Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i still remember the best burg i ever had

its from a place in town called Pink Bicycle and everything about it was next level

custom sesame bun toasted and exactly the right amount of crunch and chew, medium rare beef seasoned with salt and pepper, house made heavy on the garlic aoli, and the coup de grace were the perfectly sauteed mushrooms and a ton of swiss melting everywhere

i might go order that today even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Anybody have this feeling sometimes that a perfect burger got ruined by mediocre fries? I cry evertim.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Palpek posted:

Anybody have this feeling sometimes that a perfect burger got ruined by mediocre fries? I cry evertim.

ive never understood the point of fries

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Burgers should never depend on fries. Good fries are great to have with a good burger, same with a good beer, but a burger should be able to stand on its own merit.

I had a bacon ched burger for lunch, it was good. Fries were okay.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

RideTheSpiral posted:

ive never understood the point of fries

Me neither, really. Good fries are p rad, but the number of times I've had good fries compared to the number of times I've had really lovely fries is pretty low. Burgs, and everything else, should just come with jo jo potatoes. I don't think I've ever had a bad jo jo.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Sizone posted:

Me neither, really. Good fries are p rad, but the number of times I've had good fries compared to the number of times I've had really lovely fries is pretty low. Burgs, and everything else, should just come with jo jo potatoes. I don't think I've ever had a bad jo jo.

its just a cheap way of padding out a meal. id rather a nice sharp salad to cut through the fat of the burger

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

RideTheSpiral posted:

its just a cheap way of padding out a meal. id rather a nice sharp salad to cut through the fat of the burger

I'd rather a second burger

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Sizone posted:

obv if youre not d burging at mcdonalds then youre doing it wrong. but if im getting some fancy burger you can fo with your fries

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
big mac chased with a d cheeseburger is pro

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
never take fries or soda at fast food joints, they're where the restaurant gets their money. two burgs and water is the way to go

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I had a burger on Tuesday. At the local eatery. Bacon, cheddar, barbecue sauce. Most excellent.

Had one on Wednesday at a nationwide chain restaurant/bar with a theme. It was mediocre and needed a lot of ketchup.

That's my story

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

What is the perfect complementary side to the burger, personally I prefer a butterscotch malt, chocolate will do if that isn't available

Dyna Soar posted:

never take fries or soda at fast food joints, they're where the restaurant gets their money. two burgs and water is the way to go

If your objective is to stick it to the man yes. But if your objective is to have a good meal, you should get whatever you like

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

big mac chased with a d cheeseburger is pro

yup

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I was always partial to a burg and "salad", like potato salad or coleslaw or cucumber salad or somethin

You need something tangy to bring out the full burg flavor. Cleanse your palate between each bite

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Manslaughter posted:

What is the perfect complementary side to the burger, personally I prefer a butterscotch malt, chocolate will do if that isn't available

orgasm. like, you should have your woman on her knees and your burg plate resting on her back and you should max just as you finish the last bite.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dyna Soar posted:

not everybody needs or wants to give a poo poo about spending $6 vs $10

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I really enjoy restaurants that offer a side salad with a burger.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
me too i bring it home and give it to the dog as a treat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

me too i bring it home and give it to the dog as a treat

:chanpop:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Control Volume posted:

im going to fly in here and post this entire burger menu, colorado has really good burgers, anyways later

http://craverealburgers.com/burgers/

This place is good.

waveformghost
Jan 12, 2015

man i had a great burger last night at a roadside grill. double patty with two fried eggs. god bless immigrants

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Manslaughter posted:

Sizone posted:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
So whats the consensus on Umami Burger. There's one at my hotel in LV next weekend. :ohdear:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

not everybody needs or wants to give a poo poo about spending $6 vs $10

it's not about the money, i'd just rather get another burg and water than fries and a soda. the fries & soda are really overpriced.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Chinatown posted:

So whats the consensus on Umami Burger. There's one at my hotel in LV next weekend. :ohdear:

It was pretty good, but a little pricy. Worth a trip at least once, imo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lunch -

Edit: i put a salad in the void on the plate. Im not a total monster :unsmith:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thathonkey posted:

Lunch -

Edit: i put a salad in the void on the plate. Im not a total monster :unsmith:

Would, burg looks tasty, fries look just like I like them

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Evidently a lot of people in this thread haven't had crab fries.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Dyna Soar posted:

To enjoy good burgs out, you do realize restaurants have to make money, yeah?

Fries complement burgs because potato compliments meat, hence the expression "your meat and potatoes"

It's just part of the balanced meal. Unnecessary to some, absolutely. But a burger meal doesn't feel full without some starch up in there. Baked potato. Fries. Maybe a poutine or even a bag of Lays for the crunch.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

To enjoy good burgs out, you do realize restaurants have to make money, yeah?

Fries complement burgs because potato compliments meat, hence the expression "your meat and potatoes"

It's just part of the balanced meal. Unnecessary to some, absolutely. But a burger meal doesn't feel full without some starch up in there. Baked potato. Fries. Maybe a poutine or even a bag of Lays for the crunch.

Or, you know, eat a burger however the gently caress you want

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

a hearty serving of pommes frittes with my hamburger sandwich

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

There's nothing balanced about fries and a soda. Fries are fat and salt bombs and soda is like a fructose IV.

They're both delicious, but the value meal phenomenon encouraging us to eat and drink a shitload of it is making us all into the passengers in wall-e.

Eat fries and drink soda sparingly.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

ElGroucho posted:

Or, you know, eat a burger however the gently caress you want

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I made it pretty clear I was expressing my personal opinion there, friendo.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Even though it is smashed to hell, that is my kind of bun.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Evidently a lot of people in this thread haven't had crab fries.

Go on......

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Ron Jeremy posted:

There's nothing balanced about fries and a soda. Fries are fat and salt bombs and soda is like a fructose IV.

They're both delicious, but the value meal phenomenon encouraging us to eat and drink a shitload of it is making us all into the passengers in wall-e.

Eat fries and drink soda sparingly.

i'll have your fries

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Burger Republic in Stuttgart has good burgs:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dyna Soar posted:

it's not about the money, i'd just rather get another burg and water than fries and a soda. the fries & soda are really overpriced.

so its about the money then? dont list price as an issue and tell me price isn't an issue.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just put it in me

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Fetus Tree posted:

so its about the money then? dont list price as an issue and tell me price isn't an issue.

There's a difference between money and value, son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Palpek posted:

Burger Republic in Stuttgart has good burgs:

So many good burgs there.

Love the shopping trolley fries basket.

• Locked thread