Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
This is silly. The clue was for the blue collar idol because it had not been found yet, and production wanted it found by someone. I suspect there may be another idol put into play soon, but maybe not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah agreed.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Spatula City posted:

This is silly. The clue was for the blue collar idol because it had not been found yet, and production wanted it found by someone. I suspect there may be another idol put into play soon, but maybe not.

Probably will have to do with the special twist...

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Also, I started hanging out in r/survivor, and Max has been posting there occasionally. He responded to something saying that the clue was for a merge idol and not the Blue Collar idol by saying "False" or "Incorrect". Something to that effect.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MisterZimbu posted:

All I do is uncontrollably shout out "MURRRIKA" whenever the tribe banner is shown.

If you don't do this, you're not a true Murican. :colbert: :911:

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Poque posted:

am I the only person who recites Jeff's lines along with him during tribal council? Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

I'm a horrible nerd

Whenever you post "Previously on... SURVIVOR!" it really helps me find the livewatch part of the thread, which I find useful since I gotta watch it non-live.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Metropolis posted:

Whenever you post "Previously on... SURVIVOR!" it really helps me find the livewatch part of the thread, which I find useful since I gotta watch it non-live.
I'm pretty sure that's not it's intent but rather getting a 'top post' in.
Either way, yes it is helpful :)

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Metropolis posted:

:wink:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Nexal will have to take over soon because my bowling league moves to Wednesdays in a few weeks.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Poque posted:

Nexal will have to take over soon because my bowling league moves to Wednesdays in a few weeks.

Nexal actually got a new job and he has to sleep when survivor is being broadcasted in Merica.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Poque posted:

am I the only person who recites Jeff's lines along with him during tribal council? Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

I'm a horrible nerd

I always do "Once again, immunity is back up for grabs."

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I throw my hands in the air and hold up two fingers whenever anything good happens at my house. My wife was working on a puzzle for our toddler and I started to jeffnarate the events.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I tuck my Jeff Probst cardboard cutout into bed at night and then I sleep on the couch because we're waiting till marriage

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

blue squares posted:

I tuck my Jeff Probst cardboard cutout into bed at night and then I sleep on the couch because we're waiting till marriage

Read this as "...waiting til merge".

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

SweetJahasus posted:

Read this as "...waiting til merge".

Only way to ensure somebody's dateable.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MildShow posted:

Only way to ensure somebody's dateable.

:golfclap:

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Poque posted:

I'm a horrible nerd

I say the "Stay tuned for scenes from out next episode." They've been using that audio clip for years so the dictation is second nature to me. God, I feel lame.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, once again late to the show after a busy week.

Count me in on Team "gently caress Mike." He's competent and compared to the rest of these people he's at least TRYING to play a social game, so I give him that, but I just don't like him. He's grating and the whole "blue collar hero" thing he and the editors are pushing so hard is transparent and annoying. And that comes from a blue collar worker who was rooting for the blue collars until they proved to all be obnoxious as all hell.

I think the tough thing about this group is that its hard to decide who can win and who's playing the better social game because they ALL seem to be playing weak social games besides Carolyn. Carolyn actually seems to be pretty good at getting everyone to love her and not care that she's been duplicitous as gently caress. Everyone else seems to just be on some range of "awkward as hell", "aggressively obnoxious", and "aloofly unconcerned." For as much as I like Joe and Jenn they don't seem terribly interested in playing that part of that game. I guess that's "No Collar" for you?

I'll chalk that whiny Jenn video complaining about Joe up to pissy moments on the island. People are entitled to be pissed outside the game as long as they keep their heads in the game. Then again the "dumbest move of the game" thing is a little jarring because it makes it sound like she's taking the reward snub too much to heart. But it also seems like that could be more of a the bad social play all around. If Joe hasn't done a good enough assuring Jenn and Hali that they're good and he just has to try and court swing votes to survive than that's as much on him as it is on her/them for not getting it.

