Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rime posted:

People are still building full-size ATX boxes in TYOOL 2015?!? :psyduck:

As a man who has had to sweat trying to get a video card fit into his case, I'd much rather have too much space than not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

chaosapiant posted:

I have a gigantic red computer that I built over the summer. It's big and red. I call it big red. My parts need room to breathe yo.

My next pc is going to be an open-air case screwed to the wall that I just hit with an air can every few days. Plenty of room to breathe.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Rime posted:

People are still building full-size ATX boxes in TYOOL 2015?!? :psyduck:

Still using my motherboard from 2011 and there aren't any LGA1155 ITX boards I like.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Was that Ves on the card game screen?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Was that Ves on the card game screen?

Yep. Melee card, big 5 on the top left, nothing else to really glean from it aside from the quote.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Any guides for 100% on Iorveth's side? I need to play through on that side still and would like to make it as complete as possible.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Orv posted:

Yep. Melee card, big 5 on the top left, nothing else to really glean from it aside from the quote.

There's also "Kaedweni Siege Expert", "Sheldon Skaggs", "Blue Stripes Commando", and "Keira Metz" (I just realized that all these sorceresses are probably a bitch to keep track of for people who haven't read the books).

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Staying true to its roots!

The animations for conversations are really great. Only short glimpses in this video of course, but I couldn't detect any uncanny valley.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

The animations for conversations are really great. Only short glimpses in this video of course, but I couldn't detect any uncanny valley.

It's because you haven't gotten her panties off yet.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Staying true to its roots!

Hah I didn't even notice that. Hopefully that also means we'll have to fight a trash monster.

Drifter posted:

:eyepop:

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Drifter posted:

It'll do really well at a resolution of 640x480.

Just bought an R9 280x. PC Master Race here I come.*

* pending the drat thing fits in my box and my lovely i3 2100 won't bottleneck too much

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Drifter posted:

:golfclap:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Mike the TV posted:

My next pc is going to be an open-air case screwed to the wall that I just hit with an air can every few days. Plenty of room to breathe.

I've often wondered about the viability of that kind of setup.

Rocking a dusty, long-overdue-a-cleaning Antec Nine Hundred myself. It makes the Xbox look like a handheld.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CitrusFrog posted:

I've often wondered about the viability of that kind of setup.

Rocking a dusty, long-overdue-a-cleaning Antec Nine Hundred myself. It makes the Xbox look like a handheld.

Not enough directed airflow.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Drifter posted:

I honestly don't think it'll be that big a deal for the CPU.
Yeah I know, though I've been saying "nah, I'll wait until [next CPU release] to upgrade" a few times now. Not sure though if that's because Sandy Bridge is still that good or if Intel hasn't been pushing things as hard because they have little competition from AMD now.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I noticed a scene in the new trailer that looks almost like Geralt is having a three-way with Triss and Yen. I could be mistaken but...drat Geralt! Even sorceresses have feelings! On the other hand, if specific choices in both W1 and W2 import and Voltron together to make the ultimate sorcerorgy scene in the series...then i'm all for it.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Ash1138 posted:

Yeah I know, though I've been saying "nah, I'll wait until [next CPU release] to upgrade" a few times now. Not sure though if that's because Sandy Bridge is still that good or if Intel hasn't been pushing things as hard because they have little competition from AMD now.

Yeah, I still have an i7-2700K and I'm not the least bit worried on that front.

Graphics card is a GTX 770 with 4 GB VRAM so I probably won't crank everything up to Ultra,but I'm okay with that.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

I noticed a scene in the new trailer that looks almost like Geralt is having a three-way with Triss and Yen. I could be mistaken but...drat Geralt! Even sorceresses have feelings! On the other hand, if specific choices in both W1 and W2 import and Voltron together to make the ultimate sorcerorgy scene in the series...then i'm all for it.

I'm 90% sure that was just a dream.
Can you imagine Yen letting Geralt have a threesome with her and Triss?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

God drat, why does this have to come out in the middle of the week...

I played through W2 with the polish VA and subtitles but seems there's a lot more background chatter in this one (and a lot more random people running around), any idea if they'll be subtitled or if I'd be better off putting up with the english VAs?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

GrossMurpel posted:

I'm 90% sure that was just a dream.
Can you imagine Yen letting Geralt have a threesome with her and Triss?

