Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Untitled Broadcast
Good work Wizards.

Wooo good work Adrian Sullivan

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What's "palming" mean, irt Stephen Speck cheating?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Was that a Fthweden out of Rich Hagon there?

Rinkles posted:

He was crafting a starting hand for himself and getting it to the top of his library, ensuring an easy kill.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palming

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Niton posted:

Was that a Fthweden out of Rich Hagon there?

He was crafting a starting hand for himself and getting it to the top of his library, ensuring an easy kill.

So, yes?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So it looks like in a field of nothing but midrange, U/B control was a very good call here.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
So, is there a link where I can see this Chromantiflayer deck living the dream? I was working when it was on-screen.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Ramos posted:

Once a criminal, always a criminal.

Now DCI#24601, your suspension's up and your parole's begun.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Everybody Dang Chung tonight!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

And speaking of on-camera unscrupulous-ness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnt3zQ0oz7Q

Why, that's a nice Temple you have there on the battlefield in your hand.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Serperoth posted:

See now that is clearly a DQ.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Was just about to post that. The guy was miles ahead and on camera what was he thinking?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Veyrall posted:

So, is there a link where I can see this Chromantiflayer deck living the dream? I was working when it was on-screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS5vW4ip-lg

About 21:30 onwards in the video.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Serperoth posted:

Wow that is so utterly blatant cheating. Did anything actually happen to him, or did he get away with it?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

qbert posted:

Wow that is so utterly blatant cheating. Did anything actually happen to him, or did he get away with it?

See, now that is blatant since he has to mentally separate putting it into his hand (not that there's any reason ever that he'd kill Temple of Deceit off of End Hostilities).

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
PT Cheatyface is in full effect!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Dragonlord Atarka spiking pretty drat hard.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Dragonlord Atarka spiking pretty drat hard.

I got to wonder how long that will last. I mean, she was a good choice considering the meta, but you don't need a ton of her, she's a dead draw for the majority of the game, and her main utility is to wipe out little dudes or an opposing medium sized dragon.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Ramos posted:

I got to wonder how long that will last. I mean, she was a good choice considering the meta, but you don't need a ton of her, she's a dead draw for the majority of the game, and her main utility is to wipe out little dudes or an opposing medium sized dragon.

First dude's decklist in the Top 8 has 4.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptdtk/Top-8-decklists-2015-04-11

Xeom
Mar 16, 2007
Pillaging Horde, if you don't have any cards to discard does it just die?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, and like I said, good meta game choice. But I get the feeling as soon as everyone catches on, she's going to start running into more midrange threats that stand up to her better and, more importantly, less damage based removal. Hell, as soon as Theros rotates out, there's going to be white enchantments all over the place exiling big dragons.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Xeom posted:

Pillaging Horde, if you don't have any cards to discard does it just die?

quote:

When Pillaging Horde enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you discard a card at random.

If you don't discard a card at random, it's sacced. If you lack a card to discard at random, then you didn't discard a card at random, so it's sacced.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Ramos posted:

Yeah, and like I said, good meta game choice. But I get the feeling as soon as everyone catches on, she's going to start running into more midrange threats that stand up to her better and, more importantly, less damage based removal. Hell, as soon as Theros rotates out, there's going to be white enchantments all over the place exiling big dragons.
I mean, if we're gonna go down that line of thinking, Banishing Light is in Theros block. In any case, I find it unlikely that BFZ will have nothing to replace Destructive Revelry and I find it unlikely that neither BFZ or ORI will have something to replace Banishing Light.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, if we're gonna go down that line of thinking, Banishing Light is in Theros block. In any case, I find it unlikely that BFZ will have nothing to replace Destructive Revelry and I find it unlikely that neither BFZ or ORI will have something to replace Banishing Light.

Well, no, the main reason why white removal is subpar at the moment is because one of the biggest removal targets at the moment is Stormbreath Dragon. With that out, white removal in the meta gets significantly better unless something else big, powerful, and immune to white removal pops in.

