Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tatsuta Age posted:

Please understand

Eh, it's a fully open-world Zelda game instead of the semi-linear ones in the past. That's gonna eat up a lot more development time to make sure things don't break just because you went to Dungeon C instead of Dungeon F first and then went into the second house on the left in the town and oops now all your progress is glitched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Smoremaster posted:

I took another look at some of the games in the OP and ended up ordering a Wii U on Amazon. welp

I'm not seeing a problem here. :D

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Looks like it's Lego's answer to Skylanders/Disney Infinity/Amiibo.

drat. I thought we were finally getting Lego Minecraft but with IPs.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

You know, Mike Jones. That guy who went around trying to save the world from zombies and aliens and attacked with a yo-yo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Also even though they're mostly the same boxers, after you beat it there's a cool title defense thing where they all have new gimmicks

Like you might actually lose to Glass Joe

I really want to get to Title Defense to see the new gimmicks but I've been stuck on Mr. Sandman for like a week.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Finally

I was waiting for someone to link that dumb thing, and I couldn't think of anything else to say other than "Mike Jones gets ESP powers"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Smoremaster posted:

I took another look at some of the games in the OP and ended up ordering a Wii U on Amazon. welp

W101, Bayonetta 1/2, Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros, Pikmin 3, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze are all extremely good games worth buying a Wii U for

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Right, so I finished Affordable Space Adventures in a little over 4 hours. If you're concerned about length, I would highly recommend against purchasing this game. If you aren't, it's a really strong, polished puzzle experience that never gives itself even half a chance to become repetitive, always presenting new mechanics and ideas. The last half-hour or so of the game is tense, extremely atmospheric, and gorgeous. I would like to see more people try stuff like this with the gamepad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How many levels were there in ASA? I got through level 16 last night and was wondering how far along I am.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

greatn posted:

How many levels were there in ASA? I got through level 16 last night and was wondering how far along I am.
Since I generally don't like to know a game's exact length, myself, I'll tag it: 38 levels.
A number of the later stages are pretty long, but the length of each level is just kinda' all over the place.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Edit: aw geez

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 10, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

How do I reach that last torch on the bridge in things betwixt? It's over the area guarded by a stone statue.

Hah, see I knew Bloodborne was coming to the Wii U

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I hope Ornstein gets in smash

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ruggington posted:

I hope Ornstein gets in smash

Ice Climbers were actually cut so they could add Or stein and Smough.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

Hah, see I knew Bloodborne was coming to the Wii U

Goddammit I really wanna buy a Bloodborne-S4 but that is like the only game on there I really want to play that isn't also just on PC.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
I'm pretty psyched for my Wii U that is arriving tomorrow. I got the deluxe edition which comes with Mario 3D world and Nintendoland. I also went and bought a hard copy of Wind Waker HD. I never had a Gamecube so this will be my first time playing it. I can't wait!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Smoremaster posted:

I'm pretty psyched for my Wii U that is arriving tomorrow. I got the deluxe edition which comes with Mario 3D world and Nintendoland. I also went and bought a hard copy of Wind Waker HD. I never had a Gamecube so this will be my first time playing it. I can't wait!

shoulda got an xbone

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Waltzing Along posted:

shoulda got an xbone

Wait, you're not Taint Reaper.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Waltzing Along posted:

shoulda got an xbone

The Yikes guy but his sad face is the Whitewater guy.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Smoremaster posted:

Oooo, oooo, get ALL the games, they are so good. The Wii U might not have sales or a normal controller or third party support or a chance in hell, but it does happen to have the best ratio of good games to shovelware for once!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Smoremaster posted:

I know I gave you a hard time before but you're in for a loving incredible weekend of gaming

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Xenoblade X is the only real honest to god game coming out for the Wii-U

Splatoon is a hot mess delivered directly from a buffalo's rear end right into your face.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Taint Reaper posted:

