Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Now I'm just holding out hope for some massive lots-of-abilities creature in the Origins/BFZ so that Soulflayer can live on another season. Otherwise, it looks like it might possibly be somewhat viable in Modern maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Oh man I cant wait to unload these dumb chromaticores from my binder

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lancelot posted:

Chromanticore Soulflayer in the loving Pro Tour?! :captainpop:

Edit: Exiling Sylvan Caryatid and Pharika to make a BB 4/4 indestructible hexproof. :allears:
I hope this drives up the number of chromantiflayer decks at my FNM because it is so hilariously bad like 90% of the time, and when it works it is just so great that you can't be mad at it.

Edit: Can someone repost how to find your lifetime record? I am morbidly curious.

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 10, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

InterrupterJones posted:

Now I'm just holding out hope for some massive lots-of-abilities creature in the Origins/BFZ so that Soulflayer can live on another season. Otherwise, it looks like it might possibly be somewhat viable in Modern maybe?

Soulflayer rotates out along with everything FRF and prior when BFZ hits.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
The list looks pretty similar to this one on TCGplayer: http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=12358

The differences I noticed were Deathmist Raptors and Den Protectors instead of the Tasigurs, Torrent Elementals, and Sultai Charms.

Edit: Just saw Torrent Elemental in G2, so maybe it started out in the board?

Woapalanne
Jul 23, 2007
This account paid for by BJ.

AlternateNu posted:

Theros block and M15 rotates. KTK and FRF don't rotate until Tears comes out next spring, then you have DTK/ORI, BFZ/Sweat, and Tears.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

AlternateNu posted:

... No it doesn't. KTK/FRF don't rotate until 2016. The only thing that rotates when BFZ comes out is Theros and M15.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Woapalanne posted:

Theros block and M15 rotates. KTK and FRF don't rotate until Tears comes out next spring, then you have DTK/ORI, BFZ/Sweat, and Tears.

:negative:

I've been trading like FRF was going to rotate out in October.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, I thought Theros would rotate first, then not too soon after stuff would start rotating out more quickly. I still feel the change is weird and kinda confusing, but whatev's.

Speaking of this match, apparently Whip of Erebos + Dragonlord Atarka = :stare:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

InterrupterJones posted:

It loses its easy Hexproof and Indestructible keywords when Theros rotates, I think it will probably get worse if anything with rotation.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It loses its easy Hexproof and Indestructible keywords when Theros rotates, I think it will probably get worse if anything with rotation.

Hexproof is on old Silumgar though.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

mehall posted:

Hexproof is on old Silumgar though.

You're not really jamming four of those the same way you're doing with Caryatid though.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Any graveyard strategy is going to lose a lot when Wayfinder rotates

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Randy giggling like an idiot at this double Strength from the Fallen.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Hasn't Chromantiflayer been a deck for awhile, though? Tom Ross wrote an article about it months ago when FTR was released IIRC.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Will we have to put Tormod's Crypt in our sideboards after this Pro Tour?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

That deck is so sweet, I loved strength from the fallen when it first got spoiled but never pulled the trigger on making a deck to exploit it.

\/\/\/\/\/\/ :golfclap:

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 10, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cactrot posted:

That deck is so sweet, I loved strength from the fallen when it first got spoiled but never pulled the trigger on making a deck to exploit it.

I'm not sure how you would exploit it, it's not a creature. :v:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Den Protector is so sweet in the Strength form the Fallen deck, wow.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Den Protector is so sweet in the Strength form the Fallen deck, wow.

The card is just great. I'm trying to figure out how to jam it into Gw devotion...

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

A 3/2 that can't be chumped, and has recursion in a color with almost no recursion is pretty good.

I'm so happy I have a Cave Mom promo, its great
:allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

These recursive Den Protectors loving own.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Snacksmaniac posted:

I need a list by 2 p.m. so I can take it to FNM.

My FNM is legacy but still this.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
You're dumb if you don't call it Maternal Witness.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Failboattootoot posted:

I hate this Jamie Parke guy. I don't care how cool this deck is, this level of pointless hand shuffling is unacceptable.

i think hes some kind of chapin understudy. first he tries to rap then he plays weird decks at a pro tour.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
poo poo, chapin just hosed up seriously it sounds like

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Major gently caress up by Chapin there, it's game loss for not revealing cards from Ajani.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

forbidden lesbian posted:

yeah, this is crazy, holy poo poo.

I wasn't paying attention, this was Chapin not revealing from Ajani, right?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

forbidden lesbian posted:

Game loss inc I guess.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
He already played 2 lands the turn he cast Elspeth and got away with it

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
What a dumb way to get a game loss. Chapin kind of did the same thing earlier when he cast Read the Bones and just put the two directly into his hand, forcing him to declare to draw both.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

That's a drat shame. He definitely almost had that one.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Barry Shitpeas posted:

He already played 2 lands the turn he cast Elspeth and got away with it

Yeah.

You can tell he was shaking and everything those last couple turns. He's nervous/tired as hell.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
A drat stupid way to end a nail biting game if it goes through. He didn't reveal it automatically, but in my eyes the card was kept separate from his hand enough to be distinguished.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Chapin looked super nervous for a lot of this game, it's painful watching him misplay the RtB and now this.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
drat, Chapin wigglin' like a worm here. Uncomfortable to listen to him panic over the potential game loss.

e: "I did it because I was trying to play fast" is not a valid excuse haha

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
At this point it seems a little embarrassing that he is continueing to argue the ruling. There is just a point where you admit you hosed up and move on.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Jesus these excuses are flimsy. At the Pro Tour level, it's pretty obvious he should get a game loss here. Debate the validity of the rule afterwards, but no way is a judge going to save you here.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

At this point it seems a little embarrassing that he is continueing to argue the ruling. There is just a point where you admit you hosed up and move on.

Yeah. He's still going to be 5-1. This match won't make or break his tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Did anyone see how the Strength from the Fallen match ended? I missed the last game.

• Locked thread