Meanwhile Suspension Field hits a lot of relevant creatures, yet enchantments may become too rare to bother packing a good chunk of removal for.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Wow, that 3rd UB control deck is weird. No Dissolves? 8 dragons and a ugin maindeck? 3 foul tongue invocations!? It must work if he's in the top 8 though, or his drafting is extremely good.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Samael posted:

Wow, that 3rd UB control deck is weird. No Dissolves? 8 dragons and a ugin maindeck? 3 foul tongue invocations!? It must work if he's in the top 8 though, or his drafting is extremely good.
Why are you surprised Tribute to Hunger is seeing play? (Does anyone else find the very strictly black control card being Kolaghan weird? Unrelated, but so odd)

As for the Dissolve, you answer your question right after your question mark. I do like how it is titled a UB deck when it has white spells in it. Probably really hard to play given how strange it is though.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
This is the best standard as it has a dragon-based control deck in it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ramos posted:

Well, no, the main reason why white removal is subpar at the moment is because one of the biggest removal targets at the moment is Stormbreath Dragon. With that out, white removal in the meta gets significantly better unless something else big, powerful, and immune to white removal pops in.

Meanwhile Suspension Field hits a lot of relevant creatures, yet enchantments may become too rare to bother packing a good chunk of removal for.

Most of the good enchantments played right now are from Khans block.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

How much of a powerhouse did Narset turn out to be?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Not very

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Rinkles posted:

She isn't as of yet and I will be really surprised if she ever turns out to be (in current standard). She, along with ojutai, shifted some u/b control into esper, which makes sense since black and blue have the best cards to rebound. I think the bottom line is that her abilities suffer from too much variance and pro magic is all about trying to eliminate that.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 11, 2015

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

And Deathmist? Predictable value creature?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

She isn't as of yet and I will be really surprised if she ever turns out to be (in current standard). She, along with ojutai, shifted some u/b control into esper, which makes sense since black and blue have the best cards to rebound. I think the bottom line is that her abilities suffer from too much variance and pro magic is all about trying to eliminate that.

There's 2 Ojutai in the Top 8 (a splash just for him in UB) and 0 Narset.

Ramos posted:

You can play Sarkhan 3 in place of Stormbreath and he can't even get hit by Suspension Field at all and Dromoka's Command is a card. But granted, we're speculatively talking about a rotation that doesn't occur for 5 months and has an intervening Standard Legal set.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 11, 2015

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

You can play Sarkhan 3 in place of Stormbreath and he can't even get hit by Suspension Field at all and Dromoka's Command is a card. But granted, we're speculatively talking about a rotation that doesn't occur for 5 months and has an intervening Standard Legal set.

Don't worry, I'm sure Origins will include a Mythic Rare Dragon for 5 that is absolutely busted in some way and literally better than any dragon in the set about Dragons. Again.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Count Bleck posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure Origins will include a Mythic Rare Dragon for 5 that is absolutely busted in some way and literally better than any dragon in the set about Dragons. Again.

People have enough time to unload their precious dragons between now and then. It's always best to get rid of them right after a hyped showing at a PT anyway.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

People have enough time to unload their precious dragons between now and then. It's always best to get rid of them right after a hyped showing at a PT anyway.

I'm so glad I was all hyped about Dragon Control co starring Narset and then it turns out I'd rather just play Temur Aggro anyway.

Also, Temur Aggro is probably T1, news at 11.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Did the players who cheated yesterday play control decks again? It's always control's fault.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Angry Grimace posted:

Eh she was in decks at SCG last week. I am not surprised if people decided she wasn't worth the slot in that timeframe.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I really wish I had unloaded my Narset before now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Rinkles posted:

It turns out that her +1 is as worthless as it looks and rebounding is the only exciting thing she does so she's unplayable outside of standard.

• Locked thread