Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I thought she and Dennis were more put together in the early seasons. Still rich and thinking Frank is their father and fewer years of recognized failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Interesting to see that many people didn't like the season finale. I originally thought the premise was horseshit (and honestly, it was), but they more than balanced that out with jokes. Dennis getting angry at Mac and manipulating him as if he were his boyfriend was great, and there were many more good moments throughout the episode. The only thing that fell short of expectations was the rushed finale, but honestly that's sort of the defining feature of this season. Also they didn't get Cricket involved in their cult-suicide scheme, which was a missed opportunity.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Meanwhile Charlie and Frank haven't aged a day in 10 years, I guess a cat food diet and some toe knife grooming really go a long way.

I have noticed that Charlie's wardrobe has become substantially less rotten in recent years and that his illiteracy comes and goes as it's needed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

steinrokkan posted:

Dennis getting angry at Mac and manipulating him as if he were his boyfriend was great

As if?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

speshl guy posted:

Meanwhile Charlie and Frank haven't aged a day in 10 years, I guess a cat food diet and some toe knife grooming really go a long way.

I have noticed that Charlie's wardrobe has become substantially less rotten in recent years and that his illiteracy comes and goes as it's needed.

Frank aged quite a lot, imho, but he's able to draw energy from simple pleasures, like torturing homeless dudes.

As for Charlie, I guess I agree that he should look more dishevelled, but he's always been pretty selectively literate.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

They are an old married couple, there's a difference!

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Frank aged quite a lot, imho, but he's able to draw energy from simple pleasures, like torturing homeless dudes.

As for Charlie, I guess I agree that he should look more dishevelled, but he's always been pretty selectively literate.

Well Frank did get a lot dumpier than he looked in season 2, but otherwise he ages pretty well.

I died during the high school reunion episode when hornet sting guy tries to give an unconscious Charlie a wedgie and recoils in horror as Charlie's mustard yellow stained underwear just disintegrates in his hands.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

DNova posted:

On that note, Dee is looking more and more put together in recent seasons, isn't she?

I don't know about recent seasons but way back in like season 3 or 4 where she wanted to be a surrogate for the rich couple and was trying to get an octomom deal going, at the end she goes to their pool and is in a bikini and GOD drat.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

greatn posted:

I don't know about recent seasons but way back in like season 3 or 4 where she wanted to be a surrogate for the rich couple and was trying to get an octomom deal going, at the end she goes to their pool and is in a bikini and GOD drat.

I've always oddly liked the Bird :swoon:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yeah, Mac and Dennis have been in a long term relationship for a while now. A sexless, abusive relationship, but a relationship none the less.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Kaitlin Olsen is a pretty normal shaped person in real life, the Sweet Dee super tall and skinny is a result of dressing her up in clothing that's too big and wearing tall shoes and stuff like that.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

kloa posted:

I've always oddly liked the Bird :swoon:

Well, guess what? You're Larry Bird.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mojo1701a posted:

Well, guess what? You're Larry Bird.

Well, that's okay. Because Larry Bird's an excellent player.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I'd never looked at the production codes on wiki for Sunny before but it was pretty interesting what the order was for season 10:

1) The Gang Beats Boggs
2) Psycho Pete Returns
3) The Gang Spies Like U.S.
4) Charlie Work
5) The Gang Goes on Family Fight
6) Frank Retires
7) The Gang Misses the Boat
8) The Gang Group Dates
9) rear end Kickers United: Mac and Charlie Join a Cult
10) Mac Kills His Dad

i'm of the opinion that this season tried to write a more prevalent overarching story in this season than in others, and i feel like it plays out a lot better in production order than the way it aired - couple of episodes setting up how disconnected from reality the gang are, couple of episodes of everyone breaking down, and then they try to return to normalcy and wind up killing Jojo and Mac's dad in a nice double whammy

of course, if they don't actually give a poo poo about production codes, then i just look like a jabroni

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It still feels like family fight should have been after frank retires. They set up the blood bucket in Frank Retires and then bring it with them to Family Fight.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I think the blood bucket joke is funnier the other way round, because there was still blood sitting in there from the show that they never cleaned out. It's weird.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
There was a recent airing of This American Life talking about how having/withholding certain information in certain scenarios can have a major impact in your life. One guy talked about how unlucky he was in romance because he'd be brutally honest about himself on dates, even without having to be prompted. He said to attempt to overcome that, he wrote out a list of subjects that he wasn't allowed to bring up while on a date.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Are you saying I shouldn't talk about the waitress? It's like a super romantic thing to talk about. It's a love story for the ages.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

