Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Anime Curator posted:

did u just get a wii u? is that it? just the wii u?

Nope, got one of those retro nunchuk packs so that I could play punch out on it.

Oh, and Super Smash bros, but that sort of came with.

And also captain toad: girlfriend distractor.

That's twice the line-up of the PS4, and infinity times the games for Xbone, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Ilustforponydeath posted:

That's twice the line-up of the PS4, and infinity times the games for Xbone, right?

welcome to the Wii U thread!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Wellllllcome.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Also play it yourself. Play Captain Toad.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
give it to me i'll be your girlfriend

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Do not let that man be your girlfriend

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

one time noirstronaut carried a really heavy tv up some stairs but i probably wouldn't kiss him

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
it wasn't just any tv it was a trinitron

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
You need to get a smart TV man those babes know how to put out :pervert:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

flare posted:

Really enjoying Lego Batman 3 only to find out none of the DLC is available for Wii U.

No Lego Diggle :argh:

If you haven't had the chance, try out Lego Marvel. Its got a much stronger character variety and level design than lego batman 3.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Smash Patch will save us all soon

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pretty much every WB game is missing most or all of the DLC on Wii U, they stopped giving a gently caress a while back.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pretty much every WB game is missing most or all of the DLC on Wii U, they stopped giving a gently caress a while back.

They even ended up canceling the Hobbits DLC for all consoles. Guess they rather focus on their Toys to Life game instead.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Downloaded Super Mario 64 on the Wii U. The fact I can remap the controller buttons is amazing.

I hope I can eventually get all the N64 games I really want on the Wii U. I still have my Nintendo 64 and the games, but the controllers are getting worn out and my console, despite me taking amazing care of it, isn't brand new anymore. One day she might not power on anymore.

Here's hoping I can get my N64 Library Digitally!

Anyone else have the "want it in my collection" problem that I have? So many of the games I've downloaded I downloaded because I just wanted them in my library on the Wii U and then I barely touch them. I have only "finished" a small selection of them; I just am mesmerized by the convenience of having my favorite (virtual console) games on one console. I can't be the only one can I?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I have a real problem of going through my games library LiFo. So I almost never finish anything. But then sometimes I finish a bunch of games in a row very quickly and it's fun to move them to my finished folder.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Also good for actual gamers!

Actually I got Captain Toad for Christmas and I forced my then-75 year old father to sit down and play it with me. He only plays Spider Solitaire and FreeCell. I thought it would be a nice, low key introduction to a real game for him, but he promptly bugged the gently caress out at having to control the camera AND walk so we settled for I play the game and he asks every four seconds what the hell is going on. It was a fun bonding experience. :3: (For real! Not everybody's parents will take their grown-rear end kid's stupid toy hobby seriously.)

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You need to get a Wii U man those dudes know how to pull out :pervert:

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Spectacle Rock posted:

Anyone else have the "want it in my collection" problem that I have? So many of the games I've downloaded I downloaded because I just wanted them in my library on the Wii U and then I barely touch them. I have only "finished" a small selection of them; I just am mesmerized by the convenience of having my favorite (virtual console) games on one console. I can't be the only one can I?

I do the same thing, even with physical games. Though I tend to jump from game to game a lot so I rarely finish them anymore. I also just realized how many games are/were on the Wii's Virtual Console and I wanna get caught up getting those, too.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

The Lobster posted:

Also good for actual gamers!

Actually I got Captain Toad for Christmas and I forced my then-75 year old father to sit down and play it with me. He only plays Spider Solitaire and FreeCell. I thought it would be a nice, low key introduction to a real game for him, but he promptly bugged the gently caress out at having to control the camera AND walk so we settled for I play the game and he asks every four seconds what the hell is going on. It was a fun bonding experience. :3: (For real! Not everybody's parents will take their grown-rear end kid's stupid toy hobby seriously.)

Kinda reminds me of my now-retired 63-year-old mom. Most of the time she gets overwhelmed by the controls. About three years ago, she saw me playing Tetris Attack on a SNES emulator in my laptop and seemed interested in playing because she saw her younger coworkers playing Candy Crush on their tablets. I put it on the house's super old PC that we mostly use for printing and after playing for a bit she got hooked (and she kicks my rear end on it). Back when I was 12 (ten years ago), when my only console was a GBA SP I got as present a game where you took pictures of characters of many of NIckelodeon's cartoons of that time. It isn't a good game by any means, but she and I played the poo poo out of it back then. I recently got the ROM and we play it together every now and then.

Also she LOVES Rhythm Heaven Fever. The game is pretty hard, but the minigames use one or two buttons at most and I translate the tutorials to Spanish, so she understands what to do pretty quickly (and she got her first Superb on Hole in One a few days ago!).

