Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Captain Bravo posted:

So what are ya'lls opinion of reporters? Do you encounter many on the job?
In general reporters are LEOs best friends. (Even though they deny it.)

I was stuck doing a word-by-word textual analysis looking for bias applying veracity/authority by phrasing in professional printed news pieces involving alleged crimes. No shock at all that the LEOs were always "stating facts", "recounting the incident", and "experts" while whoever they were targeting was "the alleged criminal" or "making a claim that..." etc...

edit - I suspect the playing field may have shifted a bit in just the last couple years though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Ok quick traffic question.

Let's say you are in your patrol car. You just found out your wife is cheating on you with your best friend, she has managed to drain your bank account while your best friend drained loads on her face, It's been a bad day for you. So obviously, you're looking for someone to pull over and pop some rounds into, but you live in a place like Harrisonburg, VA, where black people are scarce, so you have to settle for ruining a white guy's day.

So you pull up behind a white guy. I am that white guy.

I approach a 3 way intersection that only offers a left and a right turn, no straights. But immediately across from me is a parking lot. This is mostly a question of semantics because I don't really think any cop would give a poo poo, but which lane is the proper one (not illegal) to go straight across to that parking lot?

E: On the subject of talking to the press, are you absolutely not allowed to? Or do they give you a few bullshit answers to give just in case you have to talk to the press? I ask because the military in Afghanistan was the same way anytime a reporter came around (which was twice). We were not allowed to talk to them, but if we did, we had rehearsed answers to give them.

One of them was a chick and I walked in on her changing because I didn't know they put her in the room she was in. Highlight of my entire tour right there.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Cole posted:

live in a place like Harrisonburg, VA

i located your problem

hope this helps

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Untagged posted:

i located your problem

hope this helps

Lol. Funny cuz its true.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Cole posted:

Harrisonburg, VA
Have fun, JMU def has the finest college bitties. Otherwise though, it's just another college town.

Cole posted:

I approach a 3 way intersection that only offers a left and a right turn, no straights. But immediately across from me is a parking lot. This is mostly a question of semantics because I don't really think any cop would give a poo poo, but which lane is the proper one (not illegal) to go straight across to that parking lot?

Are the other two streets one way or two way? Prolly the left turn lane though, because you could argue that you drove into that lane and legally pulled into the parking lot. If you turned right, you'd have to yield to the oncoming lane, though not necessarily stop(assuming it's a two way street).

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Cole posted:

Let's say you are in your patrol car. You just found out your wife is cheating on you with your best friend, she has managed to drain your bank account while your best friend drained loads on her face, It's been a bad day for you. So obviously, you're looking for someone to pull over and pop some rounds into, but you live in a place like Harrisonburg, VA, where black people are scarce, so you have to settle for ruining a white guy's day.

E: On the subject of talking to the press, are you absolutely not allowed to? Or do they give you a few bullshit answers to give just in case you have to talk to the press? I ask because the military in Afghanistan was the same way anytime a reporter came around (which was twice). We were not allowed to talk to them, but if we did, we had rehearsed answers to give them.

One of them was a chick and I walked in on her changing because I didn't know they put her in the room she was in. Highlight of my entire tour right there.

That was not a quick question. gently caress you.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Noslo posted:

Have fun, JMU def has the finest college bitties. Otherwise though, it's just another college town.

I've lived here since January and I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
it's like charlottesville took a huge poo poo, and all the uva rejects and washouts from new jersey landed there instead. so close, yet so far.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I just want to say that in rural america where minorities are always scarce, we are prefectly content ruining white peoples days.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Branis posted:

I just want to say that in rural america where minorities are always scarce, we are prefectly content ruining white peoples days.

Hillbillies?

Also, I think you'd go in the right lane if you wanted to go straight. Left lane is for left turns. Were the lanes not marked?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Hillbillies?

Also, I think you'd go in the right lane if you wanted to go straight. Left lane is for left turns. Were the lanes not marked?

he drove thru a double yellow to get to that lot. bet

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Hillbillies?

corn/soybean and hog confinements are the main industries in my area, everybody is a redneck. SD is 8th in beef production and 11th in pork production nationwide. You're welcome motherfuckers.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Cole posted:

Look at the signs.

If there are none, probably the right lane.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Kiryen posted:

Look at the signs.

If there are none, probably the right lane.