Xenoblade X is the only real honest to god game coming out for the Wii-U

Splatoon is a hot mess delivered directly from a buffalo's rear end right into your face.

yer a good troll. not redshirt level, but yer up there.

congrats.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I'm noticing that the more people ignore him, the more blunt he tries to be.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Theta Zero posted:

Ob-Wan rules man, Obi-Wan rules.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Theta Zero posted:

I don't get how anyone is actually ignoring him at all since even after I put him on my ignore list I've been able to read all his posts as quotes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
lol at anyone who actually uses the ignore list

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
With all the buzz around Splatoon, have there been any review copies out yet? I'm not into multiplayer shooters, but I am into portal, which the single player seems to be somewhat reminiscent of. Does anyone know how etensive the single player campaign is going to be? If it's large enough I'll be down for getting it to see if I maybe like the "redefinition" of online shooters.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The Lobster posted:

Oooo, oooo, get ALL the games, they are so good. The Wii U might not have sales or a normal controller or third party support or a chance in hell, but it does happen to have the best ratio of good games to shovelware for once!

It has a normal controller. Nintendo just had an odd mentality of promoting leftover Wii Remotes over it with their early games.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The Lobster posted:

Sales going on right now in the eShop...

Vegastar posted:

So here's what's in that Spring sale from the NA press release:

WiiU:

Pikmin 3 - 41.99
Captain Toad - 27.99
Golden Sun (GBA) - 5.59
F-Zero Maximum Velocity (GBA) - 4.89
Sportsball - 7.00
Castlestorm - 6.99
A World of Keflings - 6.99
Chariot - 10.49

3DS:

Kirby Triple Deluxe - 24.49
Tetris Ultimate - 13.99
Mario Kart 7 - 20.99
Tomodachi Life - 24.49
Mighty Gunvolt - 2.79
SMB: Lost Levels - 3.49
Kersploosh! - 2.09
Whoa Dave! - 3.49
Siesta Fiesta - 3.99

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Lobster posted:

It doesn't come with the console, but the Pro controller is not only a "normal controller" but is arguably the best controller on any console

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

raditts posted:

It doesn't come with the console, but the Pro controller is not only a "normal controller" but is arguably the best controller on any console

Its only 'flaw' is that it's light. Otherwise it is probably the Best Controller. Its initial charge lasted me four months. :stare:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

DoctorWhat posted:

lol at anyone who actually uses the ignore list

rip all the taints

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mercury Crusader posted:

rip all the taints

it's spelled "reap"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

greatn posted:

With all the buzz around Splatoon, have there been any review copies out yet? I'm not into multiplayer shooters, but I am into portal, which the single player seems to be somewhat reminiscent of. Does anyone know how etensive the single player campaign is going to be? If it's large enough I'll be down for getting it to see if I maybe like the "redefinition" of online shooters.

It comes out at the end of May so we're ways away from review stuff.

It doesn't actually help estimate how extensive single player is, but every Amiibo unlocks 20 extra missions, which seem to be just doing a single player mission with a different weapon, so it might be 20 levels?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Just got a wii u because of this thread.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Just got a wii u because of this thread.

did u just get a wii u? is that it? just the wii u?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

There's a buffer on the sides for overscan, and that has to stay there. Notice how no UI elements anywhere on the screen extend past a certain point on the left and right.

Also, that's not the full roster. It's missing 4 characters. As characters unlock, the icons shrink horizontally to accommodate more columns while still respecting the buffer zones. They'll shrink again once there's 3 or more DLC fighters, so there's no particular limit.

Full current roster with buffer zones marked:

Weird, the overscan is so good horizontally, but I always have to set my wii U up to perfect overscan due to the vertical overscan being so awful on different tournament setups.
Kudos to you for calling out my first google search result image that looked approximately the correct shape.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

oddium posted:

it's spelled "reap"

reap in piece all the taints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Really enjoying Lego Batman 3 only to find out none of the DLC is available for Wii U.

No Lego Diggle :argh:

• Locked thread