Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Really loving the UB six dragons deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rinkles posted:

And Deathmist? Predictable value creature?

Zero in the top 8, anyway.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Serperoth posted:

And speaking of on-camera unscrupulous-ness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnt3zQ0oz7Q

Why, that's a nice Temple you have there on the battlefield in your hand.

Holy poo poo how did he get away with that, it's so loving blatant. Hope he gets suspended.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
The thing with Narset is that she doesn't have the best synergy with the current tier 1 decks. I'm trying to sketch out a Bant Midrange with her and the dragon lords of said colors; not necessarily like Wescoe's list where it's GW/u, but more like UWg. On paper it looks like she'd be great in a deck with Coursers for her +1 and the different commands with her -2. She may not have had a strong showing at the PT, but I think she definitely has some untapped potential.

Granted I rarely play in sanctioned events so what the gently caress do I know?

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Ran junk "control" again at FNM. 3-1

R1 - RG Dragons - 2-1. might have been the Chris Vanmeter list from the SCG Open last week. Three very good back and forth games. Thunderbreak Regent is really tough to play against.

R2 - Bant Heroic. Tom Ross's list. 0-2 G1 he was ahead but I felt like I was just one card away from stabilizing. G2 I stabilized and cleared all his threats twice but just couldn't get a threat on the board of my own to apply pressure.

R3 - Mono Red Heroic or Sligh 2-1 - I lost game 1 hard. I took 1 damage turn one, and then 9 turn two. G2 courser early put the game out of his reach. G3 turn 4 drown after he had over extended closed it out (to his credit I had milled 2 drowns and he was betting I didn't have the third)

R4 - BUG ASSault Formation 2-0. When he played a dragons eye savant I immediately asked him if he was butt fighting and he shrugged and then played assault formation the following turn. I don't remember a lot about this match as I was really tired but I think that the deck is pretty awesome, just needs the right sideboard. G1 felt very close but I snuck in a victory, G2 coursers getting counters from a bow of nylea sealed up the game

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Adrian Sullivan: UB control
Shota Yasooka: UB control with a dragon theme
Andrew Ohlschwager: UB control with a heavier dragon theme and a splash for Dragonlord Ojutai
Marco Cammilluzzi: Abzan Control
Ondrej Strasky: Gr devotion with See the Unwritten
Thomas Hendriks: Gr devotion with mono-permanents (:wtc:)
Jason Chung: GR dragons
Martin Dang: RDW with a splash for Atarka's Command

3 of the top 8 decks have a "dragons matter" subtheme, that's pretty cool.

e: misread Chung's deck.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 11, 2015

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
This guy's about to start the top 8 of a PTQ with Bant Heroic, went 6-1 in Swiss:
http://www.twitch.tv/southfloridamagic

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

InterrupterJones posted:

The thing with Narset is that she doesn't have the best synergy with the current tier 1 decks. I'm trying to sketch out a Bant Midrange with her and the dragon lords of said colors; not necessarily like Wescoe's list where it's GW/u, but more like UWg. On paper it looks like she'd be great in a deck with Coursers for her +1 and the different commands with her -2. She may not have had a strong showing at the PT, but I think she definitely has some untapped potential.

Granted I rarely play in sanctioned events so what the gently caress do I know?

The problem is that she doesn't affect the board at all when she comes down unless you have a lot of mana right when you cast her and something proactive to do.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Was there someone in this thread that said fetches will never be below 10 bucks? I swear that was quite a few people.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sickening posted:

Was there someone in this thread that said fetches will never be below 10 bucks? I swear that was quite a few people.
The famous quote was What A Judas shrieking not that they won't, but that he won't let them

I don't think anyone else stated anything like it with such vigor

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Spiderdrake posted:

The famous quote was What A Judas shrieking not that they won't, but that he won't let them

I don't think anyone else stated anything like it with such vigor

He's doing a horrible job.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sickening posted:

I don't have quotes but yup. I predicted 10-15 at peak supply and that's right where we are.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

jassi007 posted:

I don't have quotes but yup. I predicted 10-15 at peak supply and that's right where we are.

4/5 at least, poor Bloodstained Mire :smith: Now's probably a good time to pick up my 4th Strand and Delta, right?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Count Bleck posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure Origins will include a Mythic Rare Dragon for 5 that is absolutely busted in some way and literally better than any dragon in the set about Dragons. Again.

MaRo will mandate a reprint of Thundermaw Hellkite in order to counter The Card That Is Killing Magic, Hornet Queen

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

C-Euro posted:

4/5 at least, poor Bloodstained Mire :smith: Now's probably a good time to pick up my 4th Strand and Delta, right?

Now is probably close to the best price you'll see. Fetches are unlikely to go down much if any when they rotate. Since Khans is no longer being drafted, the # of fetches being cracked is way down, and redemptions are probably tapering off. You probably have 2-6 months to finish up before prices start to move much, but it is unlikely to get lower.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
EDIT: NVM I'm dumb.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

C-Euro posted:

You should already be on your 8th or 12th, dude. And forget about getting foils.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ungulateman posted:

MaRo will mandate a reprint of Thundermaw Hellkite in order to counter The Card That Is Killing Magic, Hornet Queen

I dont know if you've heard but red has no good cards, ever, and wotc hate it as a color the most by far

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ungulateman posted:

Having a Big Red Devotion deck based around Thunderbreak, Thundermaw, and Stormbreath is my dream, don't make me get sad when they don't reprint it.

I welcome a return to our 50 dollar Thundermaw overlords

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

We already have a dragon that kills all the hornet tokens when it ETBs.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

We already have a dragon that kills all the hornet tokens when it ETBs.

Leaves the Queen, dealbreaker.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

logis posted:

Alright so Shahar Shenhar gets a 2nd rules violation for a rules violation that's definitely not obvious (at least to me watching at home without thinking about it):

Judge: You didn't bolster when you cast Abzan Advantage.
Shahar: Hmm. Yes, I didnt have a creature.
Judge: You killed the Illusionary gains?
Shahar: Yep.
Judge: Well, you get back your creature, and you were supposed to bolster it before the end of resolution.
Shahar: Oh.
Shahar's opponent: Missed this one too.

So later in this match, Shahar had a Great-Horn Krushok, enchanted with his Gleam of Authority. He had used it to bolster his other dude a few times, so he now had another creature with three +1/+1 counters. His opponent cast Dragonlord Silumgar, and stole the Great-Horn Krushok.

My question: Should the Krushok be 3/5 or 6/8 while the opponent is controlling it? My view would be 6/8, but the commentators (and maybe players? dunno) acted as if it weren't buffing it, since the opponent had no counters going on his board. But since Shenhar still controls the Gleam, I would say the Gleam should still be looking at Shenhar's creatures to check for counters.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
It's a 6/8 - the controller of the enchantment hasn't changed.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I feel like Narsets problem is they tried to make her playable by giving her a high loyalty in a standard with a planeswalker killer that doesn't care about loyalty and it's everywhere. I think she has potential at rotation.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

She's an incremental advantage card in a format that is all about haymakers and has a ton of haymakers at her CMC. There are way better things you can be doing at 4 mana, and unless their design philosophy has shifted a lot there will just be different haymakers keeping her out of Standard at rotation

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

ungulateman posted:

I'd be okay with this.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

So, a few days ago, LSV posted a video where he played a Living End Splinter Twin mashup. The entire thing was great, but best match of it by far was against a Soul Sisters where his opponent got Rest in Peace and multiple Soul Warden effects out.

Well, it turns out his opponent was recording as well and the recording is here. LSVs video is here, third one on the playlist.

Elyv fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 12, 2015

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Elyv posted:

So, a few days ago, LSV posted a video where he played a Living End Splinter Twin mashup. The entire thing was great, but best match of it by far was against a Soul Sisters where his opponent got Rest in Peace and multiple Soul Warden effects out.

Well, it turns out his opponent was recording as well and the recording is here. LSVs video is here, third one on the playlist.

This owns to watch from his opponent's view. If he had just played out his Soul's Attendant game 1 LSV couldn't have even pulled off the Exarch-Twin win.

edit: it's funny too because in game 2 i remembered that spot where his opponent didn't attack with 3 spirit tokens which may or may not have eventually mattered at that point and now we get to hear him kicking himself immediately for his mistake the second he clicked through.

MiddleEastBeast fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 12, 2015

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Quarterfinals should be starting in a few minutes.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I feel like Narsets problem is they tried to make her playable by giving her a high loyalty in a standard with a planeswalker killer that doesn't care about loyalty and it's everywhere. I think she has potential at rotation.

After rotation U/B control gets to replace Downfall with Silumgar's Command, which while usually much worse is still a planeswalker killer that doesn't give a poo poo about her loyalty. Utter End means that Abzan will also continue to not care about her having 7 'toughness'. She's going to be just as good against decks that deal damage as she is now, and just as bad against decks with non-damage removal as she is now.

Not to mention both Duress and Despise, the 'replacements' for Thoughtseize, both hit her.

Other predictions:

- Brutal Hordechief will never be good in Standard because I have a playset of them and therefore they can't become worth anything
- Allied painlands in Magic Origins???
- White will get yet another 2/1 for 1 with some dumb upside that doesn't have any impact on constructed formats
- Buyback or some buyback-like mechanic to return in Battle for Zendikar
- Temur will never be a tier 1 deck in this or the next Standard :(

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Green Devotion player is awful. Has a huge board, decides to play the rest of his hand for no reason right before Sullivan would untap 5 mana. Immediately gets board wiped.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Decklists are public and Sullivan's version only has one Crux of Fate mainboard. He was more worried about Perilous Vault, which wouldn't have punished him there. He made a reasonable decision and was punished for it.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
It's cool that Silumgar's Scorn ended up being good. I don't think I posted about it but I admit thinking it was complete and utter conditional poo poo. Instead, it appears Counterspell is back.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

ungulateman posted:

Decklists are public and Sullivan's version only has one Crux of Fate mainboard. He was more worried about Perilous Vault, which wouldn't have punished him there. He made a reasonable decision and was punished for it.

There's also 1 Aetherspouts to worry about. Still seems like an unnecessary risk to not hold back Arbor Colossus at least.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

ungulateman posted:

Playing the Courser was a mistake, since it doesn't change the clock except against a second Bile Blight (which, given that Sullivan had four black on the table, would probably have to be a topdeck since otherwise he'd probably wait to double bile-blight the Hydra). Playing the Colossus to present a 1-turn clock against Perilous Vault is a reasonable line though.

The question about Dragonlord Atarka should possibly have tipped him off to an in-hand Crux of Fate though, since Sullivan then went out of his way to stay above 8 life.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Also I know I'm late on this but god bless Adrian Sullivan and his upside down lands in front.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

I think Thomas should have +1'd Xenagos so he could deploy Nissa AND Polukranos that turn. It's extremely likely that Adrian couldn't have dealt with all three, but he might (MIGHT) deal with just two.

e: Also Genesis Hydra is disgusting versus Aetherspouts, lol

e: e: PLEASE DON'T PUNT THIS HENDRICKS THERE'S TOO MANY U/B CONTROL DECKS IN THE TOP 8 ALREADY

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 12, 2015

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Adrian looks perpetually annoyed and pissed off.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Adrian's basically won now. Go Adrian!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Game 1 of the 2nd Top 8 matchup ended in under 2 minutes.

• Locked thread