I won't miss Hali because I thought she was kind of a do nothing brat but it was still a bummer to see the Blues get a little more powerful. If Carolyn and Tyler don't make sure a Blue goes next I'm going to go ahead and call them fools. I think Tyler is an idiot anyway but I've still got a little hope for Carolyn. But if they let the Blues work that Jenn/Joe/Shirin trio down to 2 and put their faith in Rodney/Will than they deserve to be losers.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Not a word about Dan?!

Carolyn's playing okay. In the beginning Rodney was going on and on about his mother, so she seems to have latched on to her maternal role as his Mama C. But if she was better at the social game she wouldn't actively hold the grudge against Shirin.
Which brings up the oddest thing about this season: so many fans and self-proclaimed "superfans" don't seem to understand that there will be a jury at the end, and if they don't like you, they're not going to vote for you to win $1 million.

I wish Shirin had told Dan about this when he was haranguing her: "Okay Dan, you're right, I'm in the wrong alliance and will end up at Ponderosa where I'm going to make sure everyone knows you're a piece of poo poo and that they should vote for anyone but you at the end. Happy now mister superfan?"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, once again late to the show after a busy week.

Count me in on Team "gently caress Mike." He's competent and compared to the rest of these people he's at least TRYING to play a social game, so I give him that, but I just don't like him. He's grating and the whole "blue collar hero" thing he and the editors are pushing so hard is transparent and annoying. And that comes from a blue collar worker who was rooting for the blue collars until they proved to all be obnoxious as all hell.

Agreed. He is just so unbelievably obnoxious. After the first couple episodes, the blue collars are really the only group that have held onto their label so fiercely, and they're acting just so awfully because of it.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
Pretty sure Hali mentioned they thought Joe picked the right people but her and Jenn were just pissed he didn't even try to do anything with the opportunity.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Joe doesn't need to do things like looks for idols or play social games cuz he already knows he's going full Colby and winning every single challenge :colbert:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Any more casting news for next season?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Someone roped me into playing Awful Survivor "this season". I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, and im actually getting scared as crap :lol: since it starts tomorrow. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to actual survivor. Hahaha! I can't talk with people afterwards about the game, but I think it's ok if I say that I'm in it, particularly since this is just about the most relevant thread to announce it.

Even if I get "supporters" it doesn't matter since I can't read anything outside of my tribe, since I'm on the island, and even if I did, it wouldn't matter for the game, but I'd still like to keep posting here on topic about the real survivor :) So don't get me banned or kicked out of the game, but if anybody wants to give me a generic pep talk, PLEASE DO.. IM SCARED AS poo poo. TViV for the win?

Oh man, what have I done. :classiclol:

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
hello i am adus from awful survivor ADTRW. awful survivor is time consuming and stressful but also a very cool approximation of the real game.

the fact that it can be so stressful is part of what makes it great. everyone who loves survivor should give it a shot sometime.

the best way to prepare would be to browse some of the previous threads and viewer vistas.

advice would probably be play hard, but also remember it's just a game, so have fun.

i wish you the best of luck on this incredible journey.

namaste.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Adus posted:

hello i am adus from awful survivor ADTRW. awful survivor is time consuming and stressful but also a very cool approximation of the real game.

the fact that it can be so stressful is part of what makes it great. everyone who loves survivor should give it a shot sometime.

the best way to prepare would be to browse some of the previous threads and viewer vistas.

advice would probably be play hard, but also remember it's just a game, so have fun.

i wish you the best of luck on this incredible journey.

namaste.

Yay! That's all I needed was one person to say "you won't immediately suck total rear end" since I haven't been on the forums for a while and I have no idea what is going to happen. I read up on many threads but it's hard to know how it works until you are in there. My worst fear Is actually goon retaliation outside of game parameters. My best skills- reading people's faces, accents, sign language, 3 verbal languages, puzzles, being really hilarious and cute and adorable in person and being a human lie detector, being able to "read the room" which I think is a particularly dorky problem, being a bit fatty but super coordinated anyways (I used to have a U.S. tennis rating and I succesfully played keeper on an indoor soccer team for 6 years and was on the Olympic development team - talk about falling down and not getting hurt) , and an absolutely heartbreaking true story, are all irrelevant on the Internet.