Meanwhile I'm flipping the gently caress out because this rear end in a top hat ahead of me is camping out in the right lane without a right turn signal.

Use the left lane. It's where people go to wait for traffic coming from both directions.

edit: not a cop, just really smart.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Hi yes, thanks for taking my post. First time caller, long time listener. Love the show. I heard on Twitter that all cops are bad and racist. Can you confirm/deny? Thanks, I'll just listen to the answers.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Cole posted:

I've lived here since January and I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

You're approaching cat food season. Everything is going to smell like cat food soon. Enjoy.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hi yes, thanks for taking my post. First time caller, long time listener. Love the show. I heard on Twitter that all cops are bad and racist. Can you confirm/deny? Thanks, I'll just listen to the answers.

He is risen

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I am a white college student in my early twenties with minimal interaction with law enforcement outside of a speeding ticket and I can confirm this is true.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Confirmed. Show's over boys, let's pack it in and head home. Cat's out of the bag.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Whip Slagcheek posted:

HAIL SATAN THE RITUAL WORKED

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I thought he was killed in the line of doodie

like poop

died pooping is what I'm saying.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Oh hi there, friend

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

How often does poo poo like this happen to you blokes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJbk9zjBjY8

Also was there anything that cop could/should have done to calm down the drunk arseholes or is this kind of situation just hosed from the get go

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Drunks are stupid loud assholes and there's nothing you can really do. The cop gave her plenty of chances and orders to leave but she refused and caused a scene. I'm not sure on the back story but it looks like maybe ihop employees called the police so that's why they're there. Business owners generally don't want loud annoying drunks in their store. If they don't leave your only option is to physically remove them. Don't underestimate women, it's very difficult to arrest a resisting person even if it's just small framed female, especially if you're trying to do it without hurting the person.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Korgan posted:

Also was there anything that cop could/should have done to calm down the drunk arseholes or is this kind of situation just hosed from the get go

Looks like a typical weekend really. I would have simply told the lady she was intoxicated and no longer wanted in the business and she needed to leave immediately. The second she started to back talk I would have told her she was under arrest for public intoxication and put her in cuffs. Then I would have proceeded to hook everyone else who was drunk and wanted to get involved.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
drunk women are seriously the loving worst followed by their white knight friends when it comes to arresting people.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Korgan posted:

i like this video

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

women are seriously the loving worst

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Branis posted:

drunk women are seriously the loving worst followed by their white knight friends when it comes to arresting people.

In my experience, the most common cause of bar fights is white knights seizing some trivial affront to a female as an excuse to "stand up to that asshoe" for her in hopes of getting laid.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
YOU'RE DOING THIS TO ANOTHER AMERICAN

I used to love arresting belligerent Americans because they'd almost always say they were going to call their congressman :downs:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/HwaroatABu4

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

DrakeriderCa posted:

I used to love arresting belligerent Americans because they'd almost always say they were going to call their congressman :downs:

And when they do, the unpaid college intern who answers the phone gives them a little lesson about federalism :eng101:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

And when they do, the unpaid college intern who answers the phone gives them a little lesson about federalism :eng101:

I wish they could just silently point at a map of North America and just frown as they run their finger along the border

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Drunks are stupid loud assholes and there's nothing you can really do. The cop gave her plenty of chances and orders to leave but she refused and caused a scene. I'm not sure on the back story but it looks like maybe ihop employees called the police so that's why they're there. Business owners generally don't want loud annoying drunks in their store. If they don't leave your only option is to physically remove them. Don't underestimate women, it's very difficult to arrest a resisting person even if it's just small framed female, especially if you're trying to do it without hurting the person.

Around DC all of the IHOP's and Denny's have off-duty cops working security from the later afternoon through the night for poo poo exactly like that video.

Also, TGI Fridays. Holy poo poo. If you want to find trouble on a Friday night in the dc suburbs, goto a Friday's.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Back home there are on duty cops in ihops and some denny's around 2 am because there are tons of drunk loving idiots.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Also the waitresses are 5's but as easy as 2's.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4do3Kus2nQ

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

DrakeriderCa posted:

ISN'T ANYONE GONNA DO ANYTHING????

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
are jails in canada nice at least? Do you harass english only inmates by only speaking to them in french? Is that considered torture? instead of water boarding do you guys maple syrup board people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

do you guys maple syrup board people?

How's that torture?

• Locked thread