Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
If you're teaching a module that has a competency like 'be able to solve these types of problems with this method' the assessment somewhere is going to have force you to demonstrate that you can. You have to be one obtuse motherfucker to not get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would rather read a Moby Dick-length tome of LL101s than one page of goons talking about food. Jesus Christ, guys.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mellow Seas posted:

Moby Dick-length

:heysexy:

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Mellow Seas posted:

I would rather read a Moby Dick-length tome of LL101s than one page of goons talking about food. Jesus Christ, guys.

Someone Toxx this man. I physically recoiled when I thought about that much LL101.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

robotsinmyhead posted:

Someone Toxx this man. I physically recoiled when I thought about that much LL101.

Fulchrum is only at 14 pages in this thread, so Moby Dick is a bit far off, but you can get an idea of the nausea out of the most recent 2 to 3 pages of LL101 summaries.

Truly it is a monument to Fulchrum's dedication for sticking with it this long.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Mo_Steel posted:

Fulchrum is only at 14 pages in this thread, so Moby Dick is a bit far off, but you can get an idea of the nausea out of the most recent 2 to 3 pages of LL101 summaries.

Truly it is a monument to Fulchrum's dedication for sticking with it this long.

I usually find that kind of dumb political poo poo mildly amusing, but after a couple of LL101 posts, I end up swearing at the computer screen. They are true artistes in that regard.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Today I spent my lunch hour listening to a group of 60-something men discuss how we'd be better off if the country was run like in Logan's Run, without noticing the apparent irony.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Maybe they just want the whore-teleporters.

Or they believe in Carousel.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

Maybe they just want the whore-teleporters.

Or they believe in Carousel.

Let's build the euthanasia roller coaster.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Does anyone have that cartoon of a town where one half is democrats and the other is republicans and the democrat side is nice and quaint while the republican side is a toxic wasteland filled with pawn shops?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Just went to Wendy's with my little bro.

We're in line to use the free style machine and some guy in a Sherwin Williams shirt was talking to some older gentleman wearing a "Jesus" hat.

"Better be careful wearing that or the Obama REGIME will go after you"

He then went on this rant about how Obama was the Anti-Christ because of the deal with Iran, and about how Jesus said a phrase similar to his name in the bible (in Luke), therefore Obama was the Anti-Christ.

Incredible. I've never seen someone like this in this wild.

e: link to this insanity

http://www.truthorfiction.com/obama-antichrist-video/

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread for it, but can someone explain to me the whole Clinton email thing? My father in law went off on a tangent about how the Clintons can do whatever they want and Hillary deleted all her emails about Benghazi, but I can't find a decent "here's what is factual and here's what is bullshit, and does any of this loving matter" site online. I probably won't even bring it up because gently caress arguing about politics to family, but not being able to find an unbiased account of what happened is kind of annoying.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

AFewBricksShy posted:

Clinton lied, emails died.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread for it, but can someone explain to me the whole Clinton email thing? My father in law went off on a tangent about how the Clintons can do whatever they want and Hillary deleted all her emails about Benghazi, but I can't find a decent "here's what is factual and here's what is bullshit, and does any of this loving matter" site online. I probably won't even bring it up because gently caress arguing about politics to family, but not being able to find an unbiased account of what happened is kind of annoying.

The unbiased account is nothing happened. There is nothing to rebut. The Right is absolutely convinced that HIlary is to blame somehow for Benghazi in some way because she did some thing and despite a complete lack of evidence for two and a half years now they absolutely will not give up on a stone cold trail.

It's hysteria over nothing, because the media is fueled on outrage and if there's no outrage to be had welp better create some out of thin air. You can't rebut it any more than you can prove the non-existence of government agents to someone who is absolutely convinced an invisible gman lives in their closet.

The current scandal is that she used her own email server for a while which is not a good idea but it doesn't mean anything by itself.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
There's something rather grim about the Benghazi story, given we are constantly forced to debunk bullshit Conservative conspiracy theories trying to score political points when one of the victims is literally the creator of the topic we're posting in.

It has to be positively infuriating when opponents use your personal tragedy, or those of your loved ones, to score political points.