By the way, Captain Toad is so good. And babies love it, I think. When my brother brings his one-year-old son and we start playing Captain Toad, the baby is hooked to the TV like glue. Aside from Pocoyó, even other children's shows don't catch his attention as much.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
Got my Wii U today. Played it all day. What a great system, I can't believe I ever doubted it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spectacle Rock posted:

Downloaded Super Mario 64 on the Wii U. The fact I can remap the controller buttons is amazing.

I hope I can eventually get all the N64 games I really want on the Wii U. I still have my Nintendo 64 and the games, but the controllers are getting worn out and my console, despite me taking amazing care of it, isn't brand new anymore. One day she might not power on anymore.

Here's hoping I can get my N64 Library Digitally!

Get yourself some eShop cards and a Classic Controller (Second-hand, ebay, whatever). The Wii Shop Channel in the virtual Wii has a decent range of N64 games, but it doesn't share the account balance with the 3DS and WiiU eShops due to it still using Points instead of actual money for its currency. It's 1000 points per N64 game, incidentally, which translates to about $10-15 I think?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Smoremaster posted:

Got my Wii U today. Played it all day. What a great system, I can't believe I ever doubted it.

Welcome to the club. What games did you play?

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Welcome to the club. What games did you play?

Super Mario 3D World, Windwaker HD, Nintendo Land, Affordable Space Adventures, and Super Metroid. :getin:

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Smoremaster posted:

Super Mario 3D World, Windwaker HD, Nintendo Land, Affordable Space Adventures, and Super Metroid. :getin:

How do you feel about the gamepad now that you've used it?

My thoughts were...

Battery life is short.
Controller feels great but my wrists get tired if I don't have a pillow under my hands.
The gamepad having a screen is kind of great.
Games feel wonderful.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Red Robin Hood posted:

How do you feel about the gamepad now that you've used it?

My thoughts were...

Battery life is short.
Controller feels great but my wrists get tired if I don't have a pillow under my hands.
The gamepad having a screen is kind of great.
Games feel wonderful.

invest in a high capacity battery. 7-8 hours of battery life, man

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Still don't understand how someone's hands or wrists get tired from a practical weightless feeling of the Gamepad.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
The size is awkward and the grip makes it feel much heavier than any other controller if you hold it one-handed. Which you do more frequently because it's a touchscreen.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I rest it in my lap. Well, I support it with my hands which are on my thighs. Weight is not a factor.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm baffled that the gamepad isn't comfortable for some people.

But then again, I'm the guy who starts getting wrist pain if I use the Wiimote for more than an hour at a time.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I am a skinny girl with skinny tiny girl wrists and I think the controller feels fine. I also liked the original bigass Xbox controller if that matters, though.

I was playing a game yesterday, got pissed, and slammed the controller down in my lap. I didn't know my cat was there at the time. I suppose my cat would say he doesn't like the feel of the gamepad crashing into his body.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Please be nice to your Game Pad and your cat.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm baffled that the gamepad isn't comfortable for some people.

But then again, I'm the guy who starts getting wrist pain if I use the Wiimote for more than an hour at a time.

I dislike both the gamepad and wiimote a

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I dislike both the gamepad and wiimote a

I like both but then again I properly work out.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

People complain about the battery life of the gamepad and here I am wondering who has the time and energy to play video games for four hours in a row.

I've literally never had the gamepad battery die. :shrug:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

bopopolis. I am poor in spirit, but rich in banana coin

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kaubocks posted:

People complain about the battery life of the gamepad and here I am wondering who has the time and energy to play video games for four hours in a row.

I've literally never had the gamepad battery die. :shrug:

I sometimes don't properly put the gamepad away on the cradle when done playing.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I have had the battery die on me if I don't leave it plugged in but I'm all of two feet from an outlet on my couch so I just leave it plugged in. Have no idea why people think the Gamepad is uncomfortable. I have little girlie hands and I've held it for 8+ hour marathon sessions of various games. It's a very nice controller and I'm completely used to it, which is probably why I keep putting off buying the Pro Controller like I need to. I just like the extra features 80% of games put on the Gamepad too much to take that extra little bit of functionality away, even if only 10% of the games really, truly utilize it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

gently caress you bopopolis owls and penguins are now officially on my shitlist

Lmao now the game wants me to do it again but in time trial

e: Playing through 3-1 so I can feel joy again after that bird filled hell

deadwing fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 12, 2015

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I either have or don't want every Platinum game except for Tropical Freeze and Galaxy 2, ended up going with Tropical Freeze though I haven't played any DK game at all since the Wii version first came out and that was awesome. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Please do not use your Wii U GamePad to smash cats.

deadwing posted:

Lmao now the game wants me to do it again but in time trial
I'm pretty sure there were two or three different times where, after finally beating a K level, I golded the time trial in one shot. Felt so good.

• Locked thread