Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Man I do not like what they did to Classic. I want to fight a bunch of 1v1s with an occasional team battle or free for all, not all free for alls...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Hey, if you like Project M, follow this channel on Twitch. It's a centralized location to host and watch Project M (in response to so many streams being pressured to drop it).

https://www.twitch.tv/projectmcentral

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Tardcore posted:

All this hate in the smash brothers thread... incredibly hosed up.

This is Super Smash BROTHERS.
Now start showing some love here.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

who is everyone's favorite character in smash brother (old or new)

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I am excited for the return of Lucas.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Nahxela posted:

I am excited for the return of Mewtwo.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nahxela posted:

I am excited for the return of balance.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
it can't return if it was never there

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Reiley posted:

Olimar because I really like Pikmin. And Greninja because he's neat and was my starter in X/Y.

And Ganondorf but he's everyone's favorite so that doesn't really need to be mentioned.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

i think if she was good, instead of not so good, Robin would be my favorite

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

Reiley posted:

Captain Falcon is my favorite fighter thematically and stylistically. I feel like he's the character who embodies the spirit of smash bros the most. Also it's impossible to fight dishonorably with the Falcon and everyone wants you to win.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
falcon is, factually, the original smash bros character, the first and the best

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

^^^^ I agree with both of the above sentiments about the good Captain. He is always a pleasure to fight.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

douglas is a good man

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

Reiley posted:

Of all? I think Mr. Game and Watch. I dunno, he just seemed to click when I started playing (although in 64 I like Jigglypuff).

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Reiley posted:

Banjo Kazooie

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Aston posted:

Banjo Kazooie

The only "trolls" in the Smash thread should be Wario and his husband, Waluigi.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Aston posted:

Banjo Kazooie

Agreed, Duck Hunt is the best.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Reiley posted:

The only "trolls" in the Smash thread should be Wario and his husband, Waluigi.

You appear to be misinformed - Banjo is a bear, not a troll.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Reiley posted:

luigi is the ultimate troll character. so many moves with tragic flaws that are ridiculously powerful in the right situations, and all the animations are hilarious.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Banjo Kazooie's down b will be the egg fart, which will lead to many hilarious edgeguarding situations.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Aston posted:

Banjo Kazooie's down b will be the egg fart, which will lead to many hilarious edgeguarding situations.

There is only one lord of the farts. Only one.

And he does not share garlic.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiSH-s0_2Mg

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Reiley posted:

Lucas, he's finally coming home

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Captain Falcon is the true Smash Bro. There is simply no one who can show their moves as well as he does.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Robin is my favorite character. He may not be a great character overall, but I manage to eke out wins anyway with her and it just feels so satisfying landing Levin Sword hits.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want magolor in the game please make my dream a reality

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want magolor in the game please make my dream a reality
This would be very cool.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Please be nice to one another in the Smash Bros. thread, especially on this National Siblings Day.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
When is Super Smash Bros day?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Treebeh posted:

When is Super Smash Bros day?

April 15th

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The only thing certain in life are death and smashes.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

When you think about it, this whole notion of smashing a brother is pretty hosed up.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Reiley posted:

Protoman when they reveal that the mii dlc armor was a joke and put him in the game

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i get that the reason they went with elec man as an assist trophy was because he was the first robot designed by inafune, but not going with proto man and having his appearance signaled by the whistle was huge missed opportunity imo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I finally decided to vote for Mallo from Pushmo. He deserves to be a fighter, and he will be. I wish I could vote again so I could vote for more Mii fighter styles.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I was at a con recently that had a 200 person smash tourney in which I played as an exhibition 8th man in the clusterfuck rounds. I picked Village because the gyroid special is hilarious to me. I was easily in the bottom 10% of the field but that was okay because I was essentially comic relief. After getting my rear end kicked for over two hours I thought "hey maybe learning this game would be fun".

So my question is this, if I want to be a villager main or whatever, am I setting myself up for a
painful experience? I'm still really bad and only win 1v1s against level 9 PCs like 30% of the time but I don't know if part of it is me being utter trash or if the character is a bit under tuned. I feel like my grab move takes about a million years to do its animation which seems bad.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Villager is quite good. He's not one of the three top tiers but definitely isn't going to get you any weird looks at tournaments or whatever.

Speaking of tournaments I played in a P:M one yesterday and lost first round (single elim). In my defense I lost to the guy who went on to take 4th but I'm still insanely salty

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

So my question is this, if I want to be a villager main or whatever, am I setting myself up for a
painful experience? I'm still really bad and only win 1v1s against level 9 PCs like 30% of the time but I don't know if part of it is me being utter trash or if the character is a bit under tuned. I feel like my grab move takes about a million years to do its animation which seems bad.

Villager is a bit of two categories: an usual character that takes a lot of getting used to but with a big payoff, and a character that requires a near-constant barrage of projectile spamming. Really, the only painful experience will be suffered by the people fighting you.

Also you generally shouldn't go for grabs as Villager unless you're absolutely sure you can hit. The delay is downright brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I was at a con recently that had a 200 person smash tourney in which I played as an exhibition 8th man in the clusterfuck rounds. I picked Village because the gyroid special is hilarious to me. I was easily in the bottom 10% of the field but that was okay because I was essentially comic relief. After getting my rear end kicked for over two hours I thought "hey maybe learning this game would be fun".

Villager is the Literal Devil to fight against

Get in the habit of using his aerial moves a lot -- particularly forward and backward air.

• Locked thread