PoizenJam fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 10, 2015

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Poizen Jam posted:

There's something rather grim about the Benghazi story, given we are constantly forced to debunk bullshit Conservative conspiracy theories trying to score political points when one of the victims is literally the creator of the topic we're posting in.

Something tells me Vilerat would have found the whole thing darkly hilarious, seeing people constantly having to deal with conspiracy theories surrounding his death in a thread he started.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Poizen Jam posted:

It has to be positively infuriating when opponents use your personal tragedy, or those of your loved ones, to score political points.

They had vilerat's mother on Fox News paraded around about how she wanted an investigation among other things.

She clearly looked like she was going through grief and didn't seem all that with it. She needs counseling and support, not for Neil Cavuto to interview her for conservative political points.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I thought it was Chris Steven's mother that was being paraded around. Not that that'd be any better. I wish I could be angry about Fox exploiting a grief stricken mother but to be honest it breaches through the barrier of 'outrage' and straight into 'depressing' territory.

Mister Bates posted:

Something tells me Vilerat would have found the whole thing darkly hilarious, seeing people constantly having to deal with conspiracy theories surrounding his death in a thread he started.

I really hope so. :smith:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Poizen Jam posted:

I thought it was Chris Steven's mother that was being paraded around. Not that that'd be any better. I wish I could be angry about Fox exploiting a grief stricken mother but to be honest it breaches through the barrier of 'outrage' and straight into 'depressing' territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zijhKy_Avg

:smith:.

Fox News is loving awful.

She's clearly about to cry, She's clearly upset and they're just using her for talking points.

e2: And they were still doing it. In 20-loving-14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wgNY1XM4ok

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 10, 2015

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It's apparently very common for senior officials to use personal email accounts. Sarah Palin used a Yahoo account, Jeb Bush used Jeb@Jeb.com, Colin Powell used personal email too.

I think it's now forbidden, but the policy went into effect after Hillary left.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

AFewBricksShy posted:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/03/10/timeline-hillary-clintons-email-chain/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2015/03/10/hillary-clintons-emails-a-timeline-of-actions-and-regulations/

Have a good timeline of what she did and how the news broke.

The main points is that it wasn't illegal, was noticed years ago, and anything to smear her will be used as fully as possible.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

happyhippy posted:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/03/10/timeline-hillary-clintons-email-chain/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2015/03/10/hillary-clintons-emails-a-timeline-of-actions-and-regulations/

Have a good timeline of what she did and how the news broke.

The main points is that it wasn't illegal, was noticed years ago, and anything to smear her will be used as fully as possible.

Thank you. I'll probably just ignore him like I do with everyone elses politics but at least I have the info.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

AFewBricksShy posted:

Thank you. I'll probably just ignore him like I do with everyone elses politics but at least I have the info.

The hell you are. You're gonna dump that poo poo on him and tell us how it turns out. :colbert:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It's apparently very common for senior officials to use personal email accounts. Sarah Palin used a Yahoo account, Jeb Bush used Jeb@Jeb.com, Colin Powell used personal email too.

I think it's now forbidden, but the policy went into effect after Hillary left.

From that Washington Post article:

quote:

Nov. 4, 2005: The State Department updates the Foreign Affairs manual to state that “sensitive but unclassified” information should not be transmitted through personal e-mail accounts. “It is the Department’s general policy that normal day-to-day operations be conducted on an authorized AIS [Automated Information System], which has the proper level of security control to provide nonrepudiation, authentication and encryption, to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the resident information,” the manual says.

Jan. 13, 2009: Clintonemail.com domain name is registered to a person named Justin Cooper, a senior adviser to former president Bill Clinton. (He then signs it over to a company called Perfect Privacy LLC, which offers private domain registration.) Hillary Clinton begins her confirmation hearings the same day.

Clinton is secretary of state

Jan. 21, 2009: The Senate confirms Clinton as secretary of state.

Oct. 2, 2009: The U.S. Code of federal regulations on handling electronic records is updated: “Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency recordkeeping system.” The responsibility for making and preserving the records is assigned to “the head of each federal agency.”

Nov. 14, 2014: President Obama signs an update of the 1950 Presidential and Federal Records Act. The law expanded the definition of “federal records” to specifically include electronic communications. The law also clarified the responsibilities of federal government officials when they use nongovernment email systems, which includes copying an official record or forwarding a complete copy of the e-mail within 20 days of transmission.

