it. It's another thing when you have a generation of seniors who paid into it 30, 40, 50 years who have been made promises. We need to honor those promises—

Harwood: Fair enough. But—

​​Cruz: ​—and— and— and—

​​Harwood: ​—do you think at the time Reagan as right?

​​Cruz: You know, I don't know. I wasn't alive then. What I do know is that today, we have got to preserve and reform Medicare.

Also, too, when Ted Cruz was born he was entitled to lifelong socialized medicine, so why should he have to take a position on Medicare?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Obama response: If Mike wants a call, we both know I'd be glad to give him one :wink:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

site posted:

Got details? How did money lose him the race?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

Obama response: If Mike wants a call, we both know I'd be glad to give him one :wink:

Obama would just delegate it to Biden.

"Huck you son of a gun! You did it. Congrats on being the next Mayor of Boston!"

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Please do not ask Ted Cruz about events prior to 1970.

Also, too, when Ted Cruz was born he was entitled to lifelong socialized medicine, so why should he have to take a position on Medicare?

People always talk about how smart and how good at debate Ted Cruz is, but take him out of his comfort zone and he's all "and and and".

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Joementum posted:

Looks like Rick Santorum's PAC is going to launch it's own network TV crime drama based around ISIS haxing teh gibson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ExyzEhJ_8Q

Patriot Voices: Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest [Coming this Fall on ABC]

For a second there I thought they were about to call out Israel for spying on us.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

I agree. It's rather sad that so many American's die from shootings that the President doesn't even have time to call them all. It is also sad that so many people feel pressured to stay in the closet that when a football player comes out it's big enough news to make the President's desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I desperately want to see Donald Trump on a Thursday night in a Pizza Ranch in some Iowa farm town, just walking around and talking to people. I would demand that C-SPAN drop all other coverage to show every second of this event live, from the moment he walks in the door and is hit in the face with the overwhelming aroma of pizza, chicken, and ranch dressing until he hops into the back seat of whatever gaudy rental car to escape, his face frozen in a rictus of not-nearly-masked revulsion.

I need this.

• Locked thread