Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Finally got around to picking up a PS4 and The Last of Us came with it. I was pretty excited because I had heard good things, but my excitement quickly turned into disappointment and anger.

I'll start by saying that there is quite a lot the game does superbly. The graphics are top notch. The levels are beautiful (most of the time, but I'll get to that in a minute) the characters look great, and the animations are among the best I've seen. The little things are what drives it home, the subtle facial movements and hand gestures really lend life to the characters and make it a lot easier to care about them. On top of that, the plot is very well voiced and engaging, and frequently has me alternating between sitting on the edge of my seat or wiping away a single tear.

That being said, the actual gameplay is dogshit and has made it a chore to enjoy the wonderful story. Crafting is almost useless since supplies are so sparse you almost never have enough to do anything which led to long stretches of me actually forgetting it even had a crafting system. The gun combat is unresponsive at best and no amount of fiddling with the aim sensitivity alleviates the problem. Melee weapons are an absolute joke since apparently the fungus had a side effect of also turning everything into glass, so a loving steel pipe shatters like fine china after only a couple hits. Every enemy both human and zombie alike is a bullet sponge that requires more ammo to kill than is usually provided by the game in the first place, forcing you to fall back on your Glass Stick of Uselessness. And good luck landing a headshot because not only is the aiming working against you, but the zombies twitch like epileptics so landing anything other than a torso shot is an exercise in futility. But it doesn't matter! Because headshots are never OHK's unless it's point blank with a shotgun.

Then there's the levels, which alternate between beautiful set pieces and blatantly obvious arena's. You can walk through a beautifully crafted forest that looks natural as can be and is brimming with eye candy, then exit into a nice open area with random debris that are all conveniently waist high and also conveniently placed to separate you from the enemy. And good luck with stealth, since enemies are haphazardly placed 90% of the time and sneaking around one will almost certainly get you spotted by another no matter what route you take. So keep your Porcelain Bat handy, and try not to shatter it by looking at it funny.

Also keep an eye out for two main characters that many might overlook. I call them "Convenient Plank" and "Convenient Dumpster". These loyal motherfuckers will be with you on your journey every step of the way, always showing up anytime you need to cross or climb something. Because the devs are loving proud of their plank and dumpster system they came up with and you will learn to love it too, even if they have to shove it down your throat. Which they will. Repeatedly.

And also enemies that can one hit kill you without recourse just because they stepped into your bubble are loving stupid, especially in a game where you are frequently dogpiled by multiple enemies and stepping out of their range is never an option. It's lovely game design no matter how you slice it. The Last of Us is just chock full of artificial difficulty via a cheap combat system and overpowered enemies because apparently Naughty Dog has no goddamn idea what "skill" or "balance" is.

I will finish this game, because god forgive me I loving love the story and I've managed to become attached to the characters. I want to see how it ends. But as soon as it becomes clear a cutscene is about to end I groan as dread overcomes me, in anticipation for the hell that I'm going to have to slog through for the next hour in order to enjoy the reward of more exposition.

In conclusion, I have a new title for this game: Should've Been a Movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Get pills and upgrade weapon sway.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Esroc posted:

That being said, the actual gameplay is dogshit and has made it a chore to enjoy the wonderful story. Crafting is almost useless since supplies are so sparse you almost never have enough to do anything which led to long stretches of me actually forgetting it even had a crafting system. The gun combat is unresponsive at best and no amount of fiddling with the aim sensitivity alleviates the problem. Melee weapons are an absolute joke since apparently the fungus had a side effect of also turning everything into glass, so a loving steel pipe shatters like fine china after only a couple hits. Every enemy both human and zombie alike is a bullet sponge that requires more ammo to kill than is usually provided by the game in the first place, forcing you to fall back on your Glass Stick of Uselessness. And good luck landing a headshot because not only is the aiming working against you, but the zombies twitch like epileptics so landing anything other than a torso shot is an exercise in futility. But it doesn't matter! Because headshots are never OHK's unless it's point blank with a shotgun.

What difficulty are you playing on because some of these things are just flat out untrue on normal. Many enemies will die to one headshot from the weakest weapon in the game, and if they have a helmet then the hunting rifle still does it. I was tripping over crafting supplies too (make sure you keep shivs around to open doors that require them--every single one is well worth the cost). I can't think of any unarmored enemy who I've seen survive more than four body shots either, so I'm not sure where "bullet sponge" comes from. That's not trivial but it's pretty rare to see that anyway, usually it's only two or three body shots (some weapons can kill in one body shot). The weapon sway is awful but you can remove it almost entirely with pill upgrades.