I will nevr post of this again. I just wanted to tell people I'm in awful survivor, and I may be out in a day because I don't have any sa friends, but then I get to watch the comments :) carry on!! But go root for me, even if I can't see it. =D sorry if I posted a bit, I'm super nervous :lol: it's so silly I'm so nervous for an Internet game. It kind of gives me a glimpse of what would happen if I ever got called for an actual survivor casting. Okey dokey, carry on!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
The best part of Awful Survivor is making goon friends. :3: It's fun and don't get too stressed out!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DaisyDanger posted:

The best part of Awful Survivor is making goon friends. :3:

The best part is backstabbing your goon friends :unsmigghh:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

The best part is backstabbing your goon friends :unsmigghh:

Or not doing that and just being awesome. :)

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Poque posted:

I'm a horrible nerd

"Wanna know what you're playing for?"

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

DoggPickle posted:

Someone roped me into playing Awful Survivor "this season". I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, and im actually getting scared as crap :lol: since it starts tomorrow. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to actual survivor. Hahaha! I can't talk with people afterwards about the game, but I think it's ok if I say that I'm in it, particularly since this is just about the most relevant thread to announce it.

Even if I get "supporters" it doesn't matter since I can't read anything outside of my tribe, since I'm on the island, and even if I did, it wouldn't matter for the game, but I'd still like to keep posting here on topic about the real survivor :) So don't get me banned or kicked out of the game, but if anybody wants to give me a generic pep talk, PLEASE DO.. IM SCARED AS poo poo. TViV for the win?

Remember, if you miss a challenge due to an un-missable work obligation that you will be immediately met with retribution and voted off so drop everything in your real life (especially your baby, if you have one) and get on the internet you loving casual.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

If the first two or three seasons are any indicator, make sure that you know the solved solution to Connect Four

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DoggPickle posted:

I envy you. :) Played in two seasons, met some real cool people that I continue to be friends with today, lost a lot of sleep, but had a lot of fun. You're in for a treat.

Look for those idols. :)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Silly Burrito posted:

I envy you. :) Played in two seasons, met some real cool people that I continue to be friends with today, lost a lot of sleep, but had a lot of fun. You're in for a treat.

Look for those idols. :)

:hfive:

Played in the same two seasons as Burrito! It's a blast.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I wish I had time

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

DoggPickle posted:

My worst fear Is actually goon retaliation outside of game parameters.

i don't completely know what you mean by this. are you afraid of people harassing you outside of the game for something that happens inside the game? cause that probably won't happen.

you're actually way more likely to make friends rather than enemies.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Awesome guys! Thanks! I hope to have fun and make friends, but to be honest, sometimes goons are scary. :lol: At least I don't have a job, so there's that!

It's actually kind of funny, how it's turning out to be kind of indicative of how I'd behave in actual survivor, against my thought-out strategy, because I've already gone all paranoid and stupid, and it hasn't even started yet. Doh. :cheers: to making friends and just having fun, and not getting pummeled for the rest of time because I can't copy and paste correctly, or something equally retarded.

edit - Adus, I'm not super scared of that, it's just that it only takes one basement troll to turn into a real p.i.t.a. and I've had that happen before here, but it was >ten years ago. Okay enough about me. That's sounding all E\N and whine-y, and I didn't mean it that way! Bring on the battleship :)

DoggPickle fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 13, 2015

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DoggPickle posted:

Bring on the battleship :)

Be careful what you wish for.....

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

This is my first Survivor season, and I binged through all the aired episodes so far this season, and man, I was hoping every season was this great. :ese:

Reading through this thread tells me that I just happened to have stumbled upon a great season though, so I may just check out the few seasons everyone talks about here as some binge material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

kloa posted:

This is my first Survivor season, and I binged through all the aired episodes so far this season, and man, I was hoping every season was this great. :ese:

Reading through this thread tells me that I just happened to have stumbled upon a great season though, so I may just check out the few seasons everyone talks about here as some binge material.

I don't think this season is a huge amount better than Brains, Beauty, Brawn or some of the other recent seasons.

It's definitely better than last season, because last season was terrible.

• Locked thread