Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Rewatching Baylor/OU out of boredom.

God, OU's players and fans were all so butthurt through pretty much that entire second half. :allears:

And then Knight got real hurt and it stopped being so much fun. :smith:

stop rewatching a failed season full of losers when you can watch a houston rockets team fail in real time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeib4I8hlO4

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

stop rewatching a failed season full of losers when you can watch a houston rockets team fail in real time

We made TCU, OU, and UT fans super salty, any season that sees that happen can't be considered a total failure.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=257EoIRUjyE

Man, Harvin had such effortless speed.

Like Randy Moss, he's just cruising and no one else can change direction because they are running as hard as they can.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

One of the greatest injustices in the history of sport.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So, because I'm completely insane, I'm running a 128-team CFB Playoff. It's in this very forum and you should come and participate!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712741

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

The worst flag

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

One of the greatest injustices in the history of sport.

The flag was thrown in the purest spirit of the rule. :colbert:

gently caress brad wing in his stupid, backwards swirling rear end in a top hat

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

As an official I don't like the newer enforcement, but I get the idea behind it.

And I'm sure you all do too...

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Between that and the 2010 fake goal I will never get tired of LSU special teams embarrassing Florida with Les Miles trickery.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
n: it's Cougar Moms Weekend at wazzu

v: drunk hot cougar moms desperately trying to relive their sorority days

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
paging dinklage to the thread. dinklage report for cougar duty

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA's Brandon Kublanow with the hot takes on why Winston should have gone to UGA instead:

https://twitter.com/brandonkublanow/status/586551246334648320

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

kayakyakr posted:

Travel. 5 hours in a car or $100 on a plane.

What, from the dorms? Everywhere is 5+ hours from somewhere.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA's Brandon Kublanow with the hot takes on why Winston should have gone to UGA instead:

https://twitter.com/brandonkublanow/status/586551246334648320

Richt would have kicked him off the team before the first scrimmage

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Raku posted:

Richt would have kicked him off the team before the first scrimmage

Then Auburn would've beaten FSU last year. :(

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

What, from the dorms? Everywhere is 5+ hours from somewhere.

huh?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

You said Lubbock is more expensive than Austin because you have to drive five hours or spend $100 on a plane ticket to get there. But there are a shitload of students from far away at any major university.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TCU revealed some new Unis today and hooooo boy.

The middle one's fine, albeit barely a change from their usual whites, but goddamn the camo pattern on the other two is baaaaaad. Reminds me of some of the godawful poo poo Adidas put on Baylor Basketball a few years back.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Those are 100% terrible.

I'm so glad our new AD showed up and basically said "gently caress off with this stuff" to Nike. This year, I *think*, is the year where that all starts and it should result in a return to good uniforms instead of being East Coast Oregon with a new uni every week and hey 10 of 12 are pure awfulness.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Please trigger warning that poo poo, I just got flashbacks to the Zubaz uniforms and passed out for a couple of minutes.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Spiritus Nox posted:

The middle one's fine, albeit barely a change from their usual whites, but goddamn the camo pattern on the other two is baaaaaad. Reminds me of some of the godawful poo poo Adidas put on Baylor Basketball a few years back.

These bring shame to purple uniforms everywhere.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

For Sale:
R-Fr QBs.
Never used.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I didn't think anything could get worse than our "battle grey" camo pants in 2012, but this has actually topped it.

Unfortunately, Under Armour is extremely proud of this pattern and not only puts it all over our merch, but our basketball teams and some of our Olympic sports wear it now as well.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Has anyone ever made Camo patterns look good on a jersey? I've seen helmets that pull it off, but never ever ever Football or Basketball jersies.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If Michigan ends up with UnderArmour I assume two things will happen:

1) Michigan will get the same uniform treatment Notre Dame does and stay mostly boring

2) Notre Dame will get super mad about Michigan pulling a better deal + most favored nation clause out from under them for the second time

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/10/georgia-state-to-receive-2-55-million-from-future-games-with-alabama-auburn/

Georgia State's getting paid $1.3 million to play Alabama in 2020 and $1.25 million to play Auburn in 2021.

Does Bama have no dignity?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Spiritus Nox posted:

Has anyone ever made Camo patterns look good on a jersey? I've seen helmets that pull it off, but never ever ever Football or Basketball jersies.

It's impossible to do.

Even Army looked bad in it.

Even actual army uniforms, from the actual army, to be worn in combat, look bad in camo.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Pakled posted:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/10/georgia-state-to-receive-2-55-million-from-future-games-with-alabama-auburn/

Georgia State's getting paid $1.3 million to play Alabama in 2020 and $1.25 million to play Auburn in 2021.

They're also playing Oregon and I think Texas. Don't even act like Bama's being craven here (and it's not like Saban's going to be around then, so by then it could be a repeat of the Bama/ULM game a few years ago).

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

You said Lubbock is more expensive than Austin because you have to drive five hours or spend $100 on a plane ticket to get there. But there are a shitload of students from far away at any major university.

Average distance traveled to Lubbock is greater than average distance traveled to Austin or Fort Worth or College Station.

The CoA calculation is also entirely arbitrary, so it'll probably fluctuate wildly.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

Unfortunately, Under Armour is extremely proud of this pattern and not only puts it all over our merch, but our basketball teams and some of our Olympic sports wear it now as well.

No, it isn't possible.

But they will keep trying. For some reason, everyone is lined up to lick the hairy rear end in a top hat of the military.

I don't understand why. I can't imagine giving a poo poo about camo pants, even if I was in the military.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Reminder that the orange and blue game is on today.

Info: http://www.onlygators.com/04/11/2015/2015-florida-gators-orange-blue-debut-preview/

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

That middle one seriously reads "4G" to me every time.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

If only there was some team in a mid-major conference located in close proximity to Alabama & Auburn that could have used a total of $2.55 million that maybe just got shuttered because of "budgetary issues"

Nope, can't think of a single one.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Pakled posted:

This is a team that claims every obscure poll as a national title to make themselves feel good. 'Dignity' isn't in their vocabulary.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

This is a team that claims every obscure poll as a national title to make themselves feel good. 'Dignity' isn't in their vocabulary.

On the other hand your team lost to another team from Georgia in the same conference so please tell us more about dignity.

Dignity.

Fluffdaddy fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 11, 2015

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Fluffdaddy posted:

On the other hand your team lost to another team from Georgia in the same conference so please tell us more about dignity.

E: My initial reaction was to be offended, but we are the school that hired Muschamp and let him run us into the ground. So, well-played. :smith:

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 11, 2015

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Please beat your cupcakes and leave the state of Florida for an OOC game and come back and tell us about dignity.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Fluffdaddy posted:

Dignity.

Glass houses, sir.

All southern football has embarrassing fans.

At least we don't have to fabricate titles to feel good about our god-awful wasteland of a state. We just embrace the circus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

You're both pretty, OK? Christ....

• Locked thread