The policy was changed immediately after she took office and she personally was charged with enforcing it. It was already in "hey, please don't do this" territory in 2005. It was not explicitly illegal to use a personal email address at the time she did it, but she was required to store copies of those emails on a governmental system, which she didn't do.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mellow Seas posted:

Be very careful what you wish for. I'm currently building a web app for an interview, and I am likely to just do a raw, full sized helldump this week, without the comments.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ah screw it, better to get it over and done with now.

THIS WEEK IN LL101!

Stay tuned for part 2

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Fulchrum posted:

I actually tried to read these. I gave up after a dozen. Now I have a headache.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Oh man my favorite game: is this person a moron or intentionally misrepresenting Obama?

It's my favorite game because the answer is always both.

quote:

Says the person who has spent a non-zero amount of time complaining about businesses being compelled to make cakes for the gays. :colbert:

quote:

LIBRULS THINK SMART BUT LIBRULS ACTUALLY DUMB HEH

quote:

You know what LL101, if you truly believed Christians were mere years away from being massacred in a millions-large genocide in the U.S. and you had any moral sense at all you'd probably take up arms in violent protest against such an outcome. I've been over this before, but that you haven't means you're either spineless cowards happy to sit by and watch the New Holocaust, or you're disingenuous shitlords who are making light of a travesty to try and gin up outrage over a political discussion. You choose. (Again it's both).

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 11, 2015

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VorpalBunny posted:

I actually tried to read these. I gave up after a dozen. Now I have a headache.
Welcome to my world.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

This is so disingenuous.

No one is asking you to make a cake that is any different than you would for a straight couple, just gently caress off with this poo poo.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
The thing that bothers the poo poo out of me is the constant conflation of Christianity with being a bigoted shitstain. For any of that logic to make sense then Jesus would have to have said, "yo, judge the poo poo out of people, and let those fuckers know they done wrong." I have a suspicion he may have said something different than that.

It's like they're strawmanning their own religion.

Fulchrum posted:

THIS WEEK IN LL101!

<morass of loving delusional awful nonsense>

Stay tuned for part 2

"Stay tuned..." loving broke me dude. It broke me. I was like, "phew, this poo poo's over.." and then my heart sank.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

ErIog posted:

"Stay tuned..." loving broke me dude. It broke me. I was like, "phew, this poo poo's over.." and then my heart sank.

I was done about halfway through the list. Sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit.

apathetic JAP
Dec 28, 2011

it tastes like pink.

ErIog posted:

The thing that bothers the poo poo out of me is the constant conflation of Christianity with being a bigoted shitstain. For any of that logic to make sense then Jesus would have to have said, "yo, judge the poo poo out of people, and let those fuckers know they done wrong." I have a suspicion he may have said something different than that.

Do you find yourself yelling at the screen as you read them too, or is it just me?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fulchrum posted:

THIS WEEK IN LL101!

Stay tuned for part 2

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011

ErIog posted:

It's also annoying that these same bakeries make cakes for second or third weddings without batting an eye. And I'll be they make cakes for baby showers for single mothers as well.

If you are going to claim religious exemptions, you need to apply them evenly. Maybe these idiots could have a questionnaire to make sure they aren't baking cakes for sinful celebrations. Nope, they just hate the gays.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Some batshit crazy woman posted:

When he asked whether she would provide flowers for an adulterer or someone who had “dishonored” their parents, she replied affirmatively.

“Well, why would you serve them but not serve someone who is gay?” Tuchman asked.

“It’s just a different kind of sin to me,” [Melissa] Jeffcoat replied. “I just don’t believe in it.”
:psyboom:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I think I need to stop following this thread. All these LL101 posts are just making me too angry and it can't be good for my mental health.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The LL posts were making me angry at first but I feel like my eyes just slide right off the screen now if I try to look at them. They've finally gotten so ridiculously stupid to the point that they just read more like a stupid dog barking than anything resembling a coherent thought.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Normally LL101 projects, but this time they projected so hard it was Imax levels of projection.

Keep up the good work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Opposition to gay marriage is rhetorically justified after the fact by scripture, but doesn't actually originate from it :ssh: