Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Give mike jones a goddamned trophy at least nintendo you fucks

please

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mK2SV7Dws

Nintendo c'mon give us mike jones

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Devil's Third Man for Smash:

I don't know who this man is but he has all my votes

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Anime Curator posted:

I don't know who this man is but he has all my votes

He's Ivan from Devil's Third, the Tomonobu Itagaki joint that looks set to be 2003's hottest Xbox exclusive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTldFe2m-A

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

He's Ivan from Devil's Third, the Tomonobu Itagaki joint that looks set to be 2003's hottest Xbox exclusive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTldFe2m-A

looks freakin' rad

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
What's the best way to play the Punch Out series? Is playing all 3 in order ideal, or have the originals aged very poorly? I've heard people say that the Wii one is a remake of the NES one, but I don't know if they meant that seriously or in the snarky/stupid internet way like "Twilight Princess is essentially a remake of Ocarina of Time!"

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not literally a remake but all the boxers are from the older games and the mechanics are extremely similar to the NES version, so if you like one you'll like the other.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I think the original still holds up pretty well, so you should definitely give that a shot first.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mancalamania posted:

What's the best way to play the Punch Out series? Is playing all 3 in order ideal, or have the originals aged very poorly? I've heard people say that the Wii one is a remake of the NES one, but I don't know if they meant that seriously or in the snarky/stupid internet way like "Twilight Princess is essentially a remake of Ocarina of Time!"

Play all three, then play The Wonderful 101

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

"ret-2-go"? What the gently caress is that?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Suaimhneas posted:

"ret-2-go"? What the gently caress is that?

It's Wayforward's unofficial motto. If you can't figure out what it means seek help.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Well it's obvious what it's supposed to mean, what isn't obvious is why it's written in such a dumb way

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's a phrase from a GBC game that had severe character-per-line limitations. I don't know why it became a thing but there's a lot I don't know and don't want to know about Shantae fans.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
There's a new Japanese Xenoblade X Direct coming shortly in an hour and a half's time. Yay?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mancalamania posted:

The Wii version is a "remake" in that you play as Little Mac and fight all the Mike Tyson's Punch-Out characters (plus one from the original Punch-Out arcade game).
The Super NES one is a remake/sequel to the Punch-Out arcade game where you play as Generic Boxer Guy and the mechanics are different. I didn't like it as much and feel like it could be easily skipped.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I don't think you're missing anything if you go straight to Punch-Out Wii, because all of the games are pretty close to the same thing, but the NES game is a drat classic (it has aged pretty well too) and the SNES one is alright as well.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

FirstAidKite posted:

Give mike jones a goddamned trophy at least nintendo you fucks

please

who?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mike Jones

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Give Mike Tyson a trophy.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Play all of the Punch-Out!! Games in any order you want, they are all great games. If you play the first one don't worry too much about beating Mr. Dream, I still haven't after 28 years (it's because I am terrible).

raditts posted:

Give Mike Tyson a trophy.

Lets not.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

You know, Mike Jones. That guy who went around trying to save the world from zombies and aliens and attacked with a yo-yo.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

FirstAidKite posted:

You know, Mike Jones. That guy who went around trying to save the world from zombies and aliens and attacked with a yo-yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHyOavMV8vw

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Y'know, the dude who had the submarine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQMLQ_zdl3w

:siren:We got Livestream-Sign For Xenoblade X
:siren:

edit: The lighter Giant Robots turn into bikes :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 10, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

We like Mike.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
He was good with a baseball bat

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Dolls (big robots in Xenoblade X) have a bunch of customizable weapon slots, as well as coming in different size tipes themeslves - Hand Weapons, Arm Weapons (Rifles, Handguns, swords), (beam shields and wrist-mounted guns), Spare Weapons (Grenades, spare sword), and Back Weapons (Shoulder-mounted guns and BIG fold-out melee weapons).

edit: They also have Super Weapons, which are shown as a big-rear end rack of shoulder lasers, and what's basically Link's oversized hammer-and-chain from Twilight Princess. You can also paint and name your Doll however you like.

When your Doll runs out of fuel, you'll have to get out of it and it'll sit regenerating fuel slowly in the field. Looks like you have to pay for fuel to recharge it fully in the city, but it seems to drain very slowly.

There's also some gimmick behind capturing some of the big-rear end creatures in the wild using the Dolls and on-foot (scale-relative)

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 10, 2015

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

It looks like they're multiplayer adding recruits or something online? What was that?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tatsuta Age posted:

It looks like they're multiplayer adding recruits or something online? What was that?

I think they're NPC party members like Dragon's Dogma ones. You can also leave Demon Souls-style notes as Blade Reports.

edit: Aaaand it's over. Goddamn, now I really want Xenoblade X :suspense:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 10, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nintendo tweeted this and it is cool

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

lol this is terrible/amazing.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
There's gonna be a Wii U zelda game in the future, right?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Smoremaster posted:

There's gonna be a Wii U zelda game in the future, right?

Sure. Just not in this year.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Rexroom posted:

Sure. Just not in this year.

Please understand

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I'm still bitter about Hyrule Warriors, so I voted Groose even though I know he'll never be picked.

It's not literally a remake but all the boxers are from the older games and the mechanics are extremely similar to the NES version, so if you like one you'll like the other.

Disco Kid would like to have a word.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Perry Normal posted:

Disco Kid would like to have a word.

He's a special case because he was supposed to be Kid Quick and is even referred to as such in the game's internal files, but the animators had fun with making him into something different so he was rebranded as Disco Kid.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Also even though they're mostly the same boxers, after you beat it there's a cool title defense thing where they all have new gimmicks

Like you might actually lose to Glass Joe

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
I took another look at some of the games in the OP and ended up ordering a Wii U on Amazon. welp

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Smoremaster posted:

I took another look at some of the games in the OP and ended up ordering a Wii U on Amazon. welp

Ya done good, kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Also even though they're mostly the same boxers, after you beat it there's a cool title defense thing where they all have new gimmicks

Like you might actually lose to Glass Joe

I just quit on Von Kaiser 2 because the attacks had gotten way quicker than I could react to. I don't know if that's because of a really narrow window that my TV's input delay just is too slow for, or what. It's not like I've had a CRT to test against for years.

• Locked thread