Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Exactly my thinking on that strategy and it worked out well, I cashed out decently after the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Taijuan Walker :negative:

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
DFS baseball is a lot of work for a whole lot of a volatility, not to mention having to factor in other things like weather that sports like basketball doesn't have to account for.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'd figure any "strategy" one could come up with has already been refined by a thousand other people anyway.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Rand alPaul posted:

:saddowns::hf::saddowns:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Mike Zunino is garbage on top of mother. loving. garbage

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
at least he's $1 garbage unlike Gattis

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Guess who forgot to start Taijuan Walker?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Gattis is every day garbage.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

please drop gattis, everyone. i'd be more than happy to claim him and take a chance. :)

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

On every team I have either Gattis, Zunino, or McCann. gently caress AVG

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

He gave up ten hits all spring, curse you Spring Training stats :argh:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:saddowns::hf::saddowns::hf::saddowns:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rand alPaul posted:

Jesus gently caress

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
So...sell high on Votto if he keeps this up? Or just enjoy the ride?

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Vernacular posted:

So...sell high on Votto if he keeps this up? Or just enjoy the ride?

Well first base is deep this year and Votto went late in the drafts i was in. I guess if someone was willing to give up a first or second rounder for him and you had an excellent back-up. In most leagues with utility or MI roster slots it would be stupid to give up possible MVP production if he is totally healthy.

Anyhow rate these pitchers to pick up on the waiver wire in some kind of order.

Trevor Bauer
Shane Greene
Drew Hutchinson
Edison Volquez
Wade Miley
Shelby Miller

I can only get one, and its a points league, not roto.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

chilihead posted:

Well first base is deep this year and Votto went late in the drafts i was in. I guess if someone was willing to give up a first or second rounder for him and you had an excellent back-up. In most leagues with utility or MI roster slots it would be stupid to give up possible MVP production if he is totally healthy.

Trevor Bauer
Shane Greene
Drew Hutchinson
Edison Volquez
Wade Miley
Shelby Miller

IMO, there are only two options: Hutch or Miller. I lean towards Hutch.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

chilihead posted:

Trevor Bauer
Shane Greene
Drew Hutchinson
Edison Volquez
Wade Miley
Shelby Miller

hutchinson > greene > bauer >>> miller > miley > volquez

ignore that. check a few posts below.

bauer jumps way above them if he's actually learned control, which...who knows. his stuff is some of the best in the league.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 11, 2015

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

stream any red sox or yankee hitter today. both starters are, at best, questionable, the bullpens are fatigued, and the winds are blowing out at > 20mph.

here's looking at you, alex.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Abel Wingnut posted:

hutchinson > greene > bauer >>> miller > miley > volquez

bauer jumps way above them if he's actually learned control, which...who knows. his stuff is some of the best in the league.

Why would you put Greene and Bauer that high over Miller? Just wondering.

At least I know my Jays homerism isn't greatly enhancing my view of Hutch.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Devon Travis looks like a good option for 2B.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i guess i didn't adequately examine miller's performance last year. i now think there's a decent shot he becomes a solid starter again. so scatch the previous rankings, it now goes:

hutchinson > greene > bauer > miller >>> miley > volquez

in terms of upside:

bauer > hutchinson > miller > greene >>> miley > volquez

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Twin Cinema posted:

Why would you put Greene and Bauer that high over Miller? Just wondering.

At least I know my Jays homerism isn't greatly enhancing my view of Hutch.

I'm going to guess he has watched Miller pitch. He is a nibbler and prone to losing confidence.
Anyhow i would much rather have a national league pitcher.That said, Greene can be a monster behind that Detroit offense. Hutch and Bauer have the stuff to be aces but can lose it at any time and throw down 5 walks and 6 earned runs.
I guess its a matter of going for the safer pick or shooting for the moon with one of the other two.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just curious why you have Volquez so low? He gets Minn his next two starts and the Royals have been putting up runs

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Buy low on Melky? Was thinking about dangling Hosmer for him. H2H points.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the_american_dream posted:

Just curious why you have Volquez so low? He gets Minn his next two starts and the Royals have been putting up runs

i was assuming a vacuum when i ranked those guys.

but with volquez, i see no upside--i only see downside. first off, he's become a pitch-to-contact pitcher. i avoid these types unless the matchup is favorable in every regard--weather, opposing pitcher, opposing lineup, defense, day game after a night game, etc. second, volquez never loving throws strikes. every count of his always seems to get to 2-2, at least. third, i sadly believe the royals will finish < .500. and fourth, the others are that much more attractive. volquez isn't the worst pitcher, but he's...unremarkable.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Abel Wingnut posted:

here's looking at you, alex.

oh, and i just learned if alex hits another home run, the yankees must pay him another $6MM. not that that amount means anything to his financial life, but it might, maybe, could incentivize him? and for what it's worth, he's looked good so far.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Abel Wingnut posted:

oh, and i just learned if alex hits another home run, the yankees have to pay him another $6MM. not that that amount means anything to him, but there's added incentive for him to dinger soon.

It's 5 more. Do it Alex. DO IT.

From Spotrac: "$30M marketing agreement based on home run milestones ($6M each for reaching 660, 714, 755 and tying and breaking major league HR record)"

Also Shane Greene is going to own, this is based on no research of my own or having watched any of his games. This is solely based on the Sleeper and the Bust intro.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

woops, misread rosenthal's tweet. still, point kind of stands. really you should be playing him because the wind is gusting at > 20mph due the short porch. and who the gently caress knows what joe kelly is post-biceps injury.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah Arod looks great. He still has 3b too.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

and who the gently caress is mark canha? he's been an OBP monster his entire four-year minor league career. modest power numbers, sure, but i feel like someone who, in their worst year in the minors, OBPs .371 deserves some talk. .384 OBP over 537 PA last year in AAA.

he's so beane.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

bewbies posted:

Buy low on Melky? Was thinking about dangling Hosmer for him. H2H points.

I don't deal in penny stocks.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

euphronius posted:

Yeah Arod looks great. He still has 3b too.

I got him cheap in a keeper league and it still astonishes me that they left him with 3B ellig on ESPN. Thanks dudes!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Abel Wingnut posted:

woops, misread rosenthal's tweet. still, point kind of stands. really you should be playing him because the wind is gusting at > 20mph due the short porch. and who the gently caress knows what joe kelly is post-biceps injury.

We know what Joe Kelly was pre-injury, and it wasn't very good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Abel Wingnut posted:

and who the gently caress is mark canha? he's been an OBP monster his entire four-year minor league career. modest power numbers, sure, but i feel like someone who, in their worst year in the minors, OBPs .371 deserves some talk. .384 OBP over 537 PA last year in AAA.

he's so beane.

Will lose Abs when Reddick comes back tho.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

euphronius posted:

Will lose Abs when Reddick comes back tho.

He's gonna get fat? :ohdear:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is Avila worth picking up to replace Zunino in my h2h league?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
McCutchen day-to-day with leg/knee issues :negative:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I just traded away Mike Trout!!!!

(and Mookie for Stanton, Tulo, and Joc Pederson)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
lmao

@mlbtraderumors 6m6 minutes ago Jenrry Mejia Receives 80-Game Suspension http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/?p=51234

• Locked thread