Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

lol if your posts aren't the best (they aren't. mine are)
White noise poster: kssssshhhhhhhh fssshhh kshkshkshkshkshksh *nods in satisfaction*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

White noise poster: kssssshhhhhhhh fssshhh kshkshkshkshkshksh

*nods in satisfaction*

you've messed with the bull here facts

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bloodychill posted:

They're better than nasgate's but you have to give it to him, he's just telling it how it is and saying what we're all thinking because we all think the same on these, the SA internet forums. I know I only like cultural diversity reflected in games because an fyad poster ironically told me to

Where did nasgate say anything about cultural diversity, he just said he thought Pillars was kinda bad

Is Pillars the new Gone Home or sth where if you're even mildly critical of it, it means you're a crypto-bigot? I'm really not looking forward to having to defend my ideological purity because I don't dig 90s RPGs that much

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is Pillars the new Gone Home or sth where if you're even mildly critical of it, it means you're a crypto-bigot? I'm really not looking forward to having to defend my ideological purity because I don't dig 90s RPGs that much
what are you talking about you loving weirdo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Where did nasgate say anything about cultural diversity, he just said he thought Pillars was kinda bad

Nasgate posted:

Ah yes, gaming was better when it looked like poo poo, controlled like a boat on land, and the story was written by your average 4chan user. lol.

Like seriously, bethesda has better writing than pillars, and it looks like a PS1 game. I grew up on that generation, so i can still enjoy it, but jesus christ what happened to having standards?

Edit, actually that's unfair to the PlayStation. Most of the graphics in Pillars besides the character models are worse looking than 8bit games. Why are you suggesting more isometric games to me steam? Why are you even allowing people to publish games that look 10+years old when they're brand new?

In what world do you live where this says "kinda bad" and is "mildly critical"

Also, surprisingly enough, people don't flip out on you when you present your opinion and criticisms in a way that's not so loving douchey

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bloodychill posted:

They're better than nasgate's but you have to give it to him, he's just telling it how it is and saying what we're all thinking because we all think the same on these, the SA internet forums. I know I only like cultural diversity reflected in games because an fyad poster ironically told me to

That's not nice, friend

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is Pillars the new Gone Home

Baldur's Gate 2 was the original game about finding your lesbian sister

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i don't think i've known an actual person who liked Gone Home but wasn't also critical of it.

It was good IMO but a little expensive for how long it was and the controls were a little early 2000s. i definitely have encountered people who really, REALLY hate it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i hope the developers use their moderate success to fine-tune some of the graphics so that they're a little less glitchy and maybe make something fuller with a different theme.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

if i download FF Record Keeper, is it the kind of thing you can play like 30minutes to an hour a day or does it suck you in and make you want to play it all the time?

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

Bicyclops posted:

if i download FF Record Keeper, is it the kind of thing you can play like 30minutes to an hour a day or does it suck you in and make you want to play it all the time?

It's got a stamina system, so it limits your playtime for you!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

please don't play grindhouse phone games

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I found a Gamestop that still sells Gamecube games. They had a weird rear end Datel memory card for 50 cents and it turns out it's like half of an action replay.

I can apparently unlock F Zero AX with this.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

*grindy phone games

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

the stamina system regens really quickly and after you blow out the first few areas you'll use it really quickly, so it's more like playing for 10 minutes five times a day than playing 30-60 minutes a day

Fungah! posted:

please don't play grindhouse phone games

as long as you aren't like the people in the PAD thread who've spent $750 on gacha poo poo who caresss

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the list of the only worthy NES games comes down to 3 Super Marios(4 with Lost Levels), Two Zeldas, metroid, Final Fantasy, 4 Dragon Quests, Two Contras, Bionic Commando, Strider and Two Castlevanias.

and like maybe Donkey Kong.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

So the list of the only worthy NES games comes down to 3 Super Marios(4 with Lost Levels), Two Zeldas, metroid, Final Fantasy, 4 Dragon Quests, Two Contras, Bionic Commando, Strider and Two Castlevanias.

Ducktails was pretty good for its time

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What about the mega mans.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

What about the mega mans.

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the poor mega mans!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
but actually yeah mega man 2-4 are really good games

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Mega Man games own. Punch-out, Adventure Island 2 and 3, Adventures of Lolo, Dr. Mario, Tetris, The Goonies 2, Shadowgate and the other 2 Macventure ports, River City Ransom, Ninja Gaiden, Gradius, Lifeforce, Little Nemo, Kirby, Dragon Warrior 3 and 4. There are definitely some good lesser known games that I can't think of right now, and quite a few that are still good if you like specific genres.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Shadowgate and Deja Vu are the worst parts about point and click adventure games writ large, no version of those games is good to someone with a working brain

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I'm not a huge Deja Vu fan, but Uninvited and Shadowgate own hard.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the poor mega mans!

No gently caress those games I beat 1-6 and I am glad to be done with them.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

but actually yeah mega man 2-4 are really good games

Truth. I finally got around to playing 1-4 and notably, 1 is awful and the difference between it and 2 are huge.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
1 was filled with those vanishing blocks that are a complete pain in the rear end.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also the only way to beat Yellow Devil was to use a glitch.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

There are complaints to be had against Mega Man 1 but you guys just suck.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Taint Reaper posted:

You are so fuckin wrong it hurts. The Ninja Gaiden series, Batman and Return of the Joker, Jackal, TMNT 2-3, Gremlins 2, Blaster Master, Ducktales series, Darkwing duck, Chip n Dale 1-2, Kirby's Adventure, Adventure Island series, Crystalis, Guerrilla War, R.C. Pro Am, Gargoyle's Quest 2, Life Forece, Gradius, Guardian Legend, Punch Out, Metal Storm, Codename Viper, Tiny toons 1-2, Bucky O Hare, Shadow of the Ninja, Rygar, Section Z, Gun Nac, Power Blade, Shatterhand, Kabuki Quantum fighter, Kick Master, Battletoads, Willow, Journey to Silius and the list goes on and on....

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the only good game from the nineties was sid meier's gettysburg

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

the only good game from the nineties was sid meier's gettysburg

:agreed:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lencho posted:

R.C. Pro Am

this game was my loving jam for a month or two straight

Also Micro Machines was good

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im goi

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Actually I lied. Steambot Chronicles is still the best game I've ever played.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

am I the only one with massive slowdown issues in Atelier Ayesha Plus? according to the internet, no, i'm not, but I'd like to find out why that's happening and how to fix it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lord of butts was probated for bigotry in cinema discusso so you can see what his deal is

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The Yellow Devil is actually my favorite boss in Mega Man 1 and the one I found to be the least frustrating.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I think I found a new glitch for Zelda II, I beat shadow link and the dude with the triforce is standing right infront of me and I can't do poo poo.

like i beat the boss but I can't trigger the ending. my Game is not Frozen since I can still activate the pause menu, but the ending won't trigger.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

The Taint Reaper posted:

Legacy of the Wizard owns and no one remembers it.

http://youtu.be/Jz5LgYUxJic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

According to the retro column in the last Nintendo Power I bothered to read, the game tie-in for the movie Willow is actually really good.

• Locked thread