Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

rabidsquid posted:

WIldTurtle is, best case scenario, the 35th best ADC in NA

in the worst region in the world

on the worst team in existence

(Hides his #TSM #TSM #TSM sign to sandbag properly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

WildTurtle is Hogan and Sneaky is Macho Man. The IC title is the best C9 can really hope for

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Calax posted:

WFX vs Team liquid, Week 5 day 1. Liquid has a tiny lead the entire game, Quas is up by 90 CS at 30 minutes, and Liquid has been in charge of the overall game.

Then Altec shows up with a 130 CS lead over Keith and Carries WFX to victory.

So Altec carried a game in which he got massively fed? How is that carrying from behind? TL with a tiny lead? Wtf Turtle has won games for TSM more than once in similar situations. I mean come on, dude got a Penta kill in his debut. He basically won them the CLG vs TSM game by being a spell shield god. He had a 15 KDA on Caitlyn in the 2014 spring split.

And come on Pobelter was just as good as Altec in that game

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I was just in the RP store and I realized there weren't any. Why hasn't Riot released summoner icons for LCK or LPL teams? Do they not want people to have the option to rep good teams on their icon? They've had the other icons up forever, and they've even made the effort to build out icon sets for some of the lesser international leagues like Turkey, Brazil, Russia, Oceania, and the multi-country Garena league (although apparently none of those are in the NA store either).

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Jerkface posted:

So Altec carried a game in which he got massively fed? How is that carrying from behind? TL with a tiny lead? Wtf Turtle has won games for TSM more than once in similar situations. I mean come on, dude got a Penta kill in his debut. He basically won them the CLG vs TSM game by being a spell shield god. He had a 15 KDA on Caitlyn in the 2014 spring split.

And come on Pobelter was just as good as Altec in that game

Here Dignitas goes up 6 to 2 at 20 minutes, a 6k gold lead. at 22 minutes there's a bad fight around the Baron Pit that Altec comes out of with a 2 kills, another two off a dragon fight, and EG drags themselves back into the fight off Altec's damage and Pobelter's shockwaves. They lose at the end from a backdoor Zionspartan who manages to trigger a fight that Crumbz uses to assassinate the entire team and immediately finish the game.

Is it purely Altec carrying? No, but he was a very large part of the fight to stay in that instead of it being a pure stomp.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I daresay Turtle may be the most underrated ADC in NA

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

AnonSpore posted:

I daresay Turtle may be the most underrated ADC in NA

He's like the walking embodiment of that old saying: The difference between courage and stupidity is whether whatever you're trying works.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'd say turtle is probably the best ADC in the world by virtue of being the Attack Damage Carry on the best team in the entire world and probably the history of the game, Team Solo Mid. Meanwhile c9 is busy dropping games to relegation fodder "elements." I find it hard to think sneaky is even good at league of legends.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Poacher's knife Nunu vs. Elise in the LPL right now :stare: (and Vayne, and mid Lucian)

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Just gonna point out SKT vs GE tonight. I'm hoping that it's troll up the wazoo given they've both locked in their playoff slots.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Man, I hope GE loving slams SKT for putting Faker on Lulu

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Tom just seems like he's enjoying himself in the Jungle. Keeping the heat away from everywhere else by trying for the jungle every 2 seconds until they get a good engage.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

archduke.iago posted:

Man, I hope GE loving slams SKT for putting Faker on Lulu

Someone certainly got slammed.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
SKT are definitely back; now to see if they can do the same in playoffs.

Also Starhorn are out of playoffs, RIP Namei - they repeatedly engaged into a Karthus for game 1and then let Cass/Kalista get fed for the second. Sloppy stuff.

e: LGD PICKED BARD

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 11, 2015

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So....

Dignitas Bengi next split then? :allears:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Best death brush ever

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

He's Jarvan, he's "helping".

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
saw this on twitter, samsung's season in one play...

http://streamable.com/5255

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
that's the saddest thing i've ever seen

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Don't cry Peanut :(

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lovechop posted:

saw this on twitter, samsung's season in one play...

http://streamable.com/5255

Monte was laughing so much over that.

They won the series though!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I dunno Libertine, Doublelift chokes too but I feel like that horrid series wasn't his fault, and he wasn't the one who looked like a kicked puppy between games either (I was actually paying attention to see who'd tilt hardest.)

I think it's better not to be a CLG fan, they're just going to be aggressively mediocre and sit in the middle of the table forever.

This is amazing.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

FNC vs H2K in 7 minutes.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Oh god the deathbrush ahhahaha

I'm sad. I've always been a c9 fan but I love Piglet :(

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

Oh god the deathbrush ahhahaha

I'm sad. I've always been a c9 fan but I love Piglet :(

Look at it this way, no matter what you win because one of your favorites moves on to the Finals.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Calax posted:

Look at it this way, no matter what you win because one of your favorites moves on to the Finals.

:unsmith: Yeah

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

rabidsquid posted:

WildTurtle is Hogan and Sneaky is Macho Man. The IC title is the best C9 can really hope for

Who is Ultimate Warrior? Zuna?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Never a good sign in the booth when you see a player yawning like they didn't sleep the night before.

Fortunately Ryu knows how to handle these situations with a zen power nap.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

This is not a good game to be playing top lane.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

That's a Shen for Odoamne

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

IXIX posted:

This is not a good game to be playing top lane.

Lee Sin vs Shen! I think!

e: .. Olaf?!

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Nope, Lee Sin vs Shen in the top.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Smite/TP Lee Sin top? Can't say I expected that. Lee doesn't strike me as a champ that makes particular use of that strat...

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hey it's Olaf. Been a while since I've seen him in the LCS.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

Smite/TP Lee Sin top? Can't say I expected that. Lee doesn't strike me as a champ that makes particular use of that strat...

I really hate it given how risky it is and how much is on the line here, but I'm willing to see if he can pull it off.

Hypocrisy posted:

Hey it's Olaf. Been a while since I've seen him in the LCS.

Since the last time Reignover played it probably.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

...Sooo... Top lane is going to be a Wuxia movie, the Jungle should just have Gragas and Brolaf hangin out and having a bbq

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this game is bonkers

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Let's go H2K / gently caress Fnatic!!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
makes me happy to see ryu doing well outside of old KTB :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Kasing on the opposite side of the golem wall waiting to snipe out Steelback's last sliver of HP with an autoattack owned

• Locked thread