Yes. Yes I can.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

Yes. Yes I can.

Did you read the books though?

VodeAndreas posted:

God drat, why does this have to come out in the middle of the week...

I played through W2 with the polish VA and subtitles but seems there's a lot more background chatter in this one (and a lot more random people running around), any idea if they'll be subtitled or if I'd be better off putting up with the english VAs?

English VAs are pretty good in my opinion.

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

What was that card game in the trailer ?

Are there other mini games new to Witcher-3 ?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Why would you play with polish VA unless you actually understand polish?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I found a couple of the english VAs in W2 a bit grating so I decided to give the polish a shot, I might have got annoyed at them too if I spoke the language but the tone of the lines along with the subtitles was enough to make me happy :v:

I'll give english a go and just not be a big baby instead.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

Yes. Yes I can.

Yennefer is incredibly jealous.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mr E posted:

Any guides for 100% on Iorveth's side? I need to play through on that side still and would like to make it as complete as possible.

The main thing that you can miss for 100% if I remember is a quest regarding a specific dwarf during his chapter, due to another quest possibly making that NPC dissapear.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Manatee Cannon posted:

Maybe if you frame it less as a "threesome" and more as a "gently caress contest"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lareine posted:

Maybe if you frame it less as a "threesome" and more as a "gently caress contest"

She goes to tell Triss off in one of the books for just looking at Geralt, basically

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr E posted:

Stormgale posted:

The main thing that you can miss for 100% if I remember is a quest regarding a specific dwarf during his chapter, due to another quest possibly making that NPC dissapear.

Another easy-to-miss thing is the quest that is required to unlock the secret boss in act 3, since there's no breadcrumb leading to it on Iorveth's path.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

The realm of Crappy Jack's lurid imagination bows to no such limits.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Denis posted:

It's called Gwent and it's supposed to be kinda sorta like Hearthstone-lite.

The German dude who did the massive preview really liked it, other than that, we don't know too much about it yet.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

One thing I've noticed is that the voice actor of Gerralt seems to get better with each game. He was incredibly wooden in the first game. But in the first 25 minute video on IGN he sounded like he had a lot more range.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Denis posted:

They also showed horse racing.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

GrossMurpel posted:

Did you read the books though?

Manatee Cannon posted:

Lareine posted:

How did all three of you spergs manage to miss that his comment was a joke?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

g0del posted:

How did all three of you spergs manage to miss that his comment was a joke?

Because tone is hard to convey in a four word comment.
If 3/4 people didnt understand it to be a joke, it might not be a well-phrased joke :v:

But anyway, The Witcher 3. They said the story this time will be more personal and less political, right? I wonder if the whole game will be about finding Ciri.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

GrossMurpel posted:

Because tone is hard to convey in a four word comment.
If 3/4 people didnt understand it to be a joke, it might not be a well-phrased joke :v:

Nah, you're all just terrible. :smug:

quote:

But anyway, The Witcher 3. They said the story this time will be more personal and less political, right? I wonder if the whole game will be about finding Ciri.

And setting her up as the protagonist for the future games, I bet.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Huh, I never really thought about CDProjekt having a female main character. They'd either do a pretty good job or end up being absolutely loving godawfully eastern european horrible about it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Maybe I haven't kept up on the info about the game, but the card game seemed like a new thing I haven't heard about? Same with the "kill monsters, help people settle the land" bit, which seems ambitious as hell but pretty cool if it works out well.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Dreylad posted:

Maybe I haven't kept up on the info about the game, but the card game seemed like a new thing I haven't heard about? Same with the "kill monsters, help people settle the land" bit, which seems ambitious as hell but pretty cool if it works out well.

Yeah I don't think they have given any information about minigames prior to that trailer. Same for the "living world" thing.
What was the game in the books where an integral part was threatening people with stick beatings? I don't remember if that was a card game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I remember Dragon Age 3 trying to sell that 'living world' crap with regards to dynamic animal respawn population et cetera and it was kinda nonsense bullshit in practice.

• Locked thread