I'd never looked at the production codes on wiki for Sunny before but it was pretty interesting what the order was for season 10:

1) The Gang Beats Boggs
2) Psycho Pete Returns
3) The Gang Spies Like U.S.
4) Charlie Work
5) The Gang Goes on Family Fight
6) Frank Retires
7) The Gang Misses the Boat
8) The Gang Group Dates
9) rear end Kickers United: Mac and Charlie Join a Cult
10) Mac Kills His Dad

i'm of the opinion that this season tried to write a more prevalent overarching story in this season than in others, and i feel like it plays out a lot better in production order than the way it aired - couple of episodes setting up how disconnected from reality the gang are, couple of episodes of everyone breaking down, and then they try to return to normalcy and wind up killing Jojo and Mac's dad in a nice double whammy

of course, if they don't actually give a poo poo about production codes, then i just look like a jabroni

I think this is right actually. My cable had the family fight episode listed as the current episode one week but it ended up being another episode, and the family fight episode aired later. I think at some point the definitely switched up the order.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

PittTheElder posted:

Are you saying I shouldn't talk about the waitress? It's like a super romantic thing to talk about. It's a love story for the ages.

This was one of my favorite lines from the season. If they weren't married in real life their relationship on show would make me really sad

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The waitress should have appeared as a cult member to imress Dennis, then be told by him to commit ritual suicide.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
http://www.emmys.com/video/it%E2%80%99s-always-sunny-philadelphia-emmy-magazine-cover-shoot

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Shadow posted:

I can't even imagine what it's like to gain and lose that much weight in a short amount of time.

Well, first of all, through God all things are possible, so jot that down.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well, first of all, through God all things are possible, so jot that down.

I sure am learning a lot today!

and second of all??

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Just started watching taxi from the '80s. And for some reason, Danny is now the best part of the interview hahaha

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Charlie's part of The Gang Saves The Day is so depressing. He just wants a simple life :(

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Uhhh... Cursing?

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Is there a list somewhere of the stuff they say backwards at the end of every episode?

iraqniphobia
Aug 21, 2003

DNova posted:

Is there a list somewhere of the stuff they say backwards at the end of every episode?

http://itsalwayssunny.wikia.com/wiki/End_Credits_Hidden_Messages

Seems like they use one per season though?

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Charlie (repeated 3 times): "They got chicken in Philly"?

aahahaha

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Did anyone else bust out laughing at the exchange between Charlie and Mac after Cricket wished them well on Family Fight? I thought it was just a perfect summary of their characters -- Mac's totally oblivious to how awful they are, Charlie kinda gets it but doesn't much care.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

in her AMA today, Mary Elizabeth Ellis said that season 11 starts shooting Monday

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Reddit question posted:

How did you and Charlie meet in real life?

MaryElizabethEllis

I was in New York, doing a play. The whole play was a rap. It was like one long rap with 3 characters. Like hip-hop. A hip-hop play. Don't I seem like a hip-hop kind of person? Anyway, the guy who was directing it actually is directing a bunch of SUNNY now, his name is Heath Cullens so he was a mutual friend of mine and Charlie's. And he took me to see a play that Charlie was in, about a yo-yo competition called "Throw Down," and we all went to a bar afterward, and he (Charlie) and his friend both thought I was cute, so they arm-wrestled to see who could talk to me.

And Charlie won.

So he came over, and pretended to be my boyfriend so a very drunk Irish man would leave me alone.

And the rest is history.

Either this is a joke or sometimes life is even stranger than an episode of It's Always Sunny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well it makes sense, Charlie is the toughest guy any of us know.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
An eisode about the yo-yo craze would be perfect for the Sunny.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

So uhh which one of you is this:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Glenn Howerton's Twitter posted:

Day one shooting Season 11. Get ready for a ski ep. http://t.co/PLCuzB9deL

Oh god, the gang's going skiing!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oh my god that's a really good likeness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Finally catching up on this season and Dennis losing it in The Gang Group Dates is gold. Every episode should be good narcissism crumbling down around him. :allears: