Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

between the guy who gave so many rides in such a short period (3,600 in 10 months) that he would have had to do twelve rides a day every single day with no breaks ever, and this star of a heartwarming story...

gently caress the world

gently caress uber and all, but drat that must have been WAY cheaper than an ambulance ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

As a Millennial I posted:

gently caress uber and all, but drat that must have been WAY cheaper than an ambulance ride

last i checked an ambulance ride was around six hundo

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

i didn't know the onion had a print edition

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

i know this is a joke but one of my cool memories of my family trip to San Francisco when I was like 14 was finding a newsbox with physical The Onions and taking one home with me :3:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Main Paineframe posted:

for more than 20 years, in fact

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Main Paineframe posted:

iirc the print edition is older than the online edition

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

graph posted:

the ambulance I took didn't file my claim in time, so I get to pay it

$695

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

theflyingexecutive posted:

the ambulance I took didn't file my claim in time, so I get to pay it

$695

thank you!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

graph posted:

lmao, what's wrong with your country that you put up with that?

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

jre posted:

in many cases, the local medical establishment is the only employer that pays decently.

it's like military pork. if we quit giving billions of dollars in military aid to Egypt, a lot of families that depend on breadwinners who work at the tank plant in Lima, OH would be destitute.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

jre posted:

millions of 'temporarily' embarrassed billionaires

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Citizen Tayne posted:

it's like military pork. if we quit giving billions of dollars in military aid to Egypt, a lot of families that depend on breadwinners who work at the tank plant in Lima, OH would be destitute.

so like broken windows then

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jre posted:

i'm healthy now so i'm not concerned about an amberlamps ride

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Subjunctive posted:

so like broken windows then

ya but we get to break everyone elses windows

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Munkeymon posted:

millions of 'temporarily' embarrassed billionaires

:bahgawd: hurrrr nhs death panels , we don't want that :bahgawd:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

in many cases, the local medical establishment is the only employer that pays decently.

except social programs and work programs don't have layer after layer of administration and stockholders skimming off the top

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

trivia: this is a huge kkk outpost

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

except social programs and work programs don't have layer after layer of administration and stockholders skimming off the top

The Tory government moved the back to work program to the private sector to get that sweet sweet private sector efficiency. They are keeping it going even after a study showed the private program cost vastly more and had a worse outcome that doing nothing. e.g. You were less likely to get a job after their intervention vs no intervention at all. :britain:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

administration would be ok

stockholders is a no no

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

As a Millennial I posted:

ambulances also have semi-qualified medical professionals and equipment on board to make sure you dont die in transit, plus they get to ignore traffic laws when theyre hauling your dumb rear end around and there are also laws specifically saying other cars have to get the hell out of their way so they can get you there faster

if you need to get to the hospital right now or youre going to die, your first impulse should not be to call a taxi, even if its a disruptive internet taxi

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Main Paineframe posted:

semi-qualified medical professionals

pretend i quoted the joosevan pastebin

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ruby idiot railed posted:

administration would be ok

stockholders is a no no

tbf, any program needs administrators, but I would rather have them be civil servants with capped salaries than executives writing bonuses for themselves

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

tbf, any program needs administrators, but I would rather have them be civil servants with capped salaries than executives writing bonuses for themselves

when executive salaries aren't connected to the headcount that reports to them, there's no incentive to grow administrative headcount without bound

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

quote:

Lyft Introduces 'Profiles,' A Social Networking Feature For Riders And Drivers To Connect Over Mutual Interests And Friends

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lyft drivers reportedly being swiped right.

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

do you like me driver?? swerve right if so

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Main Paineframe posted:

ambulances also have semi-qualified medical professionals and equipment on board to make sure you dont die in transit, plus they get to ignore traffic laws when theyre hauling your dumb rear end around and there are also laws specifically saying other cars have to get the hell out of their way so they can get you there faster

if you need to get to the hospital right now or youre going to die, your first impulse should not be to call a taxi, even if its a disruptive internet taxi

if i were gonna uber to the hospital i'd try to find an rear end in a top hat in a lifted truck or hummer who can just ramp over speedbumps and whose driving behavior is typical for such a vehicle

hmmm this gives me an idea for disruption of the paramedic business

i bet they make seatcovers that're easy to wash blood out of

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
swipe left dale

noooooooo

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if i were gonna uber to the hospital i'd try to find an rear end in a top hat in a lifted truck or hummer who can just ramp over speedbumps and whose driving behavior is typical for such a vehicle

hmmm this gives me an idea for disruption of the paramedic business

i bet they make seatcovers that're easy to wash blood out of

made out of the same material your parents used to keep your pee off the mattress

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ruby idiot railed posted:

Lyft Introduces 'Profiles,' A Social Networking Feature For Riders And Drivers To Connect Over Mutual Interests And Friends

i was certain this was fake, holy poo poo. at this point they may as well go all the way and just called it profiling.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

sounds like ambulances are a market that's ripe for disruption. make it happen travis

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I agree completely but social programs don't fly in Peoria.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
hell, Pittsburgh's mayor just made an executive decree that any new streets built must be walkable and include green space, and people are up in arms over that.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

hell, Pittsburgh's mayor just made an executive decree that any new streets built must be walkable and include green space, and people are up in arms over that.

whats the over/under on those people not even living in the city

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

every inch of green space is an inch that i could be driving to the game on

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

graph posted:

whats the over/under on those people not even living in the city

one of the P-G's most prominent posters, who complains constantly about how the city needs to accommodate "people who belong downtown" like him, lives in Upper St Clair.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my favorite intersections are the ones built after they mandated pedestrian accessibility, so they put one square yard of sidewalk on each corner, in front of a wall

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
gently caress a whole bunch of upper st clair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

they must have passed some law in the past few years because this poo poo is all over the pittsburgh suburbs, and here's one in Reading PA http://www.kunstler.com/eyesore_201111.html

green space

• Locked thread