Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Denis posted:

Recieved an email for a free weekend , wanted to ask how the game was doing . Saw some replies i guess its worth trying . Now that its b2p what do they sell for real money ?

Well, right now subscribing gets you an allotment of Crowns (plus slightly faster leveling), which you can also buy outrights. Crowns can be exchanged mostly for mounts, pets and costumes, plus crappy consumables like potions and the like, or used to buy the original pre-order bonuses (any race any alliance), upgrade to the Imperial Edition. In the future they'll presumably be used to buy DLC ala-carte.

But you can go the entire game right now without even realizing the Crown Store exists, if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Did they had any other game breaking bugs like cloning stuff with the bank in the begining ?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Denis posted:

Did they had any other game breaking bugs like cloning stuff with the bank in the begining ?

No, the game is relatively bug-free at this point now.

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
There's nothing even remotely interesting in the Crown Store at all. It's a complete non-entity.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Ran first veteran dungeon tonight in Elden Hollow. It took us almost an hour but me switching to utility casting from dps seemed to do the trick because our healer was a vampire and the final boss does nothing but spit out fire damage

Also looked pretty cool:

GuyUpNorth posted:

I suppose congratulations are in order. I've heard so much about veteran dungeons and Elden Hollow especially that I won't poke them until VR10 or something, especially when I will want those bonus objectives for extra swag.

You have no idea. I dropped about 5k on that one dude trying to get him some fire resist so he wouldn't drop like a fly once we got hit with the end boss' AoE. We didn't do the optional step because gently caress having to deal with the healing adds on the boss, we were having enough trouble with the CC adds. I ended up going from pure 2H Brawler tank to just Uppercutting the hell out of the boss while keeping Bound Armaments and Boundless Storm up to keep my spell resist high enough to tank the flame damage. To give you an idea, I'm a Dunmer with the flame resist passive maxed out and several champion points in the Elemental Defender passive from the Lord constellation and I was still taking about 10-15% of my max HP in fire damage from the fire AoEs. Boundless Storm helped drop that to about 5-8%.

Honestly, if our healer wasn't a vampire we would have had less trouble with that final boss.

Tilda
Jun 27, 2013
How is the pvp? I bought it when it came out, got to V1 and then had exams so quit.

Worth coming back? I had a sorc/vamp but kinda tempted to roll something new. Whats OP in PvP atm?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

You have no idea. I dropped about 5k on that one dude trying to get him some fire resist so he wouldn't drop like a fly once we got hit with the end boss' AoE. We didn't do the optional step because gently caress having to deal with the healing adds on the boss, we were having enough trouble with the CC adds. I ended up going from pure 2H Brawler tank to just Uppercutting the hell out of the boss while keeping Bound Armaments and Boundless Storm up to keep my spell resist high enough to tank the flame damage. To give you an idea, I'm a Dunmer with the flame resist passive maxed out and several champion points in the Elemental Defender passive from the Lord constellation and I was still taking about 10-15% of my max HP in fire damage from the fire AoEs. Boundless Storm helped drop that to about 5-8%.

Honestly, if our healer wasn't a vampire we would have had less trouble with that final boss.

Yeah, I ended up just spamming igneous shield and healing ward and that seemed to be just enough mitigation for the aoe spike damage. This does remind me that I need to sit down and respec all my champion points as theyre kind of all over the place.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

So professions, is it free-form? Can I level all of them? Does having blacksmithling lvl 834 make it better than lvl 50 (or whatever).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

kiresays posted:

So professions, is it free-form? Can I level all of them? Does having blacksmithling lvl 834 make it better than lvl 50 (or whatever).

You can level all of them yes. However levels are only arbitrary, you've got to invest skill points into their passives so you can actually craft anything worth a drat. Best thing you can honestly do is invest into researching traits and just sell your services as an item set crafter or sell the traits people are looking for (people usually look for stuff like training, precise, infused, etc for either research on their own or for leveling their skills quickly).

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

kiresays posted:

They max out at 50, and you can level all of them (mainly by dismantling stuff that you get from drops etc). enchanting, alchemy and cooking basically just cap out when you get to 50 (plus all the passive skills you can get for them - in fact the only thing that your skill level actually does is unlock the ability to spec into the passive skills) but clothing, woodwork and blacksmithing have researchable traits on the items, which take real world time to "research", and there are style motifs to find - one for each race which apart from imperial are common, things like "primal", "ancient elf" and "barbaric" which are uncommon, and then you've got the dwemer styles which are really rare and you have a motif item for each type of item you want to make

There are those crafting writs as well but they're free form, you aren't restricted to a certain profession, you can do everything

e:f,b

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
also about the easiest way to make money on guild stores is to craft low level armour or weapons with rare traits, because people buy them to research

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Scyantific posted:

You can level all of them yes. However levels are only arbitrary, you've got to invest skill points into their passives so you can actually craft anything worth a drat. Best thing you can honestly do is invest into researching traits and just sell your services as an item set crafter or sell the traits people are looking for (people usually look for stuff like training, precise, infused, etc for either research on their own or for leveling their skills quickly).

