Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
So the x5 bonuses have arrived but I can't see the missions for the tank on the EU servers, they're not up yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Praise RNGesus! (Watch this until the end :ssh:)

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Rutkowski posted:

So the x5 bonuses have arrived but I can't see the missions for the tank on the EU servers, they're not up yet?

Same. They've been there for the past three days but marked as 'unavailable' but now the mission tab is empty, they've probably hosed it somehow.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Restarting the game worked for me.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So the T-34-85M is back. It's honestly not a bad tank, it's just not *good*. It doesn't have pref-MM, so it can see T8s, and it honestly needs the better 85mm, but if you're smart, it's a damned good mid-field tank.

If you've been looking for a decent Russian medium crew trainer and don't have a 907 from CW, the package in the store isn't *that* awfully priced. At least you get 30d + 950g as well.

And before anyone new asks...DO NOT BUY THE GROSSTRAKTOR.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And before anyone new asks...DO NOT BUY THE GROSSTRAKTOR.

If trob isn't currently suffering from some form of autism he probably has some harsh words for you, then again I think he dropped it after they implemented the pubbie-rng changes to the accuracy.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm sure it's a playable tank, it's just that if you're going to spend real money for a low-tier German heavy tank, you should've done it while the B2 was up for sale.

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
Are there any other premium tanks worth buying that are on sale? I'm thinking the Matilda ?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Since I am on track to getting a free SU-100Y, should I buy one with gold now? That way when I do get it I can get a little extra gold...

Also, thanks for the suggestions.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

sc0tty posted:

Are there any other premium tanks worth buying that are on sale? I'm thinking the Matilda ?

http://pastebin.com/x6pjZhDj

Mesadoram posted:

Since I am on track to getting a free SU-100Y, should I buy one with gold now? That way when I do get it I can get a little extra gold...

Also, thanks for the suggestions.

Yes.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 10, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Quick and dirty math tells me I will make 975g doing it like this.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 10, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Didn't WG change it so you only get refunded the price you paid when you bought it? Or was that something they just talked about doing?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Prav posted:

Didn't WG change it so you only get refunded the price you paid when you bought it? Or was that something they just talked about doing?

I got a nice bonus for my Combat Car, and I paid nothing for it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
T-34-85M is up in a bundle for £20 with a month of premium and 1700 gold for the next few days on EU. Not sure if it's worth it but I'll probably buy it anyway.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Ensign Expendable posted:

I got a nice bonus for my Combat Car, and I paid nothing for it.

Same, but I'm wondering how it applies to stuff bought on discount.

Mephistopheles
Sep 24, 2003

How can I help you?
FCM 50t is 13% off in the premium shop. Worth buying at that price?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mephistopheles posted:

FCM 50t is 13% off in the premium shop. Worth buying at that price?

Worth buying at full price.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Infected posted:

If trob isn't currently suffering from some form of autism he probably has some harsh words for you, then again I think he dropped it after they implemented the pubbie-rng changes to the accuracy.

im autism

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I like my Ram II :smith:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wasn't the AT-15 premium buffed so it had limited mm and given more HP?

Edit: It still bad though.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 10, 2015

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Rutkowski posted:

you should maybe take the weekend off, the amount of absolut retarded morons coming out of the woodworks for these kind of events is amazing

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Reload the game. For some reason it's being weird with the missions and the celebration garage.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Teron D Amun posted:

you should maybe take the weekend off, the amount of absolut retarded morons coming out of the woodworks for these kind of events is amazing

Yeah its pretty bad, spot 12 tanks lemming training down a line to our cap what does the team do? lemming train to some camping spot and then do nothing and get capped out.

Also, this just happened:

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 10, 2015

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Teron D Amun posted:

But... it may be one of the few times I'll find people worse than me at tonks. Which makes me feel a whole lot better.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

According to WG NA, in order to complete the missions all I have to do is place in the top ten EXP earners for 30 missions in a row? Looks like in 30 rounds with the PZ. B2 I get a free Chi nu Kai.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Seems a bit harsh to punish someone with a CNK just for doing some sealclubbing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The French Army posted:

According to WG NA, in order to complete the missions all I have to do is place in the top ten EXP earners for 30 missions in a row? Looks like in 30 rounds with the PZ. B2 I get a free Chi nu Kai.

I think "Winning" is part of the equation as well, at least for part 1. 15 matches where you are top 10 xp and a win

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
The glory of the French line. Also, lights pad WN8 so bad that its turned the metric into a joke. I'm averaging 3500 wn8 in lights since I rebought the 1390.

This because I shot gold rounds out of my T59.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

BadLlama posted:

Wasn't the AT-15 premium buffed so it had limited mm and given more HP?

Edit: It still bad though.

I hear it's actually good now, though not E-25 levels of good which it shares a bracket with. However even thinking about the stupid piece of poo poo gives me PTSD so I'm not going to confirm it.

One of two premium tanks I sold for credits, the other being the Matilda BP.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Desuwa posted:

I hear it's actually good now, though not E-25 levels of good which it shares a bracket with. However even thinking about the stupid piece of poo poo gives me PTSD so I'm not going to confirm it.

One of two premium tanks I sold for credits, the other being the Matilda BP.

It is still bad. The armor layout is just terrible - it is great if your opponents are aiming for weak spots where they're liable to whiff with creative jiggling, but if they just snapshot they're liable to hit something they can pen, and it still has the weak spot straight down the gun.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You guys think the excelsior is pretty friendly for a new player?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Teron D Amun posted:

The cutlery draw is open and there are spoons everywhere.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

BadLlama posted:

The T14 is probably better, it is the slightly better tank and it's a fair bit more idiot proof with the good side armour. They both need a fair bit of APCR and the T14 does get rather poor pen, but a really new player probably should ignore premium ammo until they know when to use it so they don't just piss away their credits.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

BadLlama posted:

Yes but not quite as friendly as a t14 or church 3.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

JohnGalt posted:

This guy must be a trillionaire if he earns 110k a tear.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

JohnGalt posted:

You with your "modules"

Real men only drive stock tanks

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

This guy must be a trillionaire if he earns 110k a tear.

A tearllionare.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Something I noticed, why doesn't the 4 year anniversary garage have a Russian flag?

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
So tomorrow will be jammed packed with the premium Japanese tanks. So whats the best tank to go and shoot pubbies ? KV-1S with the 120mm? M4 with the derp? Pz4 with the derp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008
Lorraine trip report:

Game 1: 6 on team dead before 2nd clip can be loaded. 5 shots is apparently 1440 wn8!
Game 2: turret popped off by isu-152 before sixth can go off
Game 3: snapshotted by su-152 who loaded ap (??) then finished off by arty while full speed in reverse swerving like a stupid rear end motherfucker

death to the lorraine

e: game 3 was a win as only 1 other person on the team died and i got an amazing 3k xp x5 please kill me now