Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nasgate posted:

Well yeah, you have to have to have weird hosed up opinions, or be funny to get someone to buy you a title. My posts aren't that funny, and my thoughts are moreso what everyone thinks but doesn't admit to thinking than hosed up poo poo like Taint thinking the Gamecube was a bad console.

nah its shitposting but not in the good and funny way, or even the adorable stux way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mabels big day posted:

E3 is 69 days away.

Nice. I hope they announce a new Elder Scroll. Also, kudos on the weed number ref

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh its white noise posting

thats what it is

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Eonwe posted:

oh its white noise posting

thats what it is

The irony is thick enough for Mario to jump on.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Nice. I hope they announce a new Elder Scroll. Also, kudos on the weed number ref

fallout is more likely

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hog Inspector posted:

fallout is more likely

i know, but i want more scroll instead.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If you have not played Breath of Fire 3 and 4, I reccomend you play Breath of Fire 3 and 4.

Nina makes me :catdrugs:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How can they possibly top 2, where the last boss is Jesus who then turns into a monster with a hydra penis.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

How can they possibly top 2, where the last boss is Jesus who then turns into a monster with a hydra penis.

I don't think that's a hydra penis, I think it's like a loincloth draped on the floor made up of hydra penises.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I didn't know Breath of Fire was stealing Mega Ten's thunder.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you have not played Breath of Fire 3 and 4, I reccomend you play Breath of Fire 3 and 4.

Nina makes me :catdrugs:

I also suggest Dragon Quarter, because it has a really cool gameplay element in both the D-Counter and the SOL restart but don't expect it to play anything at all like the other games

also bof4 is the best one but i still love 3

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"Bleh, western religion is literally eating the souls of Japanese people, this is what Jesus looks like irl!" - an uncensored Super Nintendo game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Grapplejack posted:

I also suggest Dragon Quarter, because it has a really cool gameplay element in both the D-Counter and the SOL restart but don't expect it to play anything at all like the other games

also bof4 is the best one but i still love 3

Yeah Dragon Quarter is worth getting since the going price is around 5 bucks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

zen death robot posted:

you haven't been placed into a long term mental health facility yet so some system somewhere is failing hard

mlyp

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The mental health facilities the world over are bigger failures than the xbox one.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dragon Quarter is excellent and really short in a good way. In a you're not going to play 100 hours of a really slow and talky RPG.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

bof owns

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

mabels big day posted:

E3 is 69 days away.
:wiggle:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

"Bleh, western religion is literally eating the souls of Japanese people, this is what Jesus looks like irl!" - an uncensored Super Nintendo game.
"Hey boss, should we censor this?" "Nah, nobody's going to play through this far, this game is bullshit."

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nasgate posted:

Realtalk though, why are 90s style isometric games coming back? Anyone have a clue?
Because they're the best games, and it's what good and sensible gamers want, and it's what developers want to make. Now Kickstarter lets them circumvent the publisher monster and keep the dream alive.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Nasgate posted:

Drunk me going through the steam Queue: "Hell yeah I'll add Fallout tactics to my wishlist, at least it has an excuse to look like poo poo.

don't i wanted to like it but the interface is poo poo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is it "po-kay-mon" or "po-kuh-mon"? the cartoon can't seem to decide and I'm having an argument about it with my gf

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

Is it "po-kay-mon" or "po-kuh-mon"? the cartoon can't seem to decide and I'm having an argument about it with my gf
Pokey Mawn.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Accordion Man posted:

I didn't know Breath of Fire was stealing Mega Ten's thunder.

BoF may well be the JRPG series which most consistently used the "killing God" trope

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

mabels big day posted:

E3 is 69 days away.

69 days
Until the end of the world

Man soul sacrifice had a really cool story for a loving MH clone

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

precision posted:

Pokémon (ポケモン Pokemon?, /ˈpoʊkeɪmɒn/ poh-kay-mon)[1][2]

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

its pronounced "digital monsters"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Polkamon

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Pock Men.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Zombies' Downfall posted:

BoF may well be the JRPG series which most consistently used the "killing God" trope
Nah, Mega Ten still has it beat. It doesn't even beat around the bush and straight up makes Yahweh the main villain.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

precision posted:

Pocket Monsters also, sever.

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

It's pronounced "lovely game for retarded children" hth

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ryden posted:

pokemon X/Y are actually good games though

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

mortal kombat looms on the horizon...

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ryden posted:

im gonna gut you

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

precision posted:

pokemon X/Y are actually good games though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
i ordered a black ps4 with bloodborne and the order for cheaper than an xbox one well anyway bye

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nasgate posted:

The irony is thick enough for Mario to jump on.

lmao my posts own tho????

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

lmao my posts own tho????

They're better than nasgate's but you have to give it to him, he's just telling it how it is and saying what we're all thinking because we all think the same on these, the SA internet forums. I know I only like cultural diversity reflected in games because an fyad poster ironically told me to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol if your posts aren't the best (they aren't. mine are)

• Locked thread