Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Snayke posted:

If I were to make an alt for crafting, is it easy to move items between the two characters? Also would it matter if they were in different alliances?

Yes and for your second question No. You can use mats and items that are in your bank so for crafting in an alt you can just switch to them and use them out of the bank or move them to their own inventories.

Alchemy and provisioning are also ridiculously easy to level up too. Alchemy alone only requires some diligent shopping and about 10,000g to be able to get it all done in one crafting session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

Where do set jewelry pieces come from, since you can't craft them?
Mobs, Pledge Rewards, Cyrodil AP vendors.
The sets you can craft are craft only, the sets that mobs drop, are drop only, the ones cyrodil vendors have are vendor only, etc. There are sets of sets if you will.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Is it worth sticking my dick in this game if I don't normally PVP? $60 is a bit much for a game doing so bad it went f2p.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Every game except for WoW and EvE go f2p. (its actually b2p).
Its pretty fun. If you like ES style story telling, the quests are legitimately fun and a lot better than what you get in most MMO's. The combat is also really nice, fluid and dynamic and not too boring. As long as you go in expecting an MMO experience, you will enjoy it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Can I play on PC with a controller? I couldn't figure out how, but given that it's on console too I thought it would be possible.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info939-ActivateControllerUI.html
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info628-XpadderLayoutforPS3360Controller.html

No idea how well these work because I haven't used them and can't understand why anyone would want a controller.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Can I get an invite to the EP guild for @subjunctive? I have dumb leveling questions to ask and so forth.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

eSporks posted:

Every game except for WoW and EvE go f2p. (its actually b2p).

And final fantasy XIV.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
I didn't like beta much but a friend says this has improved a bunch. I'm downloading it now again with a free trial code. But this is an extremely slow download :gonk:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Have 70gb free and game is saying I don't have enough space. :psypop:

Just how big is this loving thing?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

ShadowMoo posted:

Have 70gb free and game is saying I don't have enough space. :psypop:

Just how big is this loving thing?
My install folder says 40gb, but i I think its got some files somewhere else. The whole thing is voice acted so it takes a bunch of space. The installer is also dumb because it downloads everything to one place temporarily then installs it all to another location, then deletes the temp stuff. So you really need double the space of the game to install it.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I thought in-place updates and installs were a common thing now. (forgot what the actual term is.)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

ShadowMoo posted:

Is it worth sticking my dick in this game if I don't normally PVP? $60 is a bit much for a game doing so bad it went f2p.

If you take the game as just a "single player RPG" for the 1-50 experience you're probably looking at 80-100 hours of storyline content which is worth 60 bucks in my opinion.

It helps if you're really into elder scrolls lore as this game probably gets more into the weird niche stuff of it since Morrowind.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
People moaned about how valenwood wasn't like it's described in a dance in the fire, etc. but they did really seem to get into all the weird bosmer and argonian stuff. the alik'r desert is cool too, you've got wandering madmen talking about tu'whacca and tall papa and walkabout etc. their dunmer and altmer are bad and khajiit are awful (though they redeem themselves in the final reaper's march mission)

the trouble is, once you get into pvp you won't want to go back to monotonous mob killing missions.

vug fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 10, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

The Morrowind areas are my favorite zones but yeah I miss velothi architecture over the Indoril style shown in game. Altmer have always been boring Nazi elves to me so I don't care if their area doesn't interest me.

Valenwood is really cool, though.

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009

ShadowMoo posted:

I've been pretty much playing by myself (besides asking questions in guild chat) and have enjoyed it so far. I actually really enjoy the voice acting from every quest giver. I also like stealing everything in sight. But I haven't put that many hours into it just yet.

Berke Negri posted:

Yes and for your second question No. You can use mats and items that are in your bank so for crafting in an alt you can just switch to them and use them out of the bank or move them to their own inventories.

Alchemy and provisioning are also ridiculously easy to level up too. Alchemy alone only requires some diligent shopping and about 10,000g to be able to get it all done in one crafting session.
Excellent! I can experience other areas of the game and share items! Will probably figure out crafting later on.

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
I've almost exclusively played solo apart from a single Fungal Grotto Run (which took like, 20 mins) and I have to say it is one of my favourit games of all time. It really is.

I'm so surprised at the amount of hate it's received and how many comments of 'it's nothing like elder scrolls' get thrown around. I think it's brilliant and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading every book, lefalet and pamphlet I've come across. I guess if you wanted to level like say, WoW, or Rift the experience would be very jarring but played on it's own terms I think it is pretty incredible.