Ok sounds good. Can you move skill points around? Or will I end up as a really skilled cook and a lovely blacksmith permanently?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

kiresays posted:

Ok sounds good. Can you move skill points around? Or will I end up as a really skilled cook and a lovely blacksmith permanently?

Yep, you can respec at your faction's capital city for 100g per spent skill point (EP = Mournhold, DC = Wayrest, AD = Elden Root)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

kiresays posted:

Its close to painless to respec, but just enough that its not really worth it to do it every day or something.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just did Veteran Spindleclutch. Pretty easy compared to last night, managed to get through the whole thing without a single team wipe. Ended up getting the optional this time around which got us the Gold Undaunted Key too.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Every time I open a map or another window and close it, the game defaults to free mouse. How do I change it to default to locked mouse so I don't need to press period every time I open a window? I think I pressed something to do this but forgot what.

Edit: fixed it by closing the client.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 12, 2015

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Just started poopsocking this game the other day. Please invite my character Lord Vivek to the EP goon guild and I'll fight for honor

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Can someone invite @pluperfecthell?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Just started poopsocking this game the other day. Please invite my character Lord Vivek to the EP goon guild and I'll fight for honor

Invites are by @accountname not character name.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ShadowMoo posted:

Both work, either as "@accountname" or as "charname".

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

ShadowMoo posted:

Back before I quit they were by @account name or character name but people got that confused and kept giving out @character name

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

It also gets really weird to add anyone with a character name that has spaces or characters that aren't letters. So its easiest to just use @accountname

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Is everyone on pc for this, thinking about grabbing it on ps4 when it comes out.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

xxEightxx posted:

Is everyone on pc for this, thinking about grabbing it on ps4 when it comes out.

All goons are currently on PC because there is no console version yet, obviously, some might plan on transferring over, but I bet most plan on sticking to PC (myself included).

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Its worth noting that unless they bring addon support to the consoles, this game will be unplayable on them.

Zerotheos
Jan 2, 2005
Z

eSporks posted:

Its worth noting that unless they bring addon support to the consoles, this game will be unplayable on them.

I see this a lot. I haven't played ESO outside of a short beta experience. What specifically is missing from the default UI that would make it unplayable? Keep in mind, if there is no addons support then everyone would be on an equal level of terrible. That would prevent any sort of arms race if there are powerful pvp addons. Looking at the top addon downloads on Curse it looks like just map mods and junk sellers.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I've honestly never used an add on in this game. What do you use them for specifically?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I have the UI mod that adds a minimap and I have autoloot turned on so I need a mod that displays what I loot. There are also mods that do autolooting but with filters.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Le Saboteur posted:

I've honestly never used an add on in this game. What do you use them for specifically?

The minimap is pretty essential IMO.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

The console UI isn't going to be the same as PC and they've said they'll be rolling in features of some of the more popular add ons. What it'll be exactly we still haven't seen though.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Sorvah posted:

There's nothing even remotely interesting in the Crown Store at all. It's a complete non-entity.

Except Guar mounts! :D

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Indeed. All true faithful of ALMSIVI and children of Morrowind are required to own a guar mount.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

So I got bit by a vampire and I don't remember seeing the vampire quest guy. Can I just chill with "vampirism" or is it draining on me somehow? I don't think I want to be a vampire; it sounds like a PITA.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Subjunctive posted:

The minimap is pretty essential IMO.

Here's a thing a lot of people don't realize - when you're looking at your map, your character model is holding a map up and reading it. Same with your inventory; your model is rooting around in a backpack. While I appreciate a minimap, I kind of like the compass with waypoints and having to actually look at a map to see where I'm specifically going.

Tsarbomb
Oct 14, 2008

Take us out of the system, but not too quickly. The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
So I'm playing in heavy armor swinging around a big sword, but I've decided to put a few points into restoration staff . I figured that during the siege engine exchange during a keep siege, it would be more useful to throw down some heals over standing around with my sword up my butt.

Anyone else do this or see value in this?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Tsarbomb posted:

So I'm playing in heavy armor swinging around a big sword, but I've decided to put a few points into restoration staff . I figured that during the siege engine exchange during a keep siege, it would be more useful to throw down some heals over standing around with my sword up my butt.

Anyone else do this or see value in this?

Yase. I either do healing or Bow, cause sittin on the walls sucks. Or I get up in peoples grills with my sword.

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009

Monohydrate posted:

Except Guar mounts! :D

If I buy a mount from the crown store, is it universal across all my characters like the horse you get with the imperial edition? I have a few crowns to spare.. (I bought 6 months subscription because uhh.. I don't know).

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Snayke posted:

If I buy a mount from the crown store, is it universal across all my characters like the horse you get with the imperial edition? I have a few crowns to spare.. (I bought 6 months subscription because uhh.. I don't know).

Anything from the crown store is account wide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Does anyone have a guide for leveling provisioning and alchemy as efficiently as possible?

• Locked thread