Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

OctoberBlues posted:

I could not possibly understand this less than I do.

I only understand it because its a condensed version of something that was posted here before.

Had to google "OTP" myself but basically its all 'shipping bullshit. (If you don't know what that means either, bless you.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

OctoberBlues posted:

If it were true, every single person in that story would deserve to die there I summarized it for you

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zaphod42 posted:

Had to google "OTP" myself but basically its all 'shipping bullshit. (If you don't know what that means either, bless you.)

tl;dr, OTP is a very polite way of saying "I pretend these characters are fuckin"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Trebek posted:

poo poo I still sometimes get confused about how old I am. I have to think about it for a second at least.

If I hadn't been born in a year that ended in a 0 I would not be able to remember my age 85% of the time. As it is I still have to do the math but I can always get the single digit right and luckily the options for the tens digit are limited so I haven't yet hosed that up

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

If I hadn't been born in a year that ended in a 0 I would not be able to remember my age 85% of the time. As it is I still have to do the math but I can always get the single digit right and luckily the options for the tens digit are limited so I haven't yet hosed that up

Surely you don't have to think too hard to remember if you are 26 or 36? (for example)

Electrical Fire has a new favorite as of 15:45 on Apr 11, 2015

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I'm 27 but sometimes I think I'm 26, or am I 28? 2015 - 1987 ... Oh ok 28 then. Maybe.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Gosh darn it. I was gonna post this. :bahgawd:

I guess I'm slow, because I can never remember how old I'm supposed to be.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Electrical Fire posted:

Surely you don't have to think to hard to remember if you are 26 or 36? (for example)

Yeah, exactly. I know I didn't pass 30 yet and I know my teenage years are behind me, and I'm also not a child, so there's really only one set of options. After 2020 things are gonna get hosed up though.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

OctoberBlues posted:

People on tumblr know of this 'hugh-more' thing and they too find poo poo that didn't happen ludicrous and sometimes go out of their way to make fun of it just like goons do.

Hint hint: that chat post was made to mock the dumbass poo poo that ya'll in this thread like to mock too.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

sweeperbravo posted:

Yeah, exactly. I know I didn't pass 30 yet and I know my teenage years are behind me, and I'm also not a child, so there's really only one set of options. After 2020 things are gonna get hosed up though.

I turned 28 last year which means that basically until I turn 30, I will think of myself exclusively as "pushing 30".

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
I thought I turned 28 last birthday when I'd really only turned 27, and only realised my mistake when HR called to tell me my age and DOB didn't match on a form I'd filled out.

When you're old enough to drink but not old enough to retire, nobody really needs to know the specifics.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I've seen somebody try to get into a club and when asked they used their real birthday by mistake, this is pretty likely to have happened, it happens constantly.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Pidmon posted:

People on tumblr know of this 'hugh-more' thing and they too find poo poo that didn't happen ludicrous and sometimes go out of their way to make fun of it just like goons do.

Hint hint: that chat post was made to mock the dumbass poo poo that ya'll in this thread like to mock too.

Poe Slaw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hmm yes I am sure condescending left them absolutely flabbergasted.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Hmm yes I am sure condescending left them absolutely flabbergasted.

wot dat?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

EmmyOk posted:

wot dat?

:smuggo: Wow I totally owned you with my sweet intellect. Brb, gotta make a meme about it, those internet points are going to flow baby :getin:

Man I feel dumber for just pretending to have that thought process.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
The whole "being condescending by defining condescending" is an old joke and it doesn't need to be a first person story for internet fame.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

Pardon me, but I just happened to be jogging by and could not possibly fathom why in the world someone would be grilling at eight o'clock in the morning.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

DoomLazer posted:

'Pardon me, but I just happened to be jogging by and could not possibly fathom why in the world someone would be grilling at eight o'clock in the morning.' - A stray dog

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

DoomLazer posted:

Pardon me, but I just happened to be jogging by and could not possibly fathom why in the world someone would be grilling at eight o'clock in the morning.

I'm more interested in the talking dog

E:^^fuk

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I mean I'd prolly drop by and ask but why on earth do you think this'd be interesting enough to put online?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

I mean I'd prolly drop by and ask but why on earth do you think this'd be interesting enough to put online?

"Cos you're so random that people stop to ask about it ehehehehehehehehehe your weird randomness quirkiness confuses boring normal people hehehahahaha haha haaa steak hahaha

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

or why did it make it to the coveted "front page" of imgur?

jeremiah johnson
Nov 3, 2007

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Going along with age chat it does absolutely happen. When I was 27 I said I was 28 for a whole year until on my birthday, I realized I was just now turning 28.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Some STDH I find too strange to be truly fake.

quote:

A Catalog Of Errors
CALL CENTER | FL, USA | FOOD & DRINK, MONEY, TECHNOLOGY
(I am working a temporary account for a well known holiday gift catering service that specializes in meats and cheese. The account has ads in newspapers, and in their catalogs and website.)

Me: “Thank you for choosing [Company]. My name is [My Name]. How may I assist you?”

(The caller sounds like a woman in her late thirties.)

Customer: “Hi, I saw you were having a special sale on a spiral cut honey glazed ham. I’d like to get one of those.”

Me: “I’d be happy to order you one today. May I have the gift code?”

Customer: “I don’t see a gift code. Where is it?”

Me: “It should be in a box on the side of the page, with the gifts letter designating the code.”

Customer: “I don’t see it? I’m scrolling up and down and don’t see any boxes.”

(I get a sinking feeling but keep strong.)

Me: “Oh, do you have a catalog or are you on the website? If you need assistance using the website I can help you with that as well.”

Customer: “I’m on the website.”

Me: “All right, then instead of looking for a gift code, all you need do is look for the button that says ‘add to c-‘”

Customer: “I know that! What do you think I am, a moron?! I want to order items off the website, over the phone!”

Me: “I can certainly do that for you. Now what weight spiral cut ham is it?”

Customer: “It’s the 20-pound for $35.99.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. The only 20-pound ham we have is for $49.99.”

Customer: “Well, that’s not possible. I’m looking at it!”

Me: “Is it a special offer?”

Customer: “Yes, it is. That’s obviously why I want to order it!”

(The sinking feeling kicks in all the way.)

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but we cannot use the website specials in place of catalog specials. Website specials are for the website only.”

Customer: “So you’re telling me that I cannot get this ham for the price that it is advertised at?! That’s false advertisement!”

Me: “No, ma’am, you can, but you have to order it online. The systems at the call center can only process catalog specials. You can order the product online, just not through the phone.”

Customer: “But I don’t want to order it online. I want to order over the phone!”

(At this point I’m at a loss. My manager has noticed how long the call has taken, and takes a headset to listen into the call.)

Customer: “Here, I have a gift code, like what you asked before. Try that!”

Me: *I try the gift code that she pulled out of thin air* “It says it is void in my system, ma’am. As I’ve explained this is only an Internet offer and—”

Customer: “Can’t you just adjust the price of the ham on your end?! I’ve had people do that for me before!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but all catalog prices are as shown. We cannot adjust the product price.”

Customer: “What the h*** kind of customer service is this?! I want to speak to a manager!”

Me: “Certainly, ma’am. I’ll call him right over.”

(I mute my mic and take a moment to explain what my manager has missed on the call. My manager un-mutes his mic.)

Manager: “Hello, my name is [Manager], supervisor for [Company]. How may I be of assistance?”

Customer: “Your employee is refusing to give me correct price for a ham!”

(My manager then takes another 10 or so minutes on the phone. Outside of the call, I kind of get to laugh at the trouble the woman gives him. And then on top of THAT, after he re-explains EVERYTHING I have already told the woman, she demands to speak to HIS manager. The MOD manager, a woman I’ve never even seen before, comes on to the floor and takes a mic. She looks bemused.)

MOD Manager: “Hello I am [MOD Manager], [Manager]’s manager. How may I—”

(The woman on the other end immediately sets off on a rant.)

MOD Manager: “Ma’am, this is a business. You’re wasting our time. If you want an online product, order it online. Good-day.”

(The MOD manager doesn’t wait for a reply, just hangs up on the customer and turns to us.)

MOD Manager: “Thanks for the call. I needed a laugh.”

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
A significant part of my amusement/disdain for NAR is the idiotic stylistic choices they've made. "My name is [My Name]" is peak NAR wording.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Khazar-khum posted:

Some STDH I find too strange to be truly fake.

I worked many years in customer service, including with computer poo poo. imo this is the one and only NAR story that actually happened the way it was written. I had this type of stuff happen frequently, my favorite being when the bigwig regional manager told some stupid gently caress that [large famous company] didn't want him as a customer.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

I accidentally smoked crack with a coworker once while smoking weed.

I was in my late teens and working retail. I was chilling out in the parking structure attached to the mall after our shift. We smoke a bowl and I feel funny. I get tunnel vision where it's like my eyes are three feet in front of my face and the lights in the parking structure are oppressively bright. So I ask my coworker what kind of weed she had, because it's not like any weed I've smoked before.

Turns out she had used the pipe to smoke crack the previous day, and it was super cool of her to not tell me that. This was at the Grove in Los Angeles. For anyone not familiar with the Grove, it's a high end shopping mall and tourist trap. Directly east of it is a park where people play base ball and have picnics during the day, but at night crackheads and crack dealers hang out there because it's very poorly lit.

So I figure that I probably shouldn't drive and should just chill out for a bit. It's just crack residue so I figure an hour or so should long enough to get it out of my system. But I can't chill out in the parking structure because it's just so loving bright, it hurts my eyes.

So I turn around and I see the park. It's so dark and and inviting, and I have this overwhelming desire to run toward is as fast as I can so I can lie down on a park bench until the crack passes through my system. And that's the day I learned why so many crackheads hung out in that park.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yep weed pipes and crack pipes are totally the same thing...

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For the straight edge:

Crack Pipe

Weed Pipe

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

For the straight edge:

Crack Pipe

Weed Pipe

Thanks

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

OctoberBlues posted:

Yep weed pipes and crack pipes are totally the same thing...

I can imagine in an emergency, someone would use a weed pipe to smoke crack, but I can't imagine them leaving any residue in the pipe. But it's possible.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Uhhh.... that story is 100% totally plausible.

Like the only dubious part is the friend not noticing that they were smoking weed out of a crack pipe, but I could see this theoretical stoner dude just not knowing or not paying enough attention. You could totally smoke weed out of a crack pipe if you were in a pinch though and if there was residue of other drugs on there you would definitely feel it.

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I can imagine in an emergency, someone would use a weed pipe to smoke crack, but I can't imagine them leaving any residue in the pipe. But it's possible.

Oh it sure could.

Even more likely, it could have been a glass pipe and something other than crack, the dude may just not really know all of his drugs, something other than weed hit him and he jumped to crack. He mentioned his coworker never told him it was crack. People smoke DMT out of glass pipes and lemme tell you, that poo poo can linger.

When life hands you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Apr 13, 2015

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Unless he was, for some reason, using a butane lighter to hit the pipe then DMT wouldn't do anything, especially just a bit of residue. DMT requires a much higher temperature to release the compounds in it than marijuana does.

Still possible, but less likely, I've used a butane lighter for pot but it makes it pretty harsh.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Zaphod42 posted:

When life hands you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls.

Just saw this movie and that was easily my favorite scene.

Not Always Romantic is always a fun place to go to for STDH.

quote:

Must Love Dogs
HOME | CINCINNATI, OH, USA | DATING
(I’ve started seeing a new guy and invite him to my place. I have a 90 pound, one-year-old German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix. He’s generally friendly and goofy, but has been a bit jealous of my new friend taking some attention away from him. We are mid-intercourse, and my dog decides to throw a tantrum by ripping a cushion off of a chair and thrashing it around. It immediately whacks us both in the face.)

Guy Friend: *sitting back* “Your big, goofy dog just smacked me in the face.”

Me: *dying with laughter* “I’m sorry… I’m sorry… He hit me, too! This is just so funny… [Dog], chill out!”

Guy Friend: *laughing now, too* “You’re lucky you have a nice rack.”

Me: “Oh, and this is so going on the Internet.”

(After a short break to calm my dog and giggles down, we picked up where we left off. He may be a keeper.)

"Oh this is so going on the Internet" :downswords:

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003
Come the gently caress on, they edited out the dog's name.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: You’re lucky you have a nice rack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

Unless he was, for some reason, using a butane lighter to hit the pipe then DMT wouldn't do anything, especially just a bit of residue. DMT requires a much higher temperature to release the compounds in it than marijuana does.

Still possible, but less likely, I've used a butane lighter for pot but it makes it pretty harsh.

Hm, you're right. I forgot it needed a butane lighter. That makes it far less likely, but its still plausible if a butane lighter was all you had on hand. And while its super rare I have seen people use a butane lighter for weed before. (Like you said, too hot, too harsh; but people are dumb)

• Locked thread