RayBradberry
Nov 4, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm mid 30s and am doing quests in eastmarch. The scenery quests etc in this game are great, but the solo pve difficulty is retardedly easy. The group dungeons are a fun challenge, but the solo stuff is brainless, press button to win, kill "bosses" in literally 4 hits. I tried skipping quests to move onto higher level areas, but already I'm getting quest rewards that are too high to equip at my level. I have no idea why they balanced the pve game to be so easy. wtf

the pvp castle sieges are great fun though

Celoth
Jun 21, 2014

Technically, Tribbles can't say No.

Desmond posted:

I didn't like beta much but a friend says this has improved a bunch. I'm downloading it now again with a free trial code. But this is an extremely slow download :gonk:

Yes it's improved greatly since beta. Definitely worth 60 bucks.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Any goon that played the beta and is interested in trying the changes, Zenimax has announced that from the 16th to the 20th of this month all old beta players will be able to play for free even if they did not buy a copy of the game.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Some friends said this was actually pretty good now. Going to be buying it and playing with them. How do the servers work, will I be able to play with them and also play with Goons?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

kiresays posted:

Some friends said this was actually pretty good now. Going to be buying it and playing with them. How do the servers work, will I be able to play with them and also play with Goons?

There is one mega server per region (NA - EU) but there are three factions, most goons are in NA on Ebonheart or Daggerfall so if your friends are on those factions you can group up with goons, also you can be in 5 guilds at a time so can join both Goon guilds just for the chat even if you are on another faction.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Which is the most populated goon guild to join and what is the best way to join it?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

ShadowMoo posted:

Which is the most populated goon guild to join and what is the best way to join it?

lol at this every time

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Can I get an invite to the EP guild? @wattershed TIA :shobon:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

ShadowMoo posted:

Edit: nvm

Trilin fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 10, 2015

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I thought there was one goon guild for each of the NA factions? If so how which one is active/can join?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

ShadowMoo posted:

I thought there was one goon guild for each of the NA factions? If so how which one is active/can join?

Its EP and you just need to post your @account handle.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Still looking for a guild invite for daggerfall,
@Kwiatwoski

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Looking for invite, @shadowmoo

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

clean ayers act posted:

Still looking for a guild invite for daggerfall,
@Kwiatwoski

Account not found Turns out this was the character name, not the @name.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
First is my dude in Goon Gear:

And here he is in my glass armor-like new stuff:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Also still looking for an invite on Daggerfall @stanleypain

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Stanley Pain posted:

Also still looking for an invite on Daggerfall @stanleypain

Invite sent big bear

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

Invite sent big bear

Thanks Big B ;)

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

RayBradberry posted:

I'm mid 30s and am doing quests in eastmarch. The scenery quests etc in this game are great, but the solo pve difficulty is retardedly easy. The group dungeons are a fun challenge, but the solo stuff is brainless, press button to win, kill "bosses" in literally 4 hits. I tried skipping quests to move onto higher level areas, but already I'm getting quest rewards that are too high to equip at my level. I have no idea why they balanced the pve game to be so easy. wtf

the pvp castle sieges are great fun though

it's funny because in some of the videos of the beta I've seen it looks like the solo stuff was really hard. I definitely remember (around update 2?) the main quest mission where you have the boss room with the skeletons at level 20 being a real rude awakening if you didn't have a reasonable build by then. of course now you can just sleepwalk through it. likewise veteran zones have been nerfed to the point that you can still run around soloing world bosses etc. in the VR6-10 areas. I guess they just keep nerfing the difficulty until the complaints from noobs (or pretty princess types who don't want to actually learn to play or do any pvp or endgame stuff) stop making GBS threads up the forum

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Ran first veteran dungeon tonight in Elden Hollow. It took us almost an hour but me switching to utility casting from dps seemed to do the trick because our healer was a vampire and the final boss does nothing but spit out fire damage

Also looked pretty cool:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I suppose congratulations are in order. I've heard so much about veteran dungeons and Elden Hollow especially that I won't poke them until VR10 or something, especially when I will want those bonus objectives for extra swag.

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Recieved an email for a free weekend , wanted to ask how the game was doing . Saw some replies i guess its worth trying . Now that its b2p what do they sell for real money ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cosmetics mainly. You can do the premium sub which gives you exp boosts (10% to all exp), and access to all future dlc.

• Locked thread