Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Dudes with like 20 minutes of screen time: are these just rare examples for you or do you actually spend $500 on your phone to never use it

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Why what

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nerve posted:

Dudes with like 20 minutes of screen time: are these just rare examples for you or do you actually spend $500 on your phone to never use it

That was like 3 hours SOT, which isn't much over 3 days but sometimes that's all I need when I'm in front of a proper computer 24/7. Usually I get about 2 days if I'm not on SA too much, which destroys the battery with lovely JS much faster somehow.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

You have exactly 1000 unread emails :raise:

Spam accounts.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
I'm gonna start posting in AI. First post: a pic of my gas gauge.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

That's cute.

I love the almost horizontal vertical lines every time you turn the screen on. Mine:

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 12, 2015

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Vertical bruh

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mooktastical posted:

I love the almost horizontal lines every time you turn the screen on. Mine:

What is wrong with your navigation buttons? What is wrong with your battery screen's background?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Edit: ^^^^ ha!

That's a nice looking ROM(?). Never thought I'd say that. Mainly the blurred frosted background, it goes a long way to sprucing up the UI.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Someone may have let slip some more information on the LG G4

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

What is wrong with your navigation buttons? What is wrong with your battery screen's background?

It's just a theme. I like how they make the nav buttons look, but not crazy about the background.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

UGH.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Hughmoris posted:

Someone may have let slip some more information on the LG G4

quote:

aikavaras2014_1 2 hours ago
@descendency @iDHitThat it reminds me of those butt zippers on club chicks' leather pants that love anal.

Lmao. Not only does the phone not sit flat, it will always wobble.

Also another snapdragon 810? Did I read that right?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 12, 2015

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Battery graph epenis

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I've discovered an S6 with a case can be made to work upright on the Tylt Vu by placing something on the base, so that the phone sits 1 to 2 centimeters higher.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

ruby idiot railed posted:

Nexus 6 wobbles too. :v:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Hungry Computer posted:

I've discovered an S6 with a case can be made to work upright on the Tylt Vu by placing something on the base, so that the phone sits 1 to 2 centimeters higher.

I've just gotten used to leaving the phone sideways. Works on the Note 4 and my wife's S6 (edge).

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

So, I love my Moto X 2013.

And I finally have a bluetooth device on me at all times.

So, of course I enabled trusted devices. The only issue is that doing so completely disables the lock screen, rendering it prone to unwanted input. Is there a way to make it kick back to a standard slide lock when it is connected to a trusted device? Or am I stuck waiting for Lollipop to roll out before I get that option?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ruby idiot railed posted:

Also another snapdragon 810? Did I read that right?

The spec sheet I saw only mentioned a Qualcomm processor up to 2.5 GHz.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

The spec sheet I saw only mentioned a Qualcomm processor up to 2.5 GHz.

That spec sheet was for the G3 (must have been used as a placeholder)

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
Speaking of the G3...I decided to go with it. It seemed like the best combination of price and power on the current gen phones. Is there any decent cases that still allow you to use wireless charging? I saw there is one that is kind of a flip case. Not really liking that one too much.

Also, any recommendations on wireless chargers. This is my first phone with it.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Depends on exactly what model you have - my normal international model (D855 I think) has wireless charging built right in so will work with any case (well within reason)

As for chargers I can't recommend one but will say the G3 is a lot pickier than my N4 or N7 - it simply won't charge off the very cheap no name pad that worked fine on the old devices.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

dissss posted:

Depends on exactly what model you have - my normal international model (D855 I think) has wireless charging built right in so will work with any case (well within reason)

As for chargers I can't recommend one but will say the G3 is a lot pickier than my N4 or N7 - it simply won't charge off the very cheap no name pad that worked fine on the old devices.

My supposedly comes with it built in. I have never used wireless charging before and was just worried that a case would interfere with it. It sounds like most simple cases will work just fine. Guess I will have to look closer at reviews for chargers. Thanks.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Any confirmation on the LG G4 having an 810 or 808? I would much rather go with the G4 than the S6 but given the weaker processor (808) or the overheating issues (810) I may be stuck going with the S6

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009
So, my girlfriend has had her S6 less than 2 days and the metal on the bottom is rubbing off onto the front of the phone and it seems permanent as it won't clean off. This happened when she walked about a mile with the phone in the front of her jeans pocket with nothing else in it. These are normal jeans and not tight or anything like that. It would seem some is off with the metal on this phone and this problem will just get worse over time.

Is this something covered under warranty?

http://i.imgur.com/Nr4RfzH.jpg

Edit: Changed image to a link. It was way too big.

Dirk Funk fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 12, 2015

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I hope the freaking tables are under warranty!

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
As much as I'd love to call Samsung out on lovely build quality, you can see a dent in the outer rim just underneath where the metal is "rubbing off." Are you sure nothing else happened to it?

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009
No, it was in a jeans pocket with nothing else. She said it actually got worse from when she first saw it just from the walk home.

It looks to me like the friction from just walking causes the metal to wear in that spot causing that "dent".

The phone wasn't dropped or anything like that.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I think your girlfriend is bullshitting you bro

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It looks like it fell on the floor or something. Can't vouch for my S6 because I have a case on it though.

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009
Mystery solved.

After asking it turns out she had the phone in her front pocket with the screen facing inward. She was wearing a spiked belt and the phone rubbed her belt since it stuck out of her pocket a bit.

I told her to put it in her back pocket until she gets a case.

Apart from that, is there anything that would take that smudge off the glass?

Dirk Funk fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 12, 2015

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
nevermind!

Celexi fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 12, 2015

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Dirk Funk posted:

Apart from that, is there anything that would take that smudge off the glass?

Magic eraser and elbow grease?

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009
Whatever will do it without damaging the glass.

Dirk Funk fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 13, 2015

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Dirk Funk posted:

What will do it without damaging the glass.

Pencil eraser and forehead grease?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It looks like the belt rubbed off the white on the phone bezel. If it's really a smudge, good luck. If it's removed the coating, you're screwed.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

It looks like the belt rubbed off the white on the phone bezel. If it's really a smudge, good luck. If it's removed the coating, you're screwed.

Are you telling me there isn't a clear plastic or glass layer on top of the white layer?
Lol why does anyone buy such poorly made products?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

RZA Encryption posted:

Are you telling me there isn't a clear plastic or glass layer on top of the white layer?

I don't know, I don't have that phone. That could just be discoloration from the metal rubbing on whatever material is on that part of the phone.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

RZA Encryption posted:

Because cheap poo poo sells and a lot of people need a phone to function in society and can't afford a good one, because that is the nature of unopposed global capitalism.

Also ^ ^ ^ yeah that. It DOES look like whatever metallic coating was on the rim of the phone got deposited on the face of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Because cheap poo poo sells and a lot of people need a phone to function in society and can't afford a good one, because that is the nature of unopposed global capitalism.

Also ^ ^ ^ yeah that. It DOES look like whatever metallic coating was on the rim of the phone got deposited on the face of it.

People who "need a phone to function" aren't buying the newest, latest phone at launch.