I won't say a lot of the gameplay isn't really janky and I can't comment on higher difficulties, but this stuff just is not true on normal and I don't know why you would play on survivor or whatever for your first time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

muscles like this? posted:

They actually changed it so you can listen to the radio whenever you want to.

I think that's actually why the radio seems so repetitive. In the earlier games you'd always have large sections where you weren't listening to the radio, but in SR4 it just never stops, so you notice it repeating way sooner.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also, more games need to allow custom music lists or make it moddable. I appreciate them getting music to fill out their in-game radio networks and it is generally enjoyable but when it starts to become worse than actual radio stations it becomes annoying.

I know this (at least used to be) an issue with MP3s as licensing the codec was ridiculously expensive but there are tons of alternatives now.

I guess the main problem now is QA. You need to really make sure bad music files don't break the game in some way.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I can't think of any unarmored enemy who I've seen survive more than four body shots either, so I'm not sure where "bullet sponge" comes from. That's not trivial but it's pretty rare to see that anyway, usually it's only two or three body shots (some weapons can kill in one body shot).

I won't say a lot of the gameplay isn't really janky and I can't comment on higher difficulties, but this stuff just is not true on normal and I don't know why you would play on survivor or whatever for your first time.

"bullet sponge" in the parlance means "any enemy that doesn't die when i sneeze at them"

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Esroc posted:

Finally got around to picking up a PS4 and The Last of Us came with it. I was pretty excited because I had heard good things, but my excitement quickly turned into disappointment and anger.

I'll start by saying that there is quite a lot the game does superbly. The graphics are top notch. The levels are beautiful (most of the time, but I'll get to that in a minute) the characters look great, and the animations are among the best I've seen. The little things are what drives it home, the subtle facial movements and hand gestures really lend life to the characters and make it a lot easier to care about them. On top of that, the plot is very well voiced and engaging, and frequently has me alternating between sitting on the edge of my seat or wiping away a single tear.

Then there's the levels, which alternate between beautiful set pieces and blatantly obvious arena's. You can walk through a beautifully crafted forest that looks natural as can be and is brimming with eye candy, then exit into a nice open area with random debris that are all conveniently waist high and also conveniently placed to separate you from the enemy. And good luck with stealth, since enemies are haphazardly placed 90% of the time and sneaking around one will almost certainly get you spotted by another no matter what route you take. So keep your Porcelain Bat handy, and try not to shatter it by looking at it funny.

Also keep an eye out for two main characters that many might overlook. I call them "Convenient Plank" and "Convenient Dumpster". These loyal motherfuckers will be with you on your journey every step of the way, always showing up anytime you need to cross or climb something. Because the devs are loving proud of their plank and dumpster system they came up with and you will learn to love it too, even if they have to shove it down your throat. Which they will. Repeatedly.

And also enemies that can one hit kill you without recourse just because they stepped into your bubble are loving stupid, especially in a game where you are frequently dogpiled by multiple enemies and stepping out of their range is never an option. It's lovely game design no matter how you slice it. The Last of Us is just chock full of artificial difficulty via a cheap combat system and overpowered enemies because apparently Naughty Dog has no goddamn idea what "skill" or "balance" is.

I will finish this game, because god forgive me I loving love the story and I've managed to become attached to the characters. I want to see how it ends. But as soon as it becomes clear a cutscene is about to end I groan as dread overcomes me, in anticipation for the hell that I'm going to have to slog through for the next hour in order to enjoy the reward of more exposition.

In conclusion, I have a new title for this game: Should've Been a Movie

Have to disagree. I felt the gun play got really repetitive, and I wish it gave me more arrows, but most of this doesn't ring true for me. A good headshot DOES take down most enemies, and you can get hte upgrade that allows you to shiv clickers that grab you. I agree it sucks at first, but its the games way of letting you grow more powerful. Also upgrade your melee weapons so they last a bit longer. I only used them in emergencies, so if you're constantly running out of ammo because you're missing, then I think thats more on you. I am not great at the game and I had enough to get through. I borrowed my friends PS3 JUST for that game and it was well worth it *wipes away a tear*.

Just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition. Was a blast! Too much content though and I am bummed I wasn't able to piece together the story OR do some companions side missions. The crafting was also confusing too. I'd spend precious resources on a "Dual Dagger Grip" but UH OH you needed a SINGLE daggar grip! I dunno, was confusing at times with some of the items too. Was also frustrating to fight some of the most powerful creatures in the game.......and they still drop gear inferior to your existing stuff. Doesn't scale well.

Still, a great game. I'd play it again if I knew I didn't have to do a bazillion side missions/war table missions just to be competent.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Esroc posted:

The Last of Us

I didn't like it either :hf:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

What difficulty are you playing on because some of these things are just flat out untrue on normal.

I sometimes wonder how many people out there have a pathological need to always play on the highest difficulty possible then get mad when it's too hard.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I wouldn't be surprised if I said this before, but oh well:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution's artistic design regarding mechanical augmentations make no goddamned sense to me, bringing down what is otherwise an awesome game. The original Deus Ex had a great through-line about how nanoaugmentation was a great improvement over mechanical augmentation, if for no other reason than nanoaugmentation didn't made you look like a goddamned freak. In contrast, the prequel game has mechanical augmentations look like smooth, silky iPhone-like devices.

Instead of having a setting where people are getting mechanically augmented for frivolous reasons, I think HR would've had a stronger through-line if mechanical augmentations were even worse than the original's. The game already hammers the player with the understanding that people are getting mechanically augmented desperately to compete in society, why not reinforce that by making people look like trucks in the process? Want to have people desperate for anti-rejection meds? Have them be people who were told they needed to replace their arm with a giant piston for a job, rather than one they replaced because they wanted a Pretty Metal Arm. The ideas the game wanted to explore would've been a lot stronger if mechanical augmentations were things people regretfully got because they had to, rather than things people eagerly wanted to get.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 19:13 on Apr 10, 2015

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MisterBibs posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if I said this before, but oh well:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution's artistic design regarding mechanical augmentations make no goddamned sense to me, bringing down what is otherwise an awesome game. The original Deus Ex had a great through-line about how nanoaugmentation was a great improvement over mechanical augmentation, if for no other reason than nanoaugmentation didn't made you look like a goddamned freak. In contrast, the prequel game has mechanical augmentations look like smooth, silky iPhone-like devices.

Instead of having a setting where people are getting mechanically augmented for frivolous reasons, I think HR would've had a stronger through-line if mechanical augmentations were even worse than the original's. The game already hammers the player with the understanding that people are getting mechanically augmented desperately to compete in society, why not reinforce that by making people look like trucks in the process? Want to have people desperate for anti-rejection meds? Have them be people who were told they needed to replace their arm with a giant piston for a job, rather than one they replaced because they wanted a Pretty Metal Arm. The ideas the game wanted to explore would've been a lot stronger if mechanical augmentations were things people regretfully got because they had to, rather than things people eagerly wanted to get.

Those are the expensive top end ones Sarif makes. The ones you see gang members and the like with are a lot clunkier and shittier looking, though not quite to the extent in the original.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

I also think that HR is too pretty in general. Even though I'm supposed to feel like society is on the downswing, the whole time I'm playing the game, I'm just thinking, "Man, the future is bad rear end."

The drunk patriot and starving orphan in the first Deus Ex add more to the environment of the game than all the back story and broadcasts in HR combined. A lot of that game left me just bummed out, which is good, because it was essentially a story of humanity's failure.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

RBA Starblade posted:

Those are the expensive top end ones Sarif makes. The ones you see gang members and the like with are a lot clunkier and shittier looking, though not quite to the extent in the original.

I can kind of see similarities as to how Hermann looked as an evolution of how Barrett looked, but Navarre looks like some crazy borg poo poo as opposed to Jensen's "sleek ultra killer" look. Especially in the eyepiece, because I doubt Navarre's Terminator Vision model has many advantages over Jensen's special eyes with special lenses, because Jensen could already see through walls and poo poo.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ElGroucho posted:

I also think that HR is too pretty in general. Even though I'm supposed to feel like society is on the downswing, the whole time I'm playing the game, I'm just thinking, "Man, the future is bad rear end."

The drunk patriot and starving orphan in the first Deus Ex add more to the environment of the game than all the back story and broadcasts in HR combined. A lot of that game left me just bummed out, which is good, because it was essentially a story of humanity's failure.

I thought that was the point though. In 2027 there's a lot of shiny new technology and marketing and a lot of money to go around, so the poverty and destitution is only visible if you look closely. By 2052 the grey death and the secession wars have pushed that all away, revealing what was going on underneath the whole time, and worsening everyone's life.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

ElGroucho posted:

Actually, HR is set in the cyber-renaissance, where mankind is approaching a kind of peak. The collapse that leads to the shittification of the world in DX1 has yet to happen.

e;f;b.

Sardonik has a new favorite as of 19:36 on Apr 10, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's also all the alleys and slums of Detroit and Hengsha. Expect to see more of that in Humanity Divided.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Jastiger posted:

Just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition. Was a blast! Too much content though and I am bummed I wasn't able to piece together the story OR do some companions side missions.

I'm curious who you missed out on? Gating companion quests behind high approval is dumb (DA2 somehow did it better where approval just affected how they treated you, not giving you their quests) but even with the Inquisition characters I've been mean to they've handed over their quests. Iron Bull's is pretty buggy and I've missed out on a bunch of content with Sera because she's entirely neutral to me or whatever but she still handed out all her quests, all the others pony up their quests really easily. I guess if you never bother pandering to Solas he might not but I've never done that :shobon:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I thought the difference between the aesthetics in deus ex was kind of a natural product of when the games were made. The way we depict the future seems to have a lot to do with what technology looks like now. Earlier it was more common to see futuristic things depicted as bulky and unattractive machines (think of alien), while now you tend to see a more sleek and low-profile aesthetic everywhere. Iphones and everything we've come to associate with our current depiction of technology weren't around when deus ex 1 was made, but now it would look pretty strange if human revolution had stuff that looked like it was manufactured in the 90s, even if it's out of order for the series.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The caveat of "Well, it's a cyber-renaissance" didn't work for me with regards to augmentation, especially as it pertains to how they look in the original Deus Ex. Maybe I'm just ignorant of it happening in history, but the idea that a technology would go from artisanal to non-artisanal as fast as mechanical augmentation in DX went is bizarre to me. It borders on an Irrationally Irritating Moment for me :(

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I always considered the Deus Ex games to be spiritual sequels/prequels rather than direct. It makes more sense that way and you can shrug off similarities by saying alternate reality or whatever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I really need to get around to playing Deus Ex 1 one of these days.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MisterBibs posted:

The caveat of "Well, it's a cyber-renaissance" didn't work for me with regards to augmentation, especially as it pertains to how they look in the original Deus Ex. Maybe I'm just ignorant of it happening in history, but the idea that a technology would go from artisanal to non-artisanal as fast as mechanical augmentation in DX went is bizarre to me. It borders on an Irrationally Irritating Moment for me :(

The game was over a decade old by the time human revolution came out. That's really what it boils down to, and everything else is just the writers trying to smooth over the differences.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

eating only apples posted:

I'm curious who you missed out on? Gating companion quests behind high approval is dumb (DA2 somehow did it better where approval just affected how they treated you, not giving you their quests) but even with the Inquisition characters I've been mean to they've handed over their quests. Iron Bull's is pretty buggy and I've missed out on a bunch of content with Sera because she's entirely neutral to me or whatever but she still handed out all her quests, all the others pony up their quests really easily. I guess if you never bother pandering to Solas he might not but I've never done that :shobon:

I never did Iron Bull's quest, so I was never able to to get his tarot card to change, whereas I was able to do so for everyone else. I've chatted him up, drank beer with em, killed a few dragons. You know, normal stuff that buds do. But no quest to do whatever it is I'm supposed to do. I literally never once had Cole in my party, nor Blackwall and I was able to do both of theirs. So, I dunno whats going on, must be a bug or something.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Regarding saints row IV , you can go to the radio option from the pause menu and design your own playlist. I thought the game was so fun it's one of the few I've 100%ed, and I made a good playlist from all the radio stations in the game. When you're in game, just hold B or whatever to pull up the power menu, and then use the Dpad to find your playlist.

Although when I was grinding for achievements, I would smoke spliffs and listen to Gigamesh's All My Life on repeat. Very hypnotic. Rad game.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Olaf The Stout posted:

Regarding saints row IV , you can go to the radio option from the pause menu and design your own playlist.

You can't include the DJs though, so you may as well just turn off the music and play your own.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I never played 4 but I do know that in 3: Your character doesn't sing along with random radio stations dependent on their voice. No joy of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BoIEY4xA4

:smith:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Leal posted:

I never played 4 but I do know that in 3: Your character doesn't sing along with random radio stations dependent on their voice. No joy of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BoIEY4xA4

:smith:

They totally do, though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSc7yehDx9I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0M03cE73A

In SR4 the villain even crashes one of the sing-alongs.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Sleeveless posted:

They totally do, though?

Random radio stations, he said. These are scripted sequences. Like, when in SR2 if The Final Countdown just started playing and you were driving around, your boss would just start singing it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

MisterBibs posted:

We don't really know much about the game right now, but it's looking like the bigger, clunkier augmentations will be making some kind of return in the HR sequel we just got a trailer for. It's looking like the honeymoon is quite clearly over for augmentations, so they've started getting more back-room, and the antagonist is looking very Gunther Hermann.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sleeveless posted:

They totally do, though?

Not only that, it's a song by The Biz.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just had to stop playing Dungeon of the Endless after my third straight run where the exit door from Level 11 was in the very last room I opened and I got swarmed to death again. gently caress YOU GIVE ME SOME DUST

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Crane Fist posted:

I just had to stop playing Dungeon of the Endless after my third straight run where the exit door from Level 11 was in the very last room I opened and I got swarmed to death again. gently caress YOU GIVE ME SOME DUST

When it looks like I'm not going to be able to win, I focus on trying to do unlock ables. Like trying to get new characters or something. At least get something out of the run.

But yeah, it can be downright brutal at times.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Jastiger posted:

I never did Iron Bull's quest, so I was never able to to get his tarot card to change, whereas I was able to do so for everyone else. I've chatted him up, drank beer with em, killed a few dragons. You know, normal stuff that buds do. But no quest to do whatever it is I'm supposed to do. I literally never once had Cole in my party, nor Blackwall and I was able to do both of theirs. So, I dunno whats going on, must be a bug or something.

Were you mean to Krem, Iron Bull's first officer or whatever? There's one chat option you can click, where you basicslly disparage Krem for being transgendered, and it will absolutely wreck your approval and ability to do personal quests for your teammates.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

World Famous Whore posted:

Never played Nethack but play Crawl all the time. I only really feel like unavoidable early death in it are where you are any casting starting class and the first enemies you run into are a pack of jackals and you won't have enough mp to kill them or be able to out run them.

Unless you are talking about older versions where you could starve to death in the first few floors cause you read an unidentified scroll with a club in your hand but that is still your fault.

Actually that's what drags Crawl down for me. It's a really great and well-balanced roguelike -- once you get past the first 5 floors or so. Prior to that it's way too hard. Most classes start off just one step better than having nothing at all, and the combat mechanics are incredibly swingy. Sometimes you miss all of your attacks or you miscast all of your spells, and get 2 or 3-shotted in return. I've seen way too many characters that die to the first monster, or characters that turn a corner or go down stairs into an unescapable mob of monsters. It feels like such a chore to get a new character started. I'd enjoy the game more if they removed the first few floors of the dungeon, and started you off at the equivalent of level 4 or 5 with a small handful of consumables and equipment that isn't +0. But of course, the devs are never, ever going to do that.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

10 Beers posted:

Were you mean to Krem, Iron Bull's first officer or whatever? There's one chat option you can click, where you basicslly disparage Krem for being transgendered, and it will absolutely wreck your approval and ability to do personal quests for your teammates.

No way. Me and bull are buds.

Someone mentioned a certain conversation line, I may try that though

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I've been playing the poo poo out of Borderlands 2. I love the game dearly, but my only gripe is that there are points in the game where you just get absolutely swarmed with enemies and can't do anything but keep going down and hoping that you can get one kill to get back up. The Leviathan battle and Lynchwood are prime examples. The sand worms/rats just keep coming (and in the case of the sandworms, keep respawning) and they annoy the hell out of me. They would probably be slightly less annoying if I wasn't playing as Zero, but still, Christ, Gearbox, have the sense to tone down the difficulty a bit.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

are you trying to do it solo?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

im pooping! posted:

are you trying to do it solo?
I beat the Leviathan the first time with a friend and it wasn't so bad (probably since he was Gunzerker), but doing it solo took two deaths and like 20 minutes of running and letting my shield recharge before I could take more potshots. Lynchwood I did completely solo.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

UltraVariant posted:

I've been playing the poo poo out of Borderlands 2. I love the game dearly, but my only gripe is that there are points in the game where you just get absolutely swarmed with enemies and can't do anything but keep going down and hoping that you can get one kill to get back up. The Leviathan battle and Lynchwood are prime examples. The sand worms/rats just keep coming (and in the case of the sandworms, keep respawning) and they annoy the hell out of me. They would probably be slightly less annoying if I wasn't playing as Zero, but still, Christ, Gearbox, have the sense to tone down the difficulty a bit.

I'm playing with my buddy and unfortunately this just seems to get worse and worse as the game goes on. We're on ultimate vault hunter mode now which just consists of enemies that are bullet sponges unless you slag them while you get instantly downed in 1 shot because enemy damage is so stupidly high. Almost wish the DLC wasn't all included since true vault hunter mode at level 50 was pretty enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

10 Beers posted:

It's worth repeating this every single time it comes up: you get less approval for explicitly enslaving and forcing an entire group to work for you, at sword point. In fact some characters approve of you doing so.

The mean to transgender person = worse than actual genocide thing